Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,468 members, 7,816,101 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:48 AM

The Niger Delta Development Commission (NDDC) Oil Spill Management Programme - Jobs/Vacancies (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / The Niger Delta Development Commission (NDDC) Oil Spill Management Programme (114307 Views)

2017 NDDC Foreign Msc And PhD Scholarship / Nddc Oil Spill Mgt Training: Come In Here If You Can't Submit Due To Distance / Massive Recruitment At Niger Delta Development Commission (NDDC) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (27) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Niger Delta Development Commission (NDDC) Oil Spill Management Programme by bchi(f): 7:19pm On Aug 06, 2015
TheCode:

You didn't say where you are presently.

Well, if you are in Aba, go to Osisioma Junction. Then join a bus going to PH and tell them you want to alight at Obehie junction. The fare should not exceed N200.

If you are coming from PH, then join a bus going to Aba and tell them you want to alight at Obehie junction. The fare may be 250 or normal 300.

At Obehie junction, board a bike and tell the bike man to take you to NDDC office, oke ikpe. Ensure that the bike man knows the place well, this is not a 'maybe...we-go-ask-person-nah' kind of trip, believe me. The road is bad and the place is far. The fare is within the range of N200 and N250, and both prices are fair.

Thats it. You go in, submit, write your name on the list and voila! NDDC owes you a notification mail. I just hope the wait won't be forever.

Something else: tell your bike man to wait for you. You may have to tip him for that afterwards but I think you will be glad you did.

There. I hope that was detailed enough.
What abt from umuahia?
Re: The Niger Delta Development Commission (NDDC) Oil Spill Management Programme by mYphhiRes: 7:23pm On Aug 06, 2015
TheCode:

You didn't say where you are presently.

Well, if you are in Aba, go to Osisioma Junction. Then join a bus going to PH and tell them you want to alight at Obehie junction. The fare should not exceed N200.

If you are coming from PH, then join a bus going to Aba and tell them you want to alight at Obehie junction. The fare may be 250 or normal 300.

At Obehie junction, board a bike and tell the bike man to take you to NDDC office, oke ikpe. Ensure that the bike man knows the place well, this is not a 'maybe...we-go-ask-person-nah' kind of trip, believe me. The road is bad and the place is far. The fare is within the range of N200 and N250, and both prices are fair.

Thats it. You go in, submit, write your name on the list and voila! NDDC owes you a notification mail. I just hope the wait won't be forever.

Something else: tell your bike man to wait for you. You may have to tip him for that afterwards but I think you will be glad you did.

There. I hope that was detailed enough.

You wrote ur name on a list?
We didn't write names yesterday o.. The man just collected it and told us that was all.
Re: The Niger Delta Development Commission (NDDC) Oil Spill Management Programme by ITbomb(m): 8:02pm On Aug 06, 2015
mYphhiRes:

We didn't write names yesterday o.. The man just collected it and told us that was all.
You better find where he is living
Re: The Niger Delta Development Commission (NDDC) Oil Spill Management Programme by kayce911(f): 8:04pm On Aug 06, 2015
mYphhiRes:

I submitted yesterday and I wrote my name down too.
Re: The Niger Delta Development Commission (NDDC) Oil Spill Management Programme by mYphhiRes: 8:17pm On Aug 06, 2015
kayce911:
I submitted yesterday and I wrote my name down too.

Ah? cry cry
Biko oooo d man just collected our documents o... Chineke o.. After paying transport fare to d place... Waste of time?
Re: The Niger Delta Development Commission (NDDC) Oil Spill Management Programme by Ifiegboria(m): 8:47pm On Aug 06, 2015
TheCode:

Not A4. Use the middle of a white long note.
Thanks. I shall submit mine on Monday by God's grace
Re: The Niger Delta Development Commission (NDDC) Oil Spill Management Programme by Ifiegboria(m): 8:49pm On Aug 06, 2015
ITbomb:

Anyone would do. Take the one that will fit in your writing into one page comfortably
Thanks
Re: The Niger Delta Development Commission (NDDC) Oil Spill Management Programme by rhemahil(m): 8:59pm On Aug 06, 2015
TheCode:

The ukwa west address bro. I was there today and it seems that's the place for submission finally, probably because their state-capital address took a French leave.
pls bro..... Wich address did u use in d letter? Lemme hav d address sample! Tnx
Re: The Niger Delta Development Commission (NDDC) Oil Spill Management Programme by Nobody: 10:04pm On Aug 06, 2015
governoragweven:

thanks so much man... i appreciate... do we submit in an envelope or just staple and submit like that
Re: The Niger Delta Development Commission (NDDC) Oil Spill Management Programme by TheCode(m): 11:24pm On Aug 06, 2015
bchi:

What abt from umuahia?

Stop at osisioma and continue from there according to my previous post or take a bus going straight to port from umuahia, then stop at obehie junction.
Re: The Niger Delta Development Commission (NDDC) Oil Spill Management Programme by TheCode(m): 11:31pm On Aug 06, 2015
rhemahil:

pls bro..... Wich address did u use in d letter? Lemme hav d address sample! Tnx

The Director
Education, Health and Social Services
Niger Delta Development Commission (NDDC)
(HEADQUARTER OFFICE) PMB 5253
167 Aba Road, Port Harcourt,
Rivers State.

Through:

The State Representative
Niger Delta Development Commission (NDDC)
Abia State Office.

Dear Sir/Madam,

cool
Re: The Niger Delta Development Commission (NDDC) Oil Spill Management Programme by TheCode(m): 11:41pm On Aug 06, 2015
[left][/left]
mYphhiRes:

Ah? cry cry
Biko oooo d man just collected our documents o... Chineke o.. After paying transport fare to d place... Waste of time?

Lolz. I understand how you feel.

Plead with any of the fellas here on NL going tomorrow or Monday to submit, to ask the man if it's really necessary; or you may even give the person your details too so he or she can write your name at once if it is necessary and they allow such proxy setting.

If they insist you must be present, then you will just have to make the trip again.
Re: The Niger Delta Development Commission (NDDC) Oil Spill Management Programme by mYphhiRes: 12:01am On Aug 07, 2015
TheCode:
[left][/left]

Lolz. I understand how you feel.

Plead with any of the fellas here on NL going tomorrow or Monday to submit, to ask the man if it's really necessary; or you may even give the person your details too so he or she can write your name at once if it is necessary and they allow such proxy setting.

If they insist you must be present, then you will just have to make the trip again.
Thanks alot..
Oya kind-hearted NLanders.... Please anyone going there tomorrow to submit at the Ukwa West office should please help me confirm how necessary it is to write down one's name on the list. And if it's very necessary, also help me ask pls what happens to those files that were collected without any list written
cc: bchi
cc: Abiababe
Re: The Niger Delta Development Commission (NDDC) Oil Spill Management Programme by samokoduwa(m): 5:31am On Aug 07, 2015
H
mYphhiRes:

Thanks alot..
Oya kind-hearted NLanders.... Please anyone going there tomorrow to submit at the Ukwa West office should please help me confirm how necessary it is to write down one's name on the list. And if it's very necessary, also help me ask pls what happens to those files that were collected without any list written
cc: bchi
cc: Abiababe

For those that they did not write name down or those that wrote name down is not the yard stick for been shortlisted, the name writing is to help for record purpose for those collecting the application not to be used by management for the shortlisted. Relax your mind. Some nddc state office are writing some are not. Be rest assured it does not put you in front of anyone. Your document you submitted those. The write name down is a standard process in government administration. As far, your application got to the commission office you are sorted. How you make the shortlisted is another ball game. Pls don't ask how I know.

For those asking if full scap or plain A4, a full scap is preferred. It a writing application. Still don't ask how I know.

As for you are able to get your application to any nddc state office before deadline, you are still in game, if you are to get your application in your state of origin, which better cos it easy for a state nddc to verify a LGA than a different state nddc to get communication for such state nddc. In summary all qualify application would be sorted based on state nddc office and sent to headquarters, which is still another ball game, yes you know my comment, don't ask me how I know that too... lol, ok ask??

Answer: that the way it is done o. Let move on, what else, yes pls don't rush to submit cos people are submitted, there is a deadline so follow instructions cos the verification would be based on the required documents you sent. It is not true that only LGA that produces oil wld be consider in a state. As far you are from an nddc state you too can be shortlisted, my northern friend sorry na the way we see am. Even if you resident in an nddc state, if you can get an original state of LGA you are good. It would be hard, but na document verification that pass one to the next for shortlisted with God o. Yes, your know my conclusion,
........... how I know.

So it good we apply, cos this training would be different n would help ur career in the oil n gas if that is your passion.

1 Like

Re: The Niger Delta Development Commission (NDDC) Oil Spill Management Programme by mYphhiRes: 6:52am On Aug 07, 2015
samokoduwa:
H

For those that they did not write name down or those that wrote name down is not the yard stick for been shortlisted, the name writing is to help for record purpose for those collecting the application not to be used by management for the shortlisted. Relax your mind. Some nddc state office are writing some are not. Be rest assured it does not put you in front of anyone. Your document you submitted those. The write name down is a standard process in government administration. As far, your application got to the commission office you are sorted. How you make the shortlisted is another ball game. Pls don't ask how I know.

For those asking if full scap or plain A4, a full scap is preferred. It a writing application. Still don't ask how I know.

As for you are able to get your application to any nddc state office before deadline, you are still in game, if you are to get your application in your state of origin, which better cos it easy for a state nddc to verify a LGA than a different state nddc to get communication for such state nddc. In summary all qualify application would be sorted based on state nddc office and sent to headquarters, which is still another ball game, yes you know my comment, don't ask me how I know that too... lol, ok ask??

Answer: that the way it is done o. Let move on, what else, yes pls don't rush to submit cos people are submitted, there is a deadline so follow instructions cos the verification would be based on the required documents you sent. It is not true that only LGA that produces oil wld be consider in a state. As far you are from an nddc state you too can be shortlisted, my northern friend sorry na the way we see am. Even if you resident in an nddc state, if you can get an original state of LGA you are good. It would be hard, but na document verification that pass one to the next for shortlisted with God o. Yes, your know my conclusion,
........... how I know.

So it good we apply, cos this training would be different n would help ur career in the oil n gas if that is your passion.

Thanks alot for the clarification. Although I used an A4 paper, I'm hoping it's not a total disqualifier, just that the full scap would have been finer... Right?

1 Like

Re: The Niger Delta Development Commission (NDDC) Oil Spill Management Programme by samokoduwa(m): 9:13am On Aug 07, 2015
mYphhiRes:

Thanks alot for the clarification. Although I used an A4 paper, I'm hoping it's not a total disqualifier, just that the full scap would have been finer... Right?

It ok... no disqualified on A4, as far u meet the requirements posted, you are sorted... success on all shortlisted in advance.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Niger Delta Development Commission (NDDC) Oil Spill Management Programme by TheCode(m): 9:35am On Aug 07, 2015
If you are going today, better go on time. as someone implied earlier, Fridays are usually treated as 'half-days' by government workers. Aim for anything within 10am to 1pm (at most).

Just an advice, to be on the safe side.
Re: The Niger Delta Development Commission (NDDC) Oil Spill Management Programme by freaknik: 9:42am On Aug 07, 2015
please should the letter be addressed as;
through
the state director
or
the state representative

cos state rep is different from state director.
also what is the criteria for being short listed? not every one who applied will get short-listed eventually
cc samokoduwa
Re: The Niger Delta Development Commission (NDDC) Oil Spill Management Programme by governoragweven: 9:53am On Aug 07, 2015
hiroz:
thanks so much man... i appreciate... do we submit in an envelope or just staple and submit like that

Haba! how can u jst staple and submit an official document like dat!. U hav to staple all the documents including ur application, results, state of origin, birth cet/declaration of age and make sure u also staple ur passport maybe one or two together at a corner of ur application THEN PUT all inside an A4 Envelope. u are good to go!
Re: The Niger Delta Development Commission (NDDC) Oil Spill Management Programme by Nobody: 10:19am On Aug 07, 2015
Submitted
Re: The Niger Delta Development Commission (NDDC) Oil Spill Management Programme by bchi(f): 10:21am On Aug 07, 2015
I'm on my way to Abia office. Hope will b attended to?
Re: The Niger Delta Development Commission (NDDC) Oil Spill Management Programme by bchi(f): 10:23am On Aug 07, 2015
[quote author=smithsydny post=36698284]Submitted[/quote where? And did it go? Did you put in an envelop?
Re: The Niger Delta Development Commission (NDDC) Oil Spill Management Programme by bchi(f): 10:24am On Aug 07, 2015
smithsydny:
Submitted
where? And did it go? Did you put in an envelop?
Re: The Niger Delta Development Commission (NDDC) Oil Spill Management Programme by TheCode(m): 10:46am On Aug 07, 2015
bchi:

where?
And did it go?
Did you put in an envelop?

The envelop is unnecessary. You will be asked to bring out the documents and no one cares about your well addressed envelop. I and all others went home with ours. I don't know about other states but for Abia State, you may go with the stapled documents in a magazine or something and simply hand it over when you get there. Or you could put it in a envelop just to look 'serious'. It doesn't cost you much, you know.
Re: The Niger Delta Development Commission (NDDC) Oil Spill Management Programme by Nobody: 10:48am On Aug 07, 2015
bchi:

where?
And did it go?
Did you put in an envelop?
am in lag sent it 2ph yestaday nd my dad did d rest. Yes envelop needed. Frm wat i heard nah PDP RUNS DA HAPPN THERE O PLUZ MAN No man. Believe it or not
Re: The Niger Delta Development Commission (NDDC) Oil Spill Management Programme by madri4u: 11:33am On Aug 07, 2015
Lets jst apply n forget..we all knw dat dis nddc or FG tins na connection / who knw man. Merit will b few say 10%, d rest 90% na pple who dey on top...
Re: The Niger Delta Development Commission (NDDC) Oil Spill Management Programme by Ozugbo(m): 11:38am On Aug 07, 2015
Ziondebade:
guys, i think na Warri win am o. At least, we ve heard people submitting successfully there.
my man,I don dey ready 2 enta wafi o.I located d Asaba office dis morning n I was told 2 pay #2500 b4 I go fit submit.As I hear am,me come run o

1 Like

Re: The Niger Delta Development Commission (NDDC) Oil Spill Management Programme by freaknik: 12:07pm On Aug 07, 2015
madri4u:
Lets jst apply n forget..we all knw dat dis nddc or FG tins na connection / who knw man. Merit will b few say 10%, d rest 90% na pple who dey on top...
what is the basis of the merit abeg?
Re: The Niger Delta Development Commission (NDDC) Oil Spill Management Programme by Nobody: 1:06pm On Aug 07, 2015
Is it possible to submit for sm1?..has anybody submitted for sm1?
Re: The Niger Delta Development Commission (NDDC) Oil Spill Management Programme by Nobody: 1:31pm On Aug 07, 2015
mauryn87:
Very possible.
Re: The Niger Delta Development Commission (NDDC) Oil Spill Management Programme by akp202(m): 1:49pm On Aug 07, 2015
just submitted in warri now....as easy as abc
Re: The Niger Delta Development Commission (NDDC) Oil Spill Management Programme by akp202(m): 1:51pm On Aug 07, 2015
mauryn87:
yeah.....i just submitted for 2 of my friends but one at a time

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (27) (Reply)

How Can One Get A Job At Shoprite? / Mtn Customer Care Job At Alexander-crystals Ltd Ibadan Let Meet Here / Sterling Bank (workforce)graduate Trainee Recruitment 2019/2020

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.