Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,157 members, 7,815,029 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:32 AM

Can You Work As A Cleaner If The Pay Is Good? - Jobs/Vacancies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Can You Work As A Cleaner If The Pay Is Good? (29687 Views)

How High Can You Work? Check These High Altitude Jobs(Photos) / How An Office Cleaner Outshined 6 'graduates' Today / As A Graduate, Can You Work In Restaurant That Pays 80k And Above? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can You Work As A Cleaner If The Pay Is Good? by omonnakoda: 7:06pm On Jul 25, 2015
LaurelP:
As A graduate, if u are offered a job as a cleaner for a pay of say 50 to 80k, would you accept it? Maybe in an oil company or multinational?

The problem is being a graduate especially from a Nigerian university has zero value most of the time .

Look at your grammar e.g "As a graduate........

What kind of sentence starts like that. You are a typical example , poor English and a strong sense that having a bogus certificate entitles you to a life of Riley

1 Like

Re: Can You Work As A Cleaner If The Pay Is Good? by rheether(f): 7:07pm On Jul 25, 2015
What is it with Nigerians and what you do for a living? If it pays your bill and bring food to your table who cares?
Re: Can You Work As A Cleaner If The Pay Is Good? by Nobody: 7:07pm On Jul 25, 2015
gbenga4my:

I understand d guy, its all about career growth. But d logic is u wrk as a cleaner for a while, save some cash nd u can move on with that.
You can even play your game well as a cleaner, build a good network and get a good placement in the company.
Re: Can You Work As A Cleaner If The Pay Is Good? by Holyfield1(m): 7:08pm On Jul 25, 2015
FriedPlantain:
You laugh that I'd rather earn 30k as a graduate in a small company than 100k in an oil company working as a cleaner?

This is where young graduates get it wrong, everything isn't just about money, money, money. Do you agree with me that a young graduate with over 5 solid years experience in a small audit firm earning 30k has a better chance of earning 300k soon enough with his wealth of experience compared to his graduate counterpart that works as a cleaner in an oil company and has vast years of experience mopping floors and mixing detergents? He also has a higher career prospect as well.

Friedplantain
Please sir Is Fried plantain the same as Roasted plantain
Re: Can You Work As A Cleaner If The Pay Is Good? by MosakuAW(m): 7:08pm On Jul 25, 2015
ajasa4link:

But the wise man earning big as a cleaner will just save enough to start his own cleaning company and become an employer of labour ,while the one working in an audit firm looking for his 300k job will remain an employee developing other people's business for them.

I wish i could like your comment 100000times, but am only permited to like it ones. Your comment kill it all.

More wisdom to you. Thumbs up.

1 Like

Re: Can You Work As A Cleaner If The Pay Is Good? by Nobody: 7:09pm On Jul 25, 2015
omonnakoda:

The problem is being a graduate especially from a Nigerian university has zero value most of the time .

What kind of sentence starts like that. You are a typical example , poor English and a strong sense that having a bogus certificate entitles you to a life of Riley
Mr I too know, correct him let's see what you have. undecided

2 Likes

Re: Can You Work As A Cleaner If The Pay Is Good? by Nobody: 7:10pm On Jul 25, 2015
manie:

He will be a transport magnate.

go and look at the business magnates in this country and tell me how many of them took on menial jobs as career choices.
Re: Can You Work As A Cleaner If The Pay Is Good? by Nobody: 7:11pm On Jul 25, 2015
oyb:

you have completely missed it.

a lot of people started out with low paying first jobs; my first job paid 25k; an i was there for a year and a half; next one paid 45 k, i was there for 2 years; then on to the oil company job.

so where do you go from the cleaning job?

your only asset is the salary from the oil company while his are 4 buses plus their returns.
Re: Can You Work As A Cleaner If The Pay Is Good? by anonimi: 7:12pm On Jul 25, 2015
Are many Nigerian graduates with their PAPER certificates not doing that in their 'diaspora'

1 Like

Re: Can You Work As A Cleaner If The Pay Is Good? by Nobody: 7:13pm On Jul 25, 2015
rheether:
What is it with Nigerians and what you do for a living? If it pays your bill and bring food to your table who cares?
SOMEON PLEASE GIVE THIS WOMAN A CUP OF TEA!!
Re: Can You Work As A Cleaner If The Pay Is Good? by gbenga4my(m): 7:14pm On Jul 25, 2015
AgapeCharis:
You can even play your game well as a cleaner, build a good network and get a good placement in the company.
I tell u my brother , money ist , every oda tinz follow.
The problem we av in dis country is dt we were trained to be a career man/woman rather than being an entrepreneur as the real cash lies in entrepreneur ship
Re: Can You Work As A Cleaner If The Pay Is Good? by LaurelP(m): 7:14pm On Jul 25, 2015
omonnakoda:

Wole Soyinka!
Dis is not an "English Proficiency" thread. if it was, u wouldn't even make it.
Re: Can You Work As A Cleaner If The Pay Is Good? by Karleb(m): 7:15pm On Jul 25, 2015
Hell no! Ego and ridicule that comes with the job won't let me. angry
Re: Can You Work As A Cleaner If The Pay Is Good? by Nobody: 7:15pm On Jul 25, 2015
See economists......Impressive

juicee1:
You have a great point which can only move the less enlightened.

Let's put it this way: he earns 80k mopping floors while you earn 30k seated in an airconditioned office typing on a desktop computer.

Assuming the amount the both of you spend on transportation and feeding for every month is 20k each, he will have 60k left for savings while yours will be 10k.

60k x 12months= N720,000

10k x 12months= N120,000

What can you investments 120k in? I don't know for now. Probably something that produces little, not even up to the 30k you earn from being an auditor. I stand to be corrected.

As for his 720K, if he's not a spendthrift, he can invest in transport biz. Placing a danfo bus on the road in lagos can fetch him 80K per month asides the 60K he earns from mopping floors.

80K + 60K= N140,000

140K x 12months= N1,680,000

While he's saving N1,680,000 after 2yrs, you will only have N240K after 2yrs of your comfortable audit job.

In the 3rd year, if he's extra smart, he can add another bus to increase his margin of profit. He can continue the trend in the 4th and 5th year.

By the 5th year, he would have become an employer of labour with 4 danfo buses, each fetching an income of 80K per month asides his cleaner job of 80K per month. Don't forget about the amount he would have saved during those periods.

As for you, your sure believe of nabbing a job worth 300K might get dashed when reality hits you in the face. Even if you finally land the job, you are still going to remain a "yes sir" kind of person cos you've programmed yourself to work for others instead of employing people. Your mentality of comfort at work is one of the reasons why many youths are unemployed or not doing well in employment.

Sometimes, we are suppose to get muddy and dirty before we look shinny. Remember that diamonds are found in the rough.
Re: Can You Work As A Cleaner If The Pay Is Good? by Nobody: 7:19pm On Jul 25, 2015
juicee1:
your only asset is the salary from the oil company while his are 4 buses plus their returns.

the problem is that most of you are little more than dreamers with no actual grasp on reality

a large number of people in paid employment will not leave paid employment; by your lame argument, a cleaner will save a large portion of hi salary and start a danfo business in four years; you may as well say that anyone earning a salary of over 100k will save 90% of it and then start a danfo business.

most of you cannot even think big; which is why you see owning four danfos [ a business model that lasg will soon kill once metro comes online] as a business achievement

1 Like

Re: Can You Work As A Cleaner If The Pay Is Good? by manie(m): 7:19pm On Jul 25, 2015
oyb:

go and look at the business magnates in this country and tell me how many of them took on menial jobs as career choices.

90% of the transport magnates started with menial jobs, but with discipline, hard-work and focus, they became what they are today.
Re: Can You Work As A Cleaner If The Pay Is Good? by sukkot: 7:19pm On Jul 25, 2015
hardejoke:
Have seen a graduate dat work as sales girl wit less than #8,000 per month. May God help us
meanwhile someone in victoria island is trying to rent an apartment out for 7 million naira per annum
Re: Can You Work As A Cleaner If The Pay Is Good? by rheether(f): 7:21pm On Jul 25, 2015
Without sugar pls.
Re: Can You Work As A Cleaner If The Pay Is Good? by manie(m): 7:22pm On Jul 25, 2015
juicee1:

His only cash-flow is the salary.
Re: Can You Work As A Cleaner If The Pay Is Good? by systemz(m): 7:22pm On Jul 25, 2015
Why not?? It's a starting point.
Re: Can You Work As A Cleaner If The Pay Is Good? by Jobyruz(m): 7:23pm On Jul 25, 2015
jashar:
Big hell NO. What will mopping floor and washing toilet add to me? angry

I have those skills already. Thanks.
but if it were to be in the white man country you will happily do it abi??
Re: Can You Work As A Cleaner If The Pay Is Good? by Nobody: 7:24pm On Jul 25, 2015
Sometimes, we are suppose to get muddy and dirty before we look shinny. Remember that diamonds are found in the rough.

This statement will go along way to help me. Thanks bro.
Re: Can You Work As A Cleaner If The Pay Is Good? by seangy4konji: 7:24pm On Jul 25, 2015
Keep your GADDAM money.!!!
Re: Can You Work As A Cleaner If The Pay Is Good? by Nobody: 7:25pm On Jul 25, 2015
If they are ready to pay 250k and above monthly
Re: Can You Work As A Cleaner If The Pay Is Good? by krishfwesh(m): 7:26pm On Jul 25, 2015
oloyedayo:
bring the job, it is better than staying without a job.
big yes I support u

1 Like

Re: Can You Work As A Cleaner If The Pay Is Good? by Nobody: 7:28pm On Jul 25, 2015
Haaaaaahaaaa!!!!!!! why are NL like this....poverty shouldn't be allowed to affect the way we see things.
ONE QUESTION I NEED Y'ALL TO ANSWER
what will happen if thesame oil company needs the service of a 3years experienced auditor?
think of the packages that follows analyse it and let see how long it will take Bently to overtake the danfo on the street.
Re: Can You Work As A Cleaner If The Pay Is Good? by christygenius(f): 7:28pm On Jul 25, 2015
Of course, i will. I know its not all abt d money, but do u know dt by working as a cleaner in dt oil company, i have better chances of applying directly for a good position at d company and getting the job very easy when there's a vacancy there than someone frm outside? since i have my credentials intact, why not i know dt God'll surely creat dt opportunity for me than nothing at all. Talking frm experience though.

Or, i can work there, save up and start sth small on my own and build it up, and still employ others to work for me. To me, its better than staying at home, waiting and writting series of application letters and attending interviews. these days, naija no be where u go siddon one place dey wait for manner frm heaven, u've got to do sth to help urself out abeg.
Re: Can You Work As A Cleaner If The Pay Is Good? by Kisses4rmDxtanx: 7:30pm On Jul 25, 2015
LaurelP:
just for fungrin. As A graduate, if u are offered a job as a cleaner for a pay of say 50 to 80k, would you accept it? Maybe in an oil company or multinational?

If na Restaurant sef wt dat amount i go work sharperly. I nor o look Uche face
Re: Can You Work As A Cleaner If The Pay Is Good? by pwetyquin(f): 7:34pm On Jul 25, 2015
In dis life is nt all ur position u see ur self bt d challenge 4 a greater 2moro. Will gladly do times without no grin
Re: Can You Work As A Cleaner If The Pay Is Good? by begwong: 7:35pm On Jul 25, 2015
How much is a good pay? Hope its within six digits. if so why not? Is is not dead corpses our senior bros dey wash for Yankee dem dey send western union come back home.
Re: Can You Work As A Cleaner If The Pay Is Good? by chiwuike20: 7:35pm On Jul 25, 2015
It is both ways. Some people are fortunate to start from being a cleaner in a big company to becoming a top executive in the company. This is because they have very high chances of being recruited when employment opportunities are available since they have close relationship with important figures in the company. Having said that, many have tried that method without success, as they do not find favour with top figures in the company.

On the other hand, many have started small in their respective disciplines and were able to grow out of little income to becoming top business executives. This however, is not absolute as many have started small and have either remained small or became smaller from their resolve.

So, whether one starts small in a big firm doing what he loves doing or earns better income in a big firm doing the dirty work does not guarantee one's success

2 Likes

Re: Can You Work As A Cleaner If The Pay Is Good? by hadizasaf: 7:35pm On Jul 25, 2015
Whatsapp/call 08037600752

Or visit our online shop to order now

Konga.com/ks

Outstanding features:
*fully waterproof
*makes call(uses micro sim)
*compatible with iOs and andriod phones
*camera
*uses TF(memory) card
*voice and video recorder
*pedometer,automatically checks your heartrate,monitors your sleep and exercise patterns

More details at konga.com/ks
PS: there are other colours,but we sell only the Gold exclusively for now !!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Would You Do THIS To Get A JOB In Nigeria? / Npower Portal Open For Batch C Registration 2020/2021 | Apply / Aso Villa Demo: 30 Nigerians Shortlisted (List)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.