Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,914 members, 7,835,054 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 02:40 AM

Senate Crisis: NASS Clerk Faces Trial As Police Establish Forgery - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Senate Crisis: NASS Clerk Faces Trial As Police Establish Forgery (47486 Views)

Senate Crisis Gets Messier / Senate Crisis: APC Govs Divided Over Saraki / NASS Clerk And Saraki Snubbed Buhari‘s Request – Garba Shehu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Senate Crisis: NASS Clerk Faces Trial As Police Establish Forgery by joseph1832(m): 4:07am On Jul 26, 2015
Nienie:
This country tire me sha cry cry
Welcome to Nairaland dear. Here, I guarantee you will not be tired!.
Re: Senate Crisis: NASS Clerk Faces Trial As Police Establish Forgery by onatisi(m): 4:07am On Jul 26, 2015
There people think they are doing a season film or drama ,each week new episode. Bunch of jokers .
Re: Senate Crisis: NASS Clerk Faces Trial As Police Establish Forgery by camaraderi(m): 4:13am On Jul 26, 2015
chukwudi44:

Abiooo we have a serious forgery of an SSCE statement of result by Buhari himself.I think Saraki should fight back by also setting up an adhoc committe to probe the dullard forgery of the WAEC/Ccambridge's statement of result

Am sure if you are smart u shld know that the president has immunity and the Senators do not. If only you use 1% of your brain, you shld know that buhari is not a dullard, he was coursemate to Collin Powell,u can excuse his accent which is not the best and everybody's got an accent but the general is a fine officer and an intelligent one at that. No wonder he is your president. there is No way he could have rose to the rank of a General without using over 1% of his brain capabilities. Buhari was governor of 3 states in Nigeria ,became a minister of petroleum under General olusegun obasanjo.he was a GOC as well. Check out his achievements. Only in Nigeria will we have a Zoologist as president that can not even improve his field. I wonder where the zoo is uniport

22 Likes

Re: Senate Crisis: NASS Clerk Faces Trial As Police Establish Forgery by ChelseaDr(m): 4:21am On Jul 26, 2015
If l may ask, who makes the senate standing rules? When was the 2015 senate standing rules made? Where is the original copy of the 2015 senate standing rules and where is the forged copy? Somebody help me please.

4 Likes

Re: Senate Crisis: NASS Clerk Faces Trial As Police Establish Forgery by owobokiri(m): 4:22am On Jul 26, 2015
joseph1832:

How did PMB forge his way into Aso Rock? Was the 2015 election not free and fair?.

Very free and fair. For instance, almost 3 million votes were cast in Kano with no single void vote! Most of that number dominated by underaged almajiris . . Atleast the dogs and baboons were spared.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Senate Crisis: NASS Clerk Faces Trial As Police Establish Forgery by bigerboy200: 4:23am On Jul 26, 2015
femicyrus:
I have to wait for femi Adesina's version of this story before I comment. Too early to express joy about it only for him to label the story as untrue undecided lipsrsealed
Lol..with Adesina's version even(if he decides to give his own version),one can't still conclude..so many inconsistencies these days.. they'll say dis today,turn around and say something else tomorrow.

1 Like

Re: Senate Crisis: NASS Clerk Faces Trial As Police Establish Forgery by osimataylor(m): 4:31am On Jul 26, 2015
Na for Tfnubu court and his Paper ;THE NATION?
vivypretty:
hope he is really guilty

1 Like

Re: Senate Crisis: NASS Clerk Faces Trial As Police Establish Forgery by Nobody: 4:32am On Jul 26, 2015
lagmostkuit:
I'm sick and tired of Nigeria! lipsrsealed

Pls can someone take me to Togo? undecided
I will gladly do that grin grin, meanwhile are we winding down gradually to military ruling again or what? Buhari is too vindictive for my liking..I hate that snail of a president with passion, jezz.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senate Crisis: NASS Clerk Faces Trial As Police Establish Forgery by YoursGEJ(m): 4:37am On Jul 26, 2015
chukwudi44:
Story !!! Story!!! Story!!! The standing rules for 2007 died with the 6th senate.ditto the standing rules for 2011.The standing rules for 1999,2003,2007,2011 and 2015 were all done by the NASS bureacrats led by the clerk.

The NATION newspaper is only doing what it knows best (propaganda).Anyone who really wants to challenge the power of the clerk and other NASS bureacrats to make the standing rules for each NASS should go to court.

Mentioning the senate standing rules for 2007 which ended in 2011 is laughable to say the least.

Senate standing rules 1999,2003,2007,2011 and 2015 are unique and differant and each died(or will die) with the particular senate for which it was made.

Whether the senate rules 2007 and 2011 contains similar rules is immaterial.The fact remains that each set of standing rules died with the respective senate for which it was made

Look at this illiterate. When does the clerk of the senate unilaterally decide what the standing rules of each senate should be? What does the clerk base each new set of standing rules on? Does it make sense to your coconut head that a civil servant can just sit in his office and makes up rules for Nigeria's highest lawmaking chamber? Standing rules remain in place until the new senate decides what to do with them. Did you hear when Saraki and his goons compiled the new set of standing rules with two-thirds majority of their colleagues present?

That is why I love America. Everybody that is involved in this blatant impunity and assault on the democratic process would have been cooling off in jail already. What a lawless country.

17 Likes

Re: Senate Crisis: NASS Clerk Faces Trial As Police Establish Forgery by Sheggy13(m): 4:41am On Jul 26, 2015
ChelseaDr:
If l may ask, who makes the senate standing rules? When was the 2015 senate standing rules made? Where is the original copy of the 2015 senate standing rules and where is the forged copy? Somebody help me please.
That's the point being made by the aggrieved senators and the police. It was the job of the 7th senate to amend the standing order 2011 to be used to inaugurate the 8th senate, after proper extensive discussion and 2/3rd of the senators agreeing to such amendments. But since there was no such amendments, it then means the new one called 2015 were forged by certain group of persons mostly notably the clerk, David Mark and Ekweremadu for their selfish aims. They never saw the need to amend it then cos it favoured them the PDP being the majority in the house and they felt they'd still retain the majority position during this year's elections which took them by surprise. How a few persons amend the Senate standing order for a house of 108 members without their knowledge. That's impunity of the highest order. The fools supporting these moves in this thread are doing it cos their brother emerged deputy SP by such arrangements, and they would be able to chairman many committees even as opposition.

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Senate Crisis: NASS Clerk Faces Trial As Police Establish Forgery by osimataylor(m): 4:45am On Jul 26, 2015
Another propaganda paper?Its has long been established that the PUNCH newspapert and NATIONS are not reliable source of news again.They practice gutter journalism.lies ad lies all through.Shame!
dustmalik:

Mr. Wailer, you can also read another version of it here >>> http://www.punchng.com/news/police-confirm-senate-forgery/
Re: Senate Crisis: NASS Clerk Faces Trial As Police Establish Forgery by joseph1832(m): 4:46am On Jul 26, 2015
owobokiri:

Very free and fair. For instance, almost 3 million votes were cast in Kano with no single void vote! Most of that number dominated by underaged almajiris . . Atleast the dogs and baboons were spared.
And I suppose you know more than INEC right?

2 Likes

Re: Senate Crisis: NASS Clerk Faces Trial As Police Establish Forgery by Sheggy13(m): 4:52am On Jul 26, 2015
osimataylor:
Na for Tfnubu court and his Paper ;THE NATION?
My friend the news is everywhere. I guess it's Tinubu that wrote that of Punch for them too. See link:
http://www.punchng.com/news/police-confirm-senate-forgery/
Re: Senate Crisis: NASS Clerk Faces Trial As Police Establish Forgery by henryuzor(m): 4:54am On Jul 26, 2015
Xetima:
At last they have found a scape-goat in the Clerk. Civil Liberty Organisation should challenge this impunity.
Foolish comment
Re: Senate Crisis: NASS Clerk Faces Trial As Police Establish Forgery by brainpulse: 4:56am On Jul 26, 2015
YoursGEJ:

Look at this illiterate. When does the clerk of the senate unilaterally decide what the standing rules of each senate should be? What does the clerk base each new set of standing rules on? Does it make sense to your coconut head that a civil servant can just sit in his office and makes up rules for Nigeria's highest lawmaking chamber? Standing rules remain in place until the new senate decides what to do with them. Did you hear when Saraki and his goons compiled the new set of standing rules with two-thirds majority of their colleagues present?

That is why I love America. Everybody that is involved in this blatant impunity and assault on the democratic process would have been cooling off in jail already. What a lawless country.
Thanks, he is indeed an illetrate more than a dumb. That was the norm during goatnathan and PDP era, forging everything possible, misappropriation and releasing monies at all levels illegally. It is not business as usual, there is a scape goat and must roast. Tha wailing wailers and master forgers from a part of this country are not happy about this. Nigeria is regaining her lost glories.

5 Likes

Re: Senate Crisis: NASS Clerk Faces Trial As Police Establish Forgery by BraniacX(m): 5:00am On Jul 26, 2015
lagmostkuit:
I'm sick and tired of Nigeria! lipsrsealed

Pls can someone take me to Togo? undecided

You can come to moa's place, it is been officially relabelled Togo's consulate for you grin
Re: Senate Crisis: NASS Clerk Faces Trial As Police Establish Forgery by tuniski: 5:00am On Jul 26, 2015
koboko69:
hahhahahahahahaha

Saraki nor know say cow wey dey in a hurry go USA go comeback as corned beef.

OVER AMBITION KILLS......

TICK TOCK TICK TOCK, i forsee the wailing wailers wailing uncontrollably in few days from now.............

Saraki is the senate president APC/Buhari should humble themselves and move on. Whatever the rules that would have been used then and now, saraki will defeat Lawan simple as ABC. It is even more glaring now saraki will win a rerun by far. As the days go by, apc/buhari losing goodwill like water in a basket.
Re: Senate Crisis: NASS Clerk Faces Trial As Police Establish Forgery by Nobody: 5:01am On Jul 26, 2015
So the police is busy playing APC politricks while boko haram is slaughtering nigerians by the bushel

2 Likes

Re: Senate Crisis: NASS Clerk Faces Trial As Police Establish Forgery by Franzeez(m): 5:03am On Jul 26, 2015
sheymoni:
The senate will remain stagnant with saraki as the president for the next 4 years. He seems to be having more problems from his party than the opposition . It is a self inflicted injury anyway

If the senate is stagnant the FG is also stagnant mind you. Perhaps this govt has nothing to offer sha

2 Likes

Re: Senate Crisis: NASS Clerk Faces Trial As Police Establish Forgery by BraniacX(m): 5:06am On Jul 26, 2015
dustmalik:

Mr. Wailer, you can also read another version of it here >>> http://www.punchng.com/news/police-confirm-senate-forgery/

LYING LIAR inc, you and thief-nubu can print it in as many pro-APcheat south-wastern media houses as you like, case is dead on arrival, only an impossible 2/3rd majority from the NASS can undo this, now you can go boil stone grin

3 Likes

Re: Senate Crisis: NASS Clerk Faces Trial As Police Establish Forgery by Gondonu: 5:06am On Jul 26, 2015
When the alleged forgery case of Buhari certificate was ongoing,was it followed up with such speed as in this case? No! Nigeria is a shit hole.SMH

2 Likes

Re: Senate Crisis: NASS Clerk Faces Trial As Police Establish Forgery by tdmoggy: 5:09am On Jul 26, 2015
The Presidency is investigating alleged breach of protocol by the Clerk by attending the breaking of fast with the President.

Is this the best use of resources ? Investigating people for attending breaking of fast?

2 Likes

Re: Senate Crisis: NASS Clerk Faces Trial As Police Establish Forgery by BraniacX(m): 5:11am On Jul 26, 2015
joseph1832:
At the embolden, are you saying you know more than the police?

Is that seriously a question? undecided

Even my unborn baby knows more than the police and don't ask me how but remember with the Nigerian police, truth is less important than sucking up to and kissing the asses of powerful people plus since they are now experts in forgery, shouldn't buhari's cer-THIEF-icate be revisited? grin

4 Likes

Re: Senate Crisis: NASS Clerk Faces Trial As Police Establish Forgery by Nienie(f): 5:14am On Jul 26, 2015
joseph1832:
Welcome to Nairaland dear. Here, I guarantee you will not be tired!.
lol ok o

1 Like

Re: Senate Crisis: NASS Clerk Faces Trial As Police Establish Forgery by BraniacX(m): 5:15am On Jul 26, 2015
Nienie:
This country tire me sha cry cry
No worry, I gat ya back boo grin
Re: Senate Crisis: NASS Clerk Faces Trial As Police Establish Forgery by OrlandoOwoh(m): 5:17am On Jul 26, 2015
Chukwudi44, take heart.

4 Likes

Re: Senate Crisis: NASS Clerk Faces Trial As Police Establish Forgery by Nienie(f): 5:18am On Jul 26, 2015
BraniacX:

No worry, I gat ya back boo grin
I am glad
cheesy
Re: Senate Crisis: NASS Clerk Faces Trial As Police Establish Forgery by BraniacX(m): 5:22am On Jul 26, 2015
Nienie:
I am glad cheesy
No p, now redirect all your disturbers to me cool
Re: Senate Crisis: NASS Clerk Faces Trial As Police Establish Forgery by Tchiman(m): 5:23am On Jul 26, 2015
Xetima:

[size=18pt]Confused fellows. DEAD CASE!!! The Senate Standing Order (2007) DIED with 7th Assembly. Mtcheeeeeew!!![/size]

So that means all the bills/laws passed/made by the sventh assembly died as well with the 7th assembly??...you must be a joker......are u kidding me with those your statements up there?

Someone once said ''sofily sofily catchee monkey"..............A cow that hurriedly went to america, will soon come back as corn-beef"....
That's the case of saraki and his team of hurriedly assembled principal officers of the 8th assembly!

6 Likes

Re: Senate Crisis: NASS Clerk Faces Trial As Police Establish Forgery by nicholasis(m): 5:23am On Jul 26, 2015
It should be well investigated ....
Re: Senate Crisis: NASS Clerk Faces Trial As Police Establish Forgery by christinie(f): 5:24am On Jul 26, 2015
Let me educate you guys on what happens to files when they are sent from the Police to the Ministry of Justice.
1. The file is sent to the Ministry of Justice by the Police to the Attorney General's office.
2. The A.G looks into the file to see which Department the file should go to. (in the instant case the file should go to the Department of Public Prosecutions (D.P.P.)).
3. The Director of Public Prosecutions will peruse the file and assign to a Counsel, giving him about a week to write a legal opinion.
4. The counsel writes the opinion. Sometimes he has other pending opinions to write so it might take him two weeks to submit. In the instant case the counsel will be warned to keep to time as the President has interest in the matter.
5. When the counsel is done with the writing of the opinion, he submits it on the table of the Chief Litigation Officer.
6. The Chief Litigation Officer takes the file to the Office of the Director of Public Prosecutions.
7. The Director of Public prosecution reads the opinion of the counsel, and thereafter assigns it through the Chief Litigation officer to another counsel (most times a senior to the 1st counsel) for his perusal and vetting giving him a week to vet.
8.The counsel takes about a week, sometimes two weeks (depending on his work load and his attitude towards work) to vet.
9. The counsel sends the file to the office of the Chief Litigation Officer for submission, after vetting.
10. The Chief Litigation officer sends the file back to the office of the Director of public Prosecutions.
11. The Director sends it to another counsel (mostly a Chief Counsel) for re-vetting after which he submits to the Chief Litigation officer who in turn submits to the D.P.P.
12. The D.P.P assigns the file to an Assistant Director for review within a week.
The Assistant Director reviews within a week or 2weeks and sends the file to the Office of the Chief Lit. Officer for submission.
13. The Chief Lit. Officer sends the file back to DPP.
14. The DPP sits down to study all the opinions and adopts the ones he wants to adopt and criticise the ones he disagrees with. He might even end up not adopting any of the opinions but have a different opinion entirely. (mind you all the opinions must be backed with authorities, that is cases and (or) Sections of the Law.
15. The DPP sends the file back to the office of the A.G.
16. The A.G uses his discretion to either adopt or oppose the Legal Opinion. His decision is final. He sends the file back to the DPP.
The DPP assigns the file to a counsel to draft a legal advice based on the DPP's Legal Opinion or the A.G's opinion if the A.G has a contrary Opinion.
17. When the counsel is done with the Legal Advice, he sends it back to the DPP through the Chief Lit. Officer.
18. The Director corrects the Legal advice and sends it back to the counsel to effect the corrections after which he signs the Legal advice and dispatch to the Police.
19. The Police cannot charge the suspect to a High Court without an Information which must be written by the Office of the DPP.
20. The DPP assigns a counsel to draft the information based on the recommendations of the DPP or AG in the Legal Opinion.
21. When the Counsel returns the Information to the DPP through the Chief Lit. Officer, the DPP re-assigns the Information (charge sheet) to another counsel for vetting. When the Director approves the Information, he signs and sends back to the Chief Litigation Officer for filing.
22. The information will be filed and the Defence Counsel is to be served with a copy by a court bailiff.
The above listed procedure can take 4 months to complete. Sometimes information is not filed till after a year (though the judges seriously frown at that and can grant a suspect who is in prison custody bail for lack of filing of information by the Govt counsel except in capital offences or very serious offences though bail can still be given in special circumstances).
My dear fellow Nairalanders, especially APC supporters, don't rejoice yet.
The journey has just begun.
It is well!!!
Kikikikikikikikikikikikikikiki!

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senate Crisis: NASS Clerk Faces Trial As Police Establish Forgery by Nobody: 5:25am On Jul 26, 2015
OrlandoOwoh:
Chukwudi44, take heart.
I think you should rather feel sorry for your self. Last time I checked Saraki/Ekweremadu are still the Senate President/ Deputy Senate President and will remain so until APC is able to muster 2/3 majority to impeach them

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Ben Bruce Reacts To Lai Mohammed's Blaming Of GEJ For Fuel Scarcity (photos) / Wike, Secondus & Others Dance As They Celebrate Pdp’s Victory In Rivers (photos) / Ngige: My Monthly Salary As Minister Is N942,000 Monthly After Tax (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.