Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,117 members, 7,814,917 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 11:23 PM

NYSC 2016 Batch A Corp Members House - NYSC (2044) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / NYSC 2016 Batch A Corp Members House (3377856 Views)

NYSC 2017 Batch A Corps Members House / NYSC 2016 Batch B Corps Members House / How To Verify Your NYSC 2016 Batch A Senate List (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2041) (2042) (2043) (2044) (2045) (2046) (2047) ... (2535) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NYSC 2016 Batch A Corp Members House by 1mrblitz(m): 4:41pm On Apr 03, 2016
LogoDWhiz:

Welldone bro. Thanks for this, more importantly the advice..

Abbeyunique2. . That was interesting from you. Thanks
ma pleasure boss

1 Like

Re: NYSC 2016 Batch A Corp Members House by 1mrblitz(m): 4:43pm On Apr 03, 2016
AdunniIwo:
undecided grin

Well-done everyone.
Chommieblaq, I really admire you.

1mrblitz, I needed dat ( d kogi write-up). Thanks.
Dtobs, good job.
Well said, missoyin.
Fraiser, you're case is special.
GC citizens, pls hlp me beg nepa. Dey've bin holding d lyt snc ystday.
u wlcm
Re: NYSC 2016 Batch A Corp Members House by 1mrblitz(m): 4:44pm On Apr 03, 2016
CROBBOY:
Great piece there 1mrblitz, Fraiser (we need visit mountain for your head) and DTOBS.

WE'RE EXPECTING TO SEE MORE FROM YOU GUYS.

MissOyin and johndanny, I sight you guys. I am looking forward to seeing your contributions.

Thanks for your usual Cooperation!
tnkx boss
Re: NYSC 2016 Batch A Corp Members House by Nobody: 5:36pm On Apr 03, 2016
LOola12:
NYSC ANNOUNCES 25% REDUCTION IN CORPS MEMBERS ALLOWANCE

The management of the National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) has revealed its decision to downwardly review the monthly allowance of Corps Members by 25%. The Director General of the NYSC, Brigadier General Bamidele Oluwami made this known to newsmen after an emergency meeting at its headquarters in Abuja. On what prompted the decision, he explained that the current economic situation in the country coupled with its low allocation in the 2016 budget necessitated such decision. "We cannot afford to continue with the current payment we are making to youth corpers. The provision in the 2016 budget didn't allow for that. We are even owing 2 months allowance for batch b corpers" that we have not paid. He appealed to corps members to be patient as the country is going through tough times.

With this development, instead of the 19,800 monthly allowance, corps members will now receive 14,800 as monthly allowance.

Corps Members React

Angry and frustrated corps members have taken to their twitter accounts to vent their anger.

@Jude Uchendu "They must be joking. This is totally unacceptable. When we are even clamouring for an increase in our allowance. Or are they trying to fool us?

@ Daniel "This is a far cry from the change buhari promised us. How is that money supposed to maintain us when prices of things have Skyrocketed.

Ever since the Apc government took power in 2015, there have been a lot of mixed reactions from Nigerians concerning the administration with a vast majority of Nigerians vacillating between exorbitant enthusiasm and irrational irritability.

#copied

your source please.
Re: NYSC 2016 Batch A Corp Members House by Nobody: 5:38pm On Apr 03, 2016
LogoDWhiz:

cheesy

Exactly what I was thinking in church.

Next week is the only 'uneventful' week.
But we shall make it 'eventful' over here.. grin

After next week. We enter the week for call up letter printing

grin grin

Yeah
Re: NYSC 2016 Batch A Corp Members House by CROBBOY(m): 5:41pm On Apr 03, 2016
kbemanuel:
yh sorry..CROBBOY... And 4 d contribution..m working on it...
Alright man. We are waiting.
But please don't keep us too long before some people begin to loss interest
Re: NYSC 2016 Batch A Corp Members House by LogoDWhiz(m): 5:42pm On Apr 03, 2016
nathoneal:

Thanks Presido

I only have hard copy of some of the books I listed...

Uwc..

Ohh nice..
Re: NYSC 2016 Batch A Corp Members House by LogoDWhiz(m): 5:47pm On Apr 03, 2016
MissOyin:
Lol LogoDWhiz.
4rm my point of view
President for a year. I will try and change our light generation method to dat of wat china uses. Make it complusory for most companies to be organising summer internships for youths @ different sectors. Put in place measures to reduce loothing of money.

Crobboy ok tnx let me add to wat Jubreal wrote
Hmmm I will only be able to talk abt badagry lga, ojo lga, amuwo-odofin lga, ajeromi lga nd oriade lga
Under this local government area is whr we ve ajegunle, satellite town, maza-maza, festac town, iyana iba, okomaiko, abule ado, abule oshun, ijanikin etc sha house are quite expensive in dese places, don't knw much abt ajegunle tho. Food stuffs r quite cheap @ iyana iba. Light is partially ok. There is access to two shopping mall one @ festac and one at apapa.
And as we all knw lagos z rilly crowded.

To me lagos 4 corpers is fun if u ve someone to live wit 4 free if nt u ve to hustle for more money.

Datz all I can think of right nw. Hope I tried crobboy

Cc
LogoDWhiz

Weldone dear..

Nice one
Re: NYSC 2016 Batch A Corp Members House by CROBBOY(m): 5:47pm On Apr 03, 2016
nathoneal:

You will make a good clergy man CROBBOY grin
You just hit the nail on the head... with the Scripture above.
Happy Sunday bro
cheesycheesycheesy And then you will become the major financial investor in my church gringringrin
Still waiting for more of you.
Re: NYSC 2016 Batch A Corp Members House by LogoDWhiz(m): 5:48pm On Apr 03, 2016
1mrblitz:
ma pleasure boss

Gbayi
Re: NYSC 2016 Batch A Corp Members House by LogoDWhiz(m): 5:48pm On Apr 03, 2016
shuaibbs:

grin grin

Yeah

cheesy
Re: NYSC 2016 Batch A Corp Members House by LogoDWhiz(m): 5:50pm On Apr 03, 2016
Rukky rukky..

Nice one from you..
Weldone..

Expevting you to touch the state discussion..

Thanks.

Rukkyola
Re: NYSC 2016 Batch A Corp Members House by CROBBOY(m): 5:51pm On Apr 03, 2016
MissOyin:
Lol LogoDWhiz.
4rm my point of view
President for a year. I will try and change our light generation method to dat of wat china uses. Make it complusory for most companies to be organising summer internships for youths @ different sectors. Put in place measures to reduce loothing of money.

Crobboy ok tnx let me add to wat Jubreal wrote
Hmmm I will only be able to talk abt badagry lga, ojo lga, amuwo-odofin lga, ajeromi lga nd oriade lga
Under this local government area is whr we ve ajegunle, satellite town, maza-maza, festac town, iyana iba, okomaiko, abule ado, abule oshun, ijanikin etc sha house are quite expensive in dese places, don't knw much abt ajegunle tho. Food stuffs r quite cheap @ iyana iba. Light is partially ok. There is access to two shopping mall one @ festac and one at apapa.
And as we all knw lagos z rilly crowded.

To me lagos 4 corpers is fun if u ve someone to live wit 4 free if nt u ve to hustle for more money.

Datz all I can think of right nw. Hope I tried crobboy

Cc
LogoDWhiz

Its such a great one dear. Thumbs up!

Is it true that you had 'hang-over' after your birthday grin
Re: NYSC 2016 Batch A Corp Members House by Nobody: 5:55pm On Apr 03, 2016
Rukkyola:
If I am likely to be the president for one week, I would first solve the issues of power supply in NIGERIA.
My second agenda would be repair of d bad roads in the country.
Third agenda would be to build a magnificent house for I and sent4rina where I would return to on d elapse of my week as d president.
to solve naija power problem... Babe leave dat for d gods oo
Re: NYSC 2016 Batch A Corp Members House by CROBBOY(m): 5:56pm On Apr 03, 2016
Chommieblaq:
I am to become the president ghen ghen.. .. .
If I start listing many wrongs I wan to right, u ppl will get tired of reading buh first and foremost this what I will do.

Since I won't really have power to detect who represents a constituent in d Senate or house of assembly buh I won't have recycled politicians in ma ministers, hell no!
I will scout for young Nigerian doing while in their field and making us proud home and abroad. We have many Nigerians in the relms of affairs in some countries abroad, I will lure them home to come and duplicate same.

Ministerial appointment will no longer be a thing use in compensating some people. Imagine a 2 time governor or senator being appointed as a minister. No I need a team of people that can give their all to see a better Nigeria, people that are passionate about this country.

If ma team is right, then we can face anything and build a better Nigeria.

Nice to hear this from you.

But in reality, assuming I played a major role in your becoming the President while you still have plans for a second tenure, how then do you compensate me to foster our relationship when you assume power
Re: NYSC 2016 Batch A Corp Members House by SC31(f): 6:09pm On Apr 03, 2016
If I'm the president for one week I'll make sure those who have served the country before as minister,gov,or nass members etc do not occupy those seats,get our refineries working,invest in other sector of the economy etc

If im the minister for education i'll try to make sure education is free for all at all levels,set age limits for lectures,make sure any case of harrasment in the uni by lectures are curbed by making the lectures pay fine to the students(proly 5% of his asset) etc
Re: NYSC 2016 Batch A Corp Members House by Blaze55(m): 6:17pm On Apr 03, 2016
My country people sorry I've been missing in action. We got robbed in Ph on easter sunday afternoon just infront of the house. Infact they entered the compound and took off with the car and all our devices. By the grace of God we are all good, and I go return back here in full force by next week.
Re: NYSC 2016 Batch A Corp Members House by CROBBOY(m): 6:18pm On Apr 03, 2016
Rukkyola:
THINGS WE NEED TO KNOW OR DO AS GRADUATES.

1. Regardless if you have a job or not - you are going to see Facebook statuses of your pairs celebrating and proclaiming the opportunities they have snatched. It may make you feel like crap or jealous because it will remind you that you need to get ur act together. Be calm, use their successes as tool to be inspired to achieve ur own accomplishments. Also don't forget to click the "like button" on their Facebook status. They deserve some public affirmation from a friend.

2. Family members will pressure u by asking "why don't you have a good paying job? What are you planning to do now? How are you going to pay back all ur loans?"
Just smile and laugh because ur own self-positivity will be your closest ally. If you want to hide away and cry- it helps to tear up in the shower or on a friend's shoulder.

3. You might take a job that you are over "over-qualified" for. Don't worry if that happens because it's about the journey to ur goal. Everything will add up and the truth of your work will always ring out in the end. So humble yourself, be appreciative and own up to ur opportunities, you will go far.

4. You will run into people and mentors who will offer you help, tell you that they have great potential & use fancy words to inspire you. Take their advice in strides & use it as tool to take action. They believe in u because they know you are capable - show them you are.

5. Let NO one tell you college was a waste of time. Look back @ the network of people you are connected with, the classes that opened up your mind to the understanding of how to learn, & the outside experience s ( even work ) that were offered to give you skills necessary for your future. Basically, take everything you learned from college and apply it to your life.

6. Moving out and saying goodbye to your friends will happen suddenly. Take the time to obtain their snail address and send them a small note or gift to show how much you appreciate their friendship.
You will never know when you will need each other's help.

7. Learn to love urself because it is the main thing that will keep you going. It feels even better to keep someone near you - who does love you. It 'll help.

8. Save every penny that comes your way. You never know when those unexpected emergencies will arise or better yet, when you are required to fly somewhere expensive for that final ground interview.

9. No matter what I just suggested, it doesn't really matter because at the end of the day, it's up to you to make sense of everything. But I know you will be just fine because we are all here to support each other.

thoughtcatalog.com>2014>05>things college graduates need to know.

My Dear Rukkyola, this is really an excellent compilation. Thumbs up Dear!

Its been a while, have you finally put to birth

Looking forward to seeing your analysis on your state of origin/residence.

Rukkyola:
If I am likely to be the minister of education for one week, I will ban education and distribute hoes & cutlasses to every home so that everyone would practice farming as a means of survival.
Feel free to travel abroad if you wanna study.

If we degenerate to this extend, what then becomes our competitive edge globally

Rukkyola:
If I am likely to be the president for one week, I would first solve the issues of power supply in NIGERIA.
My second agenda would be repair of d bad roads in the country.
Third agenda would be to build a magnificent house for I and sent4rina where I would return to on d elapse of my week as d president.

This is MY MOST ADMIRED comment in response to this particular question.

Experts attest that the quickest way to bring civilization and industrialization to any place is to provide and maintain a good road network and consistent power supply. This was the same thing GENERAL ELECTRIC and other partnering companies did to the American society over 100 years ago that has brought it to where it is today.

If I were to add to this, it would be to provide efficient while subsidizing the cost of BROADBAND INTERNET, TELECOMMUNIATION and the EDUCATIONAL SYSTEM.

Thumbs Up Dearie. Wishing to get more inputs from you!
Re: NYSC 2016 Batch A Corp Members House by jaybabs16(m): 6:32pm On Apr 03, 2016
big thanks to logodwhiz! I learnt a lot from different Nysc experiences shared on that link. I'll advice everyone to visit dat link and learn one or two things.

1 Like

Re: NYSC 2016 Batch A Corp Members House by CROBBOY(m): 6:35pm On Apr 03, 2016
SC31:
If I'm the president for one week I'll make sure those who have served the country before as minister,gov,or nass members etc do not occupy those seats,get our refineries working,invest in other sector of the economy etc

If im the minister for education i'll try to make sure education is free for all at all levels,set age limits for lectures,make sure any case of harrasment in the uni by lectures are curbed by making the lectures pay fine to the students(proly 5% of his asset) etc

shockedshockedshocked
Is that my own wife

*Run towards her to lift her up* Bbbbbbbaaaaaaabbbbbyyyyyy how are you

You just abandoned me here all this while making iambibi, Jubrealguy, Rukkyola and others to look down on me and talk to me anyhow.

I have really really miss you bae. How are you?

Its such a nice comments you've got there. Looking forward to hearing you talk about Lagos Dear.

Thanks for your Usual Cooperation!
Re: NYSC 2016 Batch A Corp Members House by CROBBOY(m): 6:40pm On Apr 03, 2016
1mrblitz:
tnkx boss

You're Welcome!

Still looking out for more inputs!
Re: NYSC 2016 Batch A Corp Members House by Nobody: 6:42pm On Apr 03, 2016
This is just a little piece to add to what has been said about Niger State in here by others. Niger State is one of the States in central Nigeria (Middle belt). The State is known as the POWER STATE. Facts and figures have it to say that Niger State is the largest state by land mass in Nigeria. The capital of the State is located in Minna (Mx). The present Governor of the State is Abubakar Sani Bello. The state comprises of 25 Local governments Areas namely;
Agaie
Agwara
Bida
Borgu
Bosso
Chanchaga
Edati
Gbako
Gurara
Katcha
Kontagora
Lapai
Lavun
Magama
Mariga
Mashegu
Mokwa
Muya
Paikoro
Rafi
Rijau
Shiroro
Suleja
Tafa and
Wushishi
The Orientation Camp is located in Paiko ( Less than an hour drive from the State capital or if you are coming through Lapai where the State University is located it’s also less than hour drive)
It will interest you to know that two former heads of state of Nigeria are from Niger State (General Abdulsalami Abubakar and General Ibrahim Badamasi Babangida {Known as IBB}).
The State is bordered by several States in the country (Zamfara, Kebbi, Kogi, Kaduna, Kwara States and FCT Abuja). The State also has an international boundary with Republic of Benin along Agwara and Borgu Local government areas. Of the total land mass of Nigeria , Niger State occupies 10% and of this about 85% is arable. (on a lighter note: if the 90% of the remaining land mass is distributed among the remaining states and FCT, their land mass would be about 2.5% which is not up to one third of the land mass of Niger State and we are in the same country together, I think the national assembly need to look into this… ).
Niger State is one of the most peaceful State in the North and Possibly the entire nation(my view though).
Three major ethnic groups are identified in Niger State; they are Gbagyi, Nupe and Hausa. Others include Kambari, Kakanda, Kamuku, Dibo, Dukawa etc. Like every other State of the federation Niger State accommodates numerous settlers from other parts of the country who live peacefully, contributing their own quota towards the development of the State. The State is Corp members friendly, having regards and respect for them. A large percentage of the populace engage in farming (even when they other means of income/livelihood). You can imagine some top civil servants still have farm lands that they cultivate. I want to say at this point that as a PCM if you desire land that you can cultivate in the course of the service year you can get it Niger State (possibly for free without paying a penny). The agricultural potentials of the state has not been properly harnessed and there are so many untapped opportunities in this sector. Considering the fact that the nation is focusing on Agriculture and other sector in a bid to diversify the economy.
SOME HIGHER INSTITUTIONS OF LEARNING WITHIN THE STATE
College of Administration and Business Studies , Bida.
Federal College of Education, Kontagora.
Federal College of Wild Life Management, New-Bussa.
Federal University of Technology, Minna.
Ibrahim Badamasi Babangida University, Lapai.
Niger State College of Nursing, Bida.
Niger State College of Education Minna (Now, University of Education).
Niger State Polytechnic, Zungeru.
Niger State College of Agriculture, Mokwa.
National Institute for Freshwater Fisheries Research, New Bussa.
These institutions are not limited to this but these are the ones I could lay my hands on for now.

I think I should take a break for now, will continue later on other aspects. Please I stand to be corrected on some areas by others in Niger State that could have more idea than I on some of the stated issues above. Pls bear with the write up
Kbs468, Crobboy and others you people are really trying with your long epistles, more power to your elbow.

1 Like

Re: NYSC 2016 Batch A Corp Members House by LogoDWhiz(m): 6:47pm On Apr 03, 2016
SC31:

Wow..

An interesting perspective
Re: NYSC 2016 Batch A Corp Members House by LogoDWhiz(m): 6:51pm On Apr 03, 2016
jaybabs16:
big thanks to logodwhiz! I learnt a lot from different Nysc experiences shared on that link. I'll advice everyone to visit dat link and learn one or two things.

Baba.. you are welcome. cheesy
Re: NYSC 2016 Batch A Corp Members House by LogoDWhiz(m): 6:53pm On Apr 03, 2016
Blaze55:
My country people sorry I've been missing in action. We got robbed in Ph on easter sunday afternoon just infront of the house. Infact they entered the compound and took off with the car and all our devices. By the grace of God we are all good, and I go return back here in full force by next week.

Ahh..
That's bad..

Sorry bro.

The things stolen shall be replaced with bigger IJN..
Re: NYSC 2016 Batch A Corp Members House by LogoDWhiz(m): 6:54pm On Apr 03, 2016
Ndejiko..

Weldone..

Tha ks for your input
Re: NYSC 2016 Batch A Corp Members House by Nobody: 6:59pm On Apr 03, 2016
LogoDWhiz:
Ndejiko..
Weldone..
Tha ks for your input
My pleasure Mr. President
Re: NYSC 2016 Batch A Corp Members House by Blackops(m): 7:00pm On Apr 03, 2016
Abbeyunique2:
Oyo state aka the pacesetters state is one of the oldest state in Nigeria, she derived her name because she is known for many firsts(1st university, 1st teaching hospital, 1st tv, 1st stadium etc). she is made up of 33 local government which is regionally divided into 5 zones namely ibadan(11 LGs), oyo (5LGs), ogbomosho(5), (ibarapa 3), okeogun(9). The cost of living depends on where you are eg ibadan has the highest and okeogun has the lowest. the cost of transportation is highest in ibadan and lowest in okeogun. ibadan being the capital and biggest city in west africa is highly populated, so expect traffic gridlock etc. Oyo state people is very peaceful, social and very politically oriented(emphasis on very). oke ogun, ibarapa, oyo and ogbomosho area are known for extensive, integrated agriculture but there are few companies in ibadan. Oyo state has a lot of tourist attractive places.
electricity isn't as good as other south west states. Oyo state is one of the best place to serve.
Thanks for your info. Please can you share Ogun info. Thanks very much.
Re: NYSC 2016 Batch A Corp Members House by Qutyjoice(f): 7:00pm On Apr 03, 2016
SexySapphire:

Loool...ok then if you insist. Come down to Ajah, take a cab down to Sangotedo bus-stop, lemme know when you get there. Pls come along with Katerine7 too for her share of the cake, I will do another party for the two of you

Yeeeaaaa......Nao ya talking, so coming infact on my way already.
Re: NYSC 2016 Batch A Corp Members House by Nobody: 7:03pm On Apr 03, 2016
AdunniIwo:

Lol. Dia all in Abeokuta, Ogun State.
interesting
Re: NYSC 2016 Batch A Corp Members House by Qutyjoice(f): 7:06pm On Apr 03, 2016
AdunniIwo:

I'm good dearie. How are you too? Really? Whr's dat?
Ejg City...Lol
Happy sunday dear
Re: NYSC 2016 Batch A Corp Members House by LogoDWhiz(m): 7:07pm On Apr 03, 2016
Ndejiko:

My pleasure Mr. President

cheesy

(1) (2) (3) ... (2041) (2042) (2043) (2044) (2045) (2046) (2047) ... (2535) (Reply)

Nysc 2015 Batch A / NYSC 2015 Batch B House

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.