Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,308 members, 7,836,337 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 05:39 AM

Buhari To Name Journalist, Tolu Ogunlesi, SA New Media - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari To Name Journalist, Tolu Ogunlesi, SA New Media (44899 Views)

Tolu Ogunlesi Comment About Ex-President Yar'adua's Health / Decreeing Boycott Of Arabic Is Equal To Boko Haram – Tolu Ogunlesi / Buhari Appoints Tolu Ogunlesi As His SA On Digital/New Media (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari To Name Journalist, Tolu Ogunlesi, SA New Media by ut47(m): 5:54pm On Jul 16, 2015
congratulation Bro!!!
Re: Buhari To Name Journalist, Tolu Ogunlesi, SA New Media by iseyinoro(m): 5:58pm On Jul 16, 2015
Wow! This is great.A proud Mellanbite of the University of Ibadan who tutored me as a budding student journalist when he was President of the Union Campus of Journalists(UCJ).#GREATESTUITES!!!
Re: Buhari To Name Journalist, Tolu Ogunlesi, SA New Media by phyllosilicate(m): 5:59pm On Jul 16, 2015
1bunne4lif:
we're in a democratic rule and he was elected the president of nigeria and not of those that voted for him.
true, that is in theory. In practical comrades who joined you in the struggle eat the fattest meat, the others are compensated. How many people dat didn't work for your Governor has he appointed?
Re: Buhari To Name Journalist, Tolu Ogunlesi, SA New Media by vigasimple(m): 6:03pm On Jul 16, 2015
Government of propaganda
Re: Buhari To Name Journalist, Tolu Ogunlesi, SA New Media by 1bunne4lif(m): 6:04pm On Jul 16, 2015
phyllosilicate:
true, that is in theory. In practical comrades who joined you in the struggle eat the fattest meat, the others are compensated. How many people dat didn't work for your Governor has he appointed?
Are you trying to tell me now that nobody from the east voted for him?
Re: Buhari To Name Journalist, Tolu Ogunlesi, SA New Media by aaamos(m): 6:06pm On Jul 16, 2015
no disvirgin
Mbkite:

defeated?
Re: Buhari To Name Journalist, Tolu Ogunlesi, SA New Media by Oduduwaboy(m): 6:06pm On Jul 16, 2015
MosakuAW:

Congrats.

He looks calm from his pix.

We are still awaiting appointments from the east, all we have been seeing is North and West or there is no credible person in the East!
Stop being mischievous man! why does the east wanna reap where it did not sow?! Afterall the "Director" calls Nigeria the 'Zoo' that must fall.
Re: Buhari To Name Journalist, Tolu Ogunlesi, SA New Media by PenSniper: 6:10pm On Jul 16, 2015
Mogidi:

I hope Buhari's eagle land on ya head grin grin

The flat heads of bear-furos are tailor-made for its landing.
Re: Buhari To Name Journalist, Tolu Ogunlesi, SA New Media by 1after: 6:11pm On Jul 16, 2015
ECOTERRORS:
Japhet Omojuwa has lost out again, Daura President appointing my yoruba folks into *talk talk* position while the Northerners are getting juicy appointments.

Change Indeed

Shameless tribalist and bigot.
Re: Buhari To Name Journalist, Tolu Ogunlesi, SA New Media by Egbagirl(f): 6:14pm On Jul 16, 2015
This is exciting! Super happy for Tolu! cheesy
Re: Buhari To Name Journalist, Tolu Ogunlesi, SA New Media by phyllosilicate(m): 6:14pm On Jul 16, 2015
1bunne4lif:
Are you trying to tell me now that nobody from the east voted for him?
people from the east voted for him, people of the east would get positions from him. But the truth his people from the east won't get many juicy positions from him. And the positions would be controlled by people like Okorocha, Onu, Iginge and the few APC members in the other states. That is politics. My state was sidelined by GEJ because it was an APC state even if it was in the same zone He came from and edo voted massively for him in 2011.
Re: Buhari To Name Journalist, Tolu Ogunlesi, SA New Media by Mogidi: 6:15pm On Jul 16, 2015
PenSniper:

The flat heads of bear-furos are tailor-made for its landing.

You're a bigger ediot than I earlier assumed if you think your snide remarks have any bearing on my tribe. In case f uck face wants to know, am an Edo man proper.
Re: Buhari To Name Journalist, Tolu Ogunlesi, SA New Media by spiralwedge(m): 6:16pm On Jul 16, 2015
Seun would soon be appointed by ambode.
I was expecting @omojuwa to be appointed by El Rufai... time still dey sha
Re: Buhari To Name Journalist, Tolu Ogunlesi, SA New Media by kodlins(f): 6:20pm On Jul 16, 2015
Finally Tolu has made it from his cartoons.

I still wonder why Ford motors were his biggest sponsors.

Congratulations to him though
Re: Buhari To Name Journalist, Tolu Ogunlesi, SA New Media by Mynd44: 6:20pm On Jul 16, 2015
Jarus:
Great. Tolu is a great guy. I have had cause to interact with him. He's probably the most brilliant under-35 columnist in Nigeria, in my opinion.

Confession: I lobbied for this position. I talked to Femi Adesina, a senior friend on a first name level, that I won't mind handling their Social Media for them when I realised Garba Shehu and Femi were not so social media savvy. I still have records of our conversation.

I have a feeling a feeling my name was among the suggested names for this position, but Tolu will beat anybody. Tolu is a great guy that has the mien , temperament and knowledge to handle the job better. His level-headedness is another bonus. Tolu doesnt come across as someone that will play a Wendel Simlin. He has a name to protect as a CNN award winning journalist.

I wish him all the best. He is the best man for the job.
Sorry to counter you but my guys say there is no office of new media anymore as it has been scrapped. This news originated from BreakingTimes.
Re: Buhari To Name Journalist, Tolu Ogunlesi, SA New Media by 1bunne4lif(m): 6:24pm On Jul 16, 2015
phyllosilicate:
people from the east voted for him, people of the east would get positions from him. But the truth his people from the east won't get many juicy positions from him. And the positions would be controlled by people like Okorocha, Onu, Iginge and the few APC members in the other states. That is politics. My state was sidelined by GEJ because it was an APC state even if it was in the same zone He came from and edo voted massively for him in 2011.
that is in contrast with his change slogan. You can't be shouting change and wants to do like the ones before you. The change he's chanting will be a scam if he can't put the past behind him
Re: Buhari To Name Journalist, Tolu Ogunlesi, SA New Media by Nobody: 6:24pm On Jul 16, 2015
Congrats Mr. Tolu, I wish you all the best man....
Re: Buhari To Name Journalist, Tolu Ogunlesi, SA New Media by Nobody: 6:26pm On Jul 16, 2015
feedthenation:
If Barcanista had stayed with the APC, maybe, just maybe he will have gotten the position of SA New Media.

Don't worry 2019 is just around the corner, Barcanista, your time will surely come.
Bros, I never lobbied for position at anyt time. I'm still in my forming stage and when the time comes you will know.
Re: Buhari To Name Journalist, Tolu Ogunlesi, SA New Media by Nobody: 6:28pm On Jul 16, 2015
OrlandoOwoh:

Just as Jonathan had Abati, Okupe and Omokiri?

Then where is the change u f.oool
Re: Buhari To Name Journalist, Tolu Ogunlesi, SA New Media by Jarus(m): 6:29pm On Jul 16, 2015
Mynd44:

Sorry to counter you but my guys say there is no office of new media anymore as it has been scrapped. This news originated from BreakingTimes.

You didnt counter me.

Premium Times reported it.
Re: Buhari To Name Journalist, Tolu Ogunlesi, SA New Media by Nobody: 6:30pm On Jul 16, 2015
timawoku:
baba barcanista!

I know you are open to criticism, don't get me wrong, I appreciate your analysis a lot!

Am not necessarily talking about getting a political appointment or job But devoid yourself of sentiments, then relevance will seek you!
bros, Thanks for the advice. I don't think it is fair to say that I'm sentimental
Re: Buhari To Name Journalist, Tolu Ogunlesi, SA New Media by Oduduwaboy(m): 6:30pm On Jul 16, 2015
huangcheng:
Chai!! The only post befitting of our Yoruba brothers is media spokesperson. This is an insult to the entire Yoruba tribe who were the brain behind the re-branding of a tyrant General Buhari.

I weep for Tinubu.
Weep for yourself !
Re: Buhari To Name Journalist, Tolu Ogunlesi, SA New Media by Nobody: 6:30pm On Jul 16, 2015
ikaboy:
Nice one, I remember working with him in Visafone Comm then. Bad news for the anti buhari e-warriors- (barcanis.. and co)

Barcanista would have gotten this role, if on the other side. Bro don't be deterred.

life's more than what you studied in school
 try following what you are passionate about
 and stay on it... this is what usually happens

Congrats to Tolu, the Pharmacist turned writer.
Uncle I never lobied ooooooo
Re: Buhari To Name Journalist, Tolu Ogunlesi, SA New Media by Mynd44: 6:32pm On Jul 16, 2015
Jarus:

You didnt counter me.

It was first reported by BreakingTimes.
Re: Buhari To Name Journalist, Tolu Ogunlesi, SA New Media by phyllosilicate(m): 6:33pm On Jul 16, 2015
1bunne4lif:
that is in contrast with his change slogan. You can't be shouting change and wants to do like the ones before you. The change he's chanting will be a scam if he can't put the past behind him
Bros I understand your point, politics is not an emotional game. He can only work with people that believed in the change before he was elected. When Gej preached transformation, why did he sideline APC state? Doesn't change and transformation mean the same thing?
Re: Buhari To Name Journalist, Tolu Ogunlesi, SA New Media by PassingShot(m): 6:34pm On Jul 16, 2015
timawoku:
If you are a media political enthusiast and you don't know tolu ogunlesi then you are not complete. Barcanista really needs to learn one or 2 things from these, I have a word for online political analyst. 'always seek relevance to stay relevant'.
The protection seeker is not a serious boy nah. He believes in the crumbs he can get "now now" than building a serious brand for himself.

Btw, he is pushing for Biafra already. Maybe when that becomes successful, he will be made an SA to Nnamdi Kanu. grin cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Buhari To Name Journalist, Tolu Ogunlesi, SA New Media by 1bunne4lif(m): 6:39pm On Jul 16, 2015
phyllosilicate:
Bros I understand your point, politics is not an emotional game. He can only work with people that believed in the change before he was elected. When Gej preached transformation, why did he sideline APC state? Doesn't change and transformation mean the same thing?
Must he act like goodluck? Now i believe APC AND PDP ARE THE SAME PERIOD
Re: Buhari To Name Journalist, Tolu Ogunlesi, SA New Media by Kazrem(m): 6:42pm On Jul 16, 2015
Jarus:
Great. Tolu is a great guy. I have had cause to interact with him. He's probably the most brilliant under-35 columnist in Nigeria, in my opinion.

Confession: I lobbied for this position. I talked to Femi Adesina, a senior friend on a first name level, that I won't mind handling their Social Media for them when I realised Garba Shehu and Femi were not so social media savvy. I still have records of our conversation.

I have a feeling a feeling my name was among the suggested names for this position, but Tolu will beat anybody. Tolu is a great guy that has the mien , temperament and knowledge to handle the job better. His level-headedness is another bonus. Tolu doesnt come across as someone that will play a Wendel Simlin. He has a name to protect as a CNN award winning journalist.

I wish him all the best. He is the best man for the job.
Eyaah. We will get there In Sha Allah.
Re: Buhari To Name Journalist, Tolu Ogunlesi, SA New Media by DTaj: 6:43pm On Jul 16, 2015
huangcheng:
Chai!! The only post befitting of our Yoruba brothers is media spokesperson. This is an insult to the entire Yoruba tribe who were the brain behind the re-branding of a tyrant General Buhari.

I weep for Tinubu.

You are mad. Raving mad!!! So, one of the new service chiefs, Chief of Defence Staff from Ekiti state that Buhari had just appointed is not Yoruba?

You TANoids, SaTANists, and Jonathanian dumb-ass fools are so pathetic!
Re: Buhari To Name Journalist, Tolu Ogunlesi, SA New Media by Mynd44: 6:47pm On Jul 16, 2015
Jarus:

You didnt counter me.

Check Tolu's tweets.

Re: Buhari To Name Journalist, Tolu Ogunlesi, SA New Media by ICONgold(m): 6:52pm On Jul 16, 2015
huangcheng:

I weep for Tinubu.

So tell me the new Chief of Defence Staff is also Hausa abi? Last I remember the cabinet has not even been constituted. Bros get a job, it will help you.
Re: Buhari To Name Journalist, Tolu Ogunlesi, SA New Media by sherif4owo(m): 6:53pm On Jul 16, 2015
RichDad1:
But this Dude should at least Comb his hair nau? sad sad sad sad sad sad

no time to check time talk less of "comb his hair"

grin
RichDad1:
But this Dude should at least Comb his hair nau? sad sad sad sad sad sad

no time to check time talk less of "comb his hair"

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Colourful Photos As Atiku Abubakar Flags-off Presidential Campaign In Uyo / Why We Called Off Election Boycott- IPOB / Policewoman Carries Ebelechukwu Obiano's Bag, Nigerians React (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.