Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,117 members, 7,860,034 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 12:58 AM

Senate Crisis: NASS Clerk Faces Trial As Police Establish Forgery - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Senate Crisis: NASS Clerk Faces Trial As Police Establish Forgery (47548 Views)

Senate Crisis Gets Messier / Senate Crisis: APC Govs Divided Over Saraki / NASS Clerk And Saraki Snubbed Buhari‘s Request – Garba Shehu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Senate Crisis: NASS Clerk Faces Trial As Police Establish Forgery by Nobody: 5:25am On Jul 26, 2015
BraniacX:

Is that seriously a question? undecided

Even my unborn baby knows more than the police and don't ask me how but remember with the Nigerian police, truth is less important than sucking up to and kissing the asses of powerful people plus since they are now experts in forgery, shouldn't buhari's cer-THIEF-icate be revisited? grin

you dey mind the oponmu?
Re: Senate Crisis: NASS Clerk Faces Trial As Police Establish Forgery by BraniacX(m): 5:28am On Jul 26, 2015
camaraderi:

Am sure if you are smart u shld know that the president has immunity and the Senators do not. If only you use 1% of your brain, you shld know that buhari is not a dullard, he was coursemate to Collin Powell,u can excuse his accent which is not the best and everybody's got an accent but the general is a fine officer and an intelligent one at that. No wonder he is your president. there is No way he could have rose to the rank of a General without using over 1% of his brain capabilities. Buhari was governor of 3 states in Nigeria ,became a minister of petroleum under General olusegun obasanjo.he was a GOC as well. Check out his achievements. Only in Nigeria will we have a Zoologist as president that can not even improve his field. I wonder where the zoo is uniport

The guy you're addressing might have 1% brain abilities but you got only shyte in yours, so all i have to do is commit a crime and remind everybody i drink akamu with obama every morning abi? The president might have immunity from prosecution while in office but can be prosecuted after he leaves and the option of impeachment is always there especially after his 97% to 5% exposition.

Re: Senate Crisis: NASS Clerk Faces Trial As Police Establish Forgery by OrlandoOwoh(m): 5:29am On Jul 26, 2015
chukwudi44:

I think you should rather feel sorry for your self. Last time I checked Saraki/Ekweremadu are still the Senate President/ Deputy Senate President and will remain so until APC is able to muster 2/3 majority to impeach them
When a senator said that Saraki and Ekweremadu would be impeached this week, what did you think he meant? Your wailing just started.

5 Likes

Re: Senate Crisis: NASS Clerk Faces Trial As Police Establish Forgery by Nobody: 5:30am On Jul 26, 2015
Tchiman:

So that means all the bills/laws passed/made by the sventh assembly died as well with the 7th assembly??...you must be a joker......are u kidding me with those your statements up there?

Someone once said ''sofily sofily catchee monkey"..............A cow that hurriedly went to america, will soon come back as corn-beef"....
That's the case of saraki and his team of hurriedly assembled principal officers of the 8th assembly!

As painful as it is for you the fact remains that the 2007 Senate rule died with the 6th Senate hence the creation of the 2011 Senate rule for the 7 th Senate. The same thing is applicable to the 2011 Senate rules. Unlike our constitution(we do not have 1999,2003,2007,2011 and 2015 constitutions)

If you want to dispute that fact you go to court and not the police.

1 Like

Re: Senate Crisis: NASS Clerk Faces Trial As Police Establish Forgery by Nobody: 5:33am On Jul 26, 2015
OrlandoOwoh:

When a senator said that Saraki and Ekweremadu would be impeached this week, what did you think he meant? Your wailing just started.
It meant he is an illiterate as only a minimum of 73 senators can impeach Saraki/Ekweremadu. Since Buhari failed mathematics I do expect his supporters to know any better .

Come Tuesday July 28 Senators Marafa and Hunkuyi would be suspended by the Senate leadership

1 Like

Re: Senate Crisis: NASS Clerk Faces Trial As Police Establish Forgery by Nienie(f): 5:34am On Jul 26, 2015
BraniacX:

No p, now redirect all your disturbers to me cool
When they come
wink
Re: Senate Crisis: NASS Clerk Faces Trial As Police Establish Forgery by BraniacX(m): 5:35am On Jul 26, 2015
chukwudi44:

As painful as it is for you the fact remains that the 2007 Senate rule died with the 6th Senate hence the creation of the 2011 Senate rule for the 7 th Senate. The same thing is applicable to the 2011 Senate rules. Unlike our constitution(we do not have 1999,2003,2007,2011 and 2015 constitutions)

If you want to dispute that fact you go to court and not the police.

The only court this will end up in is in the court of public opinion where the gullible rule the jury and propaganda reigns supreme so stop wasting your breath with LYING LIARS inc

1 Like

Re: Senate Crisis: NASS Clerk Faces Trial As Police Establish Forgery by Nobody: 5:35am On Jul 26, 2015
Sheggy13:

That's the point being made by the aggrieved senators and the police. It was the job of the 7th senate to amend the standing order 2011 to be used to inaugurate the 8th senate, after proper extensive discussion and 2/3rd of the senators agreeing to such amendments. But since there was no such amendments, it then means the new one called 2015 were forged by certain group of persons mostly notably the clerk, David Mark and Ekweremadu for their selfish aims. They never saw the need to amend it then cos it favoured them the PDP being the majority in the house and they felt they'd still retain the majority position during this year's elections which took them by surprise. How a few persons amend the Senate standing order for a house of 108 members without their knowledge. That's impunity of the highest order. The fools supporting these moves in this thread are doing it cos their brother emerged deputy SP by such arrangements, and they would be able to chairman many committees even as opposition.

It is not the job of the 7th Senate to make rules for the next Senate. Where is it written? Which Senate created the 1999 Senate rule if I may ask?

3 Likes

Re: Senate Crisis: NASS Clerk Faces Trial As Police Establish Forgery by Nobody: 5:36am On Jul 26, 2015
BraniacX:

The only court this will end up in is in the court of public opinion where the gullible rule the jury and propaganda reigns supreme so stop wasting your breath with LYING LIARS inc
They know they have no case else they would have been in court by now

3 Likes

Re: Senate Crisis: NASS Clerk Faces Trial As Police Establish Forgery by BraniacX(m): 5:37am On Jul 26, 2015
Nienie:
When they come wink
And tell them the role of Disturber in Chief has been occupied cool
Re: Senate Crisis: NASS Clerk Faces Trial As Police Establish Forgery by OrlandoOwoh(m): 5:39am On Jul 26, 2015
chukwudi44:

It meant he is an illiterate as only a minimum of 73 senators can impeach Saraki/Ekweremadu. Since Buhari failed mathematics I do expect his supporters to know any better .

Come Tuesday July 28 Senators Marafa and Hunkuyi would be suspended by the Senate leadership
Go find out how Enwerem, Okadigbo, Wabara and Etteh were impeached. This is Nigeria.

5 Likes

Re: Senate Crisis: NASS Clerk Faces Trial As Police Establish Forgery by baby124: 5:39am On Jul 26, 2015
Na wa o
Re: Senate Crisis: NASS Clerk Faces Trial As Police Establish Forgery by ralph28(m): 5:39am On Jul 26, 2015
I belong to no body,I am for all.

Now you want to kill the clerk for attending common dinner.

Na wa you!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senate Crisis: NASS Clerk Faces Trial As Police Establish Forgery by Nobody: 5:40am On Jul 26, 2015
Xetima:

[size=18pt]Confused fellows. DEAD CASE!!! The Senate Standing Order (2007) DIED with 7th Assembly. Mtcheeeeeew!!![/size]
Thank u jare. NPF is just playing the script of Buhari/APC.
The management has said that they have the prerogative to set the rules for the election since the 8th assembly had not yet been inaugurated. I think that is clear enough.
HAD IT BEEN THEY DIDN'T TAKE THOSE STEPS, MAYBE THE ALLEGATON WOULD'VE BEEN THAT THE RULES THAT GOVERNED THE ELECTIONS WERE DEAD. I take it that that may've been the original intention of the Buhari led APC but seen that the clerk did the needful, they then swung round to lay accusations of forgery.
Whichever way they would've been blamed.
It's just like a situation where VIO officials want to pin you down at all cost, there is no how they won't find something no matter how law abiding you are.

2 Likes

Re: Senate Crisis: NASS Clerk Faces Trial As Police Establish Forgery by BraniacX(m): 5:40am On Jul 26, 2015
chukwudi44:

They know they have no case else they would have been in court by now

And seriously, who is actually wailing here? To think the daft hypocrites Label us wailers undecided just goes to say that noise making in Nigeria is a virtue, shout the loudest and longest and gullible peeps will start to say you're obviously right (@ least, if only to earn them respite from your noise)

2 Likes

Re: Senate Crisis: NASS Clerk Faces Trial As Police Establish Forgery by Nobody: 5:41am On Jul 26, 2015
camaraderi:

Am sure if you are smart u shld know that the president has immunity and the Senators do not. If only you use 1% of your brain, you shld know that buhari is not a dullard, he was coursemate to Collin Powell,u can excuse his accent which is not the best and everybody's got an accent but the general is a fine officer and an intelligent one at that. No wonder he is your president. there is No way he could have rose to the rank of a General without using over 1% of his brain capabilities. Buhari was governor of 3 states in Nigeria ,became a minister of petroleum under General olusegun obasanjo.he was a GOC as well. Check out his achievements. Only in Nigeria will we have a Zoologist as president that can not even improve his field. I wonder where the zoo is uniport
Buhari would not have immunity if the courts were to rule that he was never qualified to be president in the first place. The outcome of such a judgement would be that the APC had no candidate during the last elections hence their 15 million votes would be nullified and GEJ would be sworn in as president having had largest amount of valid votes cast

2 Likes

Re: Senate Crisis: NASS Clerk Faces Trial As Police Establish Forgery by omojeesu(m): 5:42am On Jul 26, 2015
Xetima:

[size=18pt]Confused fellows. DEAD CASE!!! The Senate Standing Order (2007) DIED with 7th Assembly. Mtcheeeeeew!!![/size]

Which one should they have used?

If the 8th, who created or should have created it?

I expect those handling the case to know better except, of course, they are following some script!

Still a shame!!
Re: Senate Crisis: NASS Clerk Faces Trial As Police Establish Forgery by Nobody: 5:43am On Jul 26, 2015
OrlandoOwoh:

Go find out how Enwerem, Okadigbo, Wabara and Etteh were impeached. This is Nigeria.
Olodo those impeachments even had more than the required amount of votes needed. You just showed you are a real baby in Nigeria's political history

8 Likes

Re: Senate Crisis: NASS Clerk Faces Trial As Police Establish Forgery by Novelman(f): 5:44am On Jul 26, 2015
scape goat in the making
Re: Senate Crisis: NASS Clerk Faces Trial As Police Establish Forgery by Nienie(f): 5:44am On Jul 26, 2015
BraniacX:

And tell them the role of Disturber in Chief has been occupied cool

copied sire grin
Re: Senate Crisis: NASS Clerk Faces Trial As Police Establish Forgery by Nobody: 5:45am On Jul 26, 2015
omojeesu:

Which one should they have used?

If the 8th, who created or should have created it?

I expect those handling the case to know better except, of course, they are following some script!

Still a shame!!
The Senate clerk has been the one creating the house rules since 1999.He is the only one who can claim the Senate rules were forged. The house rules for each Senate is unique

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senate Crisis: NASS Clerk Faces Trial As Police Establish Forgery by Nobody: 5:46am On Jul 26, 2015
BraniacX:

And seriously, who is actually wailing here? To think the daft hypocrites Label us wailers undecided just goes to say that noise making in Nigeria is a virtue, shout the loudest and longest and gullible peeps will start to say you're obviously right (@ least, if only to earn them respite from your noise)
Don't mind the fools wailing so early in the morning when they should be preparing to go to court to challenge the authourity of the Senate clerk to create the Senate rules

1 Like

Re: Senate Crisis: NASS Clerk Faces Trial As Police Establish Forgery by ZUBY77(m): 5:49am On Jul 26, 2015
chukwudi44:

On the contrary the senat would remain very active for the next four years and will work hard to ensure that Buhari's paeroto principle of 97% and 5 % is not actualised!!!! About the so-called forgery.The idiots and their masters know they have no case else they would have been in court long before now.All the do is to sponsor propaganda in the media just like this one to decieve the gullible ones

We know this is why Oldman is not happy..
This Senate will not allow him to marginalise any part of the country with impunity.

There are questions that begs for answers, this same clerk claimed Buhari authorised him to conduct elections..
Why can't Buhari talk?
Why keeping mute like the certificate saga?

3 Likes

Re: Senate Crisis: NASS Clerk Faces Trial As Police Establish Forgery by Nobody: 5:50am On Jul 26, 2015
Great
Re: Senate Crisis: NASS Clerk Faces Trial As Police Establish Forgery by otanana: 5:53am On Jul 26, 2015
Here in Kenya, we don't experience trash like this! undecided
Re: Senate Crisis: NASS Clerk Faces Trial As Police Establish Forgery by BraniacX(m): 5:55am On Jul 26, 2015
This case is dead and extinct like the dinosaurs, but more importantly is the ramifications for buhari especially if this case is interpreted as having his backing, it is one thing to be "uninvoled" and/or covertly involved in NASS affairs, it is another to overtly try to exert control on the NASS, he's just making unnecessary enemies for himself so that he can have someone to point accusing fingers to after he fails angry

I think if this persists, saraki's kid gloves will come of sooner than expected and bubu's presidency will soon be giving him and his loyalists panic attacks and induced amnesia

1 Like

Re: Senate Crisis: NASS Clerk Faces Trial As Police Establish Forgery by Nobody: 5:56am On Jul 26, 2015
@Christine good summation, the process has checks and balances. BTW do you work with the MOJ.
For the debate proper; politics seems to affect the way we think these days. Nobody cares to note that The Presidency is not involved in the matter in any way. Senator Saraki is not accused of forgery. It's not about him. The petition to the Police was written by ONE senator. The DPP Advice could set aside Police investigations. The court could also rules in favour of the Clerk.
Personally I prefer the 'forged' Senate Rule. It is more accommodating.

3 Likes

Re: Senate Crisis: NASS Clerk Faces Trial As Police Establish Forgery by Sheggy13(m): 5:57am On Jul 26, 2015
chukwudi44:

It is not the job of the 7th Senate to make rules for the next Senate. Where is it written? Which Senate created the 1999 Senate rule if I may ask?
What I'm saying is the 8th senate must abide by what is in the books used by the 7th Senate until a call for amendments is made by any senator and the technicalities involved were succinctly captured in Paragraph 110(1) which is there for you to read, talking about simple majority agreeing to these amendments. At what time in the life of this 8th Senate was that done for a new standing order with different amendments to be adopted by the senate? Thank God the Senate sittings are not done in hiding,so we're all privy to these info. You know the truth but will always look the other way as the status quo now favours your camp. If the deputy SP's name had been one Adekunle and APC happened to be the minority, you'd have crying being cheated now but the truth has to be said always even if it favours u or not. PDP senators who are stakeholders have agreed of not having any knowledge of such amendments but I guess u on Nairaland here know better.

4 Likes

Re: Senate Crisis: NASS Clerk Faces Trial As Police Establish Forgery by Nobody: 6:03am On Jul 26, 2015
Sheggy13:

What I'm saying is the 8th senate must abide by what is in the books used by the 7th Senate until a call for amendments is made by any senator and the technicalities involved were succinctly captured in Paragraph 110(1) which is there for you to read, talking about simple majority agreeing to these amendments. At what time in the life of this 8th Senate was that done for a new standing order with different amendments to be adopted by the senate? Thank God the Senate sittings are not done in hiding,so we're all privy to these info. You know the truth but will always look the other way as the status quo now favours your camp. If the deputy SP's name had been one Adekunle and APC happened to be the minority, you'd have crying being cheated now but the truth has to be said always even if it favours u or not. PDP senators who are stakeholders have agreed of not having any knowledge of such amendments but I guess u on Nairaland here know better.

No one cares about your opinion, we simply go by the books. The fact is that the 2015 Senate has a set of rules by which it would operate and that is been followed. The 2011 Senate rule died with the seventh Senate. If you want an ammendment to the new rule, you still have a chance when this Senate is still alive to try and muster 2/3 majority of the votes to amend it.
It is the responsibility of the Senate clerk to create rules for the incoming Senate and not for the outgoing Senate to create rules for the incoming Senate. Which Senate created the 1999 Senate rule if I may ask?

If you want to challenge the power of the Senate clerk to create rules for the incoming Senate simply go to court!!!!

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Senate Crisis: NASS Clerk Faces Trial As Police Establish Forgery by OrlandoOwoh(m): 6:07am On Jul 26, 2015
chukwudi44:

Olodo those impeachments even had more than the required amount of votes needed. You just showed you are a real baby in Nigeria's political history
Oponu, who is talking about the number of people that voted? You are still learning Nigerian politics, where anything can happen.

1 Like

Re: Senate Crisis: NASS Clerk Faces Trial As Police Establish Forgery by Niseamaka(m): 6:07am On Jul 26, 2015
Xetima:

The courts will decide that soon, not you.
Re: Senate Crisis: NASS Clerk Faces Trial As Police Establish Forgery by tayejay(m): 6:10am On Jul 26, 2015
[color=#990000][/color]
chukwudi44:
Story !!! Story!!! Story!!! The standing rules for 2007 died with the 6th senate.ditto the standing rules for 2011.The standing rules for 1999,2003,2007,2011 and 2015 were all done by the NASS bureacrats led by the clerk.

The NATION newspaper is only doing what it knows best (propaganda).Anyone who really wants to challenge the power of the clerk and other NASS bureacrats to make the standing rules for each NASS should go to court.

Mentioning the senate standing rules for 2007 which ended in 2011 is laughable to say the least.

Senate standing rules 1999,2003,2007,2011 and 2015 are unique and differant and each died(or will die) with the particular senate for which it was made.

Whether the senate rules 2007 and 2011 contains similar rules is immaterial.The fact remains that each set of standing rules died with the respective senate for which it was made

Pls comme on... and u expect that the death of the senate rule to be by mere pronouncement and after its already been ammended? This act of caricature of a very important institution should be severely punished to serve as deterrent

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Governor Zulum On Abuja-Bound Commercial Flight (Photos) / Charge Sheet For Godwin Emefiele / Travel Ban: Timi Frank Releases ‘authentic List’ Of Those Affected

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.