Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,096 members, 7,859,980 topics. Date: Thursday, 13 June 2024 at 10:48 PM

Senate Crisis: NASS Clerk Faces Trial As Police Establish Forgery - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Senate Crisis: NASS Clerk Faces Trial As Police Establish Forgery (47545 Views)

Senate Crisis Gets Messier / Senate Crisis: APC Govs Divided Over Saraki / NASS Clerk And Saraki Snubbed Buhari‘s Request – Garba Shehu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Senate Crisis: NASS Clerk Faces Trial As Police Establish Forgery by BeeBeeOoh(m): 7:07am On Jul 26, 2015
chuka5000:

U follow for the winch ni.
NO! I dey do night vigil ni na im holiest spirit cum lead me enter here..

1 Like

Re: Senate Crisis: NASS Clerk Faces Trial As Police Establish Forgery by adamskutty(m): 7:07am On Jul 26, 2015
lagmostkuit:
I'm sick and tired of Nigeria! lipsrsealed

Pls can someone take me to Togo? undecided
huhuhuhu! Dearieeee it is very easy thing, if u are in lasgidi, all u need do is take the bus pass through benin and into togo u enter, no need for visa or international passport. grin grin grin

It is very very easy, i tell u oooo. grin grin

1 Like

Re: Senate Crisis: NASS Clerk Faces Trial As Police Establish Forgery by BizBayo: 7:08am On Jul 26, 2015
docadams:

Follow Chukwudi and you will fall into intellectual pit. He has a brain of a kid. He's aging without growing up.

Aging without growing up? Hahaha.. Eleyi gidi gan
Re: Senate Crisis: NASS Clerk Faces Trial As Police Establish Forgery by BizBayo: 7:11am On Jul 26, 2015
imhotep:
So the police is busy playing APC politricks while boko haram is slaughtering nigerians by the bushel

You can show your patriotism by heading to Sambisa. You will surely be the man of the year.

2 Likes

Re: Senate Crisis: NASS Clerk Faces Trial As Police Establish Forgery by BizBayo: 7:12am On Jul 26, 2015
Gondonu:
When the alleged forgery case of Buhari certificate was ongoing,was it followed up with such speed as in this case? No! Nigeria is a shit hole.SMH

Because it is baseless.

1 Like

Re: Senate Crisis: NASS Clerk Faces Trial As Police Establish Forgery by Nobody: 7:13am On Jul 26, 2015
BizBayo:

You can show your patriotism by heading to Sambisa. You will surely be the man of the year.
Why should I head to sambisa when some 1mbeciles in the army are smuggling arms to shekau while other 1mbeciles are covering for them in the name of isl@m.

2 Likes

Re: Senate Crisis: NASS Clerk Faces Trial As Police Establish Forgery by otokx(m): 7:14am On Jul 26, 2015
samsonebenezer:
Let them face d music

They should be charged to court if there is enough evidence.

1 Like

Re: Senate Crisis: NASS Clerk Faces Trial As Police Establish Forgery by reuben79: 7:15am On Jul 26, 2015
soe:
David Mark is set to go to Jail
yes"he hv to go to jail.mastermd of d crime.
Re: Senate Crisis: NASS Clerk Faces Trial As Police Establish Forgery by Nobody: 7:16am On Jul 26, 2015
hbd
Re: Senate Crisis: NASS Clerk Faces Trial As Police Establish Forgery by Austine94(m): 7:17am On Jul 26, 2015
Just tired of this our country Nigeria.....
Re: Senate Crisis: NASS Clerk Faces Trial As Police Establish Forgery by christinie(f): 7:17am On Jul 26, 2015
kITATITA:
@Christine good summation, the process has checks and balances. BTW do you work with the MOJ.
For the debate proper; politics seems to affect the way we think these days. Nobody cares to note that The Presidency is not involved in the matter in any way. Senator Saraki is not accused of forgery. It's not about him. The petition to the Police was written by ONE senator. The DPP Advice could set aside Police investigations. The court could also rules in fav I urge of the Clerk.
Personally I prefer the 'forged' Senate Rule. It is more accommodating.
yes I do. Police Investigation Reports are sometimes so unreliable.
Re: Senate Crisis: NASS Clerk Faces Trial As Police Establish Forgery by spyg1(m): 7:20am On Jul 26, 2015
lagmostkuit:
I'm sick and tired of Nigeria! lipsrsealed

Pls can someone take me to Togo? undecided
are you in a wheel chair
Re: Senate Crisis: NASS Clerk Faces Trial As Police Establish Forgery by hucienda: 7:20am On Jul 26, 2015
christinie:
Let me educate you guys on what happens to files when they are sent from the Police to the Ministry of Justice.
1. The file is sent to the Ministry of Justice by the Police to the Attorney General's office.
2. The A.G looks into the file to see which Department the file should go to. (in the instant case the file should go to the Department of Public Prosecutions (D.P.P.)).
3. The Director of Public Prosecutions will peruse the file and assign to a Counsel, giving him about a week to write a legal opinion.
4. The counsel writes the opinion. Sometimes he has other pending opinions to write so it might take him two weeks to submit. In the instant case the counsel will be warned to keep to time as the President has interest in the matter.
5. When the counsel is done with the writing of the opinion, he submits it on the table of the Chief Litigation Officer.
6. The Chief Litigation Officer takes the file to the Office of the Director of Public Prosecutions.
7. The Director of Public prosecution reads the opinion of the counsel, and thereafter assigns it through the Chief Litigation officer to another counsel (most times a senior to the 1st counsel) for his perusal and vetting giving him a week to vet.
8.The counsel takes about a week, sometimes two weeks (depending on his work load and his attitude towards work) to vet.
9. The counsel sends the file to the office of the Chief Litigation Officer for submission, after vetting.
10. The Chief Litigation officer sends the file back to the office of the Director of public Prosecutions.
11. The Director sends it to another counsel (mostly a Chief Counsel) for re-vetting after which he submits to the Chief Litigation officer who in turn submits to the D.P.P.
12. The D.P.P assigns the file to an Assistant Director for review within a week.
The Assistant Director reviews within a week or 2weeks and sends the file to the Office of the Chief Lit. Officer for submission.
13. The Chief Lit. Officer sends the file back to DPP.
14. The DPP sits down to study all the opinions and adopts the ones he wants to adopt and criticise the ones he disagrees with. He might even end up not adopting any of the opinions but have a different opinion entirely. (mind you all the opinions must be backed with authorities, that is cases and (or) Sections of the Law.
15. The DPP sends the file back to the office of the A.G.
16. The A.G uses his discretion to either adopt or oppose the Legal Opinion. His decision is final. He sends the file back to the DPP.
The DPP assigns the file to a counsel to draft a legal advice based on the DPP's Legal Opinion or the A.G's opinion if the A.G has a contrary Opinion.
17. When the counsel is done with the Legal Advice, he sends it back to the DPP through the Chief Lit. Officer.
18. The Director corrects the Legal advice and sends it back to the counsel to effect the corrections after which he signs the Legal advice and dispatch to the Police.
19. The Police cannot charge the suspect to a High Court without an Information which must be written by the Office of the DPP.
20. The DPP assigns a counsel to draft the information based on the recommendations of the DPP or AG in the Legal Opinion.
21. When the Counsel returns the Information to the DPP through the Chief Lit. Officer, the DPP re-assigns the Information (charge sheet) to another counsel for vetting. When the Director approves the Information, he signs and sends back to the Chief Litigation Officer for filing.
22. The information will be filed and the Defence Counsel is to be served with a copy by a court bailiff.
The above listed procedure can take 4 months to complete. Sometimes information is not filed till after a year (though the judges seriously frown at that and can grant a suspect who is in prison custody bail for lack of filing of information by the Govt counsel except in capital offences or very serious offences though bail can still be given in special circumstances).
My dear fellow Nairalanders, especially APC supporters, don't rejoice yet.
The journey has just begun.
It is well!!!
Kikikikikikikikikikikikikikiki!

Quite detailed.

Babe, you a lawyer and/or work in the MoJ?
Re: Senate Crisis: NASS Clerk Faces Trial As Police Establish Forgery by duwdu: 7:22am On Jul 26, 2015
Xetima:

Confused fellows. DEAD CASE!!! The Senate Standing Order (2007) DIED with 7th Assembly. Mtcheeeeeew!!!

Why didn't it die already at the end of the 6th Assembly in 2011? Yeye dey smell, and the curious post even received 16 likes already as I write this reply... SMH.

I "naff" in Chinese. cheesy

P34c3

2 Likes

Re: Senate Crisis: NASS Clerk Faces Trial As Police Establish Forgery by Nobody: 7:27am On Jul 26, 2015
christinie:
yes I do. Police Investigation Report are sometimes so unreliable.
I agree with you about Police Investigation Reports. I know about investigations. I looked at your other post with your fellow lawyers; you make sense. Biko keep off politics section, you are a disaster there, or is it because we have differing opinion there.
Re: Senate Crisis: NASS Clerk Faces Trial As Police Establish Forgery by Nobody: 7:28am On Jul 26, 2015
Xetima:

[size=18pt]Confused fellows. DEAD CASE!!! The Senate Standing Order (2007) DIED with 7th Assembly. Mtcheeeeeew!!![/size]
The 7th assembly came on board 2011 and the standing order was enacted or ammended 2007 which mean it was enacted by their predecessors. So what makes you think the standing order should end with thier tenure?
Re: Senate Crisis: NASS Clerk Faces Trial As Police Establish Forgery by Laredojohn(m): 7:32am On Jul 26, 2015
Hmmmm pmb and protocol breaching, protocol was breached for Jim Ovia attending his dinner@ US, now Nigeria for the clerk of the house, forgery here and there, if they are found guilty and the speaker and deputy vacates for another election, the crises will just be starting, because the senate will now clearly be divide and I do not see this crises ending anytime soon if these occurs, hmm change anyway they say it doesn't come easy...
Re: Senate Crisis: NASS Clerk Faces Trial As Police Establish Forgery by Splashme: 7:33am On Jul 26, 2015
chukwudi44:

Lol what is the difference btw PUNCH and the NATION? If the senate clerk forged the 2015 senate rules can you please show me the original version of the 2015 senate rule before it was forged?

Both the police and the so-called unity forum senators have no case.Making the standing senate rules for the incomming NASS is the perogative of the senate bureacrats led by the clerk.It can however be amended within the life of that senate by 2/3 majority of the senators.The senate rule for any senate can only be in force for the life span of that senate after which it dies.That is why the senate rules are named after each senate 1999,2003,2007,2011 and 2015

If you want to challenge the powers of the NASS bureacrats to create the standing rules for the incomming senate simply go to court!!!! All this talks of forgery and alteration between the 2007 standing rule(which died with the 6th senate) and the new standing rule 2015 for the 8th senate is just laughable

Those Tinubu cry babies have refused to learn. Their reasoning faculties are conditioned by bundle propaganda they read on pages of PUNCH and Nations

1 Like

Re: Senate Crisis: NASS Clerk Faces Trial As Police Establish Forgery by Lanretoye(m): 7:33am On Jul 26, 2015
Good news!,hope it is real enough.
Re: Senate Crisis: NASS Clerk Faces Trial As Police Establish Forgery by BizBayo: 7:34am On Jul 26, 2015
tdmoggy:

Is this the best use of resources ? Investigating people for attending breaking of fast?

If you understand that part, you won't ask this fish brain question.
Re: Senate Crisis: NASS Clerk Faces Trial As Police Establish Forgery by BizBayo: 7:35am On Jul 26, 2015
tkcosby02:

The 7th assembly came on board 2011 and the standing order was enacted or ammended 2007 which mean it was enacted by their predecessors. So what makes you think the standing order should end with thier tenure?

U dey mind am? People with fish brain are easier to spot.

1 Like

Re: Senate Crisis: NASS Clerk Faces Trial As Police Establish Forgery by tuniski: 7:35am On Jul 26, 2015
olalat:
Loosing goodwill! I guess from u people that never appreciate anything good. People who intergrity is strange to their culture. People with eroded ethical values. We voted him nd still blv in him. Hes nt perfect but can work towrds perfectg all d crumbs that our system is fraught with.
you can continue to delude yourself with 'we' that is as narrow as 3% of the electorate. Buhari won the narrowest election in our history. Don't come here and be sounding like he won 99% of the votes. Many who voted for him out of emotion and personal failure are openly regretting. The most polarizing president of APC 97 :5 prorated leader of diverse nigeria! Let the elections be conducted today, he will not win cos the wool of propaganda and lies have fallen off many's eyes!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senate Crisis: NASS Clerk Faces Trial As Police Establish Forgery by PEREP: 7:38am On Jul 26, 2015
sheymoni:
The senate will remain stagnant with saraki as the president for the next 4 years. He seems to be having more problems from his party than the opposition . It is a self inflicted injury anyway

It is Nigerian Senate and not APC Senate. APC should go and get 2/3 majority and send Saraki parking. If not, all English should stop and everyone face front.

We thought PDP turned a wailler but APC own don worse pass even as a ruling party.

2 Likes

Re: Senate Crisis: NASS Clerk Faces Trial As Police Establish Forgery by BizBayo: 7:39am On Jul 26, 2015
imhotep:

Why should I head to sambisa when some 1mbeciles in the army are smuggling arms to shekau while other 1mbeciles are covering for them in the name of isl@m.

Ehn ehn, now you're saying the fact. And it all happened in the previous administration. Or are you saying it started with this current administration?
Re: Senate Crisis: NASS Clerk Faces Trial As Police Establish Forgery by excellentmomma(f): 7:40am On Jul 26, 2015
dustmalik:

Mr. Wailer, you can also read another version of it here >>> http://www.punchng.com/news/police-confirm-senate-forgery/

Mr Liar

1 Like

Re: Senate Crisis: NASS Clerk Faces Trial As Police Establish Forgery by Splashme: 7:41am On Jul 26, 2015
tkcosby02:

Ask yourself this question. Who drafted the senate rules of the first senate when no senate was there before it? Was it not the management of the National Assembly?

Each Senate rules dies with that senate as he said. A new senate is not bound to inherit same rules of the previous senate but can in the life of that senate amend the rules in line with what suits them

2 Likes

Re: Senate Crisis: NASS Clerk Faces Trial As Police Establish Forgery by JustCalMeDBoss(m): 7:42am On Jul 26, 2015
By Wednesday this story would be a no issue. They can't do shit, each senate has its own standing rules. And its the perogative of the clerk to form the standing rules on every new senate which after the principal officers have been sworn in those rules can now be amended. Tinubu and his boys would always be continued to be disgraced mark my words.

2 Likes

Re: Senate Crisis: NASS Clerk Faces Trial As Police Establish Forgery by duwdu: 7:43am On Jul 26, 2015
chukwudi44:
Story !!! Story!!! Story!!! The standing rules for 2007 died with the 6th senate.ditto the standing rules for 2011.The standing rules for 1999,2003,2007,2011 and 2015 were all done by the NASS bureacrats led by the clerk.

The NATION newspaper is only doing what it knows best (propaganda).Anyone who really wants to challenge the power of the clerk and other NASS bureacrats to make the standing rules for each NASS should go to court.

Mentioning the senate standing rules for 2007 which ended in 2011 is laughable to say the least.

Senate standing rules 1999,2003,2007,2011 and 2015 are unique and differant and each died(or will die) with the particular senate for which it was made.

Whether the senate rules 2007 and 2011 contains similar rules is immaterial.The fact remains that each set of standing rules died with the respective senate for which it was made

Just two expressions for this diatribe: There's NO such thing as Senate Standing Rules 2011 per se, it was the 2007 Standing Orders that was properly adopted verbatim by senators for the 7th Senate. So, EPIC FAIL for you. grin

P34c3

1 Like

Re: Senate Crisis: NASS Clerk Faces Trial As Police Establish Forgery by searider(m): 7:45am On Jul 26, 2015
Nigerians and their corrupt attitude.
Re: Senate Crisis: NASS Clerk Faces Trial As Police Establish Forgery by vivypretty(f): 7:46am On Jul 26, 2015
rudebouy:

Hello vivian, u look cute and e be like say you like dogs abi?
i dont oh
Re: Senate Crisis: NASS Clerk Faces Trial As Police Establish Forgery by charlycharles(m): 7:47am On Jul 26, 2015
Na when did forgery became an offence under president mumummandu buhari...
what happened to dat his principal dat forged dat his certificate? he is walking free abi. hmmm there is god ooo

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Ngige: My Monthly Salary As Minister Is N942,000 Monthly After Tax (Video) / NDDC BOARD: Tompolo Releases Fresh Statement On Ultimatum / Fayose Blasts Buhari, APC And Magu On AIT Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.