Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,964 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:33 AM

I Want To Leave My Husband For My First Love.pls I Need You Advise. - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I Want To Leave My Husband For My First Love.pls I Need You Advise. (10494 Views)

Lady Looking For A Husband For Her Mother On Twitter / Wife Pours Hot Water On Husband For Denying Her Sex For 3 Weeks (photo) / Help, A Married Woman Refuses To Leave My House, How Can I Send Her Away? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Want To Leave My Husband For My First Love.pls I Need You Advise. by Kx: 10:54am On Mar 16, 2009
Your parents "gave" you to him as their meal ticket.You are their pension.
Nevertheless,if the fella was some road side mechanic hustling somewhere in naija,
something tells me,u wont have given in to ur parents to marry him.

You are regrettably a victim of circumstance.
Most parents have a way of thinking,"if he is abroad,he must be up and doing"
Too bad. angry

Whatever,apply ursef,and c dat the marriage works.
Re: I Want To Leave My Husband For My First Love.pls I Need You Advise. by Omolola1(f): 10:56am On Mar 16, 2009
@ Poster

I really pity your condition, some parents are so wicked, imagine giving a 17 year old to an older man abroad, It;s SICKENING!

However, it would be unwise leaving your husband now since you have a child for him.

Just try and stick with him, you can make the marriage work if you want to;

Please dont take a decision you would live to regret!
Re: I Want To Leave My Husband For My First Love.pls I Need You Advise. by JJYOU: 11:19am On Mar 16, 2009
**osisi:

I predicted right when I made this statement

The average Nigerian born  male marries in his mid thirties and those of them in America married in their late 30's to early 40's so when you said you married him at 17,I knew he had to be at least 38.
There are many Nigerian wives in that situation.
Is this man abusive, overly controlling and suspecting your every move?
That is the situation usually when a young man marries a much older man.

stop this your forensic work i beg.  where you dey when i need some one to help arrange my own 17yrs old?. i wish this man's age was this girls only wahala.  a bigger nightmares has just started. i hope she can pray? cos i cant see this guy and his people letting her go enjoy life as if nothing happened.

the more i know our people, the more i see why we turned out like this.  we dont learn anything from the past yet wait for a better tomorrow.  everyone will talk about this guys age as if 40yrs+  = common sence + wisdom. what if he was taken advantage of by the schemers we have back home?

may God help us.
sparta:

@ Poster,

I really feel for you, whao, your parents gave you out in marriage at the tender age of seventeen  shocked You were just a child still trying to find the woman in you and all they could think of was marriage.

I think we african children push this issue of parental consent and respect for them. At seventeen my father could not even choose a course for me to study let alone choose a man for me. What the heck?

Anyway sweety, the deed is done, i feel you have been cheated but i stiill do not believe in divorce because the other guy may even be worse if not why do we have people who have been married for 3, 4 or five times. Please for your child, reconsider, Pray for God's guidance and help, he cares about every litle detail of our lives. Talk to your ma about it too, am sure as a woman she will understand.

Its good to respect our parents but we have a right also to be happy.

there are brides of state my dear. you know your sensible advice is not always best in times like this.  every eyes is moist now so we cant see clearly now. 

where is that woli we have on NL? pls we need you to look into the future.
Re: I Want To Leave My Husband For My First Love.pls I Need You Advise. by sparta(f): 12:02pm On Mar 16, 2009
I wonder what JJYOU means.
Re: I Want To Leave My Husband For My First Love.pls I Need You Advise. by JJYOU: 12:16pm On Mar 16, 2009
sparta:

I wonder what JJYOU means.
pure and simple. you are telling the truth unfortunately you are a minority here. it sad no one is telling this young lady most people who do what she is about to do end up being hurt and what i call bride of state - single women suported mostly by the state.
Re: I Want To Leave My Husband For My First Love.pls I Need You Advise. by sparta(f): 12:37pm On Mar 16, 2009
Ok, JJYOU, I get you now. I hope She knows what she's doing.
Re: I Want To Leave My Husband For My First Love.pls I Need You Advise. by JustGood(m): 12:58pm On Mar 16, 2009
Its a sad state indeed.

However, I sincerely believe that nothing but hurt and regrets await you if you dump your husband for your old flame. you hoenestly think the guy still loves you?

If you were someone I knew, I would advise that you try and start seeing the good side of your husband - he must have some good points to him. Perhaps if you start doing that, you'll have reasons to love him.
Human beings make up reasons to love people although we try to deny it.

God bless you
Re: I Want To Leave My Husband For My First Love.pls I Need You Advise. by spikedcylinder: 4:15pm On Mar 16, 2009
She has been with him for 6 years and the love did not grow. When will it grow? When she's quarter to heaven?
Re: I Want To Leave My Husband For My First Love.pls I Need You Advise. by nj11(f): 4:21pm On Mar 16, 2009
Thank you guys so much for your advise,you guys are awesome,i am finally able to talk to somebody about what has be en eating me up for years. I am very much trying to find something to love in my husband,all there is,is that he loves me genuinely,which is hard to find now and he is a very kind individual.

My thing is the attraction,when you are not attracted to somebody is hard to enjoy being around them,intimacy is a problem,when it comes to that am still withdrawn, feels like being raped,waiting for it to be over.

I don't trust my ex 100% ,but am happy when am around him can be myself,i think he feels thesame way too,at-least he showes to be so into me,has that energy I've been longing for.

My only pain in it all is my child,don't want to hurt him,but i want to be happy.
Re: I Want To Leave My Husband For My First Love.pls I Need You Advise. by JustGood(m): 4:24pm On Mar 16, 2009
spikedcylinder:

She has been with him for 6 years and the love did not grow. When will it grow? When she's quarter to heaven?

You can ask her why she does not love him.

If you chose to see all the bad sides of someone, you'll never love the person. My greatgrandfather married my greatgrandmother by arrangement yet, they loved each other and we saw it. My GGM said that she could not help loving the man because he cared very much for her (I never knew my GGF).

We chose who we love - thats why girls always say they want a rich, tall bla bla bla etc. When they see those qualities, they will consciously fall in love. its about seeing things that we chose to value in the other person.
Re: I Want To Leave My Husband For My First Love.pls I Need You Advise. by JustGood(m): 4:29pm On Mar 16, 2009
nj11:

Thank you guys so much for your advise,you guys are awesome,i am finally able to talk to somebody about what has be en eating me up for years. I am very much trying to find something to love in my husband,all there is,is that he loves me genuinely,which is hard to find now and he is a very kind individual.

My thing is the attraction,when you are not attracted to somebody is hard to enjoy being around them,intimacy is a problem,when it comes to that am still withdrawn, feels like being raped,waiting for it to be over.

I don't trust my ex 100% ,but am happy when am around him can be myself,i think he feels thesame way too,at-least he showes to be so into me,has that energy I've been longing for.

My only pain in it all is my child,don't want to hurt him,but i want to be happy.

I can only pray that you whatever you do will turn out well for you. To say I know how you feel is to lie but I am trying to imagine it.
I couldn't have an erection with a woman to whom I am not sexually attracted or with whom I feel disgusted. This has put me in trouble in my younger days when a girl started saying things about me. I know it must be hard making love if you're not attracted to the person.

Please do try and meditate more on his good side. Good men are hard to find!
The guy who makes you feel good now may not be the same in a few years. At least this one really and truly loves you. Happiness can become fleeting if we are not careful!
Re: I Want To Leave My Husband For My First Love.pls I Need You Advise. by Kx: 4:36pm On Mar 16, 2009
Like someone said here,sometimes when we are bent on getting our ways,we suddenly bcome blind to the other side of things.

Ur ex's true color may not surface until he hooks u up.
Stick with d father of ur baby pls.
You dont find love until u make efforts to find it.
Good enof,ur man loves u,why not build on that.

Make it work,remember d saying"d devil u know,
Re: I Want To Leave My Husband For My First Love.pls I Need You Advise. by debosky(m): 5:23pm On Mar 16, 2009
With due respect JG, these are not the same times as those of your greatgrandfather and mother.

Forcing a 17 year old into marriage when her mates are getting an education and still growing as a child.

If you are not happy with it, leave your husband. I think your parents did a wicked thing in marrying you off at such an age, but I guess in their own eyes they took the best decision.

You cannot live the rest of your life paying for someone else's mistake. Telling a 23 year old girl to love a 40+ year old man? She says she still feels as if she is being raped during sex for goodness sake.

I suggest you leave the man as soon as possible. A loving single parent is definitely better than a loveless marriage. Kindness is good, but you need to enter into marriage on your OWN terms - YOU decide to go into it, so if anything goes wrong within, YOU deal with it without blaming anyone.
Re: I Want To Leave My Husband For My First Love.pls I Need You Advise. by Nobody: 5:38pm On Mar 16, 2009
offtopic -

That is the situation usually when a young man marries a much older man.

seems the gay threads are really getting to osisi grin
Re: I Want To Leave My Husband For My First Love.pls I Need You Advise. by JustGood(m): 5:47pm On Mar 16, 2009
@debosky,

I understand what you're saying but my point is that she does not know what will happen once the guy gets to travel abroad with her. Do you think the young man has actually been grieving her loss all these years?

To leave a man who loves you for the reason that you feel something for another man is nothing but courting disaster. Although I have nothing on which to base this feeling but I do feel very strongly that she will regret it later if she leaves her husband for a guy she thinks she loves.
If she levaes her husband because of something else, it's a different case. Besides, it seems the appearance of this ex has helped her ignite her dislike for her hubby.
Re: I Want To Leave My Husband For My First Love.pls I Need You Advise. by spikedcylinder: 7:04pm On Mar 16, 2009
@ OP

You shouldn't sacrifice your happiness. You only live once.
Re: I Want To Leave My Husband For My First Love.pls I Need You Advise. by osisi2(f): 7:14pm On Mar 16, 2009
let this be a warning to those young girls in Naija looking to marry an "americana"  or "abroad husband"
Love just doesn't begin to flow because he lives in the UK
You may be signing onto a life of misery

spikedcylinder:

That's the sad aspect.
In arranged marriages that survive,at least the woman comes around and starts to find love in the husband
but 6 years is a very long time
Many marriages that eventually hit the rocks at some point started with both indivuals crazily in love
I cannot imagine a situation where yone arrives at JFK airport and meets the spouse for the first time  and exclaims "oh my goodness" under her breath and yet you're expected to be a happy bride.

I heard of a woman who fell in love (over the phone) with this Nigerian man .
handsome,well built,great career
but when they met,the man had "quarter past 4 eyes" and she backed out.
Imagine if she had arrived from Naija and she'll be stuck with a man  turned to the east and beholding things on the west
I don't have anything against people with strabismus but a woman should make that choice if she can deal with that.
Physical attraction can't be undermined

1 Like

Re: I Want To Leave My Husband For My First Love.pls I Need You Advise. by Treetop20(m): 7:28pm On Mar 16, 2009
spikedcylinder:

@ OP

You shouldn't sacrifice your happiness. You only live once.

echoed
Re: I Want To Leave My Husband For My First Love.pls I Need You Advise. by DisGuy: 10:57pm On Mar 16, 2009
I have been married for six years to a man that am not inlove with,
been trying to work it out so far,but this past Christmas holiday i went
home to visit my family and met my first boyfriend,all the feelings i had
for him came rushing back,he tells me he feels thesame way too
.Now
that am back i can't stop thinking about him and its causing lot of strain
in my marriage,can't stand my husband anymore.So am thinking the best
is for me to leave the marriage.

I need help,advise pls!!!

how long did you spend with him more than a month? the feeling might come rushing back but it might not be enough to marry him and live together its been yearssss how are you so sure his doesnt have a family of his own or planning something completely different before you came into the picture from obodo oyinbo

1 Like

Re: I Want To Leave My Husband For My First Love.pls I Need You Advise. by inspiredm(m): 1:06am On Mar 17, 2009
**osisi:

let this be a warning to those young girls in Naija looking to marry an "americana"  or "abroad husband"
Love just doesn't begin to flow because he lives in the UK
You may be signing onto a life of misery

That's the sad aspect.
In arranged marriages that survive,at least the woman comes around and starts to find love in the husband
but 6 years is a very long time
Many marriages that eventually hit the rocks at some point started with both indivuals crazily in love
I cannot imagine a situation where yone arrives at JFK airport and meets the spouse for the first time  and exclaims "oh my goodness" under her breath and yet you're expected to be a happy bride.

I heard of a woman who fell in love (over the phone) with this Nigerian man .
handsome,well built,great career
but when they met,the man had "quarter past 4 eyes" and she backed out.
Imagine[b] if she had arrived from Naija and she'll be stuck with a man  turned to the east and beholding things on the west[/b]
I don't have anything against people with strabismus but a woman should make that choice if she can deal with that.
Physical attraction can't be undermined

Whoa, Youre some Sarky Caustic Chick
cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: I Want To Leave My Husband For My First Love.pls I Need You Advise. by DeReloaded: 1:10am On Mar 17, 2009
wetin be quarter past 4 eyes
Re: I Want To Leave My Husband For My First Love.pls I Need You Advise. by DeReloaded: 1:22am On Mar 17, 2009
You cannot live the rest of your life paying for someone else's mistake. Telling a 23 year old girl to love a 40+ year old man? She says she still feels as if she is being raped during sex for goodness sake.

I suggest you leave the man as soon as possible. A loving single parent is definitely better than a loveless marriage. Kindness is good, but you need to enter into marriage on your OWN terms - YOU decide to go into it, so if anything goes wrong within, YOU deal with it without blaming anyone.

As usual voice of wisdom

Whole story is so sad. After 6 years, the girl still feels like she's being raped when "making love with her husband" and people are going on about focusing on good side. what good side? How many of you married your wives without there being at least SOME physical attraction? Sheesh. Since when is being in a loveless marriage better than "bride of the state". Same person claiming "bride of state" was advocating divorce for some dude a few days before.

OP, I wish a child wasnt in the middle of this. If you do intend to leave, dont let it be cos of the ex (6 years is a long time and he might have changed), I say make sure you get an education, get yourself together and then make an informed decison, based on making yourself happy and not cos of some ex you THINK might still like you.

Some parents are just callous.

1 Like

Re: I Want To Leave My Husband For My First Love.pls I Need You Advise. by osisi2(f): 3:26am On Mar 17, 2009
DeReloaded:

wetin be quarter past 4 eyes

cross eyed
Re: I Want To Leave My Husband For My First Love.pls I Need You Advise. by okpunor(m): 1:30pm On Mar 17, 2009
Madam,mistakes are bound to occur.And if I may say,you are the cause of it all.You claim not be happy with your marriage,be careful in the manner in which you approach this issue.If you can tell your self the truth,nobody forced into this marriage,even though u claim that it's ur father that lurred u into such.
You are leaving ur husband for ur first love as u claim,be careful you might be heading on the wrong track again,u said u were 17yrs when he married you,so I won't be too far from the truth to say that u are 23yrs now,and your so called first love should also be within your age bracket.Be careful you might turn yourself into a laughing stock!I can tell you confidently that ur 'first love' will not marry you,and can not marry you,cos Nigerian men are traditional thinkers and don't be surprise that his people and colleagues will even advise him to have nothing to do with u,are u aware that if u take most of the advise u read here on NL,u will be misled!Cos majority of us aren't married and they will tell all sort of tales.

I'm not saying that u shouldn't walk away from your marriage,but is your happiness guaranteed at where u think u are heading?You are not the only person marrying an older man,daughters of celebrieties are getting married to older men,so u should know that your predicament is not a peculiar issue
Re: I Want To Leave My Husband For My First Love.pls I Need You Advise. by DeReloaded: 2:24pm On Mar 17, 2009
okpunor:

[color=#990000]Madam,mistakes are bound to occur.And if I may say,you are the cause of it all.

How is she the cause when she was sold to a man at 17?
Re: I Want To Leave My Husband For My First Love.pls I Need You Advise. by nj11(f): 4:32pm On Mar 17, 2009
@ okpunor

I'm sorry you don't understand how it all went down,but one thing i know i refuse to blame myself for anything. My father did not lure me into marriage,he threatened me into it, when i told him that if he made me get married that i was going to run away,what came out of his mouth more than once was, if you do not get married to this man he will go to the next village and see that i am dead in just a few days,he said that in front of my mother and other family members i called to help me plead with him that i wasn't ready for marriage. My choice was get married or die,and my dear i choose marriage. You know come to think of it i would have gone for death.

My ex is not the only reason i'm leaving,i want to be happy,want freedom,tired of being taking care of by people much older. Left my parent house into marriage,never being by my self. If i do go back to my ex let it be my choice.

You said something about daughters of celebrities getting married to older men,that was their choice, i wasn't giving one.
Re: I Want To Leave My Husband For My First Love.pls I Need You Advise. by benincitys(f): 11:05pm On Mar 17, 2009
nj11:

@ okpunor

I'm sorry you don't understand how it all went down,but one thing i know i refuse to blame myself for anything. My father did not lure me into marriage,he threatened me into it, when i told him that if he made me get married that i was going to run away,what came out of his mouth more than once was, if you do not get married to this man he will go to the next village and see that i am dead in just a few days,he said that in front of my mother and other family members i called to help me plead with him that i wasn't ready for marriage. My choice was get married or die,and my dear i choose marriage. You know come to think of it i would have gone for death.

My ex is not the only reason i'm leaving,i want to be happy,want freedom,tired of being taking care of by people much older. Left my parent house into marriage,never being by my self. If i do go back to my ex let it be my choice.

You said something about daughters of celebrities getting married to older men,that was their choice, i wasn't giving one. 

i hope you have money to take care of youself and boyfriend ? going to nigerian to mit up with your ex was not the best to do .
Re: I Want To Leave My Husband For My First Love.pls I Need You Advise. by Nobody: 9:16pm On Mar 18, 2009
benincitys:

i hope you have money to take care of youself and boyfriend ? going to nigerian to mit up with your ex was not the best to do .

She didn't travel to Nigeria to meet her ex, she met him by chance and fell in love for the second time.
Re: I Want To Leave My Husband For My First Love.pls I Need You Advise. by Skywalker5(m): 9:34pm On Mar 18, 2009
Just pray ur husband does not catch you with ur lost lost boyfriend.You are married with kids.No excuse.Do u think your lost lost boyfriend is a fool.Beta b careful the guy is not using you to collect money from you.after u got kids,u think he will be ready to take u in his home
I feel u not opening ur heart to ur husband to love him.there are things that he does that u would not apprciate now bcuz u feel u were forced into the marriage.You said he is very nice.How many nice men do u see out there.Love him for being nice.You know this man beta than ur long lost boyfriend.

Dont ruin ur future.Dont let any1 deceive you with divorce stuff and shits.those things are gonna affect u later on.Stick to ur husband .at least u have lovely kids u have to love him 4
Re: I Want To Leave My Husband For My First Love.pls I Need You Advise. by Nobody: 9:35pm On Mar 18, 2009
Sky-walker:

Just pray ur husband does not catch you with ur lost lost boyfriend.You are married with kids.No excuse.Do u think your lost lost boyfriend is a fool.Beta b careful the guy is not using you to collect money from you.after u got kids,u think he will be ready to take u in his home
I feel u not opening ur heart to ur husband to love him.there are things that he does that u would not apprciate now bcuz u feel u were forced into the marriage.You said he is very nice.How many nice men do u see out there.Love him for being nice.You know this man beta than ur long lost boyfriend.

Dont ruin ur future.Dont let any1 deceive you with divorce stuff and shits.those things are gonna affect u later on.Stick to ur husband .at least u have lovely kids u have to love him 4

Does having kids mean not having a choice anymore?
Re: I Want To Leave My Husband For My First Love.pls I Need You Advise. by Skywalker5(m): 9:41pm On Mar 18, 2009
michelin89:

Does having kids mean not having a choice anymore?
She got into it herself.got kids.do u know wot happen to most kids would parents are divorced? Besides how sure are u her former boyfirned would marry her after kids.Lets Be real here. What do u think would happen if her nice husband finds out she is seeing her ex.She never complained her husband cheated or sumthing.Did she? she said he is very nice. The way she got married is affecting her.she need to see the beta side of her husband.
and apprciate it now.
Re: I Want To Leave My Husband For My First Love.pls I Need You Advise. by Nobody: 9:47pm On Mar 18, 2009
Sky-walker:

She got into it herself.got kids.do u know wot happen to most kids would parents are divorced? Besides how sure are u her former boyfirned would marry her after kids.Lets Be real here. What do u think would happen if her nice husband finds out she is seeing her ex.She never complained her husband cheated or sumthing.Did she? she said he is very nice. The way she got married is affecting her.she need to see the beta side of her husband.
and apprciate it now.

I advise you read the posters comment. Never reply a thread by reading the title alone.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Please Recommend A Good Product Of Chest Freezer For Me To Buy / The Cheating And Lying Husband: Power Prayer Points For The Wife. / Happy Father's Day!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.