Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,537 members, 7,819,921 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:49 AM

Are Some Women Just "Unlucky” In Love? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Are Some Women Just "Unlucky” In Love? (1712 Views)

Men Beware!!! Women Just Wants To Get Married, Nothing More!!! / 10 Signs A Guy Is Unlucky With Girls / What Some Men Detest About Women; .....Just being Devils advocate...! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Are Some Women Just "Unlucky” In Love? by ammamat(f): 9:28am On Mar 12, 2009
Are Some Women Just
“Unlucky” In Love?

Now… I’d like to ask you another question… and I’m asking that you be totally honest with me here…

When you are alone and thinking about the pain and frustrations you’ve experienced in life and in love… what do you attribute to be the CAUSE of it all?
Re: Are Some Women Just "Unlucky” In Love? by emilyone(f): 9:31am On Mar 12, 2009
i simply see it as a blessing in disguise, cause every disappointment in life is a blessing.
Re: Are Some Women Just "Unlucky” In Love? by CrazyMan(m): 9:36am On Mar 12, 2009
Exactly.
Re: Are Some Women Just "Unlucky” In Love? by Gabry(f): 9:39am On Mar 12, 2009
Ehmmm. . . sad
Re: Are Some Women Just "Unlucky” In Love? by Ben13: 9:43am On Mar 12, 2009
emilyone:

i simply see it as a blessing in disguise, cause every disappointment in life is a blessing.

not always true undecided
Re: Are Some Women Just "Unlucky” In Love? by ammamat(f): 9:46am On Mar 12, 2009
@ emilyone are u saying that even when u are heart broken is a blessing?
Re: Are Some Women Just "Unlucky” In Love? by bridget007(f): 9:47am On Mar 12, 2009
'Unlucky' in love, I don't think so. I think sometimes we just make unwise choices. I think many women like tend to love from their hearts rather than their heads, and so sometimes fall for the wrong type of man because we try to place more emphasis on the little good points rather than face the large amount of bad. Saying that I don't think I've been unlucky, I've received love and given love and I am happy I have known it in my life, even if it does not knock again, now I'd be happy with a great, upbeat, loyal, caring, uncheating companion in my life, I had my great love but whilst he loved me he was a dog, just couldn't help himself no matter what was at stake cheating.
Re: Are Some Women Just "Unlucky” In Love? by Luvpolis(m): 9:50am On Mar 12, 2009
Hav ben hat broken 1ce, i c evrytin as a masage 2 lern 4rm, and is also a stepin stone 2 move forword.
Re: Are Some Women Just "Unlucky” In Love? by romsky: 9:58am On Mar 12, 2009
hatbreakers beware
Re: Are Some Women Just "Unlucky” In Love? by emilyone(f): 10:03am On Mar 12, 2009
ammamat:

@ emilyone are u saying that even when u are heart broken is a blessing?

yea, even when am heart broken, cause it could have been worse , so why cry over a spilled milk .
Re: Are Some Women Just "Unlucky” In Love? by ammamat(f): 10:15am On Mar 12, 2009
I think The truth is that the thought of being “unlucky” is a dangerous one… because it allows to you overlook what is probably the REAL source of the problem…

Think about this for a second…
Re: Are Some Women Just "Unlucky” In Love? by emilyone(f): 10:20am On Mar 12, 2009
maybe you are right
Re: Are Some Women Just "Unlucky” In Love? by Ben13: 10:36am On Mar 12, 2009
romade:

hatbreakers beware

romade, what do you know about heart and the breaking of heart

now, run to gabby's room and sleep fine
tongue
Re: Are Some Women Just "Unlucky” In Love? by Nobody: 11:38am On Mar 12, 2009
Unlucky ke? I don’t think so. When I sit down to look at my past, I just know that I’ve not met the guy who deserves me. Because when I meet him, he won’t need a prophet to tell him that. The others were just ‘side attractions’.
Re: Are Some Women Just "Unlucky” In Love? by MissyB1(m): 11:54am On Mar 12, 2009
Unlucky in love?? Yea some women are.
It's Life. . . . Not everything works for Your favor.
So far . . . Love has been fair to me but I'D say
Most women are the architect of their problems.
Re: Are Some Women Just "Unlucky” In Love? by MrCrackles(m): 11:55am On Mar 12, 2009
Topic

I dont know
! tongue
Re: Are Some Women Just "Unlucky” In Love? by Ifedisky(m): 12:04pm On Mar 12, 2009
O yes!, I think some women really are. You'd see some that really, really ticks all the correct boxes in terms of what a lady should be, yet at the end of the day, they get repeatedly marooned with the most odius of men. I don't think it has an explanation. It just happens. Sadly.
Re: Are Some Women Just "Unlucky” In Love? by whitelexi(m): 12:19pm On Mar 12, 2009
I for one, think that nigerian girls dont like to face reality until it bursts open right in their faces. All the fairy-tale talk of the perfect guy seems to have left the wrong impression on them for way too long and the earlier they wake up from that slumber the better for them.

When u go around looking for what u want, spare a thought to ask yourself if u will be be what someone else wants too. Those guys u talk about all the time are human too, they will study u in the same way as u study them, they will discover those things u hide, they will run when u give them cause to. . . No woman is unlucky in love, some are too fast and some are too slow, some are too smart and some are plain dumb, some are too neat and some are filthy, some are very current and some are just old-school.

A word is enough for the wise.
Re: Are Some Women Just "Unlucky” In Love? by Ifedisky(m): 12:24pm On Mar 12, 2009
@ ammamat, Yes there are women that refuse absolutely to,(1,) try and rationalise+ understand men and their wants and take recourse to the easy way of either blaming LUCK or MEN for their malaise
(2) some don't know who they are and, in effect the kind of men they should be with.
These are flaws that could be corrected.
But what happens if a woman's flaw is that she is just too good? How do you rectify such a flaw within societal and moral boundaries? It's a toss up. Some end up wiv the sticky end. Even if they're stoic and refuse to blame "luck" and lie down and pine, deep inside they all know it is.
Re: Are Some Women Just "Unlucky” In Love? by Amigoz(f): 12:43pm On Mar 12, 2009
@poster

I dont believe in ''unlucky in love''

I do however believe in the choices one make .

As per ur other question, the cause of it may be a bit of digging into ur childhood and ur upbringing in general.  Take for instance if u were wrapped up in cottonwool all thru ur life.  The first time u go into the real world without ur parents holding ur hands, it will either make or break u!! B4 pointing the blame @ someone else (cos it is obviously easier to blame some else 4 ur frustrations) y not search urself? Knowing who u are is the beginning of a wonderful relationship with another.
Re: Are Some Women Just "Unlucky” In Love? by whitelexi(m): 12:47pm On Mar 12, 2009
Amigoz:

@poster

As per ur other question, the cause of it may be a bit of digging into ur childhood and ur upbringing in general.  Take for instance if u were wrapped up in cottonwool all thru ur life. The first time u go into the real world without ur parents holding ur hands, it will either make or break u!! B4 pointing the blame @ someone else (cos it is obviously easier to blame some else 4 ur frustrations) y not search urself? Knowing who u are is the beginning of a wonderful relationship with another.

Exactement!!! grin
Re: Are Some Women Just "Unlucky” In Love? by rhufffryda(m): 12:51pm On Mar 12, 2009
@poster

Most nigerian girls are materialistic. Thats d number one major cause of heartbreak for girls.

They see a guy with flashy clothes, nice ride, sweet words, fine face and dey throw all caution to winde mistaking lust and infatuation and greed for love.

Point taken.
Re: Are Some Women Just "Unlucky” In Love? by Nobody: 2:02pm On Mar 12, 2009
Amigoz:

@poster

As per ur other question, the cause of it may be a bit of digging into ur childhood and ur upbringing in general. Take for instance if u were wrapped up in cottonwool all thru ur life. The first time u go into the real world without ur parents holding ur hands, it will either make or break u!! B4 pointing the blame @ someone else (cos it is obviously easier to blame some else 4 ur frustrations) y not search urself? Knowing who u are is the beginning of a wonderful relationship with another.

Knwoing who you are still dosent stop your heart from getting broken.

Going for what you want is not a crime. Whatever choices we make in life still doesent change the fact that sometimes people get unlucky and meet the wrong person. Its not just women, men too.
Re: Are Some Women Just "Unlucky” In Love? by yme1(f): 2:05pm On Mar 12, 2009
My heart is no glass that can be broken o
Re: Are Some Women Just "Unlucky” In Love? by JJYOU: 2:08pm On Mar 12, 2009
Missy B:

Unlucky in love?? Yea some women are.
It's Life. . . . Not everything works for Your favor.
So far . . . Love has been fair to me but I'D say
Most women are the architect of their problems.
sad truth.  most people act like they dont know there are consequences for every action/ decisions they make.
Re: Are Some Women Just "Unlucky” In Love? by whitelexi(m): 3:38pm On Mar 12, 2009
y me:

My heart is no glass that can be broken o

I aint afraid of no stones grin cheesy grin

Who u gonna call
Re: Are Some Women Just "Unlucky” In Love? by yme1(f): 3:39pm On Mar 12, 2009
neither is it made of stones honey
Re: Are Some Women Just "Unlucky” In Love? by whitelexi(m): 3:50pm On Mar 12, 2009
y me:

neither is it made of stones honey

The answer to my question is 118 118

Google it! tongue tongue tongue
Re: Are Some Women Just "Unlucky” In Love? by yme1(f): 3:52pm On Mar 12, 2009
really
Re: Are Some Women Just "Unlucky” In Love? by Amigoz(f): 11:04pm On Mar 12, 2009
Ujujoan:

Knwoing who you are still dosent stop your heart from getting broken.

Going for what you want is not a crime. Whatever choices we make in life still doesent change the fact that sometimes people get unlucky and meet the wrong person. Its not just women, men too.

U seem to have read ma comments wrong

I never did say knowing oneself will stop u from getting a broken heart, far from it, but knowing who you are will help u deal with some situations that sometimes might seem frustrating.

The reason i said the choices u make matters is cos, i have witnessed friends who date people in the circle of those that have dumped them (hope dat makes sense), so nothing changes, they keep on getting heartbreak upon heartbreak.

When u know urself, u know wot u are looking for in a man, then u go for that, u just dont hop onto the next guy that gives u a wink just to get into your pants.

Opening ur heart to another one is always a risk.
Re: Are Some Women Just "Unlucky” In Love? by ammamat(f): 12:17pm On Mar 13, 2009
em, am still learnign
Re: Are Some Women Just "Unlucky” In Love? by iice(f): 9:46am On Mar 14, 2009
People often times invite the trouble.
But yes i think sometimes people get unlucky - i'd say it's a one time deal.

(1) (Reply)

From A Confused Heart: / Can You Take All The Blames In The Name Of Love? / Tell Me Wat To Do

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.