Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,437 members, 7,812,300 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:22 AM

I Need Advice. I Have Been In A Relationshio For 5years. - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / I Need Advice. I Have Been In A Relationshio For 5years. (2453 Views)

She Wants Me To Wait For 5years Before She Dates Me.. / Should The Boyfriend Be Responsible For All The Calls In A Relationshio / We Have Been Dating For 5years,yet I Dont Know The Job He Does??? Please Help Me (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Need Advice. I Have Been In A Relationshio For 5years. by Nobody: 7:50am On Jul 23, 2015
Well...It's simple.

You're ready...hes not....u both have different goals...
People will tell u to wait...pple will tell u there's more to life tha marriage...pple r right..I.e, right from their perspective of how their life has been....
Re: I Need Advice. I Have Been In A Relationshio For 5years. by ladyF(f): 8:29am On Jul 23, 2015
icekream:

Its actually the truth. Take a random survey of the couples you know
Couples u dont know nko? so those wives that complain that their hubbys don't give them feeding money, or the ones that are sending plea request that they are broke and there's no food at home? Pregnant women that go for ante natal late because of financial issues nko? Are they single? I don't completely agree with that assumption.
Re: I Need Advice. I Have Been In A Relationshio For 5years. by jashar(f): 8:50am On Jul 23, 2015
grin

Take this advice with a pinch of salt.

Re: I Need Advice. I Have Been In A Relationshio For 5years. by Intrepid01(m): 9:07am On Jul 23, 2015
icekream:

Its actually the truth. Take a random survey of the couples you know

With due respect....but this mindset is the reason why Africa is backward. Assuming that money will come after marriage. Assuming that God will provide for the child's needs when he arrives. Westerners are better off because they plan . Please lets make decisions with our heads not our hearts.
Re: I Need Advice. I Have Been In A Relationshio For 5years. by jedyjedy(m): 10:23am On Jul 23, 2015
OkunrinMeta:

Harsh but true,
d Gospel truth
Re: I Need Advice. I Have Been In A Relationshio For 5years. by icekream(m): 11:24am On Jul 23, 2015
Intrepid01:

With due respect....but this mindset is the reason why Africa is backward. Assuming that money will come after marriage. Assuming that God will provide for the child's needs when he arrives. Westerners are better off because they plan . Please lets make decisions with our heads not our hearts.
So u wait till u're as rich as dangote before getting married is the solution? C'mon this thing is psychology. If you're not faced with tougher challenges, u'll think your present challenge is the toughest
Re: I Need Advice. I Have Been In A Relationshio For 5years. by Intrepid01(m): 11:29am On Jul 23, 2015
icekream:

So u wait till u're as rich as dangote before getting married is the solution? C'mon this thing is psychology. If you're not faced with tougher challenges, u'll think your present challenge is the toughest

There you go again, you'll make a simple balanced statement in a discussion with a Nigerian, he/she drags it to the extreme.

Nobody said you should become dangote, all I said in contrary to your opinion of 'close your eyes and jump' is that they should have a source of income first and not hope that money will start flowing as you suggested.

1 Like

Re: I Need Advice. I Have Been In A Relationshio For 5years. by boxer022(m): 2:48pm On Jul 23, 2015
I know that his excuse for not marrying you is money but it depends on the type of marriage he is planning. It is not compulsory that he must make it big and elaborate, he has the choice of making it small. If he really wants to to settle down with you, I believe what he should do is make his intention know to his family and also your family. At least let him and his family meet your family for introduction and find out what it will cost him to marry you. I know that if he is really serious his family and himself will meet the demands of your family. If he can pay your bride price then he can relax and plan on how he will go about his traditional wedding. I want you to discuss with him and find out if he is really serious about wanting to settle down with you. From his reply you will know if to advice him as I adviced you or follow what your parents adviced you.
Re: I Need Advice. I Have Been In A Relationshio For 5years. by Pamelayoung: 3:26pm On Jul 23, 2015
goryorhal:
@ OP you are just 25years of age and all what's on your mind now is how to get married ..
you should try to find something doing probably starting a mini business (selling of used cloths , shoes ,etc ) ..
You shouldn't be bother about your age for now .. There are more important to be discover before getting married ..
Try to discover yourself , your purpose on earth ..
Well I believe that marriage isn't the most important thing on earth .. I have seen a 24hours wedding.
Don't let anyone intimidate you ... Get yourself occupied ..
I jez hope you will do the right thing.

A very brilliant answer. Don't knw why we get so obsessed wit marriage in ds part of the world.
@ op get smx doing, surround ursef wit d rite pple n don't let anyone intimidate u.
Re: I Need Advice. I Have Been In A Relationshio For 5years. by Kezmanto: 3:26pm On Jul 23, 2015
Mine own is 4u to do d right tin,u may still give him more 2yrs, he may comeback and say u are old dat, he need younger lady.

(1) (2) (Reply)

She Will Kiss You Non-stop With This Simple Romantic Tips..read Now / Drama As 15-year-old Boy Is Caught Having S*x With Sheep In Anambra (photo) / Share Your Same Hostel/compound Dating Stories

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.