Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,144 members, 7,815,011 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:40 AM

Buhari Will Probe Jonathan’s Govt Only; Not Obasanjo’s, Others – Presidency - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Will Probe Jonathan’s Govt Only; Not Obasanjo’s, Others – Presidency (40880 Views)

Corruption: BUHARI gives EFCC Go Ahead to Probe JONATHAN / Why We Can’t Recover Funds Looted By Alison-madueke, Others — Presidency / Buhari Will Probe Jonathan’s Govt Only; Not Obasanjo’s, Others – Presidency (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari Will Probe Jonathan’s Govt Only; Not Obasanjo’s, Others – Presidency by tunde1200(m): 10:56am On Jul 23, 2015
kai you wicked grin grin grin

dhorlipizzu:

Bingo!!! You sp*t sh*t... handover to an igbo man because? bingo go do more research
Re: Buhari Will Probe Jonathan’s Govt Only; Not Obasanjo’s, Others – Presidency by rotexxe(m): 11:00am On Jul 23, 2015
@ EUROBOMBER! I wish u can read. My response to ur write up.
Igbos are not too big to be ignored, nor did I implied dt igbos are small, however, I just think perhaps, the igbos have hardly made good political calculation, hence, has consequently isolated the igbos.

Regards
Re: Buhari Will Probe Jonathan’s Govt Only; Not Obasanjo’s, Others – Presidency by hasolalata: 11:01am On Jul 23, 2015
[color=#990000][/color]
EUROBOMBER:
I have carefully analysed recent events and taken time to study a lot of what happened before during and after the Biafran war.

The truth is that if the Igbos succeed in pulling out of Nigeria, the Niger Delta might not completely be part of the new country but they will definitely also seek to be on their own and manage their resources. This would effectively leave only thge SW and the North in Nigeria. If it turns out this way, the Yorubas most likely would also gently ask to be left to be on their own. At the end of it all, we go our separate ways.

Let me quickly add here that Igbo land is much bigger than the Nigerian politically defined SE. Should Nigeria break today, all Igbo-speaking parts of the SS will be part of our new country. The Igbos will force no tribe to be part of us, we will accept those that want to stay with us and those that don't want to be with us will be free to stand on their own or join any other groups they so wish. I am saying this loud and clear so that some people will not come here and start shouting, "We are not part of your Biafra, leave us alone, leave our oil alone."

The Igbos can do very well without oil. There are many countries in the world without oil and are doing very fine. Germany is the most powerful economy in Europe today and they don't have a cup of crude oil there. Israel moved into a desert and converted it into a country very comfortable for habitation. The list is endless. Recent trends have also shown that oil is becoming worthless by the day. What really matters for a nation to be great is the quality of human resources available.

For the parts of the SS that would choose to be part of the new country, we can accept to run a regional system of government between the core Igbo states and parts of the Niger Delta. We can even accept a solution such that both regions would take 80% of revenue accrued within the regions and contribute 20% to the center. This the Niger Delta can never get in this present Nigeria.

For those people from the SS always shouting leave our oyel, I want to tell you that the Northerners are already drinking your oil and have even become drunk on it. You are shouting at Igbos to leave your oyel whereas Northerners are taking the same oil from under your nose and you can do nothing. How myopic and sentimental can some people be?

On a closing note, I believe in one Nigeria but one where there is justice, fairness & equity. For me, Buhari should hand over to an Igbo man if Igbos are truly part of Nigeria. We are part of the big three and too big to be ignored.

Jst listen to ur self...how did d money that brought abt d oil came?u don't even knw that d north was d back bone of naija b4 oil was found?n y did u tink d white men left naija in d hands of d north?..u igbos should never b trusted..d igbos were responsible for d 1st coupe in naija just bcus u wanted pawer killing all d good leaders of naija..u re here saying nonsense..
Re: Buhari Will Probe Jonathan’s Govt Only; Not Obasanjo’s, Others – Presidency by Nobody: 11:04am On Jul 23, 2015
He who goes to equity must come with clean hand. Probing only GEJ is witch hunt & injustice of d highest order. How can you not probe IBB OBJ & many northern Monkeys & baboon, dat laid d foundation of corruption & looted billions of naira in d Zoological Repulblic, no is unacceptable. Baba Go slow we are yawning 4 change, bt is no wai 2 b found.
Re: Buhari Will Probe Jonathan’s Govt Only; Not Obasanjo’s, Others – Presidency by carboblanko(m): 11:08am On Jul 23, 2015
opaflon:
You only probe your immediate predecessor, thus it was GEJ responsibility to probe obasanjo, but since he didn't thats his problem.
so PMB knock yourself out.
Just make sure GEJ doesn't get any special treatment while in prison.
You are spot on here. Why should PMB probe the OBJ administration? Why didn't GEj do that? Besides PMB has to look into all these allegations of irregularities in the immedite past regime. Or do they want him to sweep under the carpet? We Nigerians also want to know how things got this bad in order to avoid making the same mistakes in the future.
Re: Buhari Will Probe Jonathan’s Govt Only; Not Obasanjo’s, Others – Presidency by Nobody: 11:09am On Jul 23, 2015
samento:
Tell them to start the bombing. You will soon realise that this is not Jonathan's regime. That the mantle of leadership has been handed over to more responsible and responsive leader.

You people and empty chest beating!!! That is how you people said Buhari would destroy boko haram in two weeks because he was a General and also defeated maistastine finally what is happening today.
Re: Buhari Will Probe Jonathan’s Govt Only; Not Obasanjo’s, Others – Presidency by ekefre4(m): 11:09am On Jul 23, 2015
EUROBOMBER:
I have carefully analysed recent events and taken time to study a lot of what happened before during and after the Biafran war.

The truth is that if the Igbos succeed in pulling out of Nigeria, the Niger Delta might not completely be part of the new country but they will definitely also seek to be on their own and manage their resources. This would effectively leave only the SW and the North in Nigeria. If it turns out this way, the Yorubas most likely would also gently ask to be left to be on their own. At the end of it all, we go our separate ways.

Let me quickly add here that Igbo land is much bigger than the Nigerian politically defined SE. Should Nigeria break today, all Igbo-speaking parts of the SS will be part of our new country. The Igbos will force no tribe to be part of us, we will accept those that want to stay with us and those that don't want to be with us will be free to stand on their own or join any other groups they so wish. I am saying this loud and clear so that some people will not come here and start shouting, "We are not part of your Biafra, leave us alone, leave our oil alone."

The Igbos can do very well without oil. There are many countries in the world without oil and are doing very fine. Germany is the most powerful economy in Europe today and they don't have a cup of crude oil there. Israel moved into a desert and converted it into a country very comfortable for habitation. The list is endless. Recent trends have also shown that oil is becoming worthless by the day. What really matters for a nation to be great is the quality of human resources available.

For the parts of the SS that would choose to be part of the new country, we can accept to run a regional system of government between the core Igbo states and parts of the Niger Delta. We can even accept a solution such that both regions would take 80% of revenue accrued within the regions and contribute 20% to the center. This the Niger Delta can never get in this present Nigeria.

For those people from the SS always shouting leave our oyel, I want to tell you that the Northerners are already drinking your oil and have even become drunk on it. You are shouting at Igbos to leave your oyel whereas Northerners are taking the same oil from under your nose and you can do nothing. How myopic and sentimental can some people be?

On a closing note, I believe in one Nigeria but one where there is justice, fairness & equity. For me, Buhari should hand over to an Igbo man if Igbos are truly part of Nigeria. We are part of the big three and too big to be ignored.
Jst listen 2 urself
Re: Buhari Will Probe Jonathan’s Govt Only; Not Obasanjo’s, Others – Presidency by Nobody: 11:12am On Jul 23, 2015
DankemzI:
G
For Goat undecided
Re: Buhari Will Probe Jonathan’s Govt Only; Not Obasanjo’s, Others – Presidency by Nobody: 11:12am On Jul 23, 2015
rotexxe:
@ EUROBOMBER! I wish u can read. My response to ur write up.
Igbos are not too big to be ignored, nor did I implied dt igbos are small, however, I just think perhaps, the igbos have hardly made good political calculation, hence, has consequently isolated the igbos.

Regards

Which good political calculations did the yorubas do that gave them the presidency?

Obasanjo in 1979 got to power by luck after Mohamed's assasination.20 years later he was returned to the presidency by the north(against the wish of majority yorubas) so whither the so-called yoruba political sophistication

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Will Probe Jonathan’s Govt Only; Not Obasanjo’s, Others – Presidency by YakubuA: 11:16am On Jul 23, 2015
EUROBOMBER:

The truth is that if the Igbos succeed in pulling out of Nigeria, the Niger Delta might not completely be part of the new country but they will definitely also seek to be on their own and manage their resources. This would effectively leave only the SW and the North in Nigeria. If it turns out this way, the Yorubas most likely would also gently ask to be left to be on their own. At the end of it all, we go our separate ways.

There is no harm in campaigning towards achieving your objective.

Is this meant to incite the Niger Deltans against the Northerners? May be that is the intention otherwise even if your accusation is true what is the percentage of those people compared to the entire population of the North? Less than 0.001% and because of that you want to incite the SS against the North? What kind of political strategy is this? or should I say hate campaign?

No. Actually justice, fairness and equity warrant that Buhari should handover to anyone from any part of the country that win the election. And if you want that person to be an Igbo, which by the way I have no objection against, then you should rather campaign for him/her across the whole country. However I must tell you the truth that by the end of Buhari's tenure we are going to vote for a Yoruba man not because we hate Igbo or anyone but because the hate campaign against the North by your people has turned the entire North politically against you.

There is nothing wrong for us to disagree on any issue but when you continue to curse and abuse us and inciting other regions against us, as we see in the social media, thinking that we will give in to your threat and blackmail then we will show you our stand on the polling day.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Will Probe Jonathan’s Govt Only; Not Obasanjo’s, Others – Presidency by agurza(f): 11:18am On Jul 23, 2015
U can take your Biafran dream for all we care, it with armed rubbers, baby factories here and there that you intend to have a Biafra that is like Germany. Note that Nigeria is even doing you a favor by allowing you to stay

1 Like

Re: Buhari Will Probe Jonathan’s Govt Only; Not Obasanjo’s, Others – Presidency by agurza(f): 11:20am On Jul 23, 2015
U can take your Biafran dream for all we care, it with armed rubbers, baby factories here and there that you intend to have a Biafra that is like Germany. Note that Nigeria is even doing you a favor by allowing you to stay. And stop that dream that an igbo will ever rule Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Buhari Will Probe Jonathan’s Govt Only; Not Obasanjo’s, Others – Presidency by Nobody: 11:20am On Jul 23, 2015
Story story. Buhari can't do anything to GEJ. Am just laughing at you guys
Re: Buhari Will Probe Jonathan’s Govt Only; Not Obasanjo’s, Others – Presidency by pussygotlips: 11:22am On Jul 23, 2015
EUROBOMBER:

trash,

igbos land belongs to Nigeria,
if you people are not happy living in it
you can relocate to your self proclaimed Jewish land.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Will Probe Jonathan’s Govt Only; Not Obasanjo’s, Others – Presidency by free13: 11:23am On Jul 23, 2015
Hmm..
Re: Buhari Will Probe Jonathan’s Govt Only; Not Obasanjo’s, Others – Presidency by StOla: 11:23am On Jul 23, 2015
pasol4real:

Are u now saying dat since ibb,obj n abdusalami were not probed their tenures were not corrupt?

That is the question we should as the respective successors of each person you've mentioned.

Buhari is responsible enough to probe his own successor. Probe or not, their crimes will be revealed and prosecution will commence.
Re: Buhari Will Probe Jonathan’s Govt Only; Not Obasanjo’s, Others – Presidency by logica(m): 11:24am On Jul 23, 2015
YakubuA:

However I must tell you the truth that by the end of Buhari's tenure we are going to vote for a Yoruba man not because we hate Igbo or anyone but because the hate campaign against the North by your people has turned the entire North politically against you.

There is nothing wrong for us to disagree on any issue but when you continue to curse and abuse us and inciting other regions against us, as we see in the social media, thinking that we will give in to your threat and blackmail then we will show you our stand on the polling day.
Beautiful. I hope the bush Igbos creating problems for Ndigbo are reading this. You cannot antagonize people and then when they return the favor you start crying. Grow up. You get what you give.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Will Probe Jonathan’s Govt Only; Not Obasanjo’s, Others – Presidency by derecho(m): 11:25am On Jul 23, 2015
ollah1:

If GEJ was indeed clean, why are tanoids scared? So you expect him to probe all 4 years long then strike back at him again.
So anyone who demands for justice is a tanoid?I doubt if GEJ is scared of PMB.Do you think he doesn't have a file on Buhari?
Back to ur second question, what's the wisdom starting what you will not finish?
Do you think a thorough probe of GEJ's government will not indict OBJ or ABDUSalam?
Bros all people, call them tanoids if you like, are saying is probe all and refund the monies to Nigeria.
Re: Buhari Will Probe Jonathan’s Govt Only; Not Obasanjo’s, Others – Presidency by anyaekekehinde(m): 11:25am On Jul 23, 2015
StOla:

How can anyone award himself a pass mark?

If GEJ did not deem it responsible to probe those he took over from, how is that Buhari's headache?

If his supporters have any shame they would do their best not to make their principal look more daft and utterly irresponsible as the whole world know him to be.

Buhari will probe the regime that handed over to him. Jonathan would learn to do his own job in his next life.

which rule has it that buhari should probe only the last regime that handed over to him?. None
which rule also has it that buhari should probe other past regime? ...none

If he is probing Jonathan alone, he is doing it based on personal sentiment not based on logic..

Now, I want to ask you sincerely, will probing only Jonathan's regime curb corruption in Nigeria ?

Can you honestly say that only Jonathan is corrupt among all our politicians?.

when JJR in Ghana wanted to carry Justice, did he select his immediate successor or it included all corrupt politician in ghana ?.

There is nothing that destroys a Nation more than Selective Justice, if justice must be done, it has to be thorough.

of what use is justice when out of 5 criminals, only 1 is being brought to book and the others are roaming the street happily

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Will Probe Jonathan’s Govt Only; Not Obasanjo’s, Others – Presidency by kingslly(m): 11:34am On Jul 23, 2015
Flets:
Then I can comfortably tell Buhari that his government have outrightly failed if this news is true.

I've come to agree that politicians have over estimated the gullibility of Nigeria.
Actually Nigerians are so Gullible,we dont even know what we want. Dis man wouldnt have gotten there ind first place if not for our Gullible nature angry
Re: Buhari Will Probe Jonathan’s Govt Only; Not Obasanjo’s, Others – Presidency by anyaekekehinde(m): 11:35am On Jul 23, 2015
shegebanti:

Thank u my brother, tell them d truth, Pmb shld hand over power to an igbo man? We are finish den, u wnt to give power to number 1 thieves sorri 4 9ija if d dnt sell dis country.

I always like to know, what makes them number 1 thieves ?

have they ruled this country befor and stolen money excessively ?

what of the region that has produced most president since 1960, are they not thieves, abdulsalam, abacha, IBB, are they igbos ?

1 Like

Re: Buhari Will Probe Jonathan’s Govt Only; Not Obasanjo’s, Others – Presidency by 49cents(m): 11:35am On Jul 23, 2015
abouzaid:
God bless you, but if buhari should handover to an igbo man, he would likely handover to rochas okorocha whose mother is a fulani from the sokoto ruling family and is well known to be atleast a marginal Muslim. he had built many mosques in the north and his first if not only completed project was to build a mosque at the imo state government house even though no government official there is a Muslim. his candidacy would be rejected by the igbo but the north and southwest would push him through using underaged almajiri voters if not outrightly rigging it. the old eastern and Midwest region have no future in Nigeria, the war was fought for oil and it's d only thing that is holding this nation together.

rochas is our kith and kin and we know him too well

personally i hate people who who are conmen

rocahs is not a liberalist or nationalist

he is a man who has excessive self belief and feels he iis wiser than everyone else

uet his wisdonm is not empowering anyone in imo except his family and ilaw who make up his government

he wants to be president through calculated gestures rather than through character

i what should be key for every nigerian is a just countrty where every region is given its due and allowd to develop at its pace

an igbo presidency, like the yoruba presidency of obasanjo will not improve the lot of anyone from the ruling region

even with northerners in the government now,,,,,,,,,,,,,,it doesnt improve the concrete well being of the lowly hausa man nor that of his family

what we should agitate fpr is is re_structured country where justice and equity hold supreme

1 Like

Re: Buhari Will Probe Jonathan’s Govt Only; Not Obasanjo’s, Others – Presidency by Icecomrade: 11:37am On Jul 23, 2015
I960 Tafawa Balewa " We shall build a Nigeria free from the extortion of the west.

1964" Tafawa Balewa" We shall fight corruption.

1966 Aguiyi Ironsi We shall fight corruption and Inpunity"

1966 Gowon" We shall fight corruption and inpunity.

1975 General Murtala " We shall fight corruption and Inpunity.

1976. Obasanjo" We shall fight corruption and inpunity"

1979 "Shehu Shagari" We shall protect our system from corruption to promote growth...."

1983 Buhari " We shall fight corruption and inpunity. Restore discipline and sanity in our system.

1985" Babangida " We shall fight corruption and abuse of office"

1993" Abacha" We shall fight corruption in our system"

1999 Obasanjo " We shall fight corruption, inpunity and abuse of civil rights and public offices"

2007. Yar-adua "We shall fight corruption in our system"

2012 GEJ "Corruption is the bane to our economic growth. We shall adopt a systematic approach in our fight for corruption"

2015 Buhari "We shall fight corruption and inpunity in our system ......"

1 Like

Re: Buhari Will Probe Jonathan’s Govt Only; Not Obasanjo’s, Others – Presidency by BuddhaPalm(m): 11:37am On Jul 23, 2015
He said Mr. Buhari will not waste time in probing the administrations of former President Olusegun Obasanjo, Abdulsalam Abubakar, Sani Abacha and Ibrahim Babangida.

You must be joking...
Re: Buhari Will Probe Jonathan’s Govt Only; Not Obasanjo’s, Others – Presidency by logica(m): 11:40am On Jul 23, 2015
chukwudi44:

Which good political calculations did the yorubas do that gave them the presidency?

Obasanjo in 1979 got to power by luck after Mohamed's assasination.20 years later he was returned to the presidency by the north(against the wish of majority yorubas) so whither the so-called yoruba political sophistication
I don't quite expect you to see the sophistication (it takes sophistication to even know what sophistication is about; game recognize game).

When MKO's win was annulled in 1993 the country was unstable and your people were gloating expecting a war. Well, the Yorubas played the diplomacy game to the tee. Eventually, MKO was murdered in jail, but the other one whom they couldn't get (Obasanjo) emerged the president in 1999. This was achieved without the loss of millions of Yoruba souls. And guess what, even though Obasanjo due to his antecedence was not the preferred Yoruba candidate, he ended up surprising the Yorubas because he tamed the North and the Nigerian Army. He was no longer anybody's puppet. If you can achieve this level of sophistication, you will be dancing in the streets. smiley

1 Like

Re: Buhari Will Probe Jonathan’s Govt Only; Not Obasanjo’s, Others – Presidency by Billygee2u: 11:40am On Jul 23, 2015
Buhari dear not try this,else,he will see how the expired nation Nigeria will crumble over night.
Re: Buhari Will Probe Jonathan’s Govt Only; Not Obasanjo’s, Others – Presidency by sweetgala(m): 11:46am On Jul 23, 2015
Forwetinnah:

Yes..because OBJ and Abdulsalam are CIA snitches in Africa for the West. Their day will come

OBJ is definitely in collusion with CIA that is for sure, he was Jimmy Carter's right hand man in Africa , he sold Charles Taylor out not saying charlie boy was an angel, I don't know why I feel he was complacent in the murder of Thomas Sankara.

Abdulsalam is probably in the relationship for protection dare I say that the only military leaders the CIA and MI5 have not been able to buy would be Abacha(for obvious reasons), Buhari , Gowon, Ironsi

1 Like

Re: Buhari Will Probe Jonathan’s Govt Only; Not Obasanjo’s, Others – Presidency by amany007: 11:48am On Jul 23, 2015
EUROBOMBER:

Good analysis there but I can deduce that you are among those with little or nothing outside the eastern part of the country and as a result have nothing to protect. Come to think of it, the East are divided among themselves and this will definitely make this secession dream unrealiseable. So I advice you

1 Like

Re: Buhari Will Probe Jonathan’s Govt Only; Not Obasanjo’s, Others – Presidency by sweetgala(m): 11:50am On Jul 23, 2015
logica:
I don't quite expect you to see the sophistication (it takes sophistication to even know what sophistication is about; game recognize game).

When MKO's win was annulled in 1993 the country was unstable and your people were gloating expecting a war. Well, the Yorubas played the diplomacy game to the tee. Eventually, MKO was murdered in jail, but the other one whom they couldn't get (Obasanjo) emerged the president in 1999. This was achieved without the loss of millions of Yoruba souls. And guess what, even though Obasanjo due to his antecedence was not the preferred Yoruba candidate, he ended up surprising the Yorubas because he tamed the North and the Nigerian Army. He was no longer anybody's puppet. If you can achieve this level of sophistication, you will be dancing in the streets. smiley

True, Obasanjo was never any African's puppet , he was always a UN and USA good ol' boy

OBJ got to be president because of Koffi Annan and co, the north was weak, heck the whole country was weak past Abacha , Abacha dare I say was the least tribalistic president Nigeria has ever had, even put the likes of Jackie boy to shame , he was all about his money and power
Re: Buhari Will Probe Jonathan’s Govt Only; Not Obasanjo’s, Others – Presidency by Nobody: 11:52am On Jul 23, 2015
anyaekekehinde:

I always like to know, what makes them number 1 thieves ?

have they ruled this country befor and stolen money excessively ?

what of the region that has produced most president since 1960, are they not thieves, abdulsalam, abacha, IBB, are they igbos ?

U shld knw igbos can be trusted because they are wost thieves than others, shey we cld stand previous thieves, but igbo thieves 9ija wld be the end. U knw wen u reach d end of a movie its called d end, so igbo will end 9ija nd thr wnt be next episode. Igbos wey thr eye dey chuck 4 anythn money. Everybody like money but thrs is like a cause.
Re: Buhari Will Probe Jonathan’s Govt Only; Not Obasanjo’s, Others – Presidency by anyaekekehinde(m): 11:57am On Jul 23, 2015
shegebanti:

U shld knw igbos can be trusted because they are wost thieves than others, shey we cld stand previous thieves, but igbo thieves 9ija wld be the end. U knw wen u reach d end of a movie its called d end, so igbo will end 9ija nd thr wnt be next episode. Igbos wey thr eye dey chuck 4 anythn money. Everybody like money but thrs is like a cause.

you have not answered my question, what makes igbo greatest thieves?... no igbo man has stolen the amount of money all these IBB and abacha have stolen befor, so what makes them the "GREATEST" thieves

1 Like

Re: Buhari Will Probe Jonathan’s Govt Only; Not Obasanjo’s, Others – Presidency by Nobody: 11:58am On Jul 23, 2015
Billygee2u:
Buhari dear not try this,else,he will see how the expired nation Nigeria will crumble over night.

There is noting ur grate ancestor can do abt dat not even ur up coming 10th generation, so find smthing else to do nd shut ur dirty gutters.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Victor Umeh Caught On Camera Mocking Soludo During APGA Anambra Primary Election / Tinubu Walks A Marathon In Mecca while Performing Lesser Hajj Rituals / Eze Chikamnayo: Facebook Post Haunt Abia TC Chairman Nominee During Screening

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 105
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.