Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,932 members, 7,835,111 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 04:42 AM

On Arabic Inscription On Nigerian Army Logo - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / On Arabic Inscription On Nigerian Army Logo (11366 Views)

Why Is There An Arabic Inscription On The Logo Of The Nigerian Army / Whats The Arabic Inscription On Our Army's Logo?? PHOTO / Meaning Of The Arabic Word On Nigerian Army Logo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: On Arabic Inscription On Nigerian Army Logo by 9jii(m): 4:20pm On Jul 20, 2015
koife:
I have never been this critical about our armed forces logo not until I my attention was drawn to it by my colleague who is studying material science and explosive with me in NDA at PG level. At first I was like, its not possible but on a closer look, I couldn't believe what my eyes saw. My opinion is that that inscription should be removed...Nigeria isn't an Arabic nation, I doubt if most men and officers of NA know what such inscription means.
What do you make of this....what's your opinion?
Pls be objective!
Go n die

1 Like 1 Share

Re: On Arabic Inscription On Nigerian Army Logo by Ahmed4002(m): 4:20pm On Jul 20, 2015
grin
only if you know the meaning. its just an inscription.
Make I translate for you so that zaka yi keep quiet op.
Re: On Arabic Inscription On Nigerian Army Logo by Nobody: 4:22pm On Jul 20, 2015
jstbeinhonest:
I can remeber it was also on our national currency b4 i was removed sm yrs ago.
Though i understand majority of our soldiers are notherners,i still think it should be removed so has nt to increase d already huge religious mistrust.
That said,i dnt think there is any need 2 panic.
Besyds,islam is not d same as arabic.
Ptui! You hypocrite! F**K you and you Islamic religion! They should immediately remove the Arabic writing. What nonsense is that?

1 Like

Re: On Arabic Inscription On Nigerian Army Logo by Nobody: 4:22pm On Jul 20, 2015
At inception it was called the West African
Frontiers Forces, Royal Nigerian Military until
it later became the Nigerian Army. Military
sources disclosed that while the evolution in
nomenclature was going on, the core essence
of what became the Nigerian Army actually
evolved from the Northern Local Army

1 Like

Ahmed4002:
grin

only if you know the meaning.
its just an inscription.

Any Nigerian should be able to easily read it without any interpretation from anybody whatsoever.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: On Arabic Inscription On Nigerian Army Logo by koife(m): 4:22pm On Jul 20, 2015
9jii:

Go n die
Am going to show you how civilized and matured people behave by not replying you back with abuse...that's the difference bw cows n humans grin grin cheesy

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: On Arabic Inscription On Nigerian Army Logo by Nobody: 4:23pm On Jul 20, 2015
IbnSultaan:

And you think the above justifies the Arabic Writings on the logo of the Nigerian Army? Jesus Christ!

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: On Arabic Inscription On Nigerian Army Logo by disumusa: 4:24pm On Jul 20, 2015
Adamsdelrio:
The truth is... Hausa owns Nigerian Army and most hausas practice Islamic religion.
80 percent of nigerian are muslim. Islam,french,english are all language adopted by nigeris govt.
Re: On Arabic Inscription On Nigerian Army Logo by Nobody: 4:24pm On Jul 20, 2015
Ahmed4002:
grin

only if you know the meaning.
its just an inscription.

You f**king i d i o t! Always trying to set the nation backward with your primitive Islamic BS!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: On Arabic Inscription On Nigerian Army Logo by Nobody: 4:25pm On Jul 20, 2015
jstbeinhonest:
I can remeber it was also on our national currency b4 i was removed sm yrs ago.
Though i understand majority of our soldiers are notherners,i still think it should be removed so has nt to increase d already huge religious mistrust.
That said,i dnt think there is any need 2 panic.
Besyds,islam is not d same as arabic.

For all avoidance of doubt, there's NO REASON why those Arabic inscription should be hanging there.

3 Likes

Re: On Arabic Inscription On Nigerian Army Logo by Ahmed4002(m): 4:25pm On Jul 20, 2015
dearpreye:

Any Nigerian should be able to easily read it without any interpretation from anybody whatsoever.

I doubt if you know the meaning.
Re: On Arabic Inscription On Nigerian Army Logo by koife(m): 4:25pm On Jul 20, 2015
dearpreye:

And you think the above justifies the Arabic Writings on the logo of the Nigerian Army? Jesus Christ!
Bro pls don't give your self headache with comic freak show characters....SMH

1 Like 1 Share

Re: On Arabic Inscription On Nigerian Army Logo by Nobody: 4:26pm On Jul 20, 2015
Ahmed4002:

I doubt if you know the meaning.

Seriously, I don't care. I just want a sane and fair society. That's all I want.
Re: On Arabic Inscription On Nigerian Army Logo by OrlandoOwoh(m): 4:26pm On Jul 20, 2015
IbnSultaan:
tmotmo:
I will agree with you on this. However the following
should also be implemented alongside with your
suggestion:
(1) Removal of all Crescent and/or Cross signs in
all public Hospitals, Schools and other Government
Buildings and Document
(2) Declaration of Sundays and Fridays and not
Saturdays and Sundays as weekly resting days.
This could show that the Country is not been
Christianized as the present Saturday and Sunday
weekend do not allow non-Christian to have full
benefit of dedicated worshipping on other days.
Example of this is the Friday Service by the
Muslims and other days that might be for
traditional worshippers.
Alternatively, maybe we should scrap this weekend
stuff/ religious related holidays and do like they do
in developed countries, and workers get paid on
the basis of hours worked for. I can bet it, we
might be a more productive Nation.
NB: Please don’t hide your response on the basis
of "this what our colonial masters handed over to
us". Remember, that colonial were not here alone,
they came with the CRUSADERS otherwise called
MISSIONARIES.
I learnt that upto the early 1970's, Saturdays were working days. After much pressure from members of the Seven Days Adventist, who worship on Saturdays, Yakubu Gowon decided to make it a work-free day.
Re: On Arabic Inscription On Nigerian Army Logo by Ahmed4002(m): 4:27pm On Jul 20, 2015
all4naija:
You f**king i d i o r t! Always trying to set the nation backward with your primitive Islamic BS!

ooh God nairaland it's just faceless forum.

lemme just ignore
Re: On Arabic Inscription On Nigerian Army Logo by Nobody: 4:28pm On Jul 20, 2015
OrlandoOwoh:

I learnt that upto the early 1970's, Saturdays were working days. After much pressure from members of the Seven Days Adventist, who worship on Saturdays, Yakubu Gowon decided to make it a work-free day.

Bro, religion has caused us so much headache. I'm in support of totally separating it from affairs of state. It's a personal thing.
Re: On Arabic Inscription On Nigerian Army Logo by Ahmed4002(m): 4:29pm On Jul 20, 2015
dearpreye:

Seriously, I don't care. I just want a sane and fair society. That's all I want.

so be it dear friend. contact the necessary authority please. Thanks
Re: On Arabic Inscription On Nigerian Army Logo by Nobody: 4:30pm On Jul 20, 2015
Ahmed4002:

ooh God nairaland it's just faceless forum.

lemme just ignore
Nonsense! As if I give a f**k about who you are in your religious sh*t! angry lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: On Arabic Inscription On Nigerian Army Logo by Nobody: 4:30pm On Jul 20, 2015
barcanista:
Maybe for the convenience of our muslim military officers. grin
haba don't join those bigots

VICTORY IS FROM GOD ALONE
koife:

Bro pls don't give your self headache with comic freak show characters....SMH

Trust me. Most times I choose to ignore. Other times the passion for equity and fairness overwhelms me I had no option than reply a few folks.

This isn't how serious nations are run.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: On Arabic Inscription On Nigerian Army Logo by Nobody: 4:31pm On Jul 20, 2015
Ahmed4002:

so be it dear friend. contact the necessary authority please. Thanks

Sure. I'll drop a comment about it on the Facebook page of the NA. This isn't sensible. It's disgusting.
Re: On Arabic Inscription On Nigerian Army Logo by francizy(m): 4:33pm On Jul 20, 2015
disumusa:
80 percent of nigerian are muslim. Islam,french,english are all language adopted by nigeris govt.

Muhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin The bolded bro! grin grin grin grin grin grin grin cheesy

Muhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

80% of Nigerians or rather 80% of the north are Muslims? Chai! Dies! grin

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: On Arabic Inscription On Nigerian Army Logo by koife(m): 4:34pm On Jul 20, 2015
dearpreye:

Trust me. Most times I choose to ignore. Other times the passion for equity and fairness overwhelms me I had no option than reply a few folks.

This isn't how serious nations are run.
Best I do is read and pass....when pushed?....I squeeze some minnows with fact into waste bin ....I can't give them the luxury of laundry! angry

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: On Arabic Inscription On Nigerian Army Logo by Nobody: 4:34pm On Jul 20, 2015
IbnSultaan:

And why shouldn't others easily read it? Make una dey support oppression and injustice. It will end one day.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: On Arabic Inscription On Nigerian Army Logo by Ahmed4002(m): 4:34pm On Jul 20, 2015
all4naija:
Nonsense! As if I give a f**k about who you are in your religious sh*t! angry lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

you done eat today? seem you are hungry brother.
Re: On Arabic Inscription On Nigerian Army Logo by Nobody: 4:35pm On Jul 20, 2015
francizy:

Muhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin The bolded bro! grin grin grin grin grin grin grin cheesy

Muhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

80% of Nigerians or rather 80% of the north are Muslims? Chai! Dies! grin

Wake up bro. You're yet to finish challenging the injustices in the system. Wake up tongue
Re: On Arabic Inscription On Nigerian Army Logo by Ahmed4002(m): 4:37pm On Jul 20, 2015
dearpreye:

And why shouldn't others easily read it? Make una dey support oppression and injustice. It will end one day.

who doesn't know the moto of NA . victory only comes from God alone.

That's just what the Arabic inscription means also.
Why are you obsess with it for God sake.

just forget about the language but the message it pass.
Re: On Arabic Inscription On Nigerian Army Logo by koife(m): 4:40pm On Jul 20, 2015
Ahmed4002:

I can bet my tissue....you must be a Muslim...the best of fool-ani almajiri angry

3 Likes

Re: On Arabic Inscription On Nigerian Army Logo by Ahmed4002(m): 4:40pm On Jul 20, 2015
dearpreye:

Sure. I'll drop a comment about it on the Facebook page of the NA. This isn't sensible. It's disgusting.

that would be better or just walk in to defence hqrs in abuja .

All the best. it's your right Bro
Re: On Arabic Inscription On Nigerian Army Logo by Nobody: 4:42pm On Jul 20, 2015
Ahmed4002:

I'm arrogantly obsessed with injustice. My desire for transparency and fairness is as strong as my desire to breathe.

That nonsense has no reason to be there.

1 Like

Re: On Arabic Inscription On Nigerian Army Logo by francizy(m): 4:42pm On Jul 20, 2015
dearpreye:

Wake up bro. You're yet to finish challenging the injustices in the system. Wake up tongue

Muhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha, did you just read what that guy wrote? I mean, like seriously? If he had given a more reasonable estimate like Muslims being 50% while Christians are 40%, it would have been more understandable... grin cheesy

Dies again! grin cheesy

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: On Arabic Inscription On Nigerian Army Logo by Nobody: 4:43pm On Jul 20, 2015
Ahmed4002:

that would be better or just walk in to defence hqrs in abuja .

All the best. it's your right Bro

I'm limited by location. Facebook is better for now.

That poo has no business to be there.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Suspense, Last Minute Thrills As Ondo Picks New Governor / Arrest Kashamu For Threatening To Kill –CPPM / Shehu Sani Tells Acting IGP, Adamu Next Line Of Action

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.