Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,757 members, 7,824,176 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:59 AM

247viral's Posts

Nairaland Forum / 247viral's Profile / 247viral's Posts

(1) (2) (3) (of 3 pages)

Crime / North-east: We’re Finished, Boko Haram Commanders Cry Out by 247viral: 11:18pm On May 05, 2020

Feelers from North-east Nigeria indicate that the Boko Haram group is seeking avenues for a dialogue with the federal government in a bid to put an end to the recent onslaught against it by the Nigerian Army, CH Reports

According to credible sources conversant with the happenings in North-east, Nigeria, it was stated that the recent onslaught led by the Chief of Army Staff that resulted in the death of over 135 members of the group, which included some top commanders is indeed the final straw that broke the camel’s back.
A source who pleaded anonymity due to the sensitivity of the information stated that the leader of the Boko Haram group, Abubakar Shekau is indeed battling for his life as some top commanders of the group have turned against him and are ready to take the bulls by the horns to negotiate for a soft landing by surrendering and seeking forgiveness.
“After the last operation by our troops, over 135 members of the group were killed including a top commander who has been at the forefront of surrendering as there seems to be no way out of their dilemma.
“The death of the commander indeed shook Abubakar Shekau, who is battling to avert a revolt from his members over his insensitivity to their plight and also the death of one of their top commanders who has advocated for a ceasefire in recent times.”
The source also added that the situation in the camp of the Boko Haram group is that that of despair and lamentations.
“We have been able to scoop that Abubakar Shekau is trying his best to keep the spirits of his fighters high, but the challenge they faced in recent times has not yielded the desired results as our troops are closing in on them as the day goes by”.
It was also gathered from reliable sources that the death of the top commander had been blamed on Abubakar Shekau who is still maintaining a tough face as regards the war believing that the situation could still be remedied.
Our source informed this medium that what is left in the Boko Haram camp is a group of disgruntled fighters that are lacking in everything from food to arms and ammunition.
“You might have read in some daily newspapers on the efforts of some Boko Haram members reaching out to the federal government for a ceasefire. This is very true, as there have been several attempts to get the Nigerian Army to a ceasefire which has not yielded the desired results since the Chief of Army Staff is personally coordinating the operations.”
“I can tell you that the situation is quite tensed as the directive of the Chief of Army Staff is to get Abubakar Shekau wherever he is, and I am not sure any of the sector commanders can go against that directive. So in a way, it is a tough situation for everybody, unless the Chief of Army Staff orders a ceasefire, and so far he hasn’t done so.”
According to a top staff of one of the humanitarian agencies in North-East Nigeria, he stated that the Boko Haram group is seriously rooting for dialogue as a way of ending the war. He also added that overtures had been made and from the look of things the Nigerian Army is not disposed to the idea of dialogue.
“We have done our best in asking the military echelon to dialogue with the Boko Haram group, but we have not received any favorable response so far. You know that there is a limit to how far we can push because it is a very sensitive issue. As such, we must respect whatever decision from the military authorities.”
When asked if indeed the Boko Haram group is seeking for a genuine dialogue with the federal government, the source stated that the Boko Haram group is truly seeking for a way to end the war as they have run out of ideas and stock to prosecute the war further.
“They have reached out to us to plead with the military authorities to halt further attacks on them as they are ready to dialogue and drop their arms. This much we have passed to the theatre command, and as we speak, we have not gotten a response from them.
“We are treading carefully so as not to incur the wrath of the authorities, and so this is where we are as it stands. If the military hierarchy so decides to dialogue with the Boko Haram group we shall welcome it because we are interested in the return of peace to North-East Nigeria.”
According to another source who has worked in the North East for several years, stated that the probable option for the Boko Haram group is to seek the support of world leaders in prevailing on the Nigerian authorities to dialogue with them.
“From the feelers, we are getting; it doesn’t seem likely that the Nigerian President is ready for a dialogue. The option left, in my opinion, is the intervention of world leaders and organizations, and that can only happen at the diplomatic level, which is clearly outside our purview.
“I can tell you in confidence that many of the Boko Haram fighters are ready for a dialogue and they are insisting that the government should withdraw the Army as a sign of goodwill. However, how that would play out is left to be imagined.
“They have cried out on numerous occasions for the Army to a ceasefire so they can have a dialogue, but from the look of things that situation seems much tensed as the troops are advancing daily.”
This medium was able to gather that the Chief of Army Staff who has been in the North East has ruled out the possibility of a dialogue with the Boko Haram members. A top commander who doesn’t want his name in print stated that the Army Chief is not disposed to having a dialogue with Boko Haram.
“The Chief is not interested in any form of dialogue and as such the troops have continued to advance in recent weeks. Not unless the Army Chief shifts his grounds, the likelihood of dialogue is ruled out as it stands.
“I do not see that happening in my opinion as it seems the big man in Abuja would not condone such options with the way things are. The option of dialogue would have happened years back if indeed they were serious.”
It would be recalled that the Nigerian troops have carried out sustained operations against the Boko Haram group in recent weeks led by the Chief of Army Staff that has seen to the death of hundreds of Boko Haram fighters.

https://www.codedhits.com/north-east-were-finished-boko-haram-commanders-cry-out/

Cc MissyB3
Cc Fynestboi
Cc Seun
Cc Mynd44
Health / 60 Covid19 Patients Discharged In Lagos by 247viral: 6:24pm On May 05, 2020

Lagos State Governor, Babajide Sanwo-Olu, says 60 coronavirus patients have been discharged in the state, CH Reports

The governor said on Tuesday in a Twitter thread that the patients – 40 males and 20 females – were released after testing negative twice for the coronavirus disease (COVID-19).

“Today, we discharged 60 #COVID19 Lagos patients; 40 males and 20 females, from our Yaba, Eti-Osa and Ibeju-Lekki isolation facilities to reunite with their families and society,” Mr Sanwo-Olu wrote.

“The patients, 31 from the Mainland Infectious Disease Hospital, Yaba, 19 from the Ibeju-Lekki and 10 from Eti-Osa Isolation Centres were discharged having fully recovered and tested negative in two consecutive readings.

“With this, the number of #COVID19 confirmed cases that have been successfully managed and discharged in Lagos is now 321.”

Sanwo-Olu urged Lagosians to “do the right things at this time” and that the gradual easing of the lockdown was not a reason for the public “to rush out and eschew all safety guidelines”.

https://www.codedhits.com/just-in-lagos-released-60-covid19-patients/

Cc MissyB3
Cc Fynestboi
Cc Seun
Cc Mynd44

Health / Kodak’s Death: 2 Hospitals Rejected Her – Clarence Peters by 247viral: 11:34am On May 05, 2020

Clarence Peters, a popular filmmaker and music video producer, has taken to social media to narrated his side of the events of Wednesday, April 29, 2020, that led to the death of a video vixen, Love Divine, who was known as Picture Kodak, CodedHits

Kodak was reportedly electrocuted in Clarence Peters’ studio while charging her phone.

According to the Mr. Peters, after Picture Kodak collapsed, she was rushed to a hospital but was rejected twice.

It was at the third hospital she was pronounced dead. In an Instagram post, on Monday, May 4, 2020, using his verified account (@clarenceshotit) Clarence Peters narrated the events of April 29:

“On the 29th of April 2020, Love Divine Ike (Picture Kodak) was in the dance studio, on the premises of Capital Dreams Pictures, with 5 other team members and myself – 7 people in total.

“At about 7:30 pm on the same day, while in another office – a building beside the dance studio, on the same premises, some people who were said to be with Love Divine at the time, rushed in and called my attention to the fact that Love Divine had collapsed.

“We immediately rushed her to the nearest hospital, which refused to let us into their premises, let alone admit her. They assumed she was a Covid-19 patient.

“We tried, but we were not able to gain entry into a second hospital. We eventually got her to a third hospital where she was pronounced dead 30 minutes after arrival.

“I was not physically in the same room as her when the incident occurred, and when I inquired, I was told by those present at the scene that Love Divine, while taking a break from the dance session, was sitting on one of the metal sliding door rails, charging and using her phone plugged to an extension box.

“The witnesses didn’t realize anything was wrong, until they saw she had laid down, and they noticed smoke coming from her chest area.

“She was said to be electrocuted, her phone was found on her chest, with severe burn marks, and the phone’s imprint on her chest.

“The witnesses were taken to the Ojodu Police Headquarters straight from the hospital where statements were taken and the phone (which had traces of burnt flesh on it) was deposited.

“The following day, the Police conducted an examination of the body and were taken to the scene of the incident for further examination.

“The Police are currently carrying out a full-scale investigation into the events that occurred, and an autopsy will be carried out, with the full permission and consent of her family.

“Please note that no one has been charged or arrested, by the Police. The witnesses and I willingly made ourselves available to the Police and we have all pledged our full co-operation, through every part of this process. I will be helping out in every possible capacity.

“Love Divine and the entire WestLifeCrew was a huge part of Capital Dreams Pictures, and losing her hurts us all deeply.

“She was an exemplary person and a legend in her own rights. We will miss her very much. “Words will never be enough to describe what her family is going through in these things trying times. My thoughts and prayers are with them, and I ask God to grant them all the strength & fortitude at this time.

“This is a truly difficult time for us all, and we’re asking for a lot of patience and goodwill from the general public, in these difficult times.

“May God help us through this,” Clarence Peters concluded on the death of Kodak.

Peters is the son of popular juju musician, Shina Peters and popular Nollywood actress, Clarion Chukwura.

Here Is All You Need To Know Kodak’s Death ==>> https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.codedhits.com/here-is-all-you-need-to-know-about-kodaks-death/&ved=2ahUKEwimhZinw5zpAhWwgVwKHVO1BUUQFjAAegQIARAB&usg=AOvVaw2CYS-mtDreDt2QzjlAgo_J

Cc MissyB3
Cc Fynestboi
Cc Seun
Cc Mynd44
Health / Lagos Might See Up To 600 Cases As We Test The 3000 Pending Samples - Sanwo-olu by 247viral: 11:15am On May 05, 2020

Lagos State Governor, Mr. Babajide Sanwo-Olu has said that there are 3,000 samples collected and awaiting testing, CodedHits

The Governor said the State will be embarking on aggressive testing in community, noting that the Government had collected 3,000 samples that were yet to be tested due to global shortage of reagent used for molecular testing.

He said: “We made order for more reagents. We are hoping that some of the reagents will be supplied Monday and Tuesday.

Once these 3,000 cases are taken care of, you might see up to 600 positive cases, but we are planning and preparing to take care of it. We are improving the capacity of our isolation facilities in preparation to take care of more patients.”

https://www.codedhits.com/lagos-might-see-up-to-600-cases-when-we-test-the-3000-pending-samples-sanwo-olu/

Cc MissyB3
Cc Fynestboi
Cc Seun
Cc Mynd44
Celebrities / 5 Days After Dancer Kodak’s Death In His Studio, Clarence Peters Finds His Voice by 247viral: 10:22am On May 04, 2020

On the 29th of April 2020, Love Divine Ike (Picture Kodak) was in the dance studio, on the premises of Capital Dreams Pictures, with 5 other team members and myself - 7 people in total, CodedHits

At about 7:30 pm on the same day, while in another office - a building beside the dance studio, on the same premises, some people who were said to be with Love Divine at the time, rushed in and called my attention to the fact that Love Divine had collapsed.

We immediately rushed her to the nearest hospital, which refused to let us into their premises, let alone admit her. They assumed she was a Covid-19 patient.

We tried, but we were not able to gain entry into a second hospital. We eventually got her to a third hospital where she was pronounced dead 30 minutes after arrival.

I was not physically in the same room as her when the incident occurred, and when I inquired, I was told by those present at the scene that Love Divine, while taking a break from the dance session, was sitting on one of the metal sliding door rails, charging and using her phone plugged to an extension box.

The witnesses didn't realize anything was wrong, until they saw she had laid down, and they noticed smoke coming from her chest area.

She was said to be electrocuted, her phone was found on her chest, with severe burn marks, and the phone's imprint on her chest.

The witnesses were taken to the Ojodu Police Headquarters straight from the hospital where statements were taken and the phone (which had traces of burnt flesh on it) was deposited.

The following day, the Police conducted an examination of the body and were taken to the scene of the incident for further examination.

The Police are currently carrying out a full-scale investigation into the events that occurred, and an autopsy will be carried out, with the full permission and consent of her family.

Please note that no one has been charged or arrested, by the Police. The witnesses and I willingly made ourselves available to the Police and we have all pledged our full co-operation, through every part of this process. I will be helping out in every possible capacity.

Love Divine and the entire WestLife Crew was a huge part of Capital Dreams Pictures, and losing her hurts us all deeply.

She was an exemplary person, and a legend in her own rights. We will miss her very much.

Words will never be enough to describe what her family is going through in these things trying times. My thoughts and prayers are with them, and I ask God to grant them all the strength & fortitude at this time.

This is a truly difficult time for us all, and we're asking for a lot of patience and goodwill from the general public, in these difficult times.

May God help us through this.

https://www.codedhits.com/5-days-after-dancer-kodaks-death-in-his-studio-clarence-peters-finds-his-voice/

Cc MissyB3
Cc Fynestboi
Cc Seun
Cc Mynd44

Politics / Tambuwal Declares Dusk-to-dawn Curfew In Sokoto by 247viral: 10:14am On May 04, 2020

Sokoto State Governor, Aminu Tambuwal, on Monday, declared a dusk-to-dawn curfew in the state as part of new measures to contain the spread of COVID-19, CodedHits

The curfew, he said in a broadcast, will be between 8 pm to 6 am.

Sokoto has so far recorded 66 cases of COVID-19 with eight deaths.

“As the challenge is persisting and the indices worrisome, more and more measures have been taken at the federal and state levels of government to prevent the worst scenario,” Mr Tambuwal said.

“You may recall that on Monday, April 27, 2020, President Muhammadu Buhari addressed the nation and in it declared further measures in response to the spread of COVID-19 in our country.

“This is the very dangerous stage of community transmission, which we are sadly going through.

“The Federal Government has also banned inter-state movement. The order reinforces the existing closure of our borders and boundaries, the compulsory wearing of face masks by the general public and the nationwide curfew declared by the President.

“Pursuant to the presidential directive it is hereby directed that effective Monday May 4, 2020, curfew is hereby imposed from 8p.m. to 6a.m. daily,” he said.

The governor, however, excluded staff involved in the provision of essential services.

Excluded from the new directive are all civil servants on grade level 13 and above who are not covered by the existing stay-at-home order.

The governor said they must wear the face masks to work and all public places.

Tambuwal urged the President and the Presidential Task Force on COVID-19 “to intervene in our state, through the provision of logistics and technical support, with a view to stemming the disturbing trend.”

https://www.codedhits.com/tambuwal-pronounces-nightfall-to-first-light-time-limit-in-sokoto/

Cc MissyB3
Cc Fynestboi
Cc Seun
Cc Mynd44
Crime / Lady Finally Becomes Free After Being Shamed For Being Sexually Assaulted by 247viral: 7:04pm On May 03, 2020
A twitter lady identified as Uche @UcheMaduka_ explain how she was being punished and shamed for being sexually assaulted

She tweeted:
Had a deep sober reflection by midnight today. I began unpacking where my anxiety and fear stemmed from. For years, I’ve carried the shame, the stigma and abuse that have suffered from on my name. I hated my name because i believed it had a gory past to it. It was dragged through the mud of victim blaming and slut shaming. I began hiding in fear in hopes that no one knows my name and no one remembers my story.

I’ve denied myself of a social life nor a social media presence cause I don’t want anyone to know me, know my story nor ask me questions. I’ve denied myself of a social life nor a social media presence cause I don’t want anyone to know me, know my story nor ask me questions. At 12:58am 2nd of May, I decided to release my name from the shame and ridicule it was once drenched in.

6 years ago, at the Age of 16, my name, my picture, was displayed in front of thousands of students at Covenant University, as well as my offence and punishment. I was punished for being manipulated and sexually abused by 26 year old masters student named David. “why didn’t you scream” “why did you let him remove your clothes” “why

didn’t you say anything when someone knocked at his office door” being thrown at my face Infront of disciplinary panel as I broke down in tears. On departure day, only my name and face appeared on the screen in the hall of multitude of students. His name and face wash spared, he wasn’t punished.

It was until my father, who later on tried to reduce my punishment found out my abuser wasn’t punished after being lied to that he was locked up. He was still working and walking freely in school. I bore the shame and disgrace alone. It was sometime after, after enough hammering on the school by my father that my abuser got punished. For years, i’ve carried the guilt, for years, I believed it was my fault, that I deserve what I got but today, I say no more. I am Maduka Uchechukwu and I’ve made an oath to myself never to carry the blame of being sexually assaulted, that it was NEVER and will never be my fault. I reject and remove the shame that has hovered around my name and I completely set myself free. I’ll no longer hide, I will no longer be ashamed of my name.

Maduka Uchechukwu, that’s who I am and that’s who I will always be. I AM FREE.

https://www.codedhits.com/lady-finally-becomes-free-after-being-punished-and-shamed-for-being-sexully-assaulted/

Cc MissyB3
Cc Fynestboi
Cc Seun
Cc Mynd44

1 Like

Politics / Re: Nasarawa Assembly Fumigated, Sealed As Suleiman Adamu Dies Of Coronavirus by 247viral: 6:48pm On May 03, 2020
Just in: CBN, Bankers Committee Stop Banks From Sacking Staff ==>> https://www.codedhits.com/just-in-cbn-investors-council-prevent-banks-from-sacking-staff/
Career / Re: Pictures Of Ebonyi State Vocational College. by 247viral: 6:44pm On May 03, 2020
Just in: CBN, Bankers Committee Stop Banks From Sacking Staff ==>> https://www.codedhits.com/just-in-cbn-investors-council-prevent-banks-from-sacking-staff/
Career / Just In: Banks Beach Agreement To Halt Staff Sack Due To COVID19 Pandemic by 247viral: 6:30pm On May 03, 2020

The Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) has directed banks not to sack any cadre of staff, CodedHits

The decision was taken after a special meeting of the bankers’ committee held on Saturday to review the implications of the COVID-19 pandemic on the Nigerian banking industry.

A statement signed by CBN spokesman, Isaac Okorafor, on Sunday said he committee particularly deliberated on the issue of the operating costs of banks in view of the disruptions emanating from the global economic difficulties.

According to Mr Okorafor, the meeting decided as follows:

“In order to help minimize and mitigate the negative impact of the COVID19 pandemic on families and livelihoods, no bank in Nigeria shall retrench or lay-off any staff of any cadre (including full-time and part-time).

“To give effect to the above measure, the express approval of the Central Bank of Nigeria shall be required in the event that it becomes absolutely necessary to lay-off any such staff.”

CodedHits report that the statement added that the CBN “solicits the support of all in our collective effort to weather through the economic challenges occasioned by the COVID-19 pandemic.”

Nigerian banks are currently facing the threat of rising bad-debt levels as a crash in oil prices and the risk of a naira devaluation coincide with the COVID-19 pandemic.

https://www.codedhits.com/just-in-cbn-investors-council-prevent-banks-from-sacking-staff/

Cc MissyB3
Cc Fynestboi
Cc Seun
Cc Mynd44

Health / Promasidor Nigeria Contributes Over N280 Million Towards COVID-19 Fight by 247viral: 5:59pm On May 03, 2020

Promasidor, a leading food & dairy company, has made a direct cash contribution as well as donation of its quality food products in the fight against COVID-19, CodedHits

The company made a N200 million direct cash contribution for the exclusive purchase of equipment required in the fight against COVID-19 through the Nigeria Private Sector Coalition against COVID-19 (CACOVID), and also donated some of its quality products worth over N80 million to Lagos State and Ekiti State Governments.
From the Eighty million naira (N80m) products supports, the company has donated its milk, beverages, cereals and seasoning products worth N44million in support of the food bank in Lagos state. Similarly, it has given products worth N34m to Ekiti state and another N5.7 million worth of products to Isolo community, a major part of Lagos metropolis that plays host to its operational headquarters.

While receiving the products donations from Promasidor, Mrs. Abisola Olusanya, Special Adviser to Governor of Lagos State on Agriculture commended the company over its corporate gesture to the state and her citizens.
“We must appreciate Promasidor for this generous gesture towards the state and its citizens. I want to assure Lagosians on behalf of Promasidor that these items would be well expended by giving them to vulnerable groups, which includes the aged, the indigent people among others. At such a time like this when COVID-19 is ravaging all over the world, we will do our best to ensure that it gets into the right hands,” she said.

Promasidor Nigeria Ltd are the makers of Cowbell, Loya, Miksi, Onga Seasoning, Top Tea and SunVita Cereal.

https://www.codedhits.com/promasidor-nigeria-contributes-over-n280-million-in-cash-and-food-products-towards-covid-19-fight/

Cc MissyB3
Cc Fynestboi
Cc Seun
Cc Mynd44
Health / Transcorp Group CEO, Owen Omogiafo, Unveils New Vision For Company At 14th AGM by 247viral: 5:53pm On May 02, 2020
President/Group CEO of Transnational Corporation of Nigeria Plc (Transcorp), Owen Omogiafo, has set out her strategic ambition for the company, while also committing to safeguarding shareholder interests by ensuring improved dividends.

She outlined her vision for the conglomerate at its 14th Annual General Meeting (AGM) held online due to the Covid-19 pandemic.

At the AGM, Transcorp shareholders congratulated the board and management for the resilient performance achieved in 2019, despite the challenging environment.

They welcomed the diversified earnings provided by the Group, Nigeria’s leading listed conglomerate, the largest power generator in Nigeria, operator of sub-Saharan Africa’s largest hotel and a growing natural resources player.

Shareholders participated in the meeting through proxies and a total of 129 proxies representing holders of 21,450,062,121 ordinary shares of the company voted on the resolutions proposed by the directors to the shareholders.

Mrs Omogiafo, who was recently appointed as the Group CEO with a team of subsidiary CEOs, stated that the new management team is dedicated to delivering and exceeding the strategic objectives of the company, rooted in its founding vision and expressed in its corporate purpose of ‘Improving Lives, Transforming Nigeria’.

She said: “In hospitality, we will deepen and expand our market share by deploying an asset light strategy, leveraging best in class technology and continuously drive the highest service standards. In power, we target completing the ongoing transaction for the 100 per cent acquisition of another power plant in the gas rich Niger Delta Region of Nigeria – Afam Genco, this year.

“This will enhance our play in the power space, with increased generation capacity, revenue and profitability. Our drive to diversify our energy mix will also continue, with a focus on renewable energy and off grid solutions. We will continue to monitor developments in the oil and gas space, while making the best decisions in the interest of the company and its shareholders regarding the development of our oil and gas asset, OPL 281. Working with the MD/CEO of Transcorp Hotels Plc, Dupe Olusola and the MD/CEO, Transcorp Power Ltd, Chris Ezeafulukwe, and all our highly committed staff and partners, we are well positioned as a group to continue to deliver great value for our shareholders.”

In his address to the shareholders, Transcorp chairman, Tony Elumelu, commended the efforts of the government in combatting the pandemic and reiterated the importance of synergy between the private sector and government, in stemming the spread of the global pandemic.

“I’ve often said that our commitment to improving lives and transforming Nigeria is a lifelong one. Those words are truer today than ever, as we partner with State and Federal authorities to stem the tide of the COVID-19 pandemic, while our businesses seek to cushion its impact for Nigerians in their course of operation,” he said.

The meeting was the first full virtual AGM to be held by any listed company on the Nigerian Stock Exchange. Shareholders viewed the decision to hold the AGM virtually as a demonstration of the proactiveness of the company, efficiently and effectively channeling company resources.

The Chairman, Progressive Shareholders Association of Nigeria, Boniface Okezie, said in his comments during the meeting, “This virtual AGM – the first of its kind for a publicly listed company in Nigeria, reflects the level of innovation and technology adoption in our company. This is truly exciting!”

Transcorp achieved a turnover of N76.35bn and profit before tax of N7.90bn in the year under review. Revenue from its power business, Transcorp Power Limited declined during the period, reflecting acute gas supply issues, transmission challenges, delay in debt payment by government and continuing structural impediments in the sector. The company’s hospitality business, Transcorp Hotels Plc, on the other hand, grew its year-on-year revenue by 17 per cent and gross profit increased by 19 per cent, compared to FY 2018.

Omogiafo concluded by highlighting that despite current challenges brought on by the global pandemic, the underlining strength of the Group’s businesses, the quality of its assets, its position as the leading Nigerian electricity producer, the proud owner of the Transcorp Hilton Hotel in Abuja, the hospitality gateway to Nigeria and its growing strength as an effective natural resources player, should give shareholders great confidence in the Group’s future.

She thanked staff and management particularly for their dedication during the recent lockdown.

https://www.codedhits.com/transcorp-group-ceo-owen-omogiafo-unveils-new-vision-for-company-at-14th-agm/

Cc MissyB3
Cc Fynestboi
Cc Seun
Cc Mynd44

Business / COVID-19 Oil Crash: Shell Cuts Dividend For First Time Since 1940s by 247viral: 5:37pm On May 01, 2020
Royal Dutch Shell RDSa cuts its dividend for the first time in 80 years and suspended the next tranche of its share buyback program following the collapse in global oil demand due to the coronavirus pandemic.

Ben van Beurden, the chief executive said this in a statement issued on Thursday, April 30, 2020, in London.

“Given the continued deterioration in the macroeconomic outlook and the significant mid and long-term uncertainty, we are taking further prudent steps to bolster our resilience, underpin the strength of our balance sheet and support the long-term value creation of Shell,” Beurden said.

Starting in the first quarter, Shell will reduce its quarterly dividend to 16 cents per share from 47 cents in the previous quarter.

For decades, Shell has taken pride in having never cut its dividend since the Second World War, resisting such a move even during the deep downturns of the 1980s.

Shell’s first-quarter net income attributable to shareholders based on a current cost of supplies, CCS, and excluding identified items, fell 46 percent from a year earlier to 2.9 billion dollars, above the consensus in an analyst survey provided by the company.

Shell’s fourth-quarter net income was also 2.9 billion dollars.

The company said it cut activity at its refining business by up to 40 percent in response to the demand shock.

https://www.codedhits.com/covid-19-oil-crash-shell-cuts-dividend-for-first-time-since-1940s/

Cc MissyB3
Cc Fynestboi
Cc Seun
Cc Mynd44
Politics / Kogi West: INEC Urges Election Tribunal To Dismiss Dino Melaye’s Case by 247viral: 4:32pm On May 01, 2020

The Independent National Electoral Commission, INEC, has told the National Assembly Election Petition Tribunal sitting in Abuja to dismiss the case filed by Dino Melaye, PDP, challenging the victory of Smart Adeyemi, APC, in the last year November 16/30 Kogi West Senatorial District rerun election.

This was contained in an oral submission by counsel to INEC, Chris Alashey on Thursday, April 30, 2020, while closing its case, saying the application filed by the petitioners (Melaye) lacked merit and was incompetent.

The electoral umpire who was supposed to open her case on Tuesday could not do so, because her witness was unable to make his way to the court due to the lockdown declared by the Federal Government arising from the Covid19 pandemic; pleaded to do so on Thursday.

INEC, however, changed their mind about calling a witness as hearing resumes on Thursday, saying the Petitioner’s position was enough ground to dismiss the case, as there was no need to call a witness again.

Alashey, the INEC counsel, said, “When I was trying to get in touch with my witnesses, I also used the same time to review the testimony of the Petitioner’s witnesses, where most of them admitted before the court that they lied.

On this note, I am no longer calling any evidence.

This is on the fact that the first respondent (INEC) case was clearly established during the cross-examination of the Petitioner’s witnesses.

“Your lordships can bear me witness that I commanded the witnesses for saying the truth that the election was free and fair.

On this, I hereby close my case and plead your lordships to grant me my prayers that the petitions should be struck out for lacking in merits and full of lies, errors, and deceits.”

The Tribunal subsequently adjourned to May 5, 2020, for the 2nd respondents’, (Senator Smart Adeyemi) to open his case.

https://www.codedhits.com/kogi-west-inec-urges-election-tribunal-to-dismiss-dino-melayes-case/

Cc MissyB3
Cc Fynestboi
Cc Seun
Cc Mynd44
Crime / Re: Photos: Lady Set To Perform Ritual After Being Raped Till She Lost Her Pregnancy by 247viral: 4:16pm On May 01, 2020
Crime / Photos: Lady Set To Perform Ritual After Being Raped Till She Lost Her Pregnancy by 247viral: 4:09pm On May 01, 2020

Laolu Omogunwa, a commercial motorcyclist, is currently on the run after raping a pregnant woman to coma inside a bush in Ago Akingboye, Ondo State.

Mrs Sade Jawo, 30, had hired Omogunwa at Ajagba, to take her to a farm settlement where she wanted to go and buy palm oil.

According to her, while on their way, the Okada rider convinced her that he knew another farm settlement where she could get the palm oil at a cheaper price.

She decided to give it a try, not knowing that Omogunwa had a different mission. The motorcyclist ended up dragging her into the bush and raped her till she started bleeding and lost her pregnancy.

She said she was almost strangulated by the suspect when she resisted him, but she had to give in when she observed that he was ready to kill her and rape her dead body.

The victim passed out for close to 48 hours and was later rescued by a search party organized by her family.

Mrs Jawo revealed that the rapist took her mobile phone and emptied her purse in which she kept N150,000 that she wanted to use to buy palm oil.

Meanwhile, traditional ruler of Ajagba, Oba Adesayo Ajibade, has described the crime as a taboo in the land. He revealed that it’s a sacrilege to have sex with a woman on bare ground in Ikale land.

He added that the consequence of such act on the land are poor yields and famine unless the offenders make sacrifices to propitiate the gods of the land.

He also warned that the raped pregnant woman might not survive any subsequent sickness without making the appropriate rituals.

https://www.codedhits.com/lady-set-to-perform-rituals-after-being-raped-till-she-lost-her-pregnancy/

Cc MissyB3
Cc Fynestboi
Cc Seun
Cc Mynd44
Family / Woman Boils Stones To Put Her Crying Kids To Sleep After Going Hungry For Days by 247viral: 3:40pm On May 01, 2020

A widow in Kisauni, Kenya has received several donations after she was seen cooking stones for her children because she didn't have any money for food stuff. She did that just to make them sleep, while they thought she was cooking and decided to get some sleep. After going hungry for days.

For the last few days, Ms Kitsao has been forced to boil stones in the name of cooking to make her hungry children think a meal is being prepared as she has nothing to feed them on.

She said that initially, the children would be tricked and go to sleep on empty stomachs but they later learnt that "I was lying to them". "They started telling me that they know I am lying to them, but I could do nothing because I have nothing," she added.

The widow, whose husband was killed by a criminal gang a few months ago, has been unsuccessfully struggling to get food for her family for the last one month.

Ms Kitsao, who used to wash clothes in her neighbourhood for a living, says that people have now become cautious and no longer allow anyone into their houses.

https://www.codedhits.com/woman-boils-stones-to-put-her-crying-children-to-sleep-after-going-hungry-for-days/

Cc MissyB3
Cc Fynestboi
Cc Seun
Cc Mynd44
Celebrities / CNN Anchor, Cooper, Welcomes A Son As A Gay Kid by 247viral: 12:06pm On May 01, 2020

“As a gay kid, I never thought it’d be possible to have a child,” CNN anchor, Cooper, says, as he welcomes a son via surrogacy, CodedHits.com

I want to share with you some joyful news. On Monday, I became a father. This is Wyatt Cooper. He is three days old. He is named after my father, who died when I was ten. I hope I can be as good a dad as he was. My son's middle name is Morgan. It's a family name on my mom's side.

I know my mom and dad liked the name morgan because I recently found a list they made 52 years ago when they were trying to think of names for me. Wyatt Morgan Cooper. My son. He was 7.2 lbs at birth, and he is sweet, and soft, and healthy and I am beyond happy.

As a gay kid, I never thought it would be possible to have a child, and I'm grateful for all those who have paved the way, and for the doctors and nurses and everyone involved in my son's birth.

Most of all, I am grateful to a remarkable surrogate who carried Wyatt, and watched over him lovingly, and tenderly, and gave birth to him. It is an extraordinary blessing what she, and all surrogates give to families who cant have children. My surrogate has a beautiful family of her own, a wonderfully supportive husband, and kids, and I am incredibly thankful for all the support they have given Wyatt and me. My family is blessed to have this family in our lives

I do wish my mom and dad and my brother, Carter, were alive to meet Wyatt, but I like to believe they can see him. I imagine them all together, arms around each other, smiling and laughing, happy to know that their love is alive in me and in Wyatt, and that our family continues.

https://www.codedhits.com/cnn-anchor-cooper-welcomes-a-son-as-a-gay-kid/

Cc MissyB3
Cc Fynestboi
Cc Seun
Cc Mynd44
Celebrities / Helen Paul Celebrate ‘television Husband’ Uti Nwachukwu On Jara 10th Anniversary by 247viral: 11:01am On Dec 18, 2019
Comedienne and actress, Helen Paul, has celebrated her co-host for popular TV show, Jara, Uti Nwachukwu, as the series enters its 10th year.

The 41-year-old in a post on Instagram on Wednesday called Uti her ‘television husband for 10 good years’ and also thanked the crew.

“My Television husband for 10 good years. Thank you @siruti. The best company in the world @africamagic. Thank you my Jara Family. Thank you. Our 20 years anniversary must be very big o in Jesus name. I really want to close down third mainland for that coming party��,” she said.

In another Instagram post, Helen revealed that Uti and her have never been to each other’s house but are presumed to be best of friends.

“In the spirit of gratitude. We’ve never been to each other’s house but with a free spirit it looks like we know everything about each other. The only thing we know about each other is our salary and the date� I love you @siruti. Thanks to @africamagic. Thanks to the cast and crew. Thanks to all our fans and viewers. We love you all. 10 years and counting. Thank God,” she said.

Uti Nwachukwu won the 2001 edition of Big Brother Africa 3 (All-Stars).

https://www.ngvibezloaded.com/helen-paul-celebrates-television-husband-uti-nwachukwu-on-jara-10th-anniversary/

Cc Lalasticlala
Cc MissyB3
Cc Fynestboi
Cc Seun
Cc Mynd44

Celebrities / Monalisa Chinda’s Daughter Returns Home For Christmas by 247viral: 3:32pm On Dec 17, 2019
Tamar Chinda, daughter of Nollywood actress, Monalisa Chinda-Coker, has returned home for Christmas.

Monalisa announced her daughter’s return on Tuesday on Instagram, saying she has not had a personal time since Tamar’s return.

“My baby girl is back home !!! Hmmmnnn!!! �‍♀️�‍♀️�‍♀️�‍♀️�‍♀️ Not one minute to myself since she landed��… Thank God for good health�,” she said.

The 45-year-old celebrated her daughter’s 11th birthday in February.

Tamar is believed to be enrolled in a boarding school, however, it is not known if the school is within the country.

Monalisa married Victor Tonye Coker in 2016 after her marriage to Dejo Richards, father of Tamar, hit rock bottom in 2009.

https://www.ngvibezloaded.com/monalisa-chindas-daughter-returns-home-for-christmas/
Cc Lalasticlala
Cc MissyB3
Cc Fynestboi
Cc Seun
Cc Mynd44

Politics / NAF Destroys ISWAP Logistics Storage Facilities In Borno by 247viral: 2:03pm On Dec 17, 2019
The Nigerian Air Force (NAF) says its Air Task Force (ATF) has destroyed some Islamic State of West Africa Province (ISWAP) logistics storage facilities at Kirta Wulgo on the fringes of Lake Chad in northern Borno.

Air Commodore Ibikunle Daramola, NAF’s Director of Public Relations and Information disclosed this in a statement on Tuesday in Abuja.

Daramola explained that the destruction was achieved in airstrikes carried out in the ongoing “Operation Rattle Snake.’

“The operation was executed after credible Human Intelligence (HUMINT) reports indicated that three green-roofed buildings at the edge of the settlement were being used as warehouses by the ISWAP elements to store their food, vehicle spares, gunboats and other logistics items.

“Accordingly, the ATF, after carrying out confirmatory Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance (ISR) missions, dispatched its attack aircraft to engage the location scoring devastating hits in successive strikes leading to the destruction of the buildings,’’ he said.

Daramola said the NAF, operating in concert with surface forces would sustain efforts to completely destroy all remnants of the terrorists in the North East.

https://www.ngvibezloaded.com/naf-destroys-iswap-logistics-storage-facilities-in-borno/

Cc Lalasticlala
Cc MissyB3
Cc Fynestboi
Cc Seun
Cc Mynd44

Education / OOU Students Kills Large Snake After Biting A Lady And Attempts To Strangle Her by 247viral: 1:55pm On Dec 17, 2019
Video Of OOU Students Kills Large Snake After Biting A Lady And Attempts To Strangle Her Suface Trend On Social Media
https://www.ngvibezloaded.com/oou-students-klls-large-snake-after-biting-a-lady-and-attempts-to-strangle-her/

Cc Lalasticlala
Cc MissyB3
Cc Fynestboi
Cc Seun
Cc Mynd44

Politics / NSCDC Deputy Commandant Will Forfeit ‘estate Of 60 Houses’ Acquired By Fraud by 247viral: 1:42pm On Dec 17, 2019
NSCDC Deputy Commandant will Forfeit ‘Estate of 60 Houses’ Acquired by Fraud – ICPC

A Federal High court has ordered the forfeiture of an estate of 60 houses which belong to Adenike Ishola, a Deputy Commandant of the Nigera Security and Civil Defence Corps (NSCDC) for acquiring them through fraudulent means as reported by The Independent Corrupt Practices and Other Related Offences Commission (ICPC)

The commission made this known in a statement made available to newsmen after Justice Okon-Abang gave the verdict.

Ishola was said to have fled the country during the course of her trial and has remained incommunicado ever since.

The estate of 60 houses is located at Sabon Lugbe, Abuja

“In its sustained determination to recover assets acquired with the proceeds of crime by corrupt persons, the ICPC has secured an interim forfeiture order on two assets located at Sabon Lugbe, Abuja,” the ICPC said.

“Following a motion of ex parte filed by counsel for the ICPC, John Okwor, Justice Okon-Abang of the Federal High Court 6, sitting in Abuja granted the order against the assets linked to an erstwhile staff of the Nigeria Security and Civil Defence Corps, Ms Adenike Ishola, and her company, Faith Winners Properties Nigeria Ltd.

“The properties include an estate of 60 buildings at Plot No. MF1296 (10.9ha), Sabon Lugbe South-West Extension (Goza Airport Road), Abuja, and a property at Plot No.ED1295 (9.6ha), located at Sabon Lugbe South-West Extension (Goza Airport Road), Abuja.

“Ishola, a Deputy Commandant, and her company are standing trial before the Federal Capital Territory High Court in charge No FCT/HC/CR/101/2013 for using her company to hoodwink unsuspecting members of the public into subscribing for allocation in a proposed housing estate while passing off the said estate project as collaboration with her employer. In the course of the trial, Ishola jumped bail, and available information indicates that she is out of the country.”

https://www.ngvibezloaded.com/nscdc-deputy-commandant-will-forfeit-estate-of-60-houses-acquired-by-fraud-icpc/

Cc Lalasticlala
Cc MissyB3
Cc Fynestboi
Cc Seun
Cc Mynd44

(1) (2) (3) (of 3 pages)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 108
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.