Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,914 members, 7,814,084 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 06:08 AM

Buhari Will Probe Jonathan’s Govt Only; Not Obasanjo’s, Others – Presidency - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Will Probe Jonathan’s Govt Only; Not Obasanjo’s, Others – Presidency (40872 Views)

Corruption: BUHARI gives EFCC Go Ahead to Probe JONATHAN / Why We Can’t Recover Funds Looted By Alison-madueke, Others — Presidency / Buhari Will Probe Jonathan’s Govt Only; Not Obasanjo’s, Others – Presidency (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari Will Probe Jonathan’s Govt Only; Not Obasanjo’s, Others – Presidency by mrlaw93(m): 9:01am On Jul 23, 2015
My presidense is working grin

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Will Probe Jonathan’s Govt Only; Not Obasanjo’s, Others – Presidency by alphaconde(m): 9:01am On Jul 23, 2015
In that case God go judge am

1 Like

Re: Buhari Will Probe Jonathan’s Govt Only; Not Obasanjo’s, Others – Presidency by Kelvin0(m): 9:01am On Jul 23, 2015
undecidedd
Re: Buhari Will Probe Jonathan’s Govt Only; Not Obasanjo’s, Others – Presidency by sweatlana: 9:03am On Jul 23, 2015
That's just wickedness. Did corruption start under GEJ administration? ?

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Will Probe Jonathan’s Govt Only; Not Obasanjo’s, Others – Presidency by nerodenero: 9:03am On Jul 23, 2015
Probe or not, I don't see Jonathan in jail. His ex cabinet members might suffer this probe but Jonathan would survive it.

If Jonathan goes to jail, then I will start believing in Nigeria and that will show that nobody is above the law. If that happens, Baba should also watch his back when he vacates Aso Rock.

8 Likes

Re: Buhari Will Probe Jonathan’s Govt Only; Not Obasanjo’s, Others – Presidency by jorel1(m): 9:03am On Jul 23, 2015
You only probe your immediate predecessor, thus it was GEJ responsibility to probe obasanjo, but since he didn't thats his problem.
so PMB knock yourself out.
Just make sure GEJ doesn't get any special treatment while in prison.

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Will Probe Jonathan’s Govt Only; Not Obasanjo’s, Others – Presidency by Nobody: 9:05am On Jul 23, 2015
Flets:
Then I can comfortably tell Buhari that his government have outrightly failed if this news is true.

I've come to agree that politicians have over estimated the gullibility of Nigeria.

then what? why didint GEJ probe OBJ? Is left for the next president to probe Buhari or not.
Re: Buhari Will Probe Jonathan’s Govt Only; Not Obasanjo’s, Others – Presidency by Atlantian: 9:05am On Jul 23, 2015
Buhari is about the bite more than he can chew. He can not battle Boko Haram, now he is about to light a keg of gun powder. When the militants blow up the pipelines, you will neither have access to oil and no gas to power the electricity plants. Nnamdi Kanu is around the corner mobilizing the army of illiterates that will be ready to move to occupy oil installations.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Will Probe Jonathan’s Govt Only; Not Obasanjo’s, Others – Presidency by ifyan(m): 9:06am On Jul 23, 2015
This will really be a big minus to PMB government. Remember his statement.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Will Probe Jonathan’s Govt Only; Not Obasanjo’s, Others – Presidency by samuel900(m): 9:07am On Jul 23, 2015
Jonathan's Case still fresh......those asking for Obasanjo's probe
Re: Buhari Will Probe Jonathan’s Govt Only; Not Obasanjo’s, Others – Presidency by Nobody: 9:07am On Jul 23, 2015
Jonathanohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh shocked
Re: Buhari Will Probe Jonathan’s Govt Only; Not Obasanjo’s, Others – Presidency by Guyman02: 9:08am On Jul 23, 2015
He doesnt want former Northern leaders to be indicted and expose how they got their Oyel Blocks in the Niger Delta.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Will Probe Jonathan’s Govt Only; Not Obasanjo’s, Others – Presidency by HIGHESTPOPORI(m): 9:09am On Jul 23, 2015
midolian:
by the time this lands him in ekwulobia prisons, you ll learn to sing a different song.
Nothing would happen to Jonathan,keep dreaming,if anytin happens to him,out of all the Head of States that has looted,dat would be d end of Nigeria!

4 Likes

Re: Buhari Will Probe Jonathan’s Govt Only; Not Obasanjo’s, Others – Presidency by oyejideogunjumo: 9:09am On Jul 23, 2015
It will be absolutely unfair.What is good for goose is also good for gander. There should be level ground. Probe across board or no probe at all.No one can comfirm that GEJ's government is worst We want comparison. .

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Will Probe Jonathan’s Govt Only; Not Obasanjo’s, Others – Presidency by Nobody: 9:09am On Jul 23, 2015
EUROBOMBER:
I have carefully analysed recent events and taken time to study a lot of what happened before during and after the Biafran war.

The truth is that if the Igbos succeed in pulling out of Nigeria, the Niger Delta might not completely be part of the new country but they will definitely also seek to be on their own and manage their resources. This would effectively leave only the SW and the North in Nigeria. If it turns out this way, the Yorubas most likely would also gently ask to be left to be on their own. At the end of it all, we go our separate ways.

Let me quickly add here that Igbo land is much bigger than the Nigerian politically defined SE. Should Nigeria break today, all Igbo-speaking parts of the SS will be part of our new country. The Igbos will force no tribe to be part of us, we will accept those that want to stay with us and those that don't want to be with us will be free to stand on their own or join any other groups they so wish. I am saying this loud and clear so that some people will not come here and start shouting, "We are not part of your Biafra, leave us alone, leave our oil alone."

The Igbos can do very well without oil. There are many countries in the world without oil and are doing very fine. Germany is the most powerful economy in Europe today and they don't have a cup of crude oil there. Israel moved into a desert and converted it into a country very comfortable for habitation. The list is endless. Recent trends have also shown that oil is becoming worthless by the day. What really matters for a nation to be great is the quality of human resources available.

For the parts of the SS that would choose to be part of the new country, we can accept to run a regional system of government between the core Igbo states and parts of the Niger Delta. We can even accept a solution such that both regions would take 80% of revenue accrued within the regions and contribute 20% to the center. This the Niger Delta can never get in this present Nigeria.

For those people from the SS always shouting leave our oyel, I want to tell you that the Northerners are already drinking your oil and have even become drunk on it. You are shouting at Igbos to leave your oyel whereas Northerners are taking the same oil from under your nose and you can do nothing. How myopic and sentimental can some people be?

On a closing note, I believe in one Nigeria but one where there is justice, fairness & equity. For me, Buhari should hand over to an Igbo man if Igbos are truly part of Nigeria. We are part of the big three and too big to be ignored.

Well said my Biafran brother. Fraternal greetings from Cross River. Biafra we stand!

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Will Probe Jonathan’s Govt Only; Not Obasanjo’s, Others – Presidency by NaijNewsToday: 9:10am On Jul 23, 2015
Buhari is biased

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Will Probe Jonathan’s Govt Only; Not Obasanjo’s, Others – Presidency by pillzthadrugz(m): 9:11am On Jul 23, 2015
If PMB likes he can travel with his extended family to pamuda triangle, but my own be say make we get uninterrupted power supply.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Will Probe Jonathan’s Govt Only; Not Obasanjo’s, Others – Presidency by dubaiprince: 9:12am On Jul 23, 2015
since May 29th 2015, its been talk talk talk and talk from this government no tangible impact. innocent lives are still being wasted daily, prices of food stuff and other things keep going up, naira keeps depreciating, N100-N110 per litre is becoming a reality and all we hear is arrest this, probe that. abeg start fulfilling your empty promises. PROPAGANDISTS. 46 MONTHS TO GO

4 Likes

Re: Buhari Will Probe Jonathan’s Govt Only; Not Obasanjo’s, Others – Presidency by Reference(m): 9:12am On Jul 23, 2015
I think this is better, if not the government will get bogged down and risk indicting itself.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Will Probe Jonathan’s Govt Only; Not Obasanjo’s, Others – Presidency by HIGHESTPOPORI(m): 9:12am On Jul 23, 2015
StOla:

Would Buhari proceed to Onitsha market to look for an Igbo man to hand over to? Or is it no longer the winner of a presidential election that incumbent hand over to?

Now that I've defined who can be handed over to, what are Igbos doing to get votes in other regions of the country, since the SE alone cannot elect a majority winner?

Is it by marketing hate all over the country and denigrating the very people whose votes can actualise the Igbo presidency?

Is it by labelling every Igbo politician who is smart enough not to be an ethnic local champion as a traitor?

Is it by your established notoriety as the "my brother" nepotists that will reassure Nigerians that the Igbo are politically enlightened enough to rule a heterogeneous society?
The IGBOS want BIAFRA,they don't want to be president of this zoo!

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Will Probe Jonathan’s Govt Only; Not Obasanjo’s, Others – Presidency by logica(m): 9:13am On Jul 23, 2015
Of course; those ones are his military buddies.
Re: Buhari Will Probe Jonathan’s Govt Only; Not Obasanjo’s, Others – Presidency by monex(m): 9:13am On Jul 23, 2015
StOla:

Do you admit now that Jonathan was an irresponsible president?

Why are you debating about regimes that Jonathan already approved of their actions and records he took over?

i would be surprised if anybody thought otherwise. the small concern i have is that his govt has been painted worse than it look and people have used a tribal lens to look at his govt.

i hear people a lot of people say Nigerdelta would not be allowed to rule Nigeria again and I see what some of the Gejites/tanoids are talking about.

for me he must first of all recover as much stolen loot from the previous administration. how he intends to fight corruption is what i cannot advise on now. corruption is so endemic and systemic in nigeria that i think that apart from Buhari himself, everyone else in his govt and in the previous govt is/was corrupt.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Will Probe Jonathan’s Govt Only; Not Obasanjo’s, Others – Presidency by Forwetinnah: 9:14am On Jul 23, 2015
This is why these illiterates posing as educated progressives shouldn't be handling anything In government. The Oponu doesn't even know what "past" is. So bigger crooks like Turai and Aaondoka and OBJ (aka Umaru are you still alive?) and Atiku and Ameachi and Tinubu are free men? These men were operating with gross impunity and they've got no question to answer even if they stole more money? Start the Probe quickly...the effrontery undecided ?

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Will Probe Jonathan’s Govt Only; Not Obasanjo’s, Others – Presidency by tolexy007(m): 9:14am On Jul 23, 2015
because our Daura president has no balls to do it

1 Like

Re: Buhari Will Probe Jonathan’s Govt Only; Not Obasanjo’s, Others – Presidency by Franchise21(m): 9:14am On Jul 23, 2015
All I know, probe Deziani Allison Madueke

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Will Probe Jonathan’s Govt Only; Not Obasanjo’s, Others – Presidency by omogin(f): 9:15am On Jul 23, 2015
GEJ no dey their cabal now. Fear let PMB probe OBJ or IBB, lol... He will understand how govts crumble in broad daylight

1 Like

Re: Buhari Will Probe Jonathan’s Govt Only; Not Obasanjo’s, Others – Presidency by Nobody: 9:15am On Jul 23, 2015
God bless my President. A good way to go.......

1 Like

Re: Buhari Will Probe Jonathan’s Govt Only; Not Obasanjo’s, Others – Presidency by Firefire(m): 9:15am On Jul 23, 2015
Buhari & APC scammed Nigerians with their corruption campaign.

You see now?

Tinubu will not return Lagos loot

Atiku will go free

OBJ the king of corruption will be a free man

It cannot happen, walahi

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Will Probe Jonathan’s Govt Only; Not Obasanjo’s, Others – Presidency by CR9R: 9:15am On Jul 23, 2015
EUROBOMBER:
I have carefully analysed recent events and taken time to study a lot of what happened before during and after the Biafran war.

The truth is that if the Igbos succeed in pulling out of Nigeria, the Niger Delta might not completely be part of the new country but they will definitely also seek to be on their own and manage their resources. This would effectively leave only the SW and the North in Nigeria. If it turns out this way, the Yorubas most likely would also gently ask to be left to be on their own. At the end of it all, we go our separate ways.

Let me quickly add here that Igbo land is much bigger than the Nigerian politically defined SE. Should Nigeria break today, all Igbo-speaking parts of the SS will be part of our new country. The Igbos will force no tribe to be part of us, we will accept those that want to stay with us and those that don't want to be with us will be free to stand on their own or join any other groups they so wish. I am saying this loud and clear so that some people will not come here and start shouting, "We are not part of your Biafra, leave us alone, leave our oil alone."

The Igbos can do very well without oil. There are many countries in the world without oil and are doing very fine. Germany is the most powerful economy in Europe today and they don't have a cup of crude oil there. Israel moved into a desert and converted it into a country very comfortable for habitation. The list is endless. Recent trends have also shown that oil is becoming worthless by the day. What really matters for a nation to be great is the quality of human resources available.

For the parts of the SS that would choose to be part of the new country, we can accept to run a regional system of government between the core Igbo states and parts of the Niger Delta. We can even accept a solution such that both regions would take 80% of revenue accrued within the regions and contribute 20% to the center. This the Niger Delta can never get in this present Nigeria.

For those people from the SS always shouting leave our oyel, I want to tell you that the Northerners are already drinking your oil and have even become drunk on it. You are shouting at Igbos to leave your oyel whereas Northerners are taking the same oil from under your nose and you can do nothing. How myopic and sentimental can some people be?

On a closing note, I believe in one Nigeria but one where there is justice, fairness & equity. For me, Buhari should hand over to an Igbo man if Igbos are truly part of Nigeria. We are part of the big three and too big to be ignored.
I beg who are you? Rubbish, analysing trash. Phew.

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Will Probe Jonathan’s Govt Only; Not Obasanjo’s, Others – Presidency by Nobody: 9:16am On Jul 23, 2015
jorel1:
You only probe your immediate predecessor, thus it was GEJ responsibility to probe obasanjo, but since he didn't thats his problem.
so PMB knock yourself out.
Just make sure GEJ doesn't get any special treatment while in prison.

Your vegetable General can only make noise.He can't do anything to GEJ.

5 Likes

Re: Buhari Will Probe Jonathan’s Govt Only; Not Obasanjo’s, Others – Presidency by sweetgala(m): 9:16am On Jul 23, 2015
Emekamex:
This won't fight corruption one bit. You can't fill up a 6feet hole by just pouring two buckets of sand; the endemic cause of corruption is that they are so many fellows that can buy their way out of trouble due to the money they have stolen from the treasury since 1960; and which they have not been probed for since then.

Jonathan is daft, Abdulsalam and OBJ are not, it would be very difficult to catch those two , so Buhari would not waste his time going after them.

There is the halliburton case that can catch Atiku, Abdulsalam etc I think Buhari would just settle silently with OBJ out of the news , OBJ is far too powerful for any Nigerian president in this lifetime

1 Like

Re: Buhari Will Probe Jonathan’s Govt Only; Not Obasanjo’s, Others – Presidency by easystudy101: 9:17am On Jul 23, 2015

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Edo Speaker, Okiye, Six Others Formally Defect To PDP / "Imprisoned" Enugu First Lady, Clara Chime, Hires Falana To Secure Her Release / Comrade Buses: Named After Adams Oshiomhole In Edo (PHOTOS)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.