Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,762 members, 7,817,105 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:51 AM

9 Habits Of A True Gentleman That Make Women Melt - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / 9 Habits Of A True Gentleman That Make Women Melt (6347 Views)

3 Things That Make Women Addicted To You Like Crack NO 3 Is Very Important / 8 Ways To Know That You've Found A True Gentleman. / Five Things Guys Have Been Using To Melt Ladies Heart (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

9 Habits Of A True Gentleman That Make Women Melt by devonpaul(m): 11:24am On Jul 24, 2015
In a world filled with late-night booty calls, infidelity and a general “hit it and split it” mentality, it’s easy to become jaded by today’s dating scene.

As women, we brace ourselves for the worst, proceeding with extreme caution during the first few months, for fear of falling victim to the aforementioned debauchery in which so many men partake.

It’s a welcome relief, then, when we stumble upon those few true gentlemen. They exude chivalry with even their smallest actions, and remind us that there are still good ones out there.

It doesn’t take a grand gesture or costly display of affection to win a girl over. Often, it just takes a little sincerity and display of genuine romantic interest.

Despite popular opinion, chivalry is not dead — here are 9 everyday gestures of men that prove it:

1. Opening doors

A guy who takes the time to come around and open the car door for you is a keeper, not to mention a commodity this winter.

With certain states getting up to five inches of snow an hour, do you want to be left standing outside in a blizzard while your date gets nice and toasty in the driver’s seat?

Recognize and appreciate a guy who puts your comfort and well-being first, even if it’s just for a few extra seconds.

2. Saving the last bite of food

They say the way to a man’s heart is through his stomach. So, when he saves the last bite for you, it’s basically him saying he likes you more than whatever meal is in front of him. Which, for the record, is a lot.

3. Spending time with your family

A guy who shows an interest in your baby photos, coaches your little brother on how to throw a football and compliments your mother’s cooking is a guy who’s in it for the long haul. These are small gestures, but they speak volumes about his intentions.

4. Suffering through a girly movie

When a man volunteers to endure a girly show or movie because he knows you’ll enjoy it, he earns major bonus points. (Even more if he does so without complaining or expecting something in return.)

5. Sending flowers

I’m not talking about the $100 bouquet you get on Valentine’s Day. I’m talking about the grocery store assortment he picked up on a random Tuesday while thinking of you. There’s just something about unexpected flowers that makes a girl smile.

6. Walking on the outside of the sidewalk

The first time someone does this, you will probably be confused. But then you’ll start to question how come other men in your life have never been concerned about positioning themselves in such a way that you’d be protected should curbside tragedy strike.

It’s not a must, but it’s certainly nice to have.

7. Kissing your forehead

Sure, if you’re hoping to date someone and he does this, it can be a dreaded sign of sibling-like affection.

But, if you’re in a long-term relationship and your guy does this, it’s a small gesture that can make you feel adored.

8. Filling up your gas tank

Much like walking on the outside of a sidewalk, this gesture will probably surprise you the first time it’s performed.

It’s indicative of a man who was raised right and is generally courteous, which is always a welcome surprise.

9. Putting your jacket on

Women are fully capable of putting their own jackets on, but it’s not a question of ability. It’s gentlemanly and kind for someone to hold out your jacket for you or offer you theirs when it’s cold.

These are little ways men show they care, the same way women have instincts to nurture and protect loved ones.

Chivalry is not dead; men can be everyday knights in shining armor. You just have to learn to spot the subtle, more meaningful gestures.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 9 Habits Of A True Gentleman That Make Women Melt by Nobody: 11:25am On Jul 24, 2015
Gentlemen are mumus then. cheesy

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 9 Habits Of A True Gentleman That Make Women Melt by dyttt: 11:28am On Jul 24, 2015
ehn?
Re: 9 Habits Of A True Gentleman That Make Women Melt by Nobody: 11:30am On Jul 24, 2015
Nice!my guys is a perfect gentleman cheesy

2 Likes

Re: 9 Habits Of A True Gentleman That Make Women Melt by jamex93(m): 11:32am On Jul 24, 2015
person wey Neva belle full no fit leave the last bite of food oo

I know say I go get supporters for this one

6 Likes

Re: 9 Habits Of A True Gentleman That Make Women Melt by Phikom(m): 11:39am On Jul 24, 2015
gentleman my foot!...
Re: 9 Habits Of A True Gentleman That Make Women Melt by BuddhaPalm(m): 11:41am On Jul 24, 2015
SAUCE pls...
Re: 9 Habits Of A True Gentleman That Make Women Melt by OKNkanu(m): 11:48am On Jul 24, 2015
God forbid no.4 angry ......... and no.2 grin
Re: 9 Habits Of A True Gentleman That Make Women Melt by Lanceslot(m): 11:54am On Jul 24, 2015
OKNkanu:
God forbid no.4 angry ......... and no.2 grin
Now Playing........ I no be gentleman_ Fela
Re: 9 Habits Of A True Gentleman That Make Women Melt by sarmiie(m): 11:55am On Jul 24, 2015
So long as he doesn't drool while doing these........
Re: 9 Habits Of A True Gentleman That Make Women Melt by devonpaul(m): 12:00pm On Jul 24, 2015
See them, see dem.. Un-Nice guys

1 Like

Re: 9 Habits Of A True Gentleman That Make Women Melt by Oahray: 12:08pm On Jul 24, 2015
sarmiie:
So long as he doesn't drool while doing these........
I actually imagined this. Mean imagery grin grin
Re: 9 Habits Of A True Gentleman That Make Women Melt by uzimi: 12:09pm On Jul 24, 2015
Doing all these does not nece ssarily mean he cares or have interest.
Most time for a purpose, when that is not achieve, he grows wild and fury.
We guys know our ways. Most time some that does not gets better.
The most important thing in any relationship is understanding, sincerity, trust and you see love emerge.
Don't be deceived with those gestures, as a lady or girl have a good moral and he the best.
Mr A can never be like Mr B that doesn't make them not good enough.

2 Likes

Re: 9 Habits Of A True Gentleman That Make Women Melt by Nobody: 12:09pm On Jul 24, 2015
Your points are "oyinbo" version, you are in Nigeria .

3 Likes

Re: 9 Habits Of A True Gentleman That Make Women Melt by Idydarling(f): 12:16pm On Jul 24, 2015
BuddhaPalm:
SAUCE pls...
it's "SOURCE"
Re: 9 Habits Of A True Gentleman That Make Women Melt by Ephemmm: 12:18pm On Jul 24, 2015
Teempakguy:

Honestly. The worst side of all these is that women will never appreciate those guys: a bad guy who refuses to do all these will melt their heart even more.

5 Likes

Re: 9 Habits Of A True Gentleman That Make Women Melt by sarmiie(m): 12:20pm On Jul 24, 2015
Oahray:
I actually imagined this. Mean imagery grin grin

Lol........
Re: 9 Habits Of A True Gentleman That Make Women Melt by BuddhaPalm(m): 12:20pm On Jul 24, 2015
Idydarling:

it's "SOURCE"

How dare you!

Didn't you go to school?

It's SAUCE tongue

1 Like

Re: 9 Habits Of A True Gentleman That Make Women Melt by devonpaul(m): 2:20pm On Jul 24, 2015
Ephemmm:

Honestly. The worst side of all these is that women will never appreciate those guys: a bad guy who refuses to do all these will melt their heart even more.
Dats a lie bro.. Bad guys only melts undergraduate students heart, girls less dan 24. Matured girls appreciate this things and those are my point of contact and references. Not some jambites or tertiary institution girls dat wants a relationship because they friends are getting some

1 Like

Re: 9 Habits Of A True Gentleman That Make Women Melt by devonpaul(m): 2:23pm On Jul 24, 2015
Idydarling:

it's "SOURCE"
Socks
Re: 9 Habits Of A True Gentleman That Make Women Melt by devonpaul(m): 2:29pm On Jul 24, 2015
tunnamania11:
Your points are "oyinbo" version, you are in Nigeria .
My points are human version. This is how a humanely male human should behave towards a lady she loves. Women deserves all d caring and affection. They are fragile human beings. Treat dem as such. There s no such thing as naija version

1 Like

Re: 9 Habits Of A True Gentleman That Make Women Melt by octopusfreaky(f): 2:36pm On Jul 24, 2015
[size=16pt]no 4 though,,dose stubborn guys I know will not for once agree ,,you must either watch football or nothing else,,[/size]

1 Like

Re: 9 Habits Of A True Gentleman That Make Women Melt by devonpaul(m): 3:26pm On Jul 24, 2015
octopusfreaky:
[size=16pt]no 4 though,,dose stubborn guys I know will not for once agree ,,you must either watch football or nothing else,,[/size]
thats childish of anyone who does that.. selfish too

1 Like

Re: 9 Habits Of A True Gentleman That Make Women Melt by Nobody: 3:37pm On Jul 24, 2015
I'm still waiting for that "gentleman"............cry

1 Like

Re: 9 Habits Of A True Gentleman That Make Women Melt by devonpaul(m): 3:51pm On Jul 24, 2015
adeh39:
I'm still waiting for that "gentleman"............cry
Kpele o

1 Like

Re: 9 Habits Of A True Gentleman That Make Women Melt by Nobody: 3:52pm On Jul 24, 2015
devonpaul:

Kpele o

Thanks cry cry
Re: 9 Habits Of A True Gentleman That Make Women Melt by devonpaul(m): 3:58pm On Jul 24, 2015
adeh39:

Thanks cry cry
stop shedding tears in my quote jare ade.. plenty guys dey dz thread, check for d one with d more mature comments and make dat move bae.. stop waiting for him to make d move. na girl like u propose to her Boify for Lagos yesternight.. be bold too daughter grin

1 Like

Re: 9 Habits Of A True Gentleman That Make Women Melt by gracile(f): 4:04pm On Jul 24, 2015
Teempakguy:
eyah undecided dude, you have a lonnnng way!
Re: 9 Habits Of A True Gentleman That Make Women Melt by Nobody: 4:09pm On Jul 24, 2015
devonpaul:
In a world filled with late-night booty calls, infidelity and a general “hit it and split it” mentality, it’s easy to become jaded by today’s dating scene.

As women, we brace ourselves for the worst, proceeding with extreme caution during the first few months, for fear of falling victim to the aforementioned debauchery in which so many men partake.

It’s a welcome relief, then, when we stumble upon those few true gentlemen. They exude chivalry with even their smallest actions, and remind us that there are still good ones out there.

It doesn’t take a grand gesture or costly display of affection to win a girl over. Often, it just takes a little sincerity and display of genuine romantic interest.

Despite popular opinion, chivalry is not dead — here are 9 everyday gestures of men that prove it:

1. Opening doors

A guy who takes the time to come around and open the car door for you is a keeper, not to mention a commodity this winter.

With certain states getting up to five inches of snow an hour, do you want to be left standing outside in a blizzard while your date gets nice and toasty in the driver’s seat?

Recognize and appreciate a guy who puts your comfort and well-being first, even if it’s just for a few extra seconds.

2. Saving the last bite of food

They say the way to a man’s heart is through his stomach. So, when he saves the last bite for you, it’s basically him saying he likes you more than whatever meal is in front of him. Which, for the record, is a lot.

3. Spending time with your family

A guy who shows an interest in your baby photos, coaches your little brother on how to throw a football and compliments your mother’s cooking is a guy who’s in it for the long haul. These are small gestures, but they speak volumes about his intentions.

4. Suffering through a girly movie

When a man volunteers to endure a girly show or movie because he knows you’ll enjoy it, he earns major bonus points. (Even more if he does so without complaining or expecting something in return.)

5. Sending flowers

I’m not talking about the $100 bouquet you get on Valentine’s Day. I’m talking about the grocery store assortment he picked up on a random Tuesday while thinking of you. There’s just something about unexpected flowers that makes a girl smile.

6. Walking on the outside of the sidewalk

The first time someone does this, you will probably be confused. But then you’ll start to question how come other men in your life have never been concerned about positioning themselves in such a way that you’d be protected should curbside tragedy strike.

It’s not a must, but it’s certainly nice to have.

7. Kissing your forehead

Sure, if you’re hoping to date someone and he does this, it can be a dreaded sign of sibling-like affection.

But, if you’re in a long-term relationship and your guy does this, it’s a small gesture that can make you feel adored.

8. Filling up your gas tank

Much like walking on the outside of a sidewalk, this gesture will probably surprise you the first time it’s performed.

It’s indicative of a man who was raised right and is generally courteous, which is always a welcome surprise.

9. Putting your jacket on

Women are fully capable of putting their own jackets on, but it’s not a question of ability. It’s gentlemanly and kind for someone to hold out your jacket for you or offer you theirs when it’s cold.

These are little ways men show they care, the same way women have instincts to nurture and protect loved ones.

Chivalry is not dead; men can be everyday knights in shining armor. You just have to learn to spot the subtle, more meaningful gestures.
this does not work in naija ooo..maybe overseas.
our ladies love u when u act like a thug.na dem say dem wan date a bad boy cheesy
Re: 9 Habits Of A True Gentleman That Make Women Melt by ivyy(f): 4:15pm On Jul 24, 2015
when he cuts my meat into small chunks before I eat it, hmmmm romantic grin

2 Likes

Re: 9 Habits Of A True Gentleman That Make Women Melt by devonpaul(m): 4:18pm On Jul 24, 2015
gracile:

eyah undecided dude, you have a lonnnng way!
a real Lonng way o
Re: 9 Habits Of A True Gentleman That Make Women Melt by ElDeeVee(m): 4:23pm On Jul 24, 2015
Where is d most important part?
The one you can collect money from @ anytime undecided

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Husband Gets Wife's Snapchat Message And Decides She's Cheating - But Can You Se / Why Do Men Love Breasts? / Why Do Girls Like To Date Scammers?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.