Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,474 members, 7,819,730 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:53 PM

Would It Be Rude To Inform My Boyfriend's Family That We're Dating? - Romance (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Would It Be Rude To Inform My Boyfriend's Family That We're Dating? (8227 Views)

How Can I Inform My Wife That I Need Another Wife / Is It Right For A Girl To Be Rude To Every Guy That Ask Her Out(Photo)? / I Am Getting Married In A Month's Time, Should I Inform My Ex? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Would It Be Rude To Inform My Boyfriend's Family That We're Dating? by BlackGirlLost(f): 6:50pm On Jul 31, 2015
MrsChima:

Well, you did bring your business to Naitaland and asked for thoughts in regards to your matter.

First, you are saying you hope you are not being naive.
Secondly, you are saying that you want him to tell his family about you or should you tell the family that you are his girlfriend.
Thirdly, you are saying he won't tell his family because of YOU and your personal matters.
Fourthly, your personal matters that doesn't affect his family is your business and they do not need to know private matters that doesn't concern them.
Fidth, I you are making excuses for him and he is making excuses for why he won't tell his family since YOU SAID HE LOVES YOU.

Seriously, if you are trying to appear perfect and erase any blemishes from your life so that his family can accept you or do all that you can to get him to introduce you as his main boo...you will regret it for the rest of your life because you will have to CONSTANTLY keep improving yourself to "fit in".

Hey...it is your life! Good luck AGAIN! wink

I guess I can see your point in the perfection part, I just didn't like the way it was coming across.

Perhaps I just won't fit in to his tightly knit family. Native that's what the hesitation is
Re: Would It Be Rude To Inform My Boyfriend's Family That We're Dating? by Gurgle(f): 6:53pm On Jul 31, 2015
OP bae grew up in the US right?
Re: Would It Be Rude To Inform My Boyfriend's Family That We're Dating? by MrsChima(f): 6:53pm On Jul 31, 2015
BlackGirlLost:

I guess I can see your point in the perfection part, I just didn't like the way it was coming across.

Perhaps I just won't fit in to his tightly knit family. Native that's what the hesitation is

I will apologize for my rashness...I am trying to be sweeter. grin. I mean what I say but I do forget that not everyone perceive tones the same.

I hope you are dating other men as well and try keeping your options open if he ends up "tripping".
Re: Would It Be Rude To Inform My Boyfriend's Family That We're Dating? by MrsChima(f): 6:55pm On Jul 31, 2015
Gurgle:
OP bae grew up in the US right?

She has similar thread on the family section.
Re: Would It Be Rude To Inform My Boyfriend's Family That We're Dating? by BlackGirlLost(f): 7:04pm On Jul 31, 2015
MrsChima:

I will apologize for my rashness...I am trying to be sweeter. grin. I mean what I say but I do forget that not everyone perceive tones the same.

I hope you are dating other men as well and try keeping your options open if he ends up "tripping".

I'm aware of the many other fish girl believe me. I just finished the personal matter on Monday the 20th. It just goes to show you nothing is perfect
Re: Would It Be Rude To Inform My Boyfriend's Family That We're Dating? by MrsChima(f): 7:06pm On Jul 31, 2015
BlackGirlLost:

I'm aware of the many other fish girl believe me. I just finished the personal matter on Monday the 20th. It just goes to show you nothing is perfect

Nope it isn't. Fishing is soothing and refreshing. wink
Re: Would It Be Rude To Inform My Boyfriend's Family That We're Dating? by BlackGirlLost(f): 7:13pm On Jul 31, 2015
MrsChima:

Nope it isn't. Fishing is soothing and refreshing. wink

grin grin grin
Re: Would It Be Rude To Inform My Boyfriend's Family That We're Dating? by Nobody: 7:18pm On Jul 31, 2015
MrsChima:

If you believe that he is not telling his family about you because of the sisters? That's some bullsh1t. The fact that he was upset that the cousin know of you is a BIG RED FLAG!!!

who's the hell gets mad cos a relative know that they are dating someone

You continue on being his plaything boo. Have fun while it last. wink
Ur right .. Its not rocket science
Even a kid can work it out .. Beside her desperation is a bit much lol guys can smell it hence y his just using her .. Lol he dont even respect her enough to even introduce as friends which most repectful men do at first n when it progresses den they let their parents know whats really good..

Gurl dont waste ur time lol u see i didnt even bother before
Re: Would It Be Rude To Inform My Boyfriend's Family That We're Dating? by Gurgle(f): 11:45pm On Jul 31, 2015
BlackGirlLost:

I brought up dairy because home girl was asking why would he buy the cow when he gets the milk for free.

I said because he LOVES this dairy and isn't worried about any other dairy queen. #MilkDoesABodyGood

And if we're using Mrs. Chimas analogy for how sex doesn't keep a man, it really doesn't matter if I give it to him now or later then, does it? shocked

I see. All is now clear wink

1 Like

Re: Would It Be Rude To Inform My Boyfriend's Family That We're Dating? by kpolli(m): 12:10am On Aug 01, 2015
BlackGirlLost:
His sister just found out by "accident" from my bf's cousin, that I live with him (which I do not) and that the good Christian boy he is, has been engaging in A LOT of premarital sex.

He was mad at his cousin for telling the sisters about us, because he felt it was his responsibility to talk with his family.

My question is should I contact them or wait for him to do it? It's been four days and he's not made a move yet.

It's his duty to tell them.... Do not rush him, he might leave if you do.... And I think he is waiting to decide if/when he is sure you're the one he wants to marry...

As a christian man, he can't be introducing all his girls he dates to his parents, after a particular number he looks irresponsible

1 Like

Re: Would It Be Rude To Inform My Boyfriend's Family That We're Dating? by iyawomide(f): 5:48am On Aug 02, 2015
BlackGirlLost:

He is VERY Nigerian.

I am trying to learn the ropes here.

I may have overlooked this bit of info in all the posts, but how long have you been dating? Is this still a pretty new relationship? Introductions to immediate family members are pretty serious things, particularly for "very Nigerian" men. It's not done casually from what I've observed.
Re: Would It Be Rude To Inform My Boyfriend's Family That We're Dating? by Nobody: 9:41am On Aug 02, 2015
BlackGirlLost:

I don't understand the question? I feel like someone needs to make an introduction otherwise I'm just some girl who he's dating
well i hope your bf looks older than you cos i don't think any mother in law wants a daughter in law that is older than their son.
Re: Would It Be Rude To Inform My Boyfriend's Family That We're Dating? by Druss(m): 11:22am On Aug 02, 2015
Yes it would be rude and a serious minus mark.
Re: Would It Be Rude To Inform My Boyfriend's Family That We're Dating? by Brugo(m): 11:35am On Aug 02, 2015
Hope you don't nag his life out cos of this. grin He will tell them when the time is right. Besides, it's just dating for now. Not like he proposed and kept it secret.

He's probably just a conservative guy (like me) who prefers to keep his relationship somewhat private.
Re: Would It Be Rude To Inform My Boyfriend's Family That We're Dating? by BlackGirlLost(f): 7:52pm On Aug 02, 2015
iyawomide:

I may have overlooked this bit of info in all the posts, but how long have you been dating? Is this still a pretty new relationship? Introductions to immediate family members are pretty serious things, particularly for "very Nigerian" men. It's not done casually from what I've observed.

August 5th will make it four months

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Guys, Can Love Ever Make You Beg A Lady Like This? (Photo) / Omo!! See Wetin This Girl Carry For Back... / Ask Me Anything About African Americans In The U.S

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.