Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,094 members, 7,859,978 topics. Date: Thursday, 13 June 2024 at 10:39 PM

Senate Crisis: NASS Clerk Faces Trial As Police Establish Forgery - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Senate Crisis: NASS Clerk Faces Trial As Police Establish Forgery (47544 Views)

Senate Crisis Gets Messier / Senate Crisis: APC Govs Divided Over Saraki / NASS Clerk And Saraki Snubbed Buhari‘s Request – Garba Shehu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Senate Crisis: NASS Clerk Faces Trial As Police Establish Forgery by Highvotage: 6:13am On Jul 26, 2015
chukwudi44:
Story !!! Story!!! Story!!! The standing rules for 2007 died with the 6th senate.ditto the standing rules for 2011.The standing rules for 1999,2003,2007,2011 and 2015 were all done by the NASS bureacrats led by the clerk.

The NATION newspaper is only doing what it knows best (propaganda).Anyone who really wants to challenge the power of the clerk and other NASS bureacrats to make the standing rules for each NASS should go to court.

Mentioning the senate standing rules for 2007 which ended in 2011 is laughable to say the least.

Senate standing rules 1999,2003,2007,2011 and 2015 are unique and differant and each died(or will die) with the particular senate for which it was made.

Whether the senate rules 2007 and 2011 contains similar rules is immaterial.The fact remains that each set of standing rules died with the respective senate for which it was made

Mr Man,, why can't just call a spade a spade for once in Nigeria?
According to story above, did you see where it was statexmd that Clerk can alter the rules?
If he can, why didn't he alter that of the House of Rep as well?
You might say each one died with correspondent senate but they used to kick start their sitting with the existing one then make amendment on that old one.
Lets alway be aquinted ourself with fact and figure before coming to public and spit nonsence becuase of puliticd.
Thanks.

7 Likes

Re: Senate Crisis: NASS Clerk Faces Trial As Police Establish Forgery by Utchman1: 6:15am On Jul 26, 2015
chukwudi44:

Lol what is the difference btw PUNCH and the NATION? If the senate clerk forged the 2015 senate rules can you please show me the original version of the 2015 senate rule before it was forged?

Both the police and the so-called unity forum senators have no case.Making the standing senate rules for the incomming NASS is the perogative of the senate bureacrats led by the clerk.It can however be amended within the life of that senate by 2/3 majority of the senators.The senate rule for any senate can only be in force for the life span of that senate after which it dies.That is why the senate rules are named after each senate 1999,2003,2007,2011 and 2015

If you want to challenge the powers of the NASS bureacrats to create the standing rules for the incomming senate simply go to court!!!! All this talks of forgery and alteration between the 2007 standing rule(which died with the 6th senate) and the new standing rule 2015 for the 8th senate is just laughable

You are talking out of your imagination. When the clerk and Ekweremadu were invited by the police they denied tampering with the document.

Here you are saying it is the clerk's prerogative. Each incoming senate uses an existing house rule which can only be changed by an already agreed process during the life of the new senate.

6 Likes

Re: Senate Crisis: NASS Clerk Faces Trial As Police Establish Forgery by Niseamaka(m): 6:16am On Jul 26, 2015
joseph1832:
At the embolden, are you saying you know more than the police?

Don't mind that legal expert, he had passed judgement on an issue that is about to be taken to court.
Re: Senate Crisis: NASS Clerk Faces Trial As Police Establish Forgery by Solorez2015(m): 6:17am On Jul 26, 2015
Don't dull, SARAKI for that if there is honour in contest and struggle, there should be honour in victory
Re: Senate Crisis: NASS Clerk Faces Trial As Police Establish Forgery by cashkid: 6:24am On Jul 26, 2015
chukwudi44:

Lol what is the difference btw PUNCH and the NATION? If the senate clerk forged the 2015 senate rules can you please show me the original version of the 2015 senate rule before it was forged?

Both the police and the so-called unity forum senators have no case.Making the standing senate rules for the incomming NASS is the perogative of the senate bureacrats led by the clerk.It can however be amended within the life of that senate by 2/3 majority of the senators.The senate rule for any senate can only be in force for the life span of that senate after which it dies.That is why the senate rules are named after each senate 1999,2003,2007,2011 and 2015

If you want to challenge the powers of the NASS bureacrats to create the standing rules for the incomming senate simply go to court!!!! All this talks of forgery and alteration between the 2007 standing rule(which died with the 6th senate) and the new standing rule 2015 for the 8th senate is just laughable
The senate resident grin

1 Like

Re: Senate Crisis: NASS Clerk Faces Trial As Police Establish Forgery by xeeco: 6:26am On Jul 26, 2015
lagmostkuit:
I'm sick and tired of Nigeria! lipsrsealed

Pls can someone take me to Togo? undecided

Go to Afghanistan
Re: Senate Crisis: NASS Clerk Faces Trial As Police Establish Forgery by brainpulse: 6:28am On Jul 26, 2015
chukwudi44:

The Senate clerk has been the one creating the house rules since 1999.He is the only one who can claim the Senate rules were forged. The house rules for each Senate is unique
So the clerk of the senate unilaterally decides, changes or alters what the standing rules of each senate should be? You are a certified dullard

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senate Crisis: NASS Clerk Faces Trial As Police Establish Forgery by thegeniusoye(m): 6:30am On Jul 26, 2015
chukwudi44:

U mean PUNCH is also guilty of propaganda? Pls establish your own newspaper that is not a propaganda machine and stop embarrassing yourself.

Don't read hurriedly, agreed, each Senate tenure has its own standing rules. From this news, I can concur that 2015 rules is yet to be set hence the 2011 rules is applicable abi its 7th Assembly that will set rules for the 8th Assembly?

4 Likes

Re: Senate Crisis: NASS Clerk Faces Trial As Police Establish Forgery by Nobody: 6:31am On Jul 26, 2015
koboko69:
hahhahahahahahaha

Saraki nor know say cow wey dey in a hurry go USA go comeback as corned beef.

OVER AMBITION KILLS......

TICK TOCK TICK TOCK, i forsee the wailing wailers wailing uncontrollably in few days from now.............

And Tinubu be like; "PMB no worry, we get a good case here to NAIL Saraki and Ekweremadu"

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senate Crisis: NASS Clerk Faces Trial As Police Establish Forgery by Collins87: 6:33am On Jul 26, 2015
If in d end it is true. Then d clerk, Saraki and his so-called deputy would have to head to Kirikiri. I pray f findings are correct. Over ambition.

4 Likes

Re: Senate Crisis: NASS Clerk Faces Trial As Police Establish Forgery by ebenezerolaiwola(m): 6:34am On Jul 26, 2015
lagmostkuit:

For free grin
lagmostkuit:

For free
Re: Senate Crisis: NASS Clerk Faces Trial As Police Establish Forgery by philips70(m): 6:37am On Jul 26, 2015
chukwudi44:
Story !!! Story!!! Story!!! The standing rules for 2007 died with the 6th senate.ditto the standing rules for 2011.The standing rules for 1999,2003,2007,2011 and 2015 were all done by the NASS bureacrats led by the clerk.

The NATION newspaper is only doing what it knows best (propaganda).Anyone who really wants to challenge the power of the clerk and other NASS bureacrats to make the standing rules for each NASS should go to court.

Mentioning the senate standing rules for 2007 which ended in 2011 is laughable to say the least.

Senate standing rules 1999,2003,2007,2011 and 2015 are unique and differant and each died(or will die) with the particular senate for which it was made.

Whether the senate rules 2007 and 2011 contains similar rules is immaterial.The fact remains that each set of standing rules died with the respective senate for which it was made

Why can't you just hide your ignorance instead of misleading your minions on Nairaland as if it will change the narrative in real life? You think senate rules are that of your secret cult where your leadership just sit somewhere in the jungle drinking and spewing out new sets of rules? Am ashamed of you to say the least and even your minions are too.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Senate Crisis: NASS Clerk Faces Trial As Police Establish Forgery by scana042: 6:37am On Jul 26, 2015
http://l.?u=http%3A%2F%2Ftransactreports.net%2Fi%2Fnigerian-shipping-operator-laments-ordeal-with-the-navy%2F%23more-947&h=kAQETzumR&s=1
Re: Senate Crisis: NASS Clerk Faces Trial As Police Establish Forgery by mandax: 6:40am On Jul 26, 2015
Buhari and use of force to intimidate his opponents - since 20 BC..

Important thing is that the part of APC that wanted to appoint leaders for the NASS lost out as they were absent during the election.
Appointed leaders for the legislature means making Buhari a dictator.

It is vital that neither the ruling party nor the executive arm of government appoints leaders for the legislature.

1 Like

Re: Senate Crisis: NASS Clerk Faces Trial As Police Establish Forgery by cashkid: 6:41am On Jul 26, 2015
The most painful part is by the time the big blow lands on saraki, ekweremadu and others, all these nairaland prof of Nigeria politics, all these people claiming to know more than the police, all these people that are giving us assurance that saraki has come to stay will disappera into thin air. I could remember before election, na like dis demdey shout say no way Jonathan goi win by all means,telling us pdp has all it takes to win no matter what at the end we all see waiting happen, b4 we could say jack!!!!! They all went into hibernation, now they are back quoting different sections of the senate rules, soon they will still go back into their hibernation...... Fingers crossed!

9 Likes

Re: Senate Crisis: NASS Clerk Faces Trial As Police Establish Forgery by front247: 6:41am On Jul 26, 2015
lagmostkuit:

l will take u to Syria
Re: Senate Crisis: NASS Clerk Faces Trial As Police Establish Forgery by Nobody: 6:46am On Jul 26, 2015
D grin grin grin grin
lagmostkuit:

1 Like

Re: Senate Crisis: NASS Clerk Faces Trial As Police Establish Forgery by olalat(m): 6:46am On Jul 26, 2015
Loosing goodwill! I guess from u people that never appreciate anything good. People who intergrity is strange to their culture. People with eroded ethical values. We voted him nd still blv in him. Hes nt perfect but can work towrds perfectg all d crumbs that our system is fraught with.
tuniski:
Saraki is the senate president APC/Buhari should humble themselves and move on. Whatever the rules that would have been used then and now, saraki will defeat Lawan simple as ABC. It is even more glaring now saraki will win a rerun by far. As the days go by, apc/buhari losing goodwill like water in a basket.

3 Likes

Re: Senate Crisis: NASS Clerk Faces Trial As Police Establish Forgery by sanko05(m): 6:46am On Jul 26, 2015
talktrue1:
arranged forgery
how do know?

1 Like

Re: Senate Crisis: NASS Clerk Faces Trial As Police Establish Forgery by StOla: 6:47am On Jul 26, 2015
Opinedecandid:
Witch-hunting gear two.

Why carry it to civil servant, now?

You've become accustomed to an era of lawlessness, suddenly you don't even know what crime and justice is anymore.

4 Likes

Re: Senate Crisis: NASS Clerk Faces Trial As Police Establish Forgery by cashkid: 6:48am On Jul 26, 2015
philips70:

Why can't you just hide your ignorance instead of misleading your minions on Nairaland as if it will change the narrative in real life? You think senate rules are that of your secret cult where your leadership just sit somewhere in the jungle drinking and gulp out new sets of rules? Am ashamed of you to say the least and even your minions are too.

The guy just dey talk rubbish, e just dey form one yeye prof here, u go see say e go soon disappear wen it finally happen, na dis kind yeye people kill jonathan in the last election by giving false hope, dey don start again now saying what they don't even have idea of, am wondering if the guy knows more than the members of the senate, the police and others.Anyway he has right to his own opinion sha! Its just that itys usually annoying wen u hear an empty drum making noise!

8 Likes

Re: Senate Crisis: NASS Clerk Faces Trial As Police Establish Forgery by jaytee01(m): 6:50am On Jul 26, 2015
koboko69:
hahhahahahahahaha

Saraki nor know say cow wey dey in a hurry go USA go comeback as corned beef.

OVER AMBITION KILLS......

TICK TOCK TICK TOCK, i forsee the wailing wailers wailing uncontrollably in few days from now.............

grin
Re: Senate Crisis: NASS Clerk Faces Trial As Police Establish Forgery by nobeku: 6:51am On Jul 26, 2015
Xetima:

[size=18pt]Confused fellows. DEAD CASE!!! The Senate Standing Order (2007) DIED with 7th Assembly. Mtcheeeeeew!!![/size]
you are obviously very ignorant in such matters..Do a little extra reading!
Re: Senate Crisis: NASS Clerk Faces Trial As Police Establish Forgery by docadams: 6:54am On Jul 26, 2015
joseph1832:
At the embolden, are you saying you know more than the police?

Follow Chukwudi and you will fall into intellectual pit. He has a brain of a kid. He's aging without growing up.

2 Likes

Re: Senate Crisis: NASS Clerk Faces Trial As Police Establish Forgery by may0001: 6:54am On Jul 26, 2015
tomakint:
Gradually, the drama in the SINate is becoming more interesting......the Lawan group is winning and if the report here is anything to go by, Saraki and his collaborators may be dancing galala towards kirikiri.....'a case of forgery' in a Buhari government if well proven and established is big enough to land you in kirikiri #Buhariisnotsmiling#
Dem think sai na Jonah govt. We dey sidon look.
Re: Senate Crisis: NASS Clerk Faces Trial As Police Establish Forgery by anjile123: 6:58am On Jul 26, 2015
Isabella . if you, thought Rachel `s blog is neat... last tuesday I bought a brand new Subaru Impreza after having made $9569 this munth and even more than ten-grand this past month . it's actualy the nicest-job Ive ever had . I started this 4 months ago and right away was earning more than $82 per/hr . try this out....++++++++
http://jobhome50.tk/

Re: Senate Crisis: NASS Clerk Faces Trial As Police Establish Forgery by rudebouy: 7:02am On Jul 26, 2015
vivypretty:
hope he is really guilty
Hello vivian, u look cute and e be like say you like dogs abi?
Re: Senate Crisis: NASS Clerk Faces Trial As Police Establish Forgery by ddippset(m): 7:06am On Jul 26, 2015
It's very clear this chukudi guy is an 1mbecile. He can't even read and comprehend a very simple post.

2 Likes

Re: Senate Crisis: NASS Clerk Faces Trial As Police Establish Forgery by BizBayo: 7:06am On Jul 26, 2015
henryuzor:

Foolish comment

Do you hate the truth? I just need a yes or no
Re: Senate Crisis: NASS Clerk Faces Trial As Police Establish Forgery by duwdu: 7:07am On Jul 26, 2015
LocalChamp:

http://thenationonlineng.net/senate-crisis-nass-clerk-faces-trial-as-police-establish-forgery/

My first reaction to the headline of this thread was: Exactly.

After reading the original post, my reaction remains: Exactly.

There's hope yet for Nigeria to be great and ALWAYS stand tall in the comity of Nations, for the betterment of her people!

P34c3

1 Like

Re: Senate Crisis: NASS Clerk Faces Trial As Police Establish Forgery by samsonebenezer: 7:07am On Jul 26, 2015
Let them face d music

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Suicide Bomb Blast In Biu, Borno (Graphic Photos) / Ngige: My Monthly Salary As Minister Is N942,000 Monthly After Tax (Video) / NDDC BOARD: Tompolo Releases Fresh Statement On Ultimatum

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.