Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,626 members, 7,813,058 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 06:02 AM

Stock Market Investors Lose 1.032trn Due To Buhari's Slowness - Investment (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Stock Market Investors Lose 1.032trn Due To Buhari's Slowness (24972 Views)

Nigerian Stock Market Investors Gain N175b / Jpmorgan: Investors Lose N311bn In 24 Hours / Delayed Cabinet: Stock Market Investors Lose N238bn (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Stock Market Investors Lose 1.032trn Due To Buhari's Slowness by TooNoisy(f): 4:02pm On Jul 20, 2015
kodded:
oboy ameachi and other governors forced GEJ to share the money from the ECA

I am a lady thanks but your excuse is very lame. You mention Amaechi who was a sworn enemy of the president forcing him to share money. If any Governor could convince the President it certainly wasn't Amaechi who was always at war with the president. You could have mentioned another name but your excuse is still lame!

2 Likes

Re: Stock Market Investors Lose 1.032trn Due To Buhari's Slowness by just2simple: 4:03pm On Jul 20, 2015
snail is far more beta than PMB. undecidedsnail is far more beta than PMB.
Re: Stock Market Investors Lose 1.032trn Due To Buhari's Slowness by chidinwachukwu(m): 4:08pm On Jul 20, 2015
That's why it's sweet and easy criticizing a government when outside the circle.But Buhari did not only criticize Goodluck when he was outside,but he also shouted how he is going to Correct his purported failure,e.g(1) I. Will stabilize the international oil price(2) I will make 1naira equal to 1dollar(3) I will give out 6000jobs(4) I will stamp out corruption,(5) I will make Agriculture the main Revenue. For government(6) I will pay all unemployed youth 5000naira per month(7) I. Will stamp out Boko Haram in one week, Etc. After 2months getting to third month, their is no Single policy on ground,not to talk of the fruit of that policy.But the South Westerners told us that this Man is a Magician,and that we the South Easterners are Mayopic.But now which Region is Mayopic?

2 Likes

Re: Stock Market Investors Lose 1.032trn Due To Buhari's Slowness by Hero10001: 4:09pm On Jul 20, 2015
Buhari isn't that slow, he's just using delay tactics to milk us dry for three months.
After dem chop bellefull, dem go start working.
Re: Stock Market Investors Lose 1.032trn Due To Buhari's Slowness by misspicy(f): 4:10pm On Jul 20, 2015
Baba go slow wan wreck our economy

In other news
Please kindly ignore any rumor about the Central Bank of Nigeria(CBN) using my picture on the new #2000 Naira note to be introduced...Yes, truly The Government approached me but I rejected the offer for
security reasons...

I no dey proud ni
Re: Stock Market Investors Lose 1.032trn Due To Buhari's Slowness by MKO4ever(m): 4:11pm On Jul 20, 2015
onatisi:
u ppl should stop thinking like this ,it is annoying , noone is asking him to perform magic or miracles and u claimed he needs time to carry out his plans , the question the nations economic players are asking is what are his plans ? We are talking about 160million ppl here and not just 200 cows . For the past 50days ,this nation has been on auto pilot ,no policy direction,even cbn is confused .don't worry by the time dollar hits 300naira you will understand what we are talking about
Let dollar hits N300 nothing spoil, if that is the true price of naira as determined by market forces then Nigeria will be better off instead of deceiving ourselves in trying to fight for naira at all costs

1 Like

Re: Stock Market Investors Lose 1.032trn Due To Buhari's Slowness by damyzino(m): 4:13pm On Jul 20, 2015
CR77:
Buhari minister of TOURISM aka Paparazzi president of NO direction
this is pdp blackmail ....abeg weytin concern private sector with goverment angry
CR77:
Buhari minister of TOURISM aka Paparazzi president of NO direction
this is pdp blackmail ...
Re: Stock Market Investors Lose 1.032trn Due To Buhari's Slowness by discusant: 4:15pm On Jul 20, 2015
Since Baba became President, has Naira appreciated in value? No.

Since Baba became President, has there been new Western investors in Nigeria? No.

Since Baba became President, have tourists been streaming in to Nigeria? No.

Yes is that since Baba became President, terrorism has heightened, but Western media hardly report on the terrorists activities.

Hardly are Chibok girls mentioned in the Western media since Baba became President.

Truth is that some core Western leaders have gotten a Nigerian president they can ask to sign, and he signs, even without looking at the topic.

Worse Economic hardship is starring Nigerians on the face, but Buhari and supporters do not know.

1 Like

Re: Stock Market Investors Lose 1.032trn Due To Buhari's Slowness by Exyprince: 4:16pm On Jul 20, 2015
PMB does not know the meaning of stock market investment loss. do u believe me?
Re: Stock Market Investors Lose 1.032trn Due To Buhari's Slowness by gregg2: 4:22pm On Jul 20, 2015
That man has got nothing in his head to offer this country
Re: Stock Market Investors Lose 1.032trn Due To Buhari's Slowness by masseratti: 4:23pm On Jul 20, 2015
Just two months and you guys are crying? Smh,the stock market is just a big fraud nothing else,those Guys can always blame everything on anything and anyone once they are doing badly,foreign Investments is not the key to economical development, no foreigners developed the US economy not British, Japan or China,Foreign investors only go where they can maximise profit not necessarily develop an economy,the stock market should be what it is where you buy stocks,shares and trade,it does not indicate our economy profile.

1 Like

Re: Stock Market Investors Lose 1.032trn Due To Buhari's Slowness by urchmanx(m): 4:24pm On Jul 20, 2015
After reading some comments here. I am surprised at how Nigerians think. Especially the so called educated ones. Fiscal police is needed to drive an economy. Every nation needs DFI ( Direct foreign investment ) to move forward. you dream of growing and becoming a strong nation like China and yet u think its be being e warrior.
Like someone said here. The money lost may not be recovered in three to ten years time.
I understand some people never know the value of money markets, all the know is oil money and government payout. But didn't forget that majority of the work force in Nigeria is provided by private enterprise. Whom do you think owns those company? This government lacks policy direction and it's affecting millions of Nigerians. I personally have been affected because the DFI I have been working for years to bring to Nigeria is currently heading to Ghana. Why do you think so. As for me and my works. I am still getting my pay but wouldn't you have imagined it coming to Nigeria and providing jobs for the local. Investors read, analysis politics and they never wants to loss their investments. This is not a kitchen government. You didn't move on your pace you move with the flow especially when it comes to matter of economy. No one is waiting for you. A case study Brazil.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Stock Market Investors Lose 1.032trn Due To Buhari's Slowness by ajepako(f): 4:24pm On Jul 20, 2015
merry02:
Pls give baba time!

Why wont you give our ancestor more time?

When your account balance is thesame as JAMB score..

Bedwetter... grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Stock Market Investors Lose 1.032trn Due To Buhari's Slowness by abouzaid: 4:24pm On Jul 20, 2015
MKO4ever:

Let dollar hits N300 nothing spoil, if that is the true price of naira as determined by market forces then Nigeria will be better off instead of deceiving ourselves in trying to fight for naira at all costs
buhari is supposed to have an economic team to manage the economy not for him to be a sole administrator besides, if dollar hits#300 and above the resultant inflation will give rise to an economic shock that might leave Nigeria at almost the same economic level with the likes Chad, Niger and Mali in terms of poverty rate. if we can not manage our economy now, what would be our faith when Iranian oil hits the world market?
Re: Stock Market Investors Lose 1.032trn Due To Buhari's Slowness by Nobody: 4:28pm On Jul 20, 2015
The dullard is busy opening his smelling teeth around the world while the nation economy is slowing down. angry lipsrsealed cry cry cry
Re: Stock Market Investors Lose 1.032trn Due To Buhari's Slowness by Nobody: 4:29pm On Jul 20, 2015
omojoshy:

My guy calm down. Buhari wasn't the DSS or the Police that carried out the screenings. Is it Buhari's duty to screen people? We should STOP sentiments here, and hit the nail appropriately.

Over the years, nobody cared about screenings. Even at the Senate, and ministerial nominees.. All they do is take a 'Bow' and leave..

Police n DSS don't have any business with ministerial screening.
Re: Stock Market Investors Lose 1.032trn Due To Buhari's Slowness by kgr8mike(m): 4:29pm On Jul 20, 2015
merry02:
Pls give baba time!

You are not an investor. That's why.

1 Like

Re: Stock Market Investors Lose 1.032trn Due To Buhari's Slowness by M4gunners: 4:30pm On Jul 20, 2015
Change they all wanted, change they got. Kai baba kukuma handover to Osinbajo na eh?He seems more focus than you.
Re: Stock Market Investors Lose 1.032trn Due To Buhari's Slowness by PStacks(m): 4:30pm On Jul 20, 2015
If they like let them lose 100 trillion. Nobody would rush my president into hasty decisions.

The man should take his time and do what he likes when he dims fit
Re: Stock Market Investors Lose 1.032trn Due To Buhari's Slowness by urchmanx(m): 4:32pm On Jul 20, 2015
masseratti:
Just two months and you guys are crying? Smh,the stock market is just a big fraud nothing else,those Guys can always blame everything on anything and anyone once they are doing badly,foreign Investments is not the key to economical development, no foreigners developed the US economy now British, Japan or China,Foreign investors only go where they can maximise profit not necessarily develop an economy,the stock market should be what it is where you buy stocks,shares and trade,it does not indicate our economy profile.
I understand that you do not know what you are talking about. Do you know that currently DFI in united state alone is around 70%. China is going close to 90% I didn't want to talk about UK and the Middle East. What do you think drives the economy. Once the government gives enabling environment DFI increases and their is growth. If DFI is not what brings growth why is your government begging for it. There is no first world country that was not built on foreign investment.
China you mentioned. Have you been to China before. All the investments there are owned by foreigners for economic reason. If they should pull out of there do you know what happens to Chinese economy.

3 Likes

Re: Stock Market Investors Lose 1.032trn Due To Buhari's Slowness by ajepako(f): 4:32pm On Jul 20, 2015
pedel:
Politically motivated junk.
If they lost money I can only say sorry.
PMB need time to plan and implement his plans.
I am not expecting him to continue on some of the templates left by PDP. Some of the federal Ministries must be scrapped and merged. Don't forget we voted for change and that is exactly what we are getting.
Anyone not interested can relocate to Lome. You don't need visa.

;
How nice of you to talk about trillion belonging to unlucky investors..

I no blame you , when your account balance na JAMB score.. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin[color=#006600][/color]
Re: Stock Market Investors Lose 1.032trn Due To Buhari's Slowness by Youngzedd(m): 4:34pm On Jul 20, 2015
Even those that doesn't understand NSE are here shouting.

Walk out of thread.

1 Like

Re: Stock Market Investors Lose 1.032trn Due To Buhari's Slowness by ajepako(f): 4:36pm On Jul 20, 2015
vfactor:

So in other words, one clueless was substituted for another?

No dude..

Brainless was substituted for clueless

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Stock Market Investors Lose 1.032trn Due To Buhari's Slowness by Reference(m): 4:38pm On Jul 20, 2015
His anti-corruption stand is now an albatross around his neck. Where do you find ranking members of the APC or amongst the so called league of technocrats without one issue or the other, the opposition is just waiting to report on. Unfortunately the typical investor from China, Brazil or Iceland is not going to keep his cash on the floor waiting for months for you to sort out. He has to make money for himself and his clients and is certainly not bound by the 'Osun' sentiments of work without pay. He will just find somewhere else to place his goods for sale. If Buhari thinks corruption is the one and only problem besetting Nigeria, both he and us are in for it. He certainly has not learnt much from his 80's misadventure.
Re: Stock Market Investors Lose 1.032trn Due To Buhari's Slowness by ajepako(f): 4:39pm On Jul 20, 2015
abouzaid:
when last did we hear sai buhari on nairaland? e don de clear dem for eyes. all of us go hear nwii for this chanji

So you noticed too? grin grin grin grin
Re: Stock Market Investors Lose 1.032trn Due To Buhari's Slowness by masseratti: 4:40pm On Jul 20, 2015
urchmanx:

I understand that you do not know what you are talking about. Do you know that currently DFI in united state alone is around 70%. China is going close to 90% I didn't want to talk about UK and the Middle East. What do you think drives the economy. Once the government gives enabling environment DFI increases and their is growth. If DFI is not what brings growth why is your government begging for it. There is no first world country that was not built on foreign investment.
China you mentioned. Have you been to China before. All the investments there are owned by foreigners for economic reason. If they should pull out of there do you know what happens to Chinese economy.
eeeh Oga stop there...and yes av being to China before...you talk about DFIs like they come from Mars or Venus,what the percentage of DFIs compare to the GNI of America not to talk of the GDP?The Chinese economy was closed till mid 80s when western firms start rushing there because of cheap labour, Japan closed it's economy for most part of the 19th century that didn't stop it from being industrialised, Oga don't go there cos am in a happy mood now,trust me when I tell you you are better off playing lotto than wasting your money on the stock exchange, its a fraud and am not talking about just NSE,even the NYSE they are all fraud, paper speculation on current and future performance of a company.
Re: Stock Market Investors Lose 1.032trn Due To Buhari's Slowness by udemzyudex(m): 4:40pm On Jul 20, 2015
merry02:
Pls give baba time!
na so you go talk till this year end undecided
Re: Stock Market Investors Lose 1.032trn Due To Buhari's Slowness by charleff512(m): 4:42pm On Jul 20, 2015
[quote author=Firefire post=36084735]The summary bellow:

“The recent decline of the Nigerian stock market is due to several factors. First is the increase of political risks due to infighting within the ruling party at Federal level”.

“What is affecting the market is the governance of the economy. The foreign investors are complaining of no policy direction of the government as none of them would want to invest in such an economy”.

According to Afrinvest, “The financial market (equities and fixed income)”, according to them[color=#990000], “ (Nigeria) is in dare need of a clear cut policy direction and stability. A lot of foreign investors appear to have taken to their heels leaving only the bandwagon local investors, who also have no clue of the impact of future monetary policy on their investment position in the scene.”

i see an intelligent explanation of why Buhari has dampened expectations of Nigerians by being slow to act in the direction of governance.
Wetin permanent secretary want go follow investors discuss.
#APPOINTMINISTERSNOW

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Stock Market Investors Lose 1.032trn Due To Buhari's Slowness by ajepako(f): 4:43pm On Jul 20, 2015
misspicy:
Baba go slow wan wreck our economy

In other news
Please kindly ignore any rumor about the Central Bank of Nigeria(CBN) using my picture on the new #2000 Naira note to be introduced...Yes, truly The Government approached me but I rejected the offer for
security reasons...

I no dey proud ni

Click 20 likes if you think this bed-wetter deserves a slap.. grin grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Stock Market Investors Lose 1.032trn Due To Buhari's Slowness by philips70(m): 4:44pm On Jul 20, 2015
Anybody who wants to listen to unbiased report about our stock market and the effects of the government of the day on it should be listening to Bismarck Rewane on Channels TV market capitalization broadcast. Nairaland economic experts and advisers will only tell you the one that favours their political parties while some continue to live in the distant past of one man called Goodluck Jonathan who ran Nigerian ship aground. Take my advice, wail from here till Jamaica and Ethiopia GEJ will never come back to Aso Rock.

1 Like

Re: Stock Market Investors Lose 1.032trn Due To Buhari's Slowness by onatisi(m): 4:46pm On Jul 20, 2015
MKO4ever:

have u thought about the multiplier effect it will have on the economy and ppl? Or do u think if dollar sells for 300naira, a liter of fuel will be sold at 100naira ? Hell no,it will likely jump to 200naira per liter,what about the effect on industries ,layoffs and sackings ?or u think buhari and rochas will increase workers salaries ? Most of u apc supporters and buhari seem not to understand what many ppl are warning about ,our nation and economy is in a dire situation and this isn't the time for our president to be taking selfies with cows and his first son.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Stock Market Investors Lose 1.032trn Due To Buhari's Slowness by henrimoto(m): 4:47pm On Jul 20, 2015
EMMYB0Y:
the problem is ... APC did not
train buhari to rule this country. ..
They trained him to fight against
PDP and JONATHAN. ... God
shows he is against them and
exposes their yarnse when he
allow JONATHAN to willingly
handover to buhari. .... well all I
know is Jonathan's government is
not as bad as this one ... Jonathan is clueless
but Buhari has no idea at all. .. so
which one is better. ..CLUELESS or
IDEALESS president. ..... CHAII IT'S
GOOD TO GO SCHOOL Oh
buhari be like. ..... slow down Nigeria let me consult the Oracles (OBAMA and TINUBU)
@ Emmyboy. You've really spoken like a boy. Weldone.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Why Nigeria Is A Global Leader In Bitcoin Trade / How To Earn Passive Income With Questra / Which Bank Has The Best Rate For Fixed Deposit Account?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.