Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,661 members, 7,813,226 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 08:56 AM

Stock Market Investors Lose 1.032trn Due To Buhari's Slowness - Investment (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Stock Market Investors Lose 1.032trn Due To Buhari's Slowness (24973 Views)

Nigerian Stock Market Investors Gain N175b / Jpmorgan: Investors Lose N311bn In 24 Hours / Delayed Cabinet: Stock Market Investors Lose N238bn (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Stock Market Investors Lose 1.032trn Due To Buhari's Slowness by Emekamex(m): 3:31pm On Jul 20, 2015
TooNoisy:
Mumu OP,

The stock market is going down simply because of the devaluation of the naira. Foreign investors are now existing the market due to the depreciating naira and that is what is causing the downturn in the stock market.

Naira devaluation was caused by GEJ and started during GEJ's time. It's only going to get worse because they stole part of our foreign reserves we had and spent it on elections. Stop the cheap blackmail
-> The major reason for the devaluation is due to the fall in crude oil price which is directly related to our foreign reserves.
->Blaming only GEJ wont be fair on him; the blame should be on all past leaders(Buhari included) who failed to diversify our economy when they had the chance to.
->This is the more reason that Buhari needs to quickly come up with a strong economic plan; there is no time here.
->The more we delay, the more we lose out.

4 Likes

Re: Stock Market Investors Lose 1.032trn Due To Buhari's Slowness by ichidodo: 3:31pm On Jul 20, 2015
Is it a wonder he's a slow inept leader who enjoys the euphoria of being head of state albeit doing nothing but ensurin his almajiri hordes get the national wealth redistributed in unsustainable welfare schemes at the detriment of a free falling economy in the wake of fleeing foreign investors?Gullible electorates have just voted an illiterate..

1 Like

Re: Stock Market Investors Lose 1.032trn Due To Buhari's Slowness by discusant: 3:31pm On Jul 20, 2015
Stock market talk? Talk of Economic growth? Who is bringing these issues to APC and its people? Who in the leadership circle of APC can anyone point to as educated enough to grasp the matters of economic growth and policy direction? Tinubu Toronto certificate? Buhari certificateless? Atiku without known university education attendance? Oshiomwhole the Labour man? Who?

Oyibo global economic monitors told us that Jonathan and his team had made Nigeria overtake South Africa and became Africa's fastest growing economy.
But Nigeria's media controlled by the SW said Oyibo told lies, because SW and its media wanted Jonathan, Iwealla, Madueke, and Anyim sacked from Aso Rock.

Journalism is usually a trade taken to by people who do not want to sweat or dirty their fingers to earn a living.

2 Likes

Re: Stock Market Investors Lose 1.032trn Due To Buhari's Slowness by Ayietim(m): 3:32pm On Jul 20, 2015
You can make that love work, that marriage can endure and you can enjoy a long lasting love but remember, marriage is for grown ups.

https://ayietim./2015/07/20/dont-give-up-marriage-is-for-grown-ups/
Re: Stock Market Investors Lose 1.032trn Due To Buhari's Slowness by Nobody: 3:33pm On Jul 20, 2015
Firefire:

Super-clueless is now in-charge...

Okay na.

I propounded an hypothesis that no present democratic government in Nigeria will be better than the previous one (I.e. the one before it). So far I ve not been proven wrong. Maybe it will become a theorem thereafter a law

4 Likes

Re: Stock Market Investors Lose 1.032trn Due To Buhari's Slowness by steveturner24(m): 3:33pm On Jul 20, 2015
During Lose, you look for who to cast the blame on. NSE should do their work properly.[s]
Emekamex:

->[s][/s]Stock Market(Investments) is very pivotal to a nation's development.
->This is about Nigeria, not just Buhari; so stop defending someone who's action is putting the country at risk.
->We need all the investments we can get now, since the price of crude oil(our major source of income) has fallen drastically and there is no hope of it rising in the foreseeable future[/s].
Re: Stock Market Investors Lose 1.032trn Due To Buhari's Slowness by merry02(m): 3:34pm On Jul 20, 2015
Nelbless:

it's almost 60 days in the apex office in Nigeria, less than two months and it will be 100days.

what are you talking about. with all the bogus promise......I look at the north east and I weep. killings everywhere... blood bath in the places if worship, road and now market.

what of our economy..... I am not a Jonathan fan.... but with the way this government seems to be handling the state of the country..... I fear for Nigeria... I'm praying earnestly for Him to succeed for if he doesn't.... APC RADICALS, PDP FAITHFULS, SDP ETC will all feel the scourge of horror and famine.

GOD BLESS #NIGERIA
lol.....pls give baba time oooooooo grin
Re: Stock Market Investors Lose 1.032trn Due To Buhari's Slowness by Nobody: 3:35pm On Jul 20, 2015
TooNoisy:
Mumu OP,

The stock market is going down simply because of the devaluation of the naira. Foreign investors are now existing the market due to the depreciating naira and that is what is causing the downturn in the stock market.

Naira devaluation was caused by GEJ and started during GEJ's time. It's only going to get worse because they stole part of our foreign reserves we had and spent it on elections. Stop the cheap blackmail

Na the OP be mumu? You read the post at all or u just rushed to comment. The open only copied a report from vanguard newspapers. How is that mumu?
Re: Stock Market Investors Lose 1.032trn Due To Buhari's Slowness by abouzaid: 3:36pm On Jul 20, 2015
vfactor:

So in other words, one clueless was substituted for another?
i think we substituted a clueless government supported by a finance minister who knows what she is doing for a useless sole administrator who is completely cut off from reality.

3 Likes

Re: Stock Market Investors Lose 1.032trn Due To Buhari's Slowness by atlwireles: 3:36pm On Jul 20, 2015
jinxet2000:
Please next time don't forget to also write long epistles for the good works.
Did not bother to read your letter abi na epistles. Go to Lekki, VGC, banana island, your mates are building to scatter, in fact, go to villages, boys are mecassi everywhere, you are here calculating the stock market when people are taking their money from stock market and investing in real estate where they can see it. if you like, carry your money dey hip for stock market.

Your comment is correctly in support of the op. People are leaving the market, because they see no progress in the future. Remember the equity market direction is an indication of the economy's performance in months and years to come. It is the canary in the coal mine.
Re: Stock Market Investors Lose 1.032trn Due To Buhari's Slowness by TooNoisy(f): 3:36pm On Jul 20, 2015
Emekamex:

-> The major reason for the devaluation is due to the fall in crude oil price which is directly related to our foreign reserves.
->Blaming only GEJ wont be fair on him; the blame should be on all past leaders(Buhari included) who failed to diversify our economy when they had the chance to.
->This is the more reason that Buhari needs to quickly come up with a strong economic plan; there is no time here.
->The more we delay, the more we lose out.

My point is that this is not Buhari's fault. Jonathan was president for 5 years at a time when Oil prices was between $80 - $105, what did he do with all the money. GEJ met $45 billion in Excess Crude Oil Account and $67 billion in Foreign Reserves. Now Excess Crude Account is $2 billion and Foreign Reserves is just about $32 billion. Did the write up show how GEJ spent all the money he met there including all the money Nigeria made?

Then you castigate Buhari for being slow. Slow to do what?

2 Likes

Re: Stock Market Investors Lose 1.032trn Due To Buhari's Slowness by onatisi(m): 3:37pm On Jul 20, 2015
Vig86:

What is this one saying for goodness sake? Is that why Mr president want to be the minister of everything including the coordinating minister of the economy for the whole month?
ignore that one ,he has a cow brain .
Re: Stock Market Investors Lose 1.032trn Due To Buhari's Slowness by imsuboi(m): 3:38pm On Jul 20, 2015
Beremx:
you dey mind dem? stock market still dey reign?

mtscheeew!

Illiterate village champion! grin grin

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Stock Market Investors Lose 1.032trn Due To Buhari's Slowness by NgwaManNaija4LF(m): 3:38pm On Jul 20, 2015
I like mr president,but I think if he can't take the heat, he should not go close to the fuccking kitchen.
Re: Stock Market Investors Lose 1.032trn Due To Buhari's Slowness by Nobody: 3:40pm On Jul 20, 2015
omojoshy:
It's damn too EARLY condemning Buhari. Biko!

We can appraise this Government after 4 months Socially, Politically and Economically

You guys should shill a little please. Rome was not built in a day......

For the first time in history of Nigeria, 33 Ministerial nominees scored F9, only 3 passed screenings. Reason Buhari had refused sending all their names to the Senate for confirmation. Can this happen under GEJ or OBJ regime?

The Naira will bounce back, we should be patience a little, just a little.....thanks!

U are very blind to wat Is already happening. Buhari wants to lead as a sole military dictator. Why should he dismiss 33 ministerial aspirants Who is he Is he clean Is he the only saint in nigeria

Its time u pipo should start thinking.

2 Likes

Re: Stock Market Investors Lose 1.032trn Due To Buhari's Slowness by queenzibah(f): 3:40pm On Jul 20, 2015
pretydiva:
So na buhari na cause am now undecided..looking 4 who 2 blame.dem nor well at all
no na ma papa cos am , if I slap u now ur teeth go comot
Re: Stock Market Investors Lose 1.032trn Due To Buhari's Slowness by queenzibah(f): 3:44pm On Jul 20, 2015
Beremx:
you dey mind dem? stock market still dey reign?

mtscheeew!
chaiii illiteracy no good na

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Stock Market Investors Lose 1.032trn Due To Buhari's Slowness by kodded(m): 3:49pm On Jul 20, 2015
TooNoisy:

My point is that this is not Buhari's fault. Jonathan was president for 5 years at a time when Oil prices was between $80 - $105, what did he do with all the money. GEJ met $45 billion in Excess Crude Oil Account and $67 billion in Foreign Reserves. Now Excess Crude Account is $2 billion and Foreign Reserves is just about $32 billion. Did the write up show how GEJ spent all the money he met there including all the money Nigeria made?

Then you castigate Buhari for being slow. Slow to do what?
oboy ameachi and other governors forced GEJ to share the money from the ECA

1 Like

Re: Stock Market Investors Lose 1.032trn Due To Buhari's Slowness by Nobody: 3:51pm On Jul 20, 2015
Dictatorship still in d blood in motion of snail

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Stock Market Investors Lose 1.032trn Due To Buhari's Slowness by jwils(m): 3:51pm On Jul 20, 2015
jamilkb:
Wail
look for another word to be familiar with please, you are now familiar with this one now.... Abi still waiting to hear another
Re: Stock Market Investors Lose 1.032trn Due To Buhari's Slowness by Dbboy(m): 3:51pm On Jul 20, 2015
Doskit:
Its too early to say that if you ask me!

You don't know what you are saying money market wait for no one and especially not the slow, am even affected by this mans slow pace.

1 Like

Re: Stock Market Investors Lose 1.032trn Due To Buhari's Slowness by lagdmark(m): 3:54pm On Jul 20, 2015
The slow, slower, and slowest maalam buhari as president is a disaster for Nigeria's economy
Re: Stock Market Investors Lose 1.032trn Due To Buhari's Slowness by Intendy: 3:54pm On Jul 20, 2015

1 Like

Re: Stock Market Investors Lose 1.032trn Due To Buhari's Slowness by MKO4ever(m): 3:55pm On Jul 20, 2015
CR77:
No way the ldiot is busy taking pictures up and down. cool
This man is older than your wretched father. Fool

1 Like

Re: Stock Market Investors Lose 1.032trn Due To Buhari's Slowness by abouzaid: 3:56pm On Jul 20, 2015
when last did we hear sai buhari on nairaland? e don de clear dem for eyes. all of us go hear nwii for this chanji

1 Like

Re: Stock Market Investors Lose 1.032trn Due To Buhari's Slowness by Doskit(m): 3:56pm On Jul 20, 2015
shikaan:
from where do you two reason? under ur leg?
so given this very sad news, ur advise to the minister of tourism president of Nigeria will be what
its so surprising that some of the so called intellectuals on NL are just empty headed.
Re: Stock Market Investors Lose 1.032trn Due To Buhari's Slowness by Nobody: 3:58pm On Jul 20, 2015
chuna1985:

U are very blind to wat Is already happening. Buhari wants to lead as a sole military dictator. Why should he dismiss 33 ministerial aspirants Who is he Is he clean Is he the only saint in nigeria

Its time u pipo should start thinking.
My guy calm down. Buhari wasn't the DSS or the Police that carried out the screenings. Is it Buhari's duty to screen people? We should STOP sentiments here, and hit the nail appropriately.

Over the years, nobody cared about screenings. Even at the Senate, and ministerial nominees.. All they do is take a 'Bow' and leave..

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Stock Market Investors Lose 1.032trn Due To Buhari's Slowness by abouzaid: 3:59pm On Jul 20, 2015
Intendy:

just felt I should reply this post to correct lope sided thinkers.
My only question 4 now is what caused the nigeris market to loose over 2 trillion naira btw July 2014 and December 12 2014?
Buhari abi
can we have a proof? and your talking a period of 6 months.
Re: Stock Market Investors Lose 1.032trn Due To Buhari's Slowness by Nobody: 3:59pm On Jul 20, 2015
To all the Janjaweedians and APC e-rats here on Nairaland: MAY GOD RUN YOUR LIFE THE WAY DULLAPO IS RUNNING THE AFFAIRS OF THIS COUNTRY!

If you are really convinced that buhari is doing well, can i get an AMEN

1 Like

Re: Stock Market Investors Lose 1.032trn Due To Buhari's Slowness by just2simple: 3:59pm On Jul 20, 2015
snail is far more beta than PMB.
Re: Stock Market Investors Lose 1.032trn Due To Buhari's Slowness by Intendy: 4:01pm On Jul 20, 2015
MKO4ever:
This man is older than your wretched father. Fool
not just older but better than his father
Re: Stock Market Investors Lose 1.032trn Due To Buhari's Slowness by Intendy: 4:02pm On Jul 20, 2015
abouzaid:
can we have a proof? and your talking a period of 6 months.
I have attached links of even 2 months

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

How To Earn Passive Income With Questra / Why Nigeria Is A Global Leader In Bitcoin Trade / Which Bank Has The Best Rate For Fixed Deposit Account?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.