Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,576 members, 7,958,781 topics. Date: Thursday, 26 September 2024 at 12:10 AM

Reasons Why First Class Students Never Become First Class People In Life - Education (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Reasons Why First Class Students Never Become First Class People In Life (44340 Views)

Reasons Why First Class Students Never Become First Class People In Life / UNIMAID Graduates 172 First-class Students / 10 Causes Of Poor Academic Performance In School – Most Students Never Admit #8 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Reasons Why First Class Students Never Become First Class People In Life by Fathai(m): 8:44pm On Jul 27, 2015
majority...of first class graduate just do think about school battle....they do forget the overall life battle.
Re: Reasons Why First Class Students Never Become First Class People In Life by Nobody: 8:47pm On Jul 27, 2015
Dollyak:
The statistics says otherwise. The first sentence lost it. Bye
are you first class? BTW you reason and write like a man... yarinya, giaskia you remind me of the female moniker safarigirl, very versatile personality
Re: Reasons Why First Class Students Never Become First Class People In Life by tchalae: 8:54pm On Jul 27, 2015
Lol....Even 2chainz gaaan finishd wif first class sef...so wat is d op saying.......success in life deals more with vision and grace than grades or who you know....but one thing is for sure, the first class grade will always open doors for you and giv u attention wen u need it.....d rest is emotional intelligence

2 Likes

Re: Reasons Why First Class Students Never Become First Class People In Life by Shinelle(f): 9:55pm On Jul 27, 2015
I've read through the post and realise that every single point raised therein relates to every student within any class of degree... it affects everyone alike; so why are the first class students ridiculed with such faulty generalizations always on NL?

and then to the responding posts.. wow! Brings me to my next question :

Why is there so much hate on the phrase 'First Class' in this country?..
Inferiority complex, Self-consolation or just plain stupidity?

I mean,is it free? Were you offered? If it were free, would you accept?
If yes, then why the hate? If no, then why are you still uncomfortable with your choice?

"Examination is not the true test of knowledge" are you just knowing ? why did you buy jamb form to start with?

Has any first class graduate come to you to beg for food? Have they ever approached you to "exchange" results? Why cry more than the 'bereaved' then?

First class is an end in itself, not a means to an end please...they studied hard, read, memorised, stayed up kate to do the group work you all dodged, sat exams, aced them... and they've gotten the reward! Just like yall..whatever your own class may be.

Post graduate life is just like every other race, it requires fresh hardwork to also come 'first' in it.

Please let's avoid discouraging the young aspiring students...aim for the best always..
Like people always say "money isn't the key to Happiness" but it's more comforting to cry in a Bentley than under the scorching sun in a keke..lol

The sky is big enough for all to fly people! ; Live and let live....

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reasons Why First Class Students Never Become First Class People In Life by SangoCrusader: 10:08pm On Jul 27, 2015
This is inspirational... and so true. School does not prepare you for the real world. He who dares wins in this world...
Re: Reasons Why First Class Students Never Become First Class People In Life by Nobody: 10:45pm On Jul 27, 2015
kelsidengkucio:
They forget that examination is not the true test of brillancy... Check out albert einstien
what happened to him?
Re: Reasons Why First Class Students Never Become First Class People In Life by Oselumhe: 10:53pm On Jul 27, 2015
Datamega:
Lies from the pit of hell

quote pls don't send any money or card to dis guy oo..he is a scammer oo..am a vctim
Re: Reasons Why First Class Students Never Become First Class People In Life by desource13(m): 6:47am On Jul 28, 2015
refreshrate:

Na dat last line you take fvck up guy.
That you haven't seen doesn't make it so. please modify Just in case you probably haven't taken time to study your role model here his positions were appointments. As a minister I'm sure you know how that plays out in Nigeria or are all our ministers first class graduates?

answer.
its like u didn't read wats in d link i sent 2 u, all his achievement b4 ministeral appointment is based on merit, he has won several awards b4 he became d minister nd has been honoured by several universities even b4 he became nd he even won extra-ordinary award @ d silverbird man of d year award 4 his role in developing d agricultural sector.... U shud try nd open ur mind 2 read his autobiography 4 u 2 knw dat he his a 1st class personality
Re: Reasons Why First Class Students Never Become First Class People In Life by TheSuperNerd(m): 12:24pm On Jul 28, 2015
Well, I understand that Einstein 'failed' a university entrance test/exam (though he did good in the physics and maths sections) in switzerland, I think, b4 he got into a tertiary college someplace else.
But he's still the greatest scientist of the 20th century with a nobel prize in 1921. He started where newtonian physics stopped and took the physical sciences to a whole new level with the laws and theories of relativity, interconvertibility of matter, Dual nature of Light, and much more.
His ideas formed d foundation dat the U.S. of A built on, thru Oppenheimer, Neils Bohr and Co., to create d atomic bomb which turned d tide of WW2 and contributed to d fall of Hitler and d Nazis.

But yes, Einstein flunked exams as a kid and as a young scholar in his early twenties.
He remains one of my top role models in Science today. But of course, he was a genius, a savant and a FIRST CLASS BRAIN. First class, maybe not on paper, but certainly in every oda ramification. And I nid not tell pple dat he read and meditated a lot.

Teempakguy:
what happened to him?
Re: Reasons Why First Class Students Never Become First Class People In Life by Larrylarex(m): 4:14pm On Jul 28, 2015
dapyd1:
The truth is this;
75% of what we need to get to the top in life is not taught in the Nigerian curriculum, 75% of what is taught in the Nigerian curriculum is not needed to get to the top in life.
Bros, please put it at 85%. School is overrated I'm telling you! I was the third best student in my faculty, what do I have to show for it? My intuition pays the bill now not the grade!
Re: Reasons Why First Class Students Never Become First Class People In Life by free37: 11:46am On Jul 31, 2015
Lautechgossip:

While in University, we often spend too much energy in acquiring good grades that we forget to acquire good class personality.

After concentrating all energy in acquiring the first class grades, we transform into a society where first class grades don’t matter much as having a first class personality.

Being top of your class does not necessarily guarantee that you will be at the top of life.

School rewards people for their memory. Life rewards people for their imagination and innovations. School rewards caution, life rewards daring. School hails those who live by the rules. Life exalts those who break the rules and set new ones.

So do I mean people shouldn’t study hard in school? Oh, no, you should. But don’t sacrifice every other thing on the altar
of First Class. Don’t limit yourself to the classroom.

Do something practical. Take a leadership position. Start a business and fail. That’s a better Entrepreneurship 101.

Join or start an association.
Contest an election and lose.
It will teach something Political Science 101 will not teach you.

Attend a seminar. ...Read books outside the scope of your course.

Go on missions and win a soul for eternal rewards. Do something you believe in! Think less of becoming an excellent student but think more of becoming an excellent person. Make the world your classroom!

Have a great life!

http://lazyreporta.com/reasons-why-first-class-students-in-school-never-become-first-class-people-in-life/
Re: Reasons Why First Class Students Never Become First Class People In Life by mickey45: 2:24pm On Aug 07, 2015
Onyiridike:
@OP, you are simply jealous.

I am not a first class graduate but I seriously worked hard to become one.

If it is easy to read, memorize and pass exams, everybody would graduate with first class.

Also, being a first class person or having a first class personality is different from being wealthy, popular and influential.

Personality has to do with the difference in behaviour, feeling and thought. Dangote, 2-face, Bill Gate and Adenuga may not have first class personality.

It is ONLY in Africa that everything is reduced to money and afluence.

Tell them abeg,the reason nothing. Works in this country is because everyone is only interested in the balance sheet.
Gains do not have to be capital alone.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

The Inscription On Placards Used By JAMB Protesters (Photos) / 2017 Nnpc/snepco Scholarship Is Out / Tsakuwa Primary School In Taraba In Bad Condition (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.