Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,466 members, 7,826,770 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 08:05 PM

Can You Work As A Cleaner If The Pay Is Good? - Jobs/Vacancies (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Can You Work As A Cleaner If The Pay Is Good? (29716 Views)

How High Can You Work? Check These High Altitude Jobs(Photos) / How An Office Cleaner Outshined 6 'graduates' Today / As A Graduate, Can You Work In Restaurant That Pays 80k And Above? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can You Work As A Cleaner If The Pay Is Good? by hope4nigeria(m): 8:36am On Jul 26, 2015
shindarayo:
this is so true. My elder bro is an example.rem back den we he graduated as an accountant, he was offered a job as an auditor in an acciunting firm, his pay was less dan 20k, and considering d distance btw our haus and d workplace he didn't want to accept, buh tanks to an intelligent and literate mother she encourage him to tk it afta cing wat he stands to achieve with the experience he will gain.she helps by gvn himm tfare everyday yl he uses d salary forhis own personal needs.four years down d lane now, he works in a better place now and earns over 150k per month.so op HELL NO, I wld neva work as a cleaner no matter d pay, ill rather learna trade dan do dt
you brother's destiny might be diff from urs, if you try thesame, okada might help you remove ur legs, when God open the way for you, try and identify it and move fast
Re: Can You Work As A Cleaner If The Pay Is Good? by maureeoy: 8:48am On Jul 26, 2015
I WILL
Re: Can You Work As A Cleaner If The Pay Is Good? by nebukadnezzari(m): 9:39am On Jul 26, 2015
FriedPlantain:
You laugh that I'd rather earn 30k as a graduate in a small company than 100k in an oil company working as a cleaner?

This is where young graduates get it wrong, everything isn't just about money, money, money. Do you agree with me that a young graduate with over 5 solid years experience in a small audit firm earning 30k has a better chance of earning 300k soon enough with his wealth of experience compared to his graduate counterpart that works as a cleaner in an oil company and has vast years of experience mopping floors and mixing detergents? He also has a higher career prospect as well.

Friedplantain

This is what sitting in a class room can do to ones mentality...those teachers and lecturers have crushed your spirit man, turned you into what kanye calls NEW SLAVES. money is the ultimate, your kids won't ask you what experience you have when they are starving.

1 Like

Re: Can You Work As A Cleaner If The Pay Is Good? by NwabuezeWini: 11:10am On Jul 26, 2015
juicee1:
You have a great point which can only move the less enlightened.

Let's put it this way: he earns 80k mopping floors while you earn 30k seated in an airconditioned office typing on a desktop computer.

Assuming the amount the both of you spend on transportation and feeding for every month is 20k each, he will have 60k left for savings while yours will be 10k.

60k x 12months= N720,000

10k x 12months= N120,000

What can you investments 120k in? I don't know for now. Probably something that produces little, not even up to the 30k you earn from being an auditor. I stand to be corrected.

As for his 720K, if he's not a spendthrift, he can invest in transport biz. Placing a danfo bus on the road in lagos can fetch him 80K per month asides the 60K he earns from mopping floors.

80K + 60K= N140,000

140K x 12months= N1,680,000

While he's saving N1,680,000 after 2yrs, you will only have N240K after 2yrs of your comfortable audit job.

In the 3rd year, if he's extra smart, he can add another bus to increase his margin of profit. He can continue the trend in the 4th and 5th year.

By the 5th year, he would have become an employer of labour with 4 danfo buses, each fetching an income of 80K per month asides his cleaner job of 80K per month. Don't forget about the amount he would have saved during those periods.

As for you, your sure believe of nabbing a job worth 300K might get dashed when reality hits you in the face. Even if you finally land the job, you are still going to remain a "yes sir" kind of person cos you've programmed yourself to work for others instead of employing people. Your mentality of comfort at work is one of the reasons why many youths are unemployed or not doing well in employment.

Sometimes, we are suppose to get muddy and dirty before we look shinny. Remember that diamonds are found in the rough.

U are totally correct
Re: Can You Work As A Cleaner If The Pay Is Good? by igorekpengmail: 11:22am On Jul 26, 2015
Hell nooo,
Even if I went to university to mark attendance, I appreciate been there.
Didn't go there to study cleaning.
Re: Can You Work As A Cleaner If The Pay Is Good? by Nobody: 11:35am On Jul 26, 2015
nebukadnezzari:

This is what sitting in a class room can do to ones mentality...those teachers and lecturers have crushed your spirit man, turned you into what kanye calls NEW SLAVES. money is the ultimate, your kids won't ask you what experience you have when they are starving.
Who is talking about a man with a family and kids to cater for? I was positing from the view of an average young and fresh aspiring graduate that is left with a choice to make a decision on taking a well paying but demeaning cleaning job or choose a lesser paying job that aligns with his chosen career.

By the way, you lot seems to be getting me wrong, the debate here isn't about the end(money) but the best means in achieving the desired end. If you think you'd rather scrub stinking toilets to get the pay is your best means towards achieving success as long as the pay is good, then good for you. I feel I'd rather earn stipend right now, gather the required skills and experience and in the long run still earn that big pay you and I are aiming to get. As the popular saying goes, there are multiple roads that leads to Rome.
Re: Can You Work As A Cleaner If The Pay Is Good? by LaurelP(m): 11:56am On Jul 26, 2015
hope4nigeria:
abeg leaf that thing, that doesnt work in nigeria anymore if you ask me, . you must be confortable in ur Job or your parent are still feeding you thats why! i once had such orientation untill a friend got offered as a driver in
United Nation Abuja, we laughed at him until we discovered this guy take home basic salary is 150k, with free medical insurance, he has been to many other country, free acomodation in ASOKORO. he has bult 3 houses in different location where he's collecting rent, you r there talking of career, na you wan invent l human live?
leave d guy make hin dey dia dey talk career. when odas are making real money
Re: Can You Work As A Cleaner If The Pay Is Good? by Esji80(m): 1:13pm On Jul 26, 2015
YES I can...As a graduate I am now earning 6k teaching in a Sec Sch
Re: Can You Work As A Cleaner If The Pay Is Good? by creepsyme(f): 3:02pm On Jul 26, 2015
Bring the job and I will make the best cleaner in the world! #teamcleaningcareer#

1 Like

Re: Can You Work As A Cleaner If The Pay Is Good? by LANDOS4RE4: 3:09pm On Jul 26, 2015
This is the kind I did for almost two years with EU PROGRAMME OFFICE IN OSOGBO even with just #15k paid from office petty cash. They combine cleaner with office assistant for me.I thank God for everything after ten yrs of graduation.
Re: Can You Work As A Cleaner If The Pay Is Good? by LANDOS4RE4: 3:10pm On Jul 26, 2015
This is the kind of job I did for almost two years with EU PROGRAMME OFFICE IN OSOGBO even with just #15k paid from office petty cash. They combine cleaner with office assistant for me.I thank God for everything after ten yrs of graduation.
Re: Can You Work As A Cleaner If The Pay Is Good? by onunwa21(m): 3:21pm On Jul 26, 2015
Guy u said 50-80k per month? 4 my company as a supervisor am being paid 40k. So pls don't mis dat opportunity. 4 9ga na moni we d talk.
Re: Can You Work As A Cleaner If The Pay Is Good? by alfredo4u(m): 3:44pm On Jul 26, 2015
MuhdG:

Lol. I laugh in klingon

I laugh in Swahili
Re: Can You Work As A Cleaner If The Pay Is Good? by LaurelP(m): 4:09pm On Jul 26, 2015
Esji80:
YES I can...As a graduate I am now earning 6k teaching in a Sec Sch
did u say 6k? or u meant 16k
Re: Can You Work As A Cleaner If The Pay Is Good? by Esji80(m): 5:05pm On Jul 26, 2015
LaurelP:
did u say 6k? or u meant 16k
I said 6k=Six thousand only.
Re: Can You Work As A Cleaner If The Pay Is Good? by vallyboi(m): 6:50pm On Jul 26, 2015
cleaner...dish washer ....gate man ....bring it on ....work no b work ...80k
Re: Can You Work As A Cleaner If The Pay Is Good? by RealEstate38: 7:08pm On Jul 26, 2015
Affordable LANDS FOR SALE and APARTMENTS FOR RENT at "33" area of Onitsha Anambra state, interested persons should contact KEN on 08136517728
Re: Can You Work As A Cleaner If The Pay Is Good? by litaninja(m): 7:50pm On Jul 26, 2015
I really want to hear that Klingon laff...

MuhdG:

Lol. I laugh in klingon
Re: Can You Work As A Cleaner If The Pay Is Good? by LollyFunmiz(f): 11:01pm On Jul 26, 2015
LaurelP:
just for fungrin. As A graduate, if u are offered a job as a cleaner for a pay of say 50 to 80k, would you accept it? Maybe in an oil company or multinational?

Yes, sure...
Re: Can You Work As A Cleaner If The Pay Is Good? by BabaGodwins: 7:13pm On Jul 27, 2015
If u have one pm me
Re: Can You Work As A Cleaner If The Pay Is Good? by cutiesoglam(f): 8:35am On Jul 28, 2015
ajasa4link:

But the wise man earning big as a cleaner will just save enough to start his own cleaning company and become an employer of labour ,while the one working in an audit firm looking for his 300k job will remain an employee developing other people's business for them.
yes... this is exactly what was on my mind. u said it all. earn the money as a cleaner ,after a yr quit and be your own boss.
Re: Can You Work As A Cleaner If The Pay Is Good? by hardeyhollar01(f): 10:04am On Jul 28, 2015
juicee1:
You have a great point which can only move the less enlightened.

Let's put it this way: he earns 80k mopping floors while you earn 30k seated in an airconditioned office typing on a desktop computer.

Assuming the amount the both of you spend on transportation and feeding for every month is 20k each, he will have 60k left for savings while yours will be 10k.

60k x 12months= N720,000

10k x 12months= N120,000

What can you investments 120k in? I don't know for now. Probably something that produces little, not even up to the 30k you earn from being an auditor. I stand to be corrected.

As for his 720K, if he's not a spendthrift, he can invest in transport biz. Placing a danfo bus on the road in lagos can fetch him 80K per month asides the 60K he earns from mopping floors.

80K + 60K= N140,000

140K x 12months= N1,680,000

While he's saving N1,680,000 after 2yrs, you will only have N240K after 2yrs of your comfortable audit job.

In the 3rd year, if he's extra smart, he can add another bus to increase his margin of profit. He can continue the trend in the 4th and 5th year.

By the 5th year, he would have become an employer of labour with 4 danfo buses, each fetching an income of 80K per month asides his cleaner job of 80K per month. Don't forget about the amount he would have saved during those periods.

As for you, your sure believe of nabbing a job worth 300K might get dashed when reality hits you in the face. Even if you finally land the job, you are still going to remain a "yes sir" kind of person cos you've programmed yourself to work for others instead of employing people. Your mentality of comfort at work is one of the reasons why many youths are unemployed or not doing well in employment.

Sometimes, we are suppose to get muddy and dirty before we look shinny. Remember that diamonds are found in the rough.
Re: Can You Work As A Cleaner If The Pay Is Good? by LANDOS4RE4: 4:38pm On Jul 28, 2015
This is the kind of job I did for almost two years with eu programme OFFICE IN osogbo even with just #15k paid from office petty cash. They combine cleaner with office assistant for me.I thank God for everything after ten yrs of graduation.

(Modify) (Quote) (Report) (Share)
Re: Can You Work As A Cleaner If The Pay Is Good? by Sparkles003(f): 4:46pm On Jul 28, 2015
LaurelP:
just for fungrin. As A graduate, if u are offered a job as a cleaner for a pay of say 50 to 80k, would you accept it? Maybe in an oil company or multinational?
with pleasure if the pay is right.
Have a distant friend that started as a cleaner in one of the oil servicing company,she worked on her self(online courses an all)today she is one of the executives in shell.
In life to be a king you have to first be a servant
Re: Can You Work As A Cleaner If The Pay Is Good? by Nobody: 7:40am On Jul 29, 2015
sonofananimal1:
HAVE YOU EVER ASK YOUR FATHER WHICH WORK HE DEY DO WERE HE TAKE DEY PAY YOUR SCHOOL FEEL, GIVE YOU CHOP MONEY, undecided

I GUESS NOT... SO STOP SAYING RUBBISH.

EVEN JESUS FATHER WAS A CARPENTER......

THIS GENERATION OF FALSE LIFE. KEEP DECEIVING YOURSELF

My Father never engaged in such work to train me to school, though he is late.
And God will never go thru that to cater for my kids. And as for you talking about false life, just simply say you can okay and stop speaking for others....

God save Our Youths of nowadays, everything on their head is money, money and money. No self dignity anymore. God help u man.
Re: Can You Work As A Cleaner If The Pay Is Good? by Nobody: 11:15am On Jul 29, 2015
Pls is the job available? Am soo interested reach me here. nkybife@yahoo.com.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Federal Ministry Of Agriculture And Rural Development Recruitment (36 Vacant Pos / NSE Recruitment Job Portal Launched Ahead Of Transparent Recruitment Process / Npower Selective Allowance Payment: We Have Not Been Paid!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.