Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,231 members, 7,815,300 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:30 AM

Buhari Will Probe Jonathan’s Govt Only; Not Obasanjo’s, Others – Presidency - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Will Probe Jonathan’s Govt Only; Not Obasanjo’s, Others – Presidency (40889 Views)

Corruption: BUHARI gives EFCC Go Ahead to Probe JONATHAN / Why We Can’t Recover Funds Looted By Alison-madueke, Others — Presidency / Buhari Will Probe Jonathan’s Govt Only; Not Obasanjo’s, Others – Presidency (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari Will Probe Jonathan’s Govt Only; Not Obasanjo’s, Others – Presidency by esere826: 10:18am On Jul 23, 2015
lol

nope. this was probably a misquote of Femi Adesina

If Buhari is afraid (or should I say worried) to step on institutionally big toes
then all he needs to do is to hands off corruption cases like Yaradua did
just allow the law enforcement agencies do the picking for the cases they prefer to go after and then support them
and stop talking about corruption

solely targeting Jonathans men using antiquated philosophies is only going to send a strong signal in the wrong direction
no one is going to be beggarly for justice
the euphoria of the guillotine will wear off of those with leanings towards majority ethnic enclaves who are only able to see the logicality (or illogicality) of such actions.
but seeds of division will be deeply entrenched after such an act

I am as cosmopolitan as the Nigeria jungle can allow
but I doubt I'd be able to come to terms with such naked power games
If I can't, I wonder how the guys with less exposure will process all of this

1 Like

Re: Buhari Will Probe Jonathan’s Govt Only; Not Obasanjo’s, Others – Presidency by Nobody: 10:18am On Jul 23, 2015
Reference:

Then your country cannot develop, pure and simple, but I'm sure the critical thought is lost on you since you donot know what development is due to years of living in desperate delusion and druggery. All countries moving forward are bending over backwards to accomodate their constituents. They see the strength of their countries as represented by the weakest members and reach out to include them. You talk of security, you talk of economy, how do you progress without inclusion. How do you take on the world with a fractured implement. Just wasting your time.
...some stuff is earned,not given.
Re: Buhari Will Probe Jonathan’s Govt Only; Not Obasanjo’s, Others – Presidency by abouzaid: 10:19am On Jul 23, 2015
samento:
Tell them to start the bombing. You will soon realise that this is not Jonathan's regime. That the mantle of leadership has been handed over to more responsible and responsive leader.
the army is now led by a burantashi that could not even present resistance to save his own house from been burnt down by boko haram.if you can't defeat boko haram that fights face to face with you on wide desert land, how then can you defeat creek militants that would just burst the pipeline ans disappear? i pray for peace while i plan for war.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Will Probe Jonathan’s Govt Only; Not Obasanjo’s, Others – Presidency by Nobody: 10:20am On Jul 23, 2015
StOla:
Jonathan already gave a pass mark to previous regimes as he did not see any reason to probe them.

No need to repeat what Jonathan must have already done and was satisfied with.

Buhari should concentrate on what was handed over to him - which is the record of Jonathan's administration.
God bless you jare
Re: Buhari Will Probe Jonathan’s Govt Only; Not Obasanjo’s, Others – Presidency by Nobody: 10:20am On Jul 23, 2015
He is free to probe him but let he just pray he finds something against him because if he doesn't it would be a bigger shame to him and his merry band of disgrunted misfits.. APC sucks
Ughhhhh!!!
Re: Buhari Will Probe Jonathan’s Govt Only; Not Obasanjo’s, Others – Presidency by nellyelitz(m): 10:22am On Jul 23, 2015
dadaojames:

www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/187120-buhari-will-probe-jonathans-govt-only-not-obasanjos-others-presidency.html?utm_source=&utm_medium=twitter
i always knw this president is more imcompetent than many thinks.
was he not the one calling for reinvestigation of Halliburton contracts? and if i may ask whose administration did this shuddy deal took place, was it not Abdulsalami/OBJ tenures?
my deductions are;
He's still into his normal religious/ethnicity politics of (YOU WON'T HEAR FROM MY MOUTH), that's why he's pardoning Abdusalami Abubakar from the probe.

Another point, i think since OBj openly supported him against GEJ and invested into his election, means he's untouchable OR he's afraid of even probing obj knowing that he's too strong for him.

Lastly, i think GMB talks before thinking, because he has this mixing up culture- how can he call for reopening of the case and at the same time saying he won't probe the administration where the contracts were awarded.
Re: Buhari Will Probe Jonathan’s Govt Only; Not Obasanjo’s, Others – Presidency by Dollar101(m): 10:23am On Jul 23, 2015
EUROBOMBER:
I have carefully analysed recent events and taken time to study a lot of what happened before during and after the Biafran war.

The truth is that if the Igbos succeed in pulling out of Nigeria, the Niger Delta might not completely be part of the new country but they will definitely also seek to be on their own and manage their resources. This would effectively leave only the SW and the North in Nigeria. If it turns out this way, the Yorubas most likely would also gently ask to be left to be on their own. At the end of it all, we go our separate ways.

Let me quickly add here that Igbo land is much bigger than the Nigerian politically defined SE. Should Nigeria break today, all Igbo-speaking parts of the SS will be part of our new country. The Igbos will force no tribe to be part of us, we will accept those that want to stay with us and those that don't want to be with us will be free to stand on their own or join any other groups they so wish. I am saying this loud and clear so that some people will not come here and start shouting, "We are not part of your Biafra, leave us alone, leave our oil alone."

The Igbos can do very well without oil. There are many countries in the world without oil and are doing very fine. Germany is the most powerful economy in Europe today and they don't have a cup of crude oil there. Israel moved into a desert and converted it into a country very comfortable for habitation. The list is endless. Recent trends have also shown that oil is becoming worthless by the day. What really matters for a nation to be great is the quality of human resources available.

For the parts of the SS that would choose to be part of the new country, we can accept to run a regional system of government between the core Igbo states and parts of the Niger Delta. We can even accept a solution such that both regions would take 80% of revenue accrued within the regions and contribute 20% to the center. This the Niger Delta can never get in this present Nigeria.

For those people from the SS always shouting leave our oyel, I want to tell you that the Northerners are already drinking your oil and have even become drunk on it. You are shouting at Igbos to leave your oyel whereas Northerners are taking the same oil from under your nose and you can do nothing. How myopic and sentimental can some people be?

On a closing note, I believe in one Nigeria but one where there is justice, fairness & equity. For me, Buhari should hand over to an Igbo man if Igbos are truly part of Nigeria. We are part of the big three and too big to be ignored.

Who is ignoring you, leave sentiments and face democracy

1 Like

Re: Buhari Will Probe Jonathan’s Govt Only; Not Obasanjo’s, Others – Presidency by samento: 10:23am On Jul 23, 2015
sweatlana:
That's just wickedness. Did corruption start under GEJ administration? ?
But it must end somewhere.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Will Probe Jonathan’s Govt Only; Not Obasanjo’s, Others – Presidency by Nobody: 10:25am On Jul 23, 2015
Williamso:

Is that how the presidency is done? Buhari should hand over to an Igbo man? Smh. Why not tell an Igbo man to have a strong nationwide campaign and WIN votes to become the next president? Get off your sense of entitlement. This is a democracy, and not a monarchy. If you win the election, you get the office. Peace

Thank u my brother, tell them d truth, Pmb shld hand over power to an igbo man? We are finish den, u wnt to give power to number 1 thieves sorri 4 9ija if d dnt sell dis country.
Re: Buhari Will Probe Jonathan’s Govt Only; Not Obasanjo’s, Others – Presidency by nagoma(m): 10:25am On Jul 23, 2015
EUROBOMBER:
I have carefully analysed recent events and taken time to study a lot of what happened before during and after the Biafran war.

The truth is that if the Igbos succeed in pulling out of Nigeria, the Niger Delta might not completely be part of the new country but they will definitely also seek to be on their own and manage their resources. This would effectively leave only the SW and the North in Nigeria. If it turns out this way, the Yorubas most likely would also gently ask to be left to be on their own. At the end of it all, we go our separate ways.

Let me quickly add here that Igbo land is much bigger than the Nigerian politically defined SE. Should Nigeria break today, all Igbo-speaking parts of the SS will be part of our new country. The Igbos will force no tribe to be part of us, we will accept those that want to stay with us and those that don't want to be with us will be free to stand on their own or join any other groups they so wish. I am saying this loud and clear so that some people will not come here and start shouting, "We are not part of your Biafra, leave us alone, leave our oil alone."

The Igbos can do very well without oil. There are many countries in the world without oil and are doing very fine. Germany is the most powerful economy in Europe today and they don't have a cup of crude oil there. Israel moved into a desert and converted it into a country very comfortable for habitation. The list is endless. Recent trends have also shown that oil is becoming worthless by the day. What really matters for a nation to be great is the quality of human resources available.

For the parts of the SS that would choose to be part of the new country, we can accept to run a regional system of government between the core Igbo states and parts of the Niger Delta. We can even accept a solution such that both regions would take 80% of revenue accrued within the regions and contribute 20% to the center. This the Niger Delta can never get in this present Nigeria.

For those people from the SS always shouting leave our oyel, I want to tell you that the Northerners are already drinking your oil and have even become drunk on it. You are shouting at Igbos to leave your oyel whereas Northerners are taking the same oil from under your nose and you can do nothing. How myopic and sentimental can some people be?

On a closing note, I believe in one Nigeria but one where there is justice, fairness & equity. For me, Buhari should hand over to an Igbo man if Igbos are truly part of Nigeria. We are part of the big three and too big to be ignored.

We are living in a democracy which is improving by the minute and definitely igbos can have the presidency through the ballot box. Good Luck Jonathan is from a smaller minority. For you to expect a just a "hand over" doesn't sound democratic. Igbos had the choice and the right to be fully involved in the APC government but they preferred PDP. The few like Rochas Okorocha are fully involved in the nations governance. So what are you crying about? Are you not strong enough to live with your conviction and the decision that PDP would have been better for Nigeria?

1 Like

Re: Buhari Will Probe Jonathan’s Govt Only; Not Obasanjo’s, Others – Presidency by Xano(m): 10:27am On Jul 23, 2015
StOla:

Do you admit now that Jonathan was an irresponsible president?

Why are you debating about regimes that Jonathan already approved of their actions and records he took over?

Some people forget easily.
GEJ 'chose no to' probe past administrations.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Will Probe Jonathan’s Govt Only; Not Obasanjo’s, Others – Presidency by walozanga(m): 10:28am On Jul 23, 2015
EASIER SAID THAN DONE. START AM NAA..
Re: Buhari Will Probe Jonathan’s Govt Only; Not Obasanjo’s, Others – Presidency by erinalex: 10:31am On Jul 23, 2015
NwaAnambra:
Buhari must probe The Obasanjo and Yaradua administrations!
your hypocrisy knows no bound,who stopped ur brother(gej) from probing OBJ & Yaradua administrations? Why don't u compel gej to probe them when he was still the president. Yeye,u now have mouth to say PMB 'must' probe obj & yaradua. Your problem is that u don't have shame.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Will Probe Jonathan’s Govt Only; Not Obasanjo’s, Others – Presidency by derecho(m): 10:32am On Jul 23, 2015
StOla:

How can anyone award himself a pass mark?

If GEJ did not deem it responsible to probe those he took over from, how is that Buhari's headache?
My Bros,we are interested in PMB's promise to fight or "kill"corruption.If he's serious about it,he doesn't need a soothsayer to tell him that he needs to get to the root instead of destroying the leaves.
BTW GEJ is not PMB's problem, corruption is.Thus anywhere corruption is should be PMB's headache. If GEJ is his problem,let him tell nigerians.
Re: Buhari Will Probe Jonathan’s Govt Only; Not Obasanjo’s, Others – Presidency by gragraboy: 10:32am On Jul 23, 2015
EUROBOMBER:
Is it a relay race that he will hand over just like that?
The Igbo people ask them to bring one credible candidate that will stand on their behalf and you will see royal rumble now. They are divided among themselves.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Will Probe Jonathan’s Govt Only; Not Obasanjo’s, Others – Presidency by donnie(m): 10:33am On Jul 23, 2015
new2020:

Well said my Biafran brother. Fraternal greetings from Cross River. Biafra we stand!

Who send you?
Re: Buhari Will Probe Jonathan’s Govt Only; Not Obasanjo’s, Others – Presidency by Elvis506(m): 10:35am On Jul 23, 2015
Utchgirl:
PMB does nt want 2 extend his hands 2 d far past administrations because he knw it wil definately touch his special adviser - Obj and most of his northern brodas.

Probe GEJ and those dt work under him ,no prblm bt make sure u r doing dt witout fear or favour.

exactly..
Re: Buhari Will Probe Jonathan’s Govt Only; Not Obasanjo’s, Others – Presidency by Bants(m): 10:36am On Jul 23, 2015
This man is a punk why probe one regime and the leave the other regimes
Re: Buhari Will Probe Jonathan’s Govt Only; Not Obasanjo’s, Others – Presidency by gragraboy: 10:37am On Jul 23, 2015
Flets:
Then I can comfortably tell Buhari that his government have outrightly failed if this news is true.

I've come to agree that politicians have over estimated the gullibility of Nigeria.
do you know the time and resources it will take to probe all those people? So he should not do other things again but to start probing everybody and ignore economy, security etc.....i think it is not witch hunting because so far most of the people I'm seeing arrested by EFCC are northerners. If Dasuki was an igbo man now there would have been drama.
Re: Buhari Will Probe Jonathan’s Govt Only; Not Obasanjo’s, Others – Presidency by eaglechild: 10:38am On Jul 23, 2015
ogodomi:

Buhari can not handover to Igbo man, because most Igbo are not APC. The only man that is in APC d Igbo's hate him and u people don't want him as President. Okorocha
Ngige is APC along with many others.

You may find it hard to believe but Rochas is doing a terrible job at governing Imo state and will do worse if left to govern Nigeria.
Re: Buhari Will Probe Jonathan’s Govt Only; Not Obasanjo’s, Others – Presidency by Jetjacky(m): 10:41am On Jul 23, 2015
zeal22:
The guy above me is using 15G network!
lol
Re: Buhari Will Probe Jonathan’s Govt Only; Not Obasanjo’s, Others – Presidency by Nobody: 10:42am On Jul 23, 2015
EUROBOMBER:

the bolded is so freaking true,...the north owns our oil more than we niger deltans...we rant rant and rant but at the end of it all we just enjoy the spillage with some stipend while the northerner enjoys the proceeds...how foolish my own people have become...thats is why we need to wake up and do what is right..
Re: Buhari Will Probe Jonathan’s Govt Only; Not Obasanjo’s, Others – Presidency by shaqhead: 10:43am On Jul 23, 2015
jcmaiah:
Like they do anything with the probe? We all know APC has no guts! The north should focus o because anarchy dey for air o!
Abegi..wc anarchy?
Ddnt u folks said heaven and earth wl fall if GEJ gets booted...what happened?

Graveyard silence!

Concernin GEJ not givin a damn about a probe...hope u wont shout "WitchHunting" when EFCc comes knockin!

If evry succesive govt had witchHunted d previous one we wont b in ds mess we find ourselves.
If u have nothing to hide, y shout "witchhunting" when u are asked wats in ur pocket?

1 Like

Re: Buhari Will Probe Jonathan’s Govt Only; Not Obasanjo’s, Others – Presidency by obialinaeze(m): 10:45am On Jul 23, 2015
Re: Buhari Will Probe Jonathan’s Govt Only; Not Obasanjo’s, Others – Presidency by ekwujuru: 10:45am On Jul 23, 2015
[quote author=midolian post=36176154]Call it witch-hunting, baba don't bloody care. No one stopped jonathan from probing obasanjo's, and obasanjo from probing Abdulsalam's. They chose not to, probably because they see Nigeria as a "come and chop" restaurant.[/qu
blind people what is the different btwn obasonjo government and Good luck tribalism will kill all of just bios Good luck did not allow obj all his wish that is why we heard them weather you like it o not they are father and son till tomorrow. its only oil war what about other resources God bless this nation with Good luck and many northern ministers chop oil money how many tin cotton coco agricultural products we waist money on fert erlizer can they give account of
Re: Buhari Will Probe Jonathan’s Govt Only; Not Obasanjo’s, Others – Presidency by shaqhead: 10:45am On Jul 23, 2015
gragraboy:
do you know the time and resources it will take to probe all those people? So he should not do other things again but to start probing everybody and ignore economy, security etc.....i think it is witch hunting because so far most of the people I'm seeing arrested by EFCC are northerners. If Dasuki was an igbo man now there would have been drama.
Abi o...my broda!
Re: Buhari Will Probe Jonathan’s Govt Only; Not Obasanjo’s, Others – Presidency by boujaye: 10:45am On Jul 23, 2015
dadaojames:

www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/187120-buhari-will-probe-jonathans-govt-only-not-obasanjos-others-presidency.html?utm_source=&utm_medium=twitter

Why when it comes to issues of protocol and trivial matters, Buhari and his aides would always want to imitate US (always quoting US as their term of reference), but they never imitate US in any other aspect: NASS salaries, power, infrastructures, education, health etc. Big bigots.
Re: Buhari Will Probe Jonathan’s Govt Only; Not Obasanjo’s, Others – Presidency by erinalex: 10:46am On Jul 23, 2015
Guyman02:
He doesnt want former Northern leaders to be indicted and expose how they got their Oyel Blocks in the Niger Delta.
then what stops gej from exposing them when he was the president? Answer the question before u start abusing me. Why did gej failed to indict & expose the northern leaders while in office as the C-in-C

1 Like

Re: Buhari Will Probe Jonathan’s Govt Only; Not Obasanjo’s, Others – Presidency by dhorlipizzu(m): 10:50am On Jul 23, 2015
EUROBOMBER:

Bingo!!! You sp*t sh*t... handover to an igbo man because? bingo go do more research

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Will Probe Jonathan’s Govt Only; Not Obasanjo’s, Others – Presidency by Nobody: 10:53am On Jul 23, 2015
Firefire:
Buhari & APC scammed Nigerians with their corruption campaign.

You see now?

Tinubu will not return Lagos loot

Atiku will go free

OBJ the king of corruption will be a free man

It cannot happen, walahi

When it happens. Enter 3rd mainland bridge water. Nobody stopped GEJ from probing the past adms. He granted it OK and moved on. If PMB probes GEJ and OBJ tenure, pple wld still complain that he left his northern bothers. An average joes needs ain't satiable. He must probe the very last administration with fairness

The next administration wld definitely probe him. If GEJ was indeed clean, why are tanoids scared? So you expect him to probe all 4 years long then strike back at him again.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Will Probe Jonathan’s Govt Only; Not Obasanjo’s, Others – Presidency by pasol4real(m): 10:53am On Jul 23, 2015
StOla:

Do you admit now that Jonathan was an irresponsible president?

Why are you debating about regimes that Jonathan already approved of their actions and records he took over?
Are u now saying dat since ibb,obj n abdusalami were not probed their tenures were not corrupt?
Re: Buhari Will Probe Jonathan’s Govt Only; Not Obasanjo’s, Others – Presidency by tunde1200(m): 10:55am On Jul 23, 2015
is that necessary is this topics?

EUROBOMBER:

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Shekau Fatally Injured As Army Kills Boko Haram Commanders In Sambisa / FFK: After Wetting His Bed, Short Man Devil Shed Tears / DSS Withdraws Personnel Attached To Governor Adeleke

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 100
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.