Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,666 members, 7,816,725 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:57 PM

Power Supply Is Almost Constant In My Area. Why? What Happened?? - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Power Supply Is Almost Constant In My Area. Why? What Happened?? (47998 Views)

We Now Have 23hrs Eletricity Supply In My Area: Is It The Same In Your Own Zone? / Improved Power Supply Is Not Sustainable, Electricity Employees Explain / REPLY: Power Supply Is Almost Constant In My Area.Why?what Happened?by MizMyColi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Power Supply Is Almost Constant In My Area. Why? What Happened?? by rabbuy(m): 3:41pm On Aug 02, 2015
mployer:
It is normal for power generation to improve during rainy season. The water level in the dam is high resulting in higher power output.

enjoy it while it lasts, the party won't be long grin

Can't you just pretend to be optimistic
Why do u think bad belle will always be allowed
Re: Power Supply Is Almost Constant In My Area. Why? What Happened?? by JusticeSeeker: 3:42pm On Aug 02, 2015
mployer:
It is normal for power generation to improve during rainy season. The water level in the dam is high resulting in higher power output.

throughout GEJ'S tenure, the waters never rose to the level of giving Nigerians this kind of power we've right now.
Sai Baba, even waters fear you, with you at the helm of our affairs, waters have changed course.

4 Likes

Re: Power Supply Is Almost Constant In My Area. Why? What Happened?? by kinglekan: 3:43pm On Aug 02, 2015
taofeektaiwo:
It's been quite a while it rained don't u think?

The major power plants are gas powered. Egbin is the largest gas power plant in Africa and currently accounts for 20% of the power generation in the country.

The major issues we have had with power generation and transmission has been as a result of gas pipeline vandalism. Which is apparently a fraud or a sabotage of the GEJ's administration.

Whichever is the case, no one has substantial facts to prove that it was a sabotage. After inception of the PMB administration, the reports we have is that firm actions were taken to stop the gas pipeline vandalism.

Probably GEJ was his own undoing after all he allowed so much insanity in his government. Although he put so much into the power sector, its quite unfortunate for him that the yields were not felt during his administration.

PMB has "taken out the gas vandalism issues" and what you are experiencing right now is what we should have been experiencing a while back.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Power Supply Is Almost Constant In My Area. Why? What Happened?? by richybanky(m): 3:44pm On Aug 02, 2015
ECOTERRORS:
Maybe in the 97% places that voted PMB because there is a thread about blackout in Nsugbe Anambra state for the past two week
Forget bro, Niger State voted Buhari and am telling u dat power is very very poor here especially Bida.. Reporting frm Bida right now
Re: Power Supply Is Almost Constant In My Area. Why? What Happened?? by Nobody: 3:45pm On Aug 02, 2015
As usual, you spoke the word out from my mouth. At lagos mainland precisely, Ladipo-oshodi axis, power has been constant.

INTROVERT:
let me wait too...

The situation is obviously good around the country now. The dams are full, gas supply is constant and yes... Nobody wants to mess with GMB.

This current situation shouldn't make the government lax. More investments are needed in the power sector especially the TSGP so that more gas fired plants can be built up north.

Let's however wait till dry season for us to really complement.
Re: Power Supply Is Almost Constant In My Area. Why? What Happened?? by princetom1(m): 3:47pm On Aug 02, 2015
[b][/b]I just hope we will keep enjoying it like this, bcoz with electricity many things will change. Oh! Concerning who to praise, one fact u guys should note is that alot of people sabotaging Jonathan government would not even dream of doing same in PMB government, alot of them scared to their spines. I think that's wat a leader attributes is, Mr No nonsense for our kind of society but should have a human face too
Re: Power Supply Is Almost Constant In My Area. Why? What Happened?? by aresa: 3:53pm On Aug 02, 2015
ocelot2006:

Maybe because GEJ:

Built and commissioned FAR MORE power stations than his predecessors COMBINED

Fixed and expanded existing power stations

Ensured adequate gas supply via the GAS REVOLUTION that saw the construction and expansion of the MASSIVE gas delivery system

Upgraded and expanded the transmission grid, building far more substations and stringing new power lines

Responsible for massive distribution of of step down transformers initially held up at ports and PHCN offices

Built new distribution substations across the federation

Unbundled PHCN and sold it off, allowing for private sector participation

Outsourced TCN to major Canadian Utility Firm

GEJ didn't build any power plant and not even 1 transformer. The power plants he commissioned were initiated and built by OBJ and before you come back with more garbage, make sure you have the names of the power plants GEJ built and commissioned.

The transmission lines are still the same transmission lines managed by the same transmission company that didn't deliver under GEJ so what's your point?

Beats me why you funny people are shouting GEJ for everything that didn't work under him for 6 long years while at the same time crediting him for what's working under PMB.

Even comatose and compromised EFCC under GEJ is working overtime under PMB so what happened? GEJ refurbished EFCC too before he left?

Fact is, the days of gross incompetence allowed under GEJ where people steal and don't do their job is gone, people are basically doing their job because there's a new sheriff in town.

You people are not making any sense with your bogus and upside down assertions...

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Power Supply Is Almost Constant In My Area. Why? What Happened?? by princetom1(m): 3:53pm On Aug 02, 2015
All d way From ebute metta, Lagos mainland Lagos. Yes sir, present, light constant, serious change.

1 Like

Re: Power Supply Is Almost Constant In My Area. Why? What Happened?? by LouisVanGaal(m): 3:53pm On Aug 02, 2015
MizMyColi:

WANKERR, did you read the body of this thread at all?

You seem to have issues comprehending the difference between when someone is out to oppose and when someone is simply curious over a phenomena and needs answers.
My dear, i read it very well...the same thing is happening to the refineries...all of a sudden they sprang back to life!!! It behooves to note that some 'persons' at the helm of affairs are trying what's know as the smoke screen effect in order to prevent real probing..
What's happening now in those two sectors is the idiomatic expression of 'when the CAT is AWAY,the MICE would play and vice versa...
The issue is how far can this feat be sustained? 1year or 2 or till 2019 Unless these persons that have turtured/tormented us are out of their jobs, the real change hasnt happened...that's why i'm ALWAYS courteous of anyone who over celebrates or rejoice over these light issue cos ONLY then would the govt believe that the sector is okay...
So madam, nothing has happened yet..the ONLY diff is that power has changed hand and some persons are afraid of losing their jobs that's all...It's our RIGHT to have light and not PRIVILEDGE...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Power Supply Is Almost Constant In My Area. Why? What Happened?? by Genius100: 3:54pm On Aug 02, 2015
Simple reason. The gas pipelines are now being protected by security officials which has drastically reduced vandalization, hence the much needed gas is getting to the generating plants
Re: Power Supply Is Almost Constant In My Area. Why? What Happened?? by millionaireman: 3:55pm On Aug 02, 2015
ELTON123:
God bless GEJ

Let's hope Buhari will not order more power wattage to Katsina or Borno state than Lagos or Rivers state, with the excuse that the area of Katsina or Borno state is larger than Lagos or Rivers state.
That's the type of thing Buhari is up to.
Re: Power Supply Is Almost Constant In My Area. Why? What Happened?? by hollowpot15684(m): 3:56pm On Aug 02, 2015
I live in ajah Abram adesanya, and the light has been constant.

2 Likes

Re: Power Supply Is Almost Constant In My Area. Why? What Happened?? by kinglekan: 3:57pm On Aug 02, 2015
Neplusultra:
1,000 000 likes!!!
grin grin
Re: Power Supply Is Almost Constant In My Area. Why? What Happened?? by aresa: 3:58pm On Aug 02, 2015
millionaireman:

Let's hope Buhari will not order more power wattage to Katsina or Borno state than Lagos or Rivers state, with the excuse that the area of Katsina or Borno state is larger than Lagos or Rivers state.
That's the type of thing Buhari is up to.

You people come up with the most idiotic and senseless rubbish ever..

2 Likes

Re: Power Supply Is Almost Constant In My Area. Why? What Happened?? by sinizia: 3:59pm On Aug 02, 2015
kinglekan:

Exactly!

I have no personal feud whatsoever against PMB and though I have my reservations about him, I can't just seem to wrap my hands around the logic behind praising him for the improvement in power supply.

How exactly has this government affected power generation? I haven't read of any reports claiming that our power generation has increased.

Someone should put up facts we can actually digest and not just come with the same rhetorics 'change has come', as though the mere announcement of that makes a difference.

Don't mind these Idíots that hate anything GEJ and can't give him his honor.

Something wrong happens - Blame GEJ, Buhari should be given more time.

Something good happens - Sai Buhari. Even when Buhari has no input in that sector. They suddenly forget Buhari is in power for around two months. SMH.
Re: Power Supply Is Almost Constant In My Area. Why? What Happened?? by LouisVanGaal(m): 4:00pm On Aug 02, 2015
ECOTERRORS:
The silence of PMB on the Power roadmap might lead to the retrogression in the progress we ve made so far in the power sector.

I owe you a beer for the last paragraph of your comment
ironically, his 'silence' is improving the state of the sector, how much more when he becomes vocal?
One probe @ a time, you cant eat eba and soup together with rice @ the same tim, u wont enjoy it...
For now, security things first and that's what has taken most of his time since inauguration...by the grace of God if BH terrorism is decimated b4 the end of this year, then power or petroleum sector would b the nxt...what doing is what doing well...

1 Like

Re: Power Supply Is Almost Constant In My Area. Why? What Happened?? by lasheez(m): 4:00pm On Aug 02, 2015
The rain is here that's why.Dont forget our dams now are filled up and we generate hydro electric power.
Re: Power Supply Is Almost Constant In My Area. Why? What Happened?? by Drikojigzy(m): 4:01pm On Aug 02, 2015
Asuokaa:
Even mine too...three days on and one day off...which is very nice I must say...unlike b4 we have to fast b4 we have light

http://evilla.com.ng

u must b in benin

1 Like

Re: Power Supply Is Almost Constant In My Area. Why? What Happened?? by PassingShot(m): 4:03pm On Aug 02, 2015
francizy:

This's the main problem I had with GEJ. He set up the structure and then allowed people to sabotage his government. He was too calm to govern Nigeria. GEJ as president of this country was like a sheep leading wolves and foxes.

We all know who controls the Ikeja and Eko power distribution companies and from what happened, they increased tarrif by 3 folds and then supplied power only 20 - 30 hours per month so that one can be frustrated to vote out GEJ. Immediately Buhari got in, they increased power supply and decreased the tarrif from what used to be 15k per month to 5k per month.

This is a big lesson to all Nigerians, especially those from minority tribes, tow the path of OBJ (which is what I think the present administration wants to do) if you want to rule Nigeria for 8 years and probably with an extension, if you can alter the constitution. This means, you don't give your opposition a breathing space, snuff the lives out of them by using security officials to hunt all of them down, shield your own party members/loyalists from the security officials but hunt the ones who go against your wish, only then can you rule Nigeria effectively even if you achieve little or nothing..
Na now your eyes clear?

GEJ was not just fit as a LG chairman talk less of being a president.

Forget all other appeal to pity/emotions you put up there. He was simply not cut out for leadership hence there was very strong opposition against his choice as VP by Niger Delta then.
A sheep leading wolves that you wanted us to have continue for another eight years.
Re: Power Supply Is Almost Constant In My Area. Why? What Happened?? by Kingspin(m): 4:06pm On Aug 02, 2015
INTROVERT:
let me wait too...

The situation is obviously good around the country now. The dams are full, gas supply is constant and yes... Nobody wants to mess with GMB.

This current situation shouldn't make the government lax. More investments are needed in the power sector especially the TSGP so that more gas fired plants can be built up north.

I thought they said two months is too early to access this government?
Re: Power Supply Is Almost Constant In My Area. Why? What Happened?? by mikigen(m): 4:06pm On Aug 02, 2015
Jetjacky:
nothing like that here oh. From almost 24hrs a day full light to almost 2days with no light here in umuahia! cry
exactly same thing here in delta central....I run my generating set almost 3 different times a day! We hadly see 1hr of power in 2days! Any one in delta central can confirm this.

1 Like

Re: Power Supply Is Almost Constant In My Area. Why? What Happened?? by kinglekan: 4:17pm On Aug 02, 2015
sinizia:

Don't mind these Idíots that hate anything GEJ and can't give him his honor.

Something wrong happens - Blame GEJ, Buhari should be given more time.

Something good happens - Sai Buhari. Even when Buhari has no input in that sector. They suddenly forget Buhari is in power for around two months. SMH.

Very soon "Buhari should be given more time" wouldn't be a valid excuse.

Even Buhari gives credit to GEJ's policies and yet his followers are too blind to see this. Most sectors have experienced a continuation in GEJ's policies.

Its evident there were lots of forces working against GEJ and they did well to sabotage his government. But let's watch and see how they run the affairs of this country for the next four years.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Power Supply Is Almost Constant In My Area. Why? What Happened?? by RAO1(m): 4:17pm On Aug 02, 2015
mployer:

what part of the country do u stay? I'm in Oyo state and we have been complaining that rain has not been falling as it supposed to av started...Where is the dam ? North or south?... When southwest is complaining of rain not falling, wot do u think d north could b experiencing?.....
Olomi area ti n ni ina ijoba, a dupe o
change has come.... ghost Self dey fear PMB

1 Like

Re: Power Supply Is Almost Constant In My Area. Why? What Happened?? by francizy(m): 4:18pm On Aug 02, 2015
PassingShot:

Na now your eyes clear?

GEJ was not just fit as a LG chairman talk less of being a president.

Forget all other appeal to pity/emotions you put up there. He was simply not cut out for leadership hence there was very strong opposition against his choice as VP by Niger Delta then.
A sheep leading wolves that you wanted us to have continue for another eight years.

I love saying the truth no matter what. GEJ wasn't cut out for the seat as Nigerian president but nothing takes away the fact that I prefer him over hundreds of Buhari.
Re: Power Supply Is Almost Constant In My Area. Why? What Happened?? by rebirthiix: 4:24pm On Aug 02, 2015
Same here... D supply has drastically improved over the weeks..
Re: Power Supply Is Almost Constant In My Area. Why? What Happened?? by philips70(m): 4:26pm On Aug 02, 2015
jmaine:

So educate us on what PMB did to make power steady, any policy drive, funding e.t.c . . . . .

Thanks for your time as you inform us on what has changed . . . .

Buhari said it himself he has not done anything to claim credit at the moment. I will also appreciate you guys give him credit for that humility and truthfulness. Instead what I saw here on that topic were more hate and insults.
Having said that, it's not rocket science most of these establishments are just doing the right thing they have always sabotaged Nigerians for just so any probe will not be directed at their side.
Something you guys must know is GEJ himself might not be a very corrupt man but his lackadaisical attitude towards corruption gave a lot of impetus to the forces holding Nigeria down. Once he started all those stealing is not corruption stories plus many others on national TV, and influenced the process that granted pardon to Alams he already set the pace for the evil men in the society.
What I expect any sensible Nigerian to pray is let the president's strength not fail him giving the many hawks that exist in his political party plus the murky waters of Nigerian political atmosphere.
We have suffered too much in the hands of our so called leaders.

1 Like

Re: Power Supply Is Almost Constant In My Area. Why? What Happened?? by evavista: 4:32pm On Aug 02, 2015
Same in my area, for the first time in history 48hrs uninterrupted power supply[code][/code]

1 Like

Re: Power Supply Is Almost Constant In My Area. Why? What Happened?? by Sacramento4real(m): 4:33pm On Aug 02, 2015
INTROVERT:
let me wait too...

Question:

Last 3 years that there was heavy rain fall,resulting in flood along the coastal towns and villages and also upsurge in our rivers and lakes,was there a near-constant power supply as the OP is talking about now?
Urgent answer,please.

2 Likes

Re: Power Supply Is Almost Constant In My Area. Why? What Happened?? by debedebe(m): 4:33pm On Aug 02, 2015
Here in Agbara,Ogun state... light is constant... every weekend i warm my generator for atmost 5mins...

Change is here!

2 Likes

Re: Power Supply Is Almost Constant In My Area. Why? What Happened?? by sanko05(m): 4:33pm On Aug 02, 2015
ELTON123:
God bless GEJ
bron,if u can commend Gej in this matter that he not included,I think u should always remember some of nigeris past president too, tribalism!!
Re: Power Supply Is Almost Constant In My Area. Why? What Happened?? by jmaine: 4:33pm On Aug 02, 2015
philips70:

Buhari said it himself he has not done anything to claim credit at the moment. I will also appreciate you guys give him credit for that humility and truthfulness. Instead what I saw here on that topic were more hate and insults.
Having said that, it's not rocket science most of these establishments are just doing the right thing they have always sabotaged Nigerians for just so any probe will not be directed at their side.
Something you guys must know is GEJ himself might not be a very corrupt man but his lackadaisical attitude towards corruption gave a lot of impetus to the forces holding Nigeria down. Once he started all those stealing is not corruption stories plus many others on national TV, and influenced the process that granted pardon to Alams he already set the pace for the evil men in the society.
What I expect any sensible Nigerian to pray is let the president's strength not fail him giving the many hawks that exist in his political party plus the murky waters of Nigerian political atmosphere.
We have suffered too much in the hands of our so called leaders.

Thanks for your post. I did appreciate if you extend your crusade to your friends who love attributing every single deed to Buhari. There are loads of threads referencing improved power supply during GEJ era, that alone nullifies most points you raised here.

Thanks . . . .

3 Likes

Re: Power Supply Is Almost Constant In My Area. Why? What Happened?? by Sagamite(m): 4:35pm On Aug 02, 2015
erico2k2:

Govt with TINUBU at the helm of things and you said they are fighting corruption?? Seriously?

You are too dumb to even read what was written.

All you wanted to vomit and was focused on was the "sense" you produced from your arsse.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (15) (Reply)

Sanusi Lamido 2023 Campaign Vehicle By Northern Youth Group / Rivers Ex-Commissioner For Justice Wore Tinubu Shirt To Visit Senator Abe / Photos Of Osinbajo's Convoy As He Visits Adamawa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.