Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,070 members, 7,814,701 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 05:44 PM

You Can Now Upgrade To Windows 10 - Computers (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / You Can Now Upgrade To Windows 10 (65694 Views)

Why You Need To Upgrade To Windows 10 Before 29th July / Note To Nigerians: Before You Upgrade To Windows 10 / See Ways To Prepare For Windows 10 Upgrade (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: You Can Now Upgrade To Windows 10 by Chamber10(m): 10:17am On Jul 30, 2015
That's good. smiley
Re: You Can Now Upgrade To Windows 10 by michealekene(m): 12:12pm On Jul 30, 2015
ibietela2:

Kingsleyfelix9@gmail.com
its not even going through. the mail won't send.
Re: You Can Now Upgrade To Windows 10 by PulseWeb: 12:14pm On Jul 30, 2015
imagine wetin person dey talk
engrajoo1:
if i no geh data nko
Re: You Can Now Upgrade To Windows 10 by mrintelligent(m): 12:25pm On Jul 30, 2015
moonraker:
Hello lads,

I can see alot of ignorance display on this thread.

I had two choices 1. Ignore and go on my merry way 2. educate anyone who cares to hear me out....

I will go with number 2.

First things first, lets get something straight here....

If you do not have a legal activation on windows 7sp1, 8 and 8.1, then you might want to hold off on upgrading to windows 10.

This is because the activation system of windows 10 has changed. you technically do not require a key to activate windows 10. I use the

word technically because well the trick is, a legit key from windows 7 and 8 is required to activate windows 10. but windows 10 on its own

does not require a key....

So if your copy of windows 7sp1 or 8 is legal, then you can upgrade to windows 10 and it will activate automatically and forever. Again, i use the

word forever because the activation system of windows 10 has changed. It uses your system Hardware ID that it creates, that is unique to your

set of hardware. During the activation after upgrade or restore it sends that info to MS. The next time you install Win10, you can do it without

the upgrade and connect to the internet and it will activate by sending that Hardware ID to MS, MS sees it and says OK I know you,

here is your activation. Pretty much that.

So for you niggurs out there looking for free sheeeiiit,

Here is what you do....

Upgrading from windows 7 Service pack 1, proceed like this

Windows 7, > activate it with Daz's loader, > upgrade it > activated successfully > format everything > fresh install windows 10 > it will be activated.

Upgrading from windows 8, 8.1

Windows 8, 8.1 - activate using KMSpico - > upgrade it > activated successfully > format everything > fresh install windows 10 > it will be activated.

any questions, fire on....

Thanks for your post, but please let me get you clearly as regards my own case.

Presently, I'm on windows 8. Activated with one file in the cd called "ACTIVATOR_KJ.120829" (is it the same thing with 'KMSpico'?). If yes, can I go ahead formatting my system and install the windows 10 os that I just bought (be informed that the key on the windows 10 did not work when I tried to install it in the first place).

What do you suggest?

Better still, can you leave ur number so that I can call you to explain better.
Thanks
Re: You Can Now Upgrade To Windows 10 by michealekene(m): 12:27pm On Jul 30, 2015
moonraker:
Hello lads,

. I use the
word technically because well the trick is, a legit key from windows 7 and 8 is required to activate windows 10. but windows 10 on its own

So if your copy of windows 7sp1 or 8 is legal, then you can upgrade to windows 10 and it will activate automatically and forever. Again, i use the

word forever because the activation system of windows 10 has changed. It uses your system Hardware ID that it creates, that is unique to your

set of hardware. During the activation after upgrade or restore it sends that info to MS. The next time you install Win10, you can do it without

the upgrade and connect to the internet and it will activate by sending that Hardware ID to MS, MS sees it and says OK I know you,

Here is what you do....

Windows 7, > activate it with Daz's loader, > upgrade it > activated successfully > format everything > fresh install windows 10 > it will be activated.

Windows 8, 8.1 - activate using KMSpico - > upgrade it > activated successfully > format everything > fresh install windows 10 > it will be activated.

oga...my windows 8 is activated,
moonraker:
Hello lads,

. I use the

Here is what you do....

moonraker:
Hello lads,

. I use the

Here is what you do....

what do I need to upgrade it to again?... by formatting everything how do I go about it.. wld an ISO version be OK to directly install from a USB stick?...
I feel everyone is to present the key to deir former windows version for win 10 to be permanently activated.
Re: You Can Now Upgrade To Windows 10 by michealekene(m): 12:34pm On Jul 30, 2015
mrintelligent:

Presently, I'm on windows 8. Activated with one file in the cd called "ACTIVATOR_KJ.120829" (is it the same thing with 'KMSpico'?). If yes, can I go ahead formatting my system and install the windows 10 os that I just bought (be informed that the key on the windows 10 did not work when I tried to install it in the first place).

Thanks

win 10 already out on cd??
Re: You Can Now Upgrade To Windows 10 by michealekene(m): 12:38pm On Jul 30, 2015
Mr intelligent ..Anyways im in d same shoes as u r, I am abt completing 3.7 gig ISO file for win 10, my system runs win 8 (activated by a method im not aware of, cld even be stock OS). but my fear is...after installation, to get ur win 10 activated, u need the key to ur former win version which I don't have.

Secondly how to u format everything again in win8?? is it d same as restoring factory settings on the settings menu dat wld erase everything?
Re: You Can Now Upgrade To Windows 10 by Silvani(m): 12:42pm On Jul 30, 2015
moonraker:
Hello lads,

I can see alot of ignorance display on this thread.

I had two choices 1. Ignore and go on my merry way 2. educate anyone who cares to hear me out....

I will go with number 2.

First things first, lets get something straight here....

If you do not have a legal activation on windows 7sp1, 8 and 8.1, then you might want to hold off on upgrading to windows 10.

This is because the activation system of windows 10 has changed. you technically do not require a key to activate windows 10. I use the

Here is what you do....

Do you mean to FORMAT the PC?
Re: You Can Now Upgrade To Windows 10 by Silvani(m): 12:44pm On Jul 30, 2015
michealekene:

I have a Windows activator dat uses command prompt to crack windows OS, very simple to use, it auto detects ur win version and cracks it open, developed by the Russians...abt 2mb, send me ur mail so I can send it to you.

Cn it be used to upgrade from Windows 7 Home to Windows 10 Pro?

If yes, can you send to me also? Cos I need it
Re: You Can Now Upgrade To Windows 10 by moonraker(m): 12:50pm On Jul 30, 2015
mrintelligent:

Thanks for your post, but please let me get you clearly as regards my own case.

What do you suggest?

Better still, can you leave ur number so that I can call you to explain better.
Thanks

Good question...

Before we get into anything....

run the CMD command in admin mode

then type slmgr/xpr

Tell me what you see...
Re: You Can Now Upgrade To Windows 10 by moonraker(m): 12:53pm On Jul 30, 2015
michealekene:

what do I need to upgrade it to again?... by formatting everything how do I go about it.. wld an ISO version be OK to directly install from a USB stick?...
I feel everyone is to present the key to deir former windows version for win 10 to be permanently activated.

The bolded is correct... however, if you werent properly activated on windows 7 Sp1 or 8 or 8.1, then there is no way in hell you would be

activated on windows 10.

run CMD in admin mode

type slmgr/xpr and tell me what you see...

I will inform you on the next step...
Re: You Can Now Upgrade To Windows 10 by michealekene(m): 12:59pm On Jul 30, 2015
Silvani:

Cn it be used to upgrade from Windows 7 Home to Windows 10 Pro?

If yes, can you send to me also? Cos I need it

windows 7, 8, 8.1... sure evn office 2010-2013...I Vnt tested it on win 10, I Vnt installed win 10 either... Im trying to get sn facts straight.
Re: You Can Now Upgrade To Windows 10 by moonraker(m): 1:01pm On Jul 30, 2015
Silvani:

Do you mean to FORMAT the PC?

Another good question...

Usually, i am someone who likes to start afresh when it comes to OS upgrades....This way, i avoid any hidden viruses, issues or garbage that the

previous OS has and not carry it over to the new OS...

Here is the deal... Once you are able to activate windows 10, then you are activated for life. So you go ahead and back up your data,

format your system and install a fresh copy of windows 10. As long as it is the same computer you activated windows 10 on previously,

then you have nothing to worry about. Once you connect to the internet, you will be activated... Best believe, tested!!!

But be careful, if you change any inbuilt hardware like ermmmm maybe the hard drive or smt, you might lose your activation...
Re: You Can Now Upgrade To Windows 10 by michealekene(m): 1:03pm On Jul 30, 2015
moonraker:

The bolded is correct... however, if you werent properly activated on windows 7 Sp1 or 8 or 8.1, then there is no way in hell you would be

activated on windows 10.

run CMD in admin mode

type slmgr/xpr and tell me what you see...

I will inform you on the next step...

it says "dis machine is permanently activated "
Re: You Can Now Upgrade To Windows 10 by michealekene(m): 1:06pm On Jul 30, 2015
moonraker:

Another good question...

Usually, i am someone who likes to start afresh when it comes to OS upgrades....This way, i avoid any hidden viruses, issues or garbage that the

previous OS has and not carry it over to the new OS...

Here is the deal... Once you are able to activate windows 10, then you are activated for life. So you go ahead and back up your data,

format your system and install a fresh copy of windows 10. As long as it is the same computer you activated windows 10 on previously,

then you have nothing to worry about. Once you connect to the internet, you will be activated... Best believe, tested!!!

But be careful, if you change any inbuilt hardware like ermmmm maybe the hard drive or smt, you might lose your activation...

d word "format" on win 8 get as e be....do u mean restoring factory settings??
Re: You Can Now Upgrade To Windows 10 by moonraker(m): 1:08pm On Jul 30, 2015
michealekene:

it says "dis machine is permanently activated "

Moist, very moist...

Alrighty then, so all you have to do now is upgrade your machine to windows 10...

rest assured you will be activated....
Re: You Can Now Upgrade To Windows 10 by moonraker(m): 1:12pm On Jul 30, 2015
michealekene:

d word "format" on win 8 get as e be....do u mean restoring factory settings??

Formatting is only necessary when you want to start afresh. as in No previous installation of windows 7 or 8, just straight to windows 10 fresh install...

if you dont want to lose your data and you couldnt be arsed to back up, then just UPDATE- meaning, a previous installation of windows 7 or 8

has to be present for an update to work...
Re: You Can Now Upgrade To Windows 10 by michealekene(m): 1:34pm On Jul 30, 2015
moonraker:

Moist, very moist...

Alrighty then, so all you have to do now is upgrade your machine to windows 10...

rest assured you will be activated....

Tnks boss....
Re: You Can Now Upgrade To Windows 10 by mrintelligent(m): 2:09pm On Jul 30, 2015
moonraker:

Good question...

Before we get into anything....

run the CMD command in admin mode

then type slmgr/xpr

Tell me what you see...

This is what I saw.

Re: You Can Now Upgrade To Windows 10 by mrintelligent(m): 2:12pm On Jul 30, 2015
michealekene:

Trust Nigerians.

Re: You Can Now Upgrade To Windows 10 by moonraker(m): 2:26pm On Jul 30, 2015
mrintelligent:

This is what I saw.

Nope. your system is definitely not activated....

go to this site

http://www.uploadable.ch/file/AZVMUdJCR836

Download it and hmmmm follow the instructions....

then run the previous command i gave you...

see what you comes up.....
Re: You Can Now Upgrade To Windows 10 by ibietela2(m): 2:28pm On Jul 30, 2015
michealekene:

its not even going through. the mail won't send.

Hmmmm
Re: You Can Now Upgrade To Windows 10 by Nobody: 4:25pm On Jul 30, 2015
Currently upgrading to Windows 10, 70% downloaded. Been told the latest version of KMNspico activates it if your OS wasn't activated before.
Re: You Can Now Upgrade To Windows 10 by PerfectlyPerfect(m): 5:15pm On Jul 30, 2015
emmyw:
Done, am through with the upgrade, you are free to ask any question!!! more pics loading when i set things up grin tongue
dude how did you download it?
i have the "get windows 10' icon on my taskbar but the download hasn't started yet. i tried using the manual download tool on microsoft website but its downloading very slowly. is there any link to download the windows installer files or iso manually with my download manager
Re: You Can Now Upgrade To Windows 10 by PerfectlyPerfect(m): 5:27pm On Jul 30, 2015
michealekene:
has anyone who didn't get upgrade notification downloaded windows 10?? I don't want to be on Mt own, I v seen the direct link for download abt 3.7gig...it's alot of data, maybe because my system is 64 bits.....I need closure here...

can you give me the download link??
Re: You Can Now Upgrade To Windows 10 by femi4: 5:59pm On Jul 30, 2015
michealekene:

I fear those boyz. Dem no dey waste time.
Re: You Can Now Upgrade To Windows 10 by femi4: 6:03pm On Jul 30, 2015
michealekene:
has anyone who didn't get upgrade notification downloaded windows 10?? I don't want to be on Mt own, I v seen the direct link for download abt 3.7gig...it's alot of data, maybe because my system is 64 bits.....I need closure here...
You better don't waist your data on that direct link. Microsoft win 10 is just 3gig. It has nothing to do with the bolded. Just be patient, your time will come
Re: You Can Now Upgrade To Windows 10 by emmyw(m): 6:28pm On Jul 30, 2015
PerfectlyPerfect:

dude how did you download it?
i have the "get windows 10' icon on my taskbar but the download hasn't started yet. i tried using the manual download tool on microsoft website but its downloading very slowly. is there any link to download the windows installer files or iso manually with my download manager
Since you already have the reserve, there is no need of manual download, just on your data and it will start downloading automatically, also check on the icon, i suggest you do it at night, mine was fast because i did it around 1am and i have full, uninterpretable 3G network. Goodluck kiss
Re: You Can Now Upgrade To Windows 10 by PerfectlyPerfect(m): 7:30pm On Jul 30, 2015
emmyw:
Since you already have the reserve, there is no need of manual download, just on your data and it will start downloading automatically, also check on the icon, i suggest you do it at night, mine was fast because i did it around 1am and i have full, uninterpretable 3G network. Goodluck kiss
i've been connected to the internet since morning but no show. how do i know its downloading? is there any way to check the download progress?
Re: You Can Now Upgrade To Windows 10 by michealekene(m): 7:31pm On Jul 30, 2015
femi4:
You better don't waist your data on that direct link. Microsoft win 10 is just 3gig. It has nothing to do with the bolded. Just be patient, your time will come

Oga, d link is solid... Its installation via media, it's a direct Microsoft Windows link with step by step installation process. The particular download link when u strt downloading expires after 24 hrs...u can download it via fone, usb, cd nd run it on the system u wish to upgrade.
If u already v d get windows 10 icon, its because ur system was recently updated or ur installation update is automatical.
Re: You Can Now Upgrade To Windows 10 by michealekene(m): 7:32pm On Jul 30, 2015
PerfectlyPerfect:

i've been connected to the internet since morning but no show. how do i know its downloading? is there any way to check the download progress?

The link u requested

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10ISO
Re: You Can Now Upgrade To Windows 10 by mrintelligent(m): 7:36pm On Jul 30, 2015
moonraker:

Nope. your system is definitely not activated....

go to this site

http://www.uploadable.ch/file/AZVMUdJCR836

Download it and hmmmm follow the instructions....

then run the previous command i gave you...

see what you comes up.....

Here is what I got

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (14) (Reply)

Difference Between China HP And Original HP? / Computer Professional Body In Nigeria / Sending Executable Files Through Gmail

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.