Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,218 members, 7,815,258 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:45 AM

Can You Work As A Cleaner If The Pay Is Good? - Jobs/Vacancies (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Can You Work As A Cleaner If The Pay Is Good? (29689 Views)

How High Can You Work? Check These High Altitude Jobs(Photos) / How An Office Cleaner Outshined 6 'graduates' Today / As A Graduate, Can You Work In Restaurant That Pays 80k And Above? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can You Work As A Cleaner If The Pay Is Good? by ayeniblessing(m): 10:32pm On Jul 25, 2015
Ur sense of reasoning is divine
U re very smart with ur analysis
Must we say yes sir... Yes sir.... To someone forever?
Nah
juicee1:
You have a great point which can only move the less enlightened.

Let's put it this way: he earns 80k mopping floors while you earn 30k seated in an airconditioned office typing on a desktop computer.

Assuming the amount the both of you spend on transportation and feeding for every month is 20k each, he will have 60k left for savings while yours will be 10k.

60k x 12months= N720,000

10k x 12months= N120,000

What can you investments 120k in? I don't know for now. Probably something that produces little, not even up to the 30k you earn from being an auditor. I stand to be corrected.

As for his 720K, if he's not a spendthrift, he can invest in transport biz. Placing a danfo bus on the road in lagos can fetch him 80K per month asides the 60K he earns from mopping floors.

80K + 60K= N140,000

140K x 12months= N1,680,000

While he's saving N1,680,000 after 2yrs, you will only have N240K after 2yrs of your comfortable audit job.

In the 3rd year, if he's extra smart, he can add another bus to increase his margin of profit. He can continue the trend in the 4th and 5th year.

By the 5th year, he would have become an employer of labour with 4 danfo buses, each fetching an income of 80K per month asides his cleaner job of 80K per month. Don't forget about the amount he would have saved during those periods.

As for you, your sure believe of nabbing a job worth 300K might get dashed when reality hits you in the face. Even if you finally land the job, you are still going to remain a "yes sir" kind of person cos you've programmed yourself to work for others instead of employing people. Your mentality of comfort at work is one of the reasons why many youths are unemployed or not doing well in employment.

Sometimes, we are suppose to get muddy and dirty before we look shinny. Remember that diamonds are found in the rough.
Re: Can You Work As A Cleaner If The Pay Is Good? by Nobody: 10:36pm On Jul 25, 2015
jashar:

You're the onr saying rubbish. Did I tell you I don't do those things?
Abeg swerve if you're vexed.
SHUT UP AND PARK WELL JOORR..
KEEP ON SAYING RUBBISH
Re: Can You Work As A Cleaner If The Pay Is Good? by Fearcom(m): 10:36pm On Jul 25, 2015
I know of an Executive Director of an oil company who started out mopping floors there. Another executive started there as a security guard. Doesn't matter how you start oh!
Re: Can You Work As A Cleaner If The Pay Is Good? by emeijeh(m): 10:39pm On Jul 25, 2015
juicee1:

Let's put it this way: he earns 80k mopping floors while you earn 30k seated in an airconditioned office typing on a desktop computer.

Assuming the amount the both of you spend on transportation and feeding for every month is 20k each, he will have 60k left for savings while yours will be 10k.

60k x 12months= N720,000

10k x 12months= N120,000

What can you investments 120k in? I don't know for now. Probably something that produces little, not even up to the 30k you earn from being an auditor. I stand to be corrected.

As for his 720K, if he's not a spendthrift, he can invest in transport biz. Placing a danfo bus on the road in lagos can fetch him 80K per month asides the 60K he earns from mopping floors.

80K + 60K= N140,000

While he's saving N1,680,000 after 2yrs, you will only have N240K after 2yrs of your comfortable audit job.

In the 3rd year, if he's extra smart, he can add another bus to increase his margin of profit. He can continue the trend in the 4th and 5th year.

By the 5th year, he would have become an employer of labour with 4 danfo buses, each fetching an income of 80K per month asides his cleaner job of 80K per month. Don't forget about the amount he would have saved during those periods.

As for you, your sure believe of nabbing a job worth 300K might get dashed when reality hits you in the face. Even if you finally land the job, you are still going to remain a "yes sir" kind of person cos you've programmed yourself to work for others instead of employing people. Your mentality of comfort at work is one of the reasons why many youths are unemployed or not doing well in employment.

Sometimes, we are suppose to get muddy and dirty before we look shinny. Remember that diamonds are found in the rough.

All these danfo buses... Na water dem dey run on? Dem no dey spoil at all? I fear o!
Re: Can You Work As A Cleaner If The Pay Is Good? by malikisah: 10:39pm On Jul 25, 2015
juicee1:

60k x 12months= N720,000

10k x 12months= N120,000

80K + 60K= N140,000

very smart!
Re: Can You Work As A Cleaner If The Pay Is Good? by jashar(f): 10:40pm On Jul 25, 2015
sonofananimal1:
SHUT UP AND PARK WELL JOORR..

KEEP ON SAYING RUBBISH

Ehyah... you're pained. make me shut up naa... come and seize my phone. tongue
Re: Can You Work As A Cleaner If The Pay Is Good? by Nobody: 10:51pm On Jul 25, 2015
jashar:

Ehyah... you're pained. make me shut up naa... come and seize my phone. tongue
undecided
Re: Can You Work As A Cleaner If The Pay Is Good? by Jobyruz(m): 10:53pm On Jul 25, 2015
frodow:
If they are ready to pay 250k and above monthly
pls sorry to ask u dis quick question are u a thief?? Cos ur mouth seems to be very wide
Re: Can You Work As A Cleaner If The Pay Is Good? by jashar(f): 10:53pm On Jul 25, 2015
sonofananimal1:
undecided

Good night sweerie kiss
Re: Can You Work As A Cleaner If The Pay Is Good? by Nobody: 10:57pm On Jul 25, 2015
jashar:

Good night sweerie kiss
Hmmm see psychology, I know how to play mind game.
Re: Can You Work As A Cleaner If The Pay Is Good? by omoadeleye(m): 10:59pm On Jul 25, 2015
this is called small job big money cheesy
Re: Can You Work As A Cleaner If The Pay Is Good? by Superman11(m): 11:04pm On Jul 25, 2015
Graduate of what? cleaning technology or medicine or law??
Sure we were made to clean naa abi ??

Sure there is nothing !!
To air is human
afterwards is nothing.
I would clean
Re: Can You Work As A Cleaner If The Pay Is Good? by eROCK247(m): 11:08pm On Jul 25, 2015
FriedPlantain:
You laugh that I'd rather earn 30k as a graduate in a small company than 100k in an oil company working as a cleaner?

This is where young graduates get it wrong, everything isn't just about money, money, money. Do you agree with me that a young graduate with over 5 solid years experience in a small audit firm earning 30k has a better chance of earning 300k soon enough with his wealth of experience compared to his graduate counterpart that works as a cleaner in an oil company and has vast years of experience mopping floors and mixing detergents? He also has a higher career prospect as well.

Friedplantain

U have a point o. But what if d audit job nor con dey?
Re: Can You Work As A Cleaner If The Pay Is Good? by MrFairplay4ume(m): 11:10pm On Jul 25, 2015
juicee1:

60k x 12months= N720,000

10k x 12months= N120,000

80K + 60K= N140,000

I really gbadun your line of thought!
Re: Can You Work As A Cleaner If The Pay Is Good? by BornnAgainChild(f): 11:14pm On Jul 25, 2015
juicee1:

60k x 12months= N720,000

10k x 12months= N120,000

80K + 60K= N140,000

Can someone get a glass of chilled zobo for this dude,his sense making is too much

1 Like

Re: Can You Work As A Cleaner If The Pay Is Good? by Trypant(f): 11:22pm On Jul 25, 2015
Oh Yes!! Heaven Yes!!! Oh Yes!! Heaven Yes!!! Oh Yes!! Heaven Yes!!! Oh Yes!! Heaven Yes!!! Oh Yes!! Heaven Yes!!! Oh Yes!! Heaven Yes!!! Oh Yes!! Heaven Yes!!! Oh Yes!! Heaven Yes!!! Oh Yes!! Heaven Yes!!! Oh Yes!! Heaven Yes!!! Oh Yes!! Heaven Yes!!! Oh Yes!! Heaven Yes!!! Oh Yes!! Heaven Yes!!! Oh Yes!! Heaven Yes!!! Oh Yes!! Heaven Yes!!! Oh Yes!! Heaven Yes!!! Oh Yes!! Heaven Yes!!! Oh Yes!! Heaven Yes!!! Oh Yes!! Heaven Yes!!! Oh Yes!! Heaven Yes!!! Oh Yes!! Heaven Yes!!! Oh Yes!! Heaven Yes!!! Oh Yes!! Heaven Yes!!! Oh Yes!! Heaven Yes!!! Oh Yes!! Heaven Yes!!! Oh Yes!! Heaven Yes!!! Oh Yes!! Heaven Yes!!! Oh Yes!! Heaven Yes!!! Oh Yes!! Heaven Yes!!! Oh Yes!! Heaven Yes!!! Oh Yes!! Heaven Yes!!! Oh Yes!! Heaven Yes!!! Oh Yes!! Heaven Yes!!! Oh Yes!! Heaven Yes!!! Oh Yes!! Heaven Yes!!! Oh Yes!! Heaven Yes!!! Oh Yes!! Heaven Yes!!! Oh Yes!! Heaven Yes!!! Oh Yes!! Heaven Yes!!! Oh Yes!! Heaven Yes!!!
Re: Can You Work As A Cleaner If The Pay Is Good? by hustla(m): 11:28pm On Jul 25, 2015
juicee1:

60k x 12months= N720,000

10k x 12months= N120,000

80K + 60K= N140,000

And Thats All Folks
Re: Can You Work As A Cleaner If The Pay Is Good? by charlesucheh(m): 11:33pm On Jul 25, 2015
Are you crazy!!!!!
No be work Ni?
I will do it with immediate alacrity.
Re: Can You Work As A Cleaner If The Pay Is Good? by Nobody: 11:35pm On Jul 25, 2015
BornnAgainChild:

Can someone get a glass of chilled zobo for this dude,his sense making is too much
LOLZ YOU HAVE PLAGIARISE MY PHASE.
Re: Can You Work As A Cleaner If The Pay Is Good? by Nobody: 11:37pm On Jul 25, 2015
Trypant:
Oh Yes!! Heaven Yes!!! Oh Yes!! Heaven Yes!!! Oh Yes!! Heaven Yes!!! Oh Yes!! Heaven Yes!!! Oh Yes!! Heaven Yes!!! Oh Yes!! Heaven Yes!!! Oh Yes!! Heaven Yes!!! Oh Yes!! Heaven Yes!!! Oh Yes!! Heaven Yes!!! Oh Yes!! Heaven Yes!!! Oh Yes!! Heaven Yes!!! Oh Yes!! Heaven Yes!!! Oh Yes!! Heaven Yes!!! Oh Yes!! Heaven Yes!!! Oh Yes!! Heaven Yes!!! Oh Yes!! Heaven Yes!!! Oh Yes!! Heaven Yes!!! Oh Yes!! Heaven Yes!!! Oh Yes!! Heaven Yes!!! Oh Yes!! Heaven Yes!!! Oh Yes!! Heaven Yes!!! Oh Yes!! Heaven Yes!!! Oh Yes!! Heaven Yes!!! Oh Yes!! Heaven Yes!!! Oh Yes!! Heaven Yes!!! Oh Yes!! Heaven Yes!!! Oh Yes!! Heaven Yes!!! Oh Yes!! Heaven Yes!!! Oh Yes!! Heaven Yes!!! Oh Yes!! Heaven Yes!!! Oh Yes!! Heaven Yes!!! Oh Yes!! Heaven Yes!!! Oh Yes!! Heaven Yes!!! Oh Yes!! Heaven Yes!!! Oh Yes!! Heaven Yes!!! Oh Yes!! Heaven Yes!!! Oh Yes!! Heaven Yes!!! Oh Yes!! Heaven Yes!!! Oh Yes!! Heaven Yes!!! Oh Yes!! Heaven Yes!!!
ARE YOU HIGH!! OR JUST INCREDIBLY STVPID angry
Re: Can You Work As A Cleaner If The Pay Is Good? by aspirebig: 11:41pm On Jul 25, 2015
Most of your ' I dey abroad pals 'are graduates doing such jobs.
Re: Can You Work As A Cleaner If The Pay Is Good? by Solozzo(m): 5:00am On Jul 26, 2015
juicee1:

60k x 12months= N720,000

10k x 12months= N120,000

80K + 60K= N140,000

You got a point. But.....
1. Cleaning is demeaning and demoralizing.
2. Cleaning job is
Unstable; you may lose that so fast and back to poverty than u think.
3. You think as you are; u lose dignity, prestige and emotional stability as well as interacting with poorly educated people. This may lead u to adopt some poor morals that waste your money.
4. Poor social status; drift down the social ladder.

1 Like

Re: Can You Work As A Cleaner If The Pay Is Good? by Nobody: 5:33am On Jul 26, 2015
wristbangle:

Friedplantain... cheesy I don miss ur post. How work?
Fine bro. Is this wristwatch?
Re: Can You Work As A Cleaner If The Pay Is Good? by BotanistPetfem(m): 5:54am On Jul 26, 2015
Pls check www.folaogunsolafoundation.org
Clearsure:
Man pls link me up

I'm in need of a job,,to atleast keep me afloat..My 09052168054
You can invite me on whatsapp

Thanks man!
Re: Can You Work As A Cleaner If The Pay Is Good? by Originalsly: 7:10am On Jul 26, 2015
FriedPlantain:
You laugh that I'd rather earn 30k as a graduate in a small company than 100k in an oil company working as a cleaner?

This is where young graduates get it wrong, everything isn't just about money, money, money. Do you agree with me that a young graduate with over 5 solid years experience in a small audit firm earning 30k has a better chance of earning 300k soon enough with his wealth of experience compared to his graduate counterpart that works as a cleaner in an oil company and has vast years of experience mopping floors and mixing detergents? He also has a higher career prospect as well.

Friedplantain
@topic....I would work as a cleaner. @above. You are both graduates....you do not have a better chance of landing a 300K job as the cleaner after 5 years. The cleaner already has his foot in the door of the multi national /oil company ... the type that would pay that kind of salary. They usually hire from within first before going for outsiders..which you would be. Within 5 years he can present his degree ....move out from the cleaning department....into the business department gaining experience the same time as you...but has learned that company's work system. In 5 years he may be above the position you are dreaming about and he may very well be the one reading and thrashing your resume.
Re: Can You Work As A Cleaner If The Pay Is Good? by singlefade25(f): 7:24am On Jul 26, 2015
Friedplantain, oremi, you are too much.
Re: Can You Work As A Cleaner If The Pay Is Good? by shindarayo(f): 7:27am On Jul 26, 2015
FriedPlantain:

Friedplantain
this is so true. My elder bro is an example.rem back den we he graduated as an accountant, he was offered a job as an auditor in an acciunting firm, his pay was less dan 20k, and considering d distance btw our haus and d workplace he didn't want to accept, buh tanks to an intelligent and literate mother she encourage him to tk it afta cing wat he stands to achieve with the experience he will gain.she helps by gvn himm tfare everyday yl he uses d salary forhis own personal needs.four years down d lane now, he works in a better place now and earns over 150k per month.so op HELL NO, I wld neva work as a cleaner no matter d pay, ill rather learna trade dan do dt

1 Like

Re: Can You Work As A Cleaner If The Pay Is Good? by pasol4real(m): 7:49am On Jul 26, 2015
ajasa4link:

But the wise man earning big as a cleaner will just save enough to start his own cleaning company and become an employer of labour ,while the one working in an audit firm looking for his 300k job will remain an employee developing other people's business for them.
Perfect response menh
May be that graduate might even become one of the employees of the former cleaner who knows.
Re: Can You Work As A Cleaner If The Pay Is Good? by wristbangle: 7:54am On Jul 26, 2015
FriedPlantain:
Fine bro. Is this wristwatch?

Yes and don't ask me y I deactivated wristwatch bro cheesy cheesy
Re: Can You Work As A Cleaner If The Pay Is Good? by hope4nigeria(m): 8:27am On Jul 26, 2015
FriedPlantain:

Friedplantain
abeg leaf that thing, that doesnt work in nigeria anymore if you ask me, . you must be confortable in ur Job or your parent are still feeding you thats why! i once had such orientation untill a friend got offered as a driver in
United Nation Abuja, we laughed at him until we discovered this guy take home basic salary is 150k, with free medical insurance, he has been to many other country, free acomodation in ASOKORO. he has bult 3 houses in different location where he's collecting rent, you r there talking of career, na you wan invent l human live?

4 Likes

Re: Can You Work As A Cleaner If The Pay Is Good? by Lawsimon(m): 8:31am On Jul 26, 2015
Business minded people like us are looking for such an opportunity to raise capital. We look forward to a brighter tomorrow...story before the glory. I'll grab it with both hands.
Re: Can You Work As A Cleaner If The Pay Is Good? by Lawsimon(m): 8:34am On Jul 26, 2015
hope4nigeria:
abeg leaf that thing, that doesnt work in nigeria anymore if you ask me, . you must be confortable in ur Job or your parent are still feeding you thats why! i once had such orientation untill a friend got offered as a driver in
United Nation Abuja, we laughed at him until we discovered this guy take home basic salary is 150k, with free medical insurance, he has been to many other country, free acomodation in ASOKORO. he has bult 3 houses in different location where he's collecting rent, you r there talking of career, na you wan invent l human live?
TRUE TALK.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Would You Do THIS To Get A JOB In Nigeria? / Npower Portal Open For Batch C Registration 2020/2021 | Apply / Aso Villa Demo: 30 Nigerians Shortlisted (List)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 111
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.