Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,186 members, 7,822,006 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 12:56 AM

“I Will Not Marginalise Any Part Of Nigeria”- Buhari - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / “I Will Not Marginalise Any Part Of Nigeria”- Buhari (28348 Views)

I Won’t Marginalise Any Part Of The Country- President Buhari Says / No Room For Full Sharia Implementation In Nigeria – Buhari / With Cabinet, Nigeria's Buhari Puts Party Before Reforms -REUTERS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: “I Will Not Marginalise Any Part Of Nigeria”- Buhari by onatisi(m): 2:32pm On Jul 24, 2015
monex:

for me GEJ's first mistake was the indecision from trying to please everyone.
God bless u

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: “I Will Not Marginalise Any Part Of Nigeria”- Buhari by jlinkd78(m): 2:33pm On Jul 24, 2015
justanotherme:
Dr. Pauline Baker: How do you intend to approach
the Niger Delta issues with particular reference to
amnesty, bunkering and inclusive development?

Answer:

“President Buhari:
Going by election results, constituencies that gave me 97% can not in all honesty be treated, on some issues, with constituencies that gave me 5%.
I think these are political realities. While, certainly there will be justice for everybody but the people who voted, and made their votes count, they must feel the
government has appreciated the effort they put in
putting the government in place. I think this is
really fair.”

Who is fooling Who? Since the Niger Delta and South East Gave Baba go Slow 5% Vote.

Constituencies That Produce 97% of The Nations Wealth Should Be Allowed to Control Their Resources.
This ur comment is actually one of d most intelligent ones and shd v been in fp.Honestly it appears most ppl didnt listen to d video or didnt understand PMB english. There are two aspects in this issue. One is dat PMB answered off point and d second is dat even in d off point answer he exhibited clear case of vindictveness. Mrs Paulker, as a student in Nigeria for many years was disappointed that d Niger Delta issue was relegated to d bkground during this visit and pointed out to d President that this is a challenge that he was going to face. She wanted our president to tell d world how he will approach it with particular reference to amnesty (whether to continue it or abandon it), bunkering (concrete measures to curb it) and inclusive developmnt of dat region (how he is going to carry dat region along in his govt knowing fully well they never gave him bulk vote). But rather he abandoned d subject matter n went into voting pattern thus 'I hope u hv a copy of d election result (laughs). Naturally constituencies for e.g dat gave me 97% cannot in all honesty be treated on some issues with constituences dat gave me 5%. I think these are political realities'. He continued 'While dia wud be justice , eerybody will get his constitutional right, but while d party in constituency by dia sheer hardwork they made sure dt tgey got dia ppl to vote and to ensure dt dia vote count they must feel dt d govt has appreciated d effort they put in putting d govt in place. I think this is really fair in delivering'. He went on 'By d constitution no state can be excluded .......... and concluded with 'I v made undertaking dt I belong to everybody and belong to nobody. If I come clearly & show & marginalise a certain group bc they didnt vote for me then I v already contradicted myself & I am sure ppl will be too quick to pick dt against me'. PMB by not understanding d question esp d meaning of inclusive govt or devpt even after getting assist from d anchorman exposed his innermost mindset. No talk again about amnesty, oil bunkering or even how to develop d Ss/SE. Pmb has said dat it is only what d constitution guarantees like Ministers dat Niger Delta will get and all others will go only to those dat voted for him. This no doubt has been playing out in all his appointmnts so far.

4 Likes

Re: “I Will Not Marginalise Any Part Of Nigeria”- Buhari by WINDSOW(m): 2:34pm On Jul 24, 2015
kenny987:

What do u mean by sowing and reaping? Do we have just one political party in Nigeria? Why should anyone be treated differently because they made their political choices? It is a competition at election times and there must be alternatives. I haven't seen anyone criticise those that gave KOWA and other parties tge few votes they got! There must also be opposition at all times. That doesn't mean anyone should be discriminated against because we are all entitled to equal representation n rights as preserved by the constitution.

The implication of his statement is that certain regions will only get what they are constitutionally entitled to because he can't avoid it but even there he will give his 97% constituency preferential treatment! Even if that is the status quo you don't come all out to say it! That's why there's something called tact or diplomacy because this is a democracy n not military rule! This statement is heavier than he knows and soon...

U know, the civilised way of doing things is by providing balanced and forthright leadership so as to convince those who obviously oppose u that u are a better alternative and by the next polls you should see a more improved support base in areas that didn't support u before. It's certainly not by lording it over them and trying to force your supposed victory down their throats. You only prove dem right for not voting u in the first place. The APC may have the supposed majority but it is a major indictment that specific areas obviously don't believe in them.
Hello Kenny,I ask ur biography bt u av nt sent it across.Hweva,my email is windsow2000@gmail.com. I wana know u better cos am an ardent follower of u.#winks
Re: “I Will Not Marginalise Any Part Of Nigeria”- Buhari by Demdem2: 2:39pm On Jul 24, 2015
[s]
kenny987:

What do u mean by sowing and reaping? Do we have just one political party in Nigeria? Why should anyone be treated differently because they made their political choices? It is a competition at election times and there must be alternatives. I haven't seen anyone criticise those that gave KOWA and other parties tge few votes they got! There must also be opposition at all times. That doesn't mean anyone should be discriminated against because we are all entitled to equal representation n rights as preserved by the constitution.

The implication of his statement is that certain regions will only get what they are constitutionally entitled to because he can't avoid it but even there he will give his 97% constituency preferential treatment! Even if that is the status quo you don't come all out to say it! That's why there's something called tact or diplomacy because this is a democracy n not military rule! This statement is heavier than he knows and soon...

U know, the civilised way of doing things is by providing balanced and forthright leadership so as to convince those who obviously oppose u that u are a better alternative and by the next polls you should see a more improved support base in areas that didn't support u before. It's certainly not by lording it over them and trying to force your supposed victory down their throats. You only prove dem right for not voting u in the first place. The APC may have the supposed majority but it is a major indictment that specific areas obviously don't believe in them.
[/s]

Please spare me ur rants. Only a fool will expect anything special from "baba one chance"
Ur kind claim that he is a dullard yet u expect special treatment from him, are u ok?

1 Like

Re: “I Will Not Marginalise Any Part Of Nigeria”- Buhari by StOla: 2:40pm On Jul 24, 2015
amazingspiderma:

Was it cooked up by any press or poilitical affliliation.
OR you don't know the meaning of propaganda.

It wasn't.

But why were the remarks deliberately edited in the initial video determined critics of this administration put out?

Isn't it the right of Nigerians to come to their own conclusions regarding the full remarks? Must it be edited to achieve a predetermined goal of smearing a very honest yet decent response to a question?

The same critics are the ones now shouting damage control when the full video of the remarks were released.

I ask you, isn't that propaganda?

When the president says Obama did not have his full cabinet many months into his administration, and critics label the president a liar, and then present us with evidence that shows the president was right, what do you call that?

I call it blind propaganda.

1 Like

Re: “I Will Not Marginalise Any Part Of Nigeria”- Buhari by Candyrain(m): 2:40pm On Jul 24, 2015
dearpreye:
Bro, the picture picture is worrisome. And the worst is, it's the wealth form the SS that gave BUBU that shall be used to sponsor the developmental programmes of such zones like the NW, NE and NC, which contribute almost nothing to the FG! Madness.

I have the video in my phone and I couldn't believe what I heard. To tell you he knew what he had in mind, he made this statement when he was asked about his plan for Niger Delta which has over the years been neglected.

It's unfortunate that the president of a country could make this kind of statement.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: “I Will Not Marginalise Any Part Of Nigeria”- Buhari by pat077: 2:42pm On Jul 24, 2015
So our president don't know the meaning of all inclusive Govt. I think there is an urgent need to format his brain before he disgrace us more in d Committee of nations.

2 Likes

Re: “I Will Not Marginalise Any Part Of Nigeria”- Buhari by Demdem2: 2:42pm On Jul 24, 2015
[s]
ArodewilliamsT:

You remind me of the yoruba bas.tar.d i knocked out his teeth 2 decades ago. Full of hot air, not a single fibre of mental strenght. Lord help you i come across an imp like you in real life again. You'll take some hard knocks and run away screaming "mummy, Mummy". Stinking and Cowardly yoloba cretin. Naff off!
[/s]

Another chest beating ibo fool.
Re: “I Will Not Marginalise Any Part Of Nigeria”- Buhari by Nobody: 2:46pm On Jul 24, 2015
Candyrain:

I have the video in my phone and I couldn't believe what I heard. To tell you he knew what he had in mind, he made this statement when he was asked about his plan for Niger Delta which has over the years been neglected.

It's unfortunate that the president of a country could make this kind of statement.
All he said was clearly premeditated and was ever in his mind. It wasn't a mistake. Anyone who underestimates these folks up North does so at their own peril.

2 Likes

Re: “I Will Not Marginalise Any Part Of Nigeria”- Buhari by philiancoop(m): 2:49pm On Jul 24, 2015
Baba, you talk too much

1 Like

Re: “I Will Not Marginalise Any Part Of Nigeria”- Buhari by kenny987(f): 2:55pm On Jul 24, 2015
Demdem2:
[s][/s]

Please spare me ur rants. Only a fool will expect anything special from "baba one chance"
Ur kind claim that he is a dullard yet u expect special treatment from him, are u ok?

U know, in your eyes he can do no wrong but even as u defend the indefensible u know the truth. Basic human decency should prevail so u can tell the truth. By ur inability to engage in a healthy conversation/debate u give credence to whatever uncomplimentary adjectives GMB is described with. How unfortunate!

6 Likes

Re: “I Will Not Marginalise Any Part Of Nigeria”- Buhari by shalomm: 2:58pm On Jul 24, 2015
redsconsult:
PMB will change Nigeria for good . Nigeria will be great again. it will be country to rule africa in few years to come and the world soon. PMB my only fear is in 2019 if all your effort will not be grounded again by some useless cabals and thieves.

Let him bring back the from the dead the NYSC guys that was killed cause of his unguided statement....

Which Cabal?

no dey cum here cum talk rubbish oh

2 Likes

Re: “I Will Not Marginalise Any Part Of Nigeria”- Buhari by shalomm: 3:00pm On Jul 24, 2015
OrlandoOwoh:
God bless the President. I knew my President couldn't have said what these blockheaded saTANoids now accuse him of.
Happy wailing to all wailing wailers.

" An illiterate is a man or woman who cannot make use of five sentence without insulting"

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: “I Will Not Marginalise Any Part Of Nigeria”- Buhari by ArodewilliamsT: 3:02pm On Jul 24, 2015
Demdem2:
[s]

Another chest beating ibo fool. [/s]

If you think it's chestbeating, let's have your address. I'll give you my address at Diobu. Mr Coward we'll meet on a neutral ground wherever you suggest will be fine. I dare you to take up the gauntlet you cretinous coward.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: “I Will Not Marginalise Any Part Of Nigeria”- Buhari by Nobody: 3:08pm On Jul 24, 2015
Demdem2:
Ibos can go to hell.
I wonder why they should be expecting a "brain dead" person not to marginalize them.
They didnt sow right, yet they want to reap right? Instead they sowed hatred, they should reap calamity. Baba shouldnt allow these fools that dont even want him to succeed from the beginning to bully him.
Hopeless bigots.
I understand that there are exceptions though.
I detest your ethnic bigotry. I am Igbo; typical and real. I am a classic Buhari supporter. I voted for him on the three occasions he lost. I am neither APC nor PDP; not Ohaneze fan, not MASSOB fan and definitely not Nnamdi Kalu admirer. So did you just say that Ndigbo can go to heaven? Repeat what you just said.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: “I Will Not Marginalise Any Part Of Nigeria”- Buhari by Neplusultra(f): 3:20pm On Jul 24, 2015
ArodewilliamsT:

You remind me of the yoruba bas.tar.d i knocked out his teeth 2 decades ago. Full of hot air, not a single fibre of mental strenght. Lord help you i come across an imp like you in real life again. You'll take some hard knocks and run away screaming "mummy, Mummy". Stinking and Cowardly yoloba cretin. Naff off!
Lmao!!!! Dat guy na KPOTI!!!

5 Likes

Re: “I Will Not Marginalise Any Part Of Nigeria”- Buhari by Nobody: 3:42pm On Jul 24, 2015
more actions

Do you live in Akwa Ibom State? Do you relish the desire to own your own business with little start up capital and promising returns in investment? Do you hope to look into the mirror each morning and know you are talking to the boss? Are you enterprising?/Would you love to be? Do you have an aptitude for thinking out of the box? Then call or add me up on whatsapp 08085188110. You will be glad you did
Re: “I Will Not Marginalise Any Part Of Nigeria”- Buhari by chiedu7: 3:45pm On Jul 24, 2015
[size=13pt]WELL GMB KNOWS WHAT HE IS DOING.

HE CUTS OFF THE SOUTH-WEST THAT GAVE HIM THE PRESIDENCY.

GIVES MAINLY THE NORTH NICE APPOINTMENTS, WHILE IGNORING THE REST OF THE COUNTRY

MAKES SURE ONLY THE NORTH GETS SENATE PRESIDENT & SPEAKER OF REPS.

GRACIOUSLY GIVES THE EAST OF NIGERIA BOKO HARAM PRISONERS

WONDERFUL GIVES THE SOUTH SOUTH NUCLEAR REACTORS THAT OTHERS KNOW IS A DEATH TRAP.

NAIRA HAS FALLEN THREE TIMES SINCE HE GOT IN.

BOKO HARAM HAS INCREASED IT'S KILLING, EVEN BURNING THE HOUSE OF TOP MILITARY MAN.

WHO SAID DULLARD IS NOT WORKING
[/size] [size=28pt] ?[/size]

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: “I Will Not Marginalise Any Part Of Nigeria”- Buhari by ahamonyeka(m): 3:48pm On Jul 24, 2015
I believe you jare
Re: “I Will Not Marginalise Any Part Of Nigeria”- Buhari by chiedu7: 4:01pm On Jul 24, 2015
Demdem2:
Ibos can go to hell.
I wonder why they should be expecting a "brain dead" person not to marginalize them.
They didnt sow right, yet they want to reap right? Instead they sowed hatred, they should reap calamity. Baba shouldnt allow these fools that dont even want him to succeed from the beginning to bully him.
Hopeless bigots.

3 Likes

Re: “I Will Not Marginalise Any Part Of Nigeria”- Buhari by ZUBY77(m): 4:03pm On Jul 24, 2015
Mr. President,
Please stop using "I".

Use "this administration" instead.

You are not Nigeria, you are one person in Nigeria.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: “I Will Not Marginalise Any Part Of Nigeria”- Buhari by Demdem2: 4:33pm On Jul 24, 2015
kITATITA:

I detest your ethnic bigotry. I am Igbo; typical and real. I am a classic Buhari supporter. I voted for him on the three occasions he lost. I am neither APC nor PDP; not Ohaneze fan, not MASSOB fan and definitely not Nnamdi Kalu admirer. So did you just say that Ndigbo can go to heaven? Repeat what you just said.

Read the last statement from that post u quoted, dos that makes sense to u?
Re: “I Will Not Marginalise Any Part Of Nigeria”- Buhari by Demdem2: 4:33pm On Jul 24, 2015
[s]
ArodewilliamsT:

If you think it's chestbeating, let's have your address. I'll give you my address at Diobu. Mr Coward we'll meet on a neutral ground wherever you suggest will be fine. I dare you to take up the gauntlet you cretinous coward.
[/s]

Demdem2:
[s][/s]
Another chest beating ibo fool.
Re: “I Will Not Marginalise Any Part Of Nigeria”- Buhari by Candyrain(m): 4:34pm On Jul 24, 2015
Demdem2:
Ibos can go to hell.
Hopeless bigots.

Marginalising the regions that gave him 5% vote is no big deal but can he also look away from the natural resources from this two regions?

4 Likes

Re: “I Will Not Marginalise Any Part Of Nigeria”- Buhari by Demdem2: 4:36pm On Jul 24, 2015
kenny987:

U know, in your eyes he can do no wrong but even as u defend the indefensible u know the truth. Basic human decency should prevail so u can tell the truth. By ur inability to engage in a healthy conversation/debate u give credence to whatever uncomplimentary adjectives GMB is described with. How unfortunate!

Shut ur trap. just last week i rebuked Buhari for sanctioning govt support for pilgrimage so i dont understand ur he can do no wrong thrash u are talking about. I just detest hypocrites like ur kind who will expect anything tangible from someone u have already written off even before he was inaugurated.
Re: “I Will Not Marginalise Any Part Of Nigeria”- Buhari by Demdem2: 4:37pm On Jul 24, 2015
Candyrain:

Marginalising the regions that gave him 5% vote is no big deal but can he also look away from the natural resources from this two regions?

The natural resources belongs to Nigeria. Deal with that.
Re: “I Will Not Marginalise Any Part Of Nigeria”- Buhari by Nobody: 4:39pm On Jul 24, 2015
Demdem2:

Read the last statement from that post u quoted, dos that makes sense to u?

That's my point exactly. I am not an exception. Igbo, like other ethnic groups are people of diverse opinion based on interests, ambitions and orientation. If you don't agree with a section of the people, whether they are majority or not, you don't have the right to be abusive to group.

2 Likes

Re: “I Will Not Marginalise Any Part Of Nigeria”- Buhari by bid4rich(m): 4:40pm On Jul 24, 2015
OP; stop this nonsense rumour, the man said he will not treat 97% of those who voted him to power as equal against 5% who did not vote him. What do you think that one suggest?

Dont tell me something else because I watched it and hear it from his own mouth.

3 Likes

Re: “I Will Not Marginalise Any Part Of Nigeria”- Buhari by Demdem2: 4:57pm On Jul 24, 2015
kITATITA:

That's my point exactly. I am not an exception. Igbo, like other ethnic groups are people of diverse opinion based on interests, ambitions and orientation. If you don't agree with a section of the people, whether they are majority or not, you don't have the right to be abusive to group.

[b]those i am referring to are the fools that want the General to fail. The fools that are expecting so much dividend of democracy from the "Daura President", hopeless eediots expecting dividends of democracy from the "certificateless abbokii". Those that wanted calamity to befall the General even right before he was even inaugurated. Those that want this country to disintegrate right under the nose of the general simply because Nigerians chose to vote out the curse, Jonah-daft from power democratically.
That majority of these lot come from a part of the country is a known undisputed fact. i live with them and i know this. If am a bigot, i shouldnt even be in their midst. i have no apology for this.
I understand the fact that there are true exceptions to these set of hopeless fools and i recognised that. of cos, whatever i say doesnt apply to these exceptions and that explains why i stated what u read however u still feel offended with it. Am sorry if truly u are, it wasnt my intents but i still maintain my stance while recognizing ur objection.[/b]

1 Like

Re: “I Will Not Marginalise Any Part Of Nigeria”- Buhari by Candyrain(m): 4:57pm On Jul 24, 2015
Demdem2:

The natural resources belongs to Nigeria. Deal with that.

Let's just pray it doesn't get to that point where Buhari carries out what he had in mind of marginalizing these regions. Cheers bro.

1 Like

Re: “I Will Not Marginalise Any Part Of Nigeria”- Buhari by Demdem2: 4:59pm On Jul 24, 2015
Candyrain:

Let's just pray it doesn't get to that point where Buhari carries out what he had in mind of marginalizing these regions. Cheers bro.

what is constitutionally ur right will never be denied u. u can be rest assured of that. the rest is at the discretion of the General as he deem fit.
Re: “I Will Not Marginalise Any Part Of Nigeria”- Buhari by shomutuski(m): 5:11pm On Jul 24, 2015
Most of dem easterners are insecure. No matter how u tell them, they won't believe!!! I didn't ask them not to vote for buhari, nah dem carry vote go give drunkard....

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Inside The Oil Deals That Cost Nigeria Billions; Between Diezani And Others / Court Convicts Nigerian Fraudster, ‘yahoo Boy’ Of Love Scam In Kaduna / I Am Alive - Yakubu Gowon denies death rumours

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.