Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,546 members, 7,816,327 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:37 AM

Power Supply Is Almost Constant In My Area. Why? What Happened?? - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Power Supply Is Almost Constant In My Area. Why? What Happened?? (47981 Views)

We Now Have 23hrs Eletricity Supply In My Area: Is It The Same In Your Own Zone? / Improved Power Supply Is Not Sustainable, Electricity Employees Explain / REPLY: Power Supply Is Almost Constant In My Area.Why?what Happened?by MizMyColi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Power Supply Is Almost Constant In My Area. Why? What Happened?? by socialmediaman: 1:57pm On Aug 02, 2015
MizMyColi:
I don't know if a topic such as this has been discussed on here, but I'm piqued as to the reason I, and many others (I'm sure) now have almost constant power supply. Did NEPA (sic) forget where they usually switch off the light? (Pun intended).

I would like to glean from the insights of those who have first hand knowledge on what went wrong earlier, and what is going rightly this time.

Your views are welcome.

My suspicion based on occurrences is that the frequent "gas pipeline vandalism" which crippled gas supplies to the generation companies was a fraud, immediately the government of GEJ handed over, all the fraud stopped and gas supply became regular.

Please note that Nigeria has a generation capacity of almost 5,000MW (as at December 2014) but due to gas shortages frequently blamed on "vandalism", it has been impossible to generate and transmit our full capacity.

Immediately a new Sheriff unconnected with the web of fraud took over, "vandalism" suddenly stopped and our gas supplies resumed. Currently, we are generating at about 4,600+ MW, almost 100% of our full generation capacity.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Power Supply Is Almost Constant In My Area. Why? What Happened?? by mployer(m): 1:57pm On Aug 02, 2015
MizMyColi:

Please don't laugh at my seeming ignorance in this regard, but I have a question...

Do they need water and gas to transmit the light?
I thought it's either of the two?

You don't need water nor gas to transmit power. You need cable conductors.

However, power generation in this country is done by gas at some power stations and water at other power stations.

e.g Afam power station in rivers state uses gas. Kainji dam uses water.

Our problem is power generation not transmission. Generation improves when water level in the dam rises or when there is improved gas supply.

Hope this helps

3 Likes

Re: Power Supply Is Almost Constant In My Area. Why? What Happened?? by freedom96: 1:58pm On Aug 02, 2015
MizMyColi:

I understand that people are still having issues with PT.

But in my area, things are better.
So, hopefully, it'll circulate properly, and soon too.

We want a Nigeria that works.
You want a Nigeria that works and u still voted for gej even after showing u guys for good six years dat he cnt perform? undecided

Thank God we outnumbered you.

Go and sin no more

Enjoy change even though u worked tirelessly against it.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Power Supply Is Almost Constant In My Area. Why? What Happened?? by more4rm9ja: 1:59pm On Aug 02, 2015
MizMyColi:
I don't know if a topic such as this has been discussed on here, but I'm piqued as to the reason I, and many others (I'm sure) now have almost constant power supply. Did NEPA (sic) forget where they usually switch off the light? (Pun intended).

I would like to glean from the insights of those who have first hand knowledge on what went wrong earlier, and what is going rightly this time.

Your views are welcome.
It the era of change grin, that's all. We get close to 18hours in a day over here.

1 Like

Re: Power Supply Is Almost Constant In My Area. Why? What Happened?? by IsraeliAIRFORCE: 1:59pm On Aug 02, 2015
fulanimafia:
The increase in generation as a result of recent improvements in gas supplies at Egbin Power plant is responsible for the huge improvement witnessed in Lagos State and its environs. The power plant a few months ago, was generating below 500 megawatts (Mw) but currently it generates over 1050Mw.

http://thenationonlineng.net/manufacturers-others-laud-buhari-on-improved-power-supply/
http://www.punchng.com/business/business-economy/egbin-power-plant-now-generates-1000mw/

The reason for the improved supply in recent months is quite obvious for those who truly seek answers.

It is a lie, we already achieve 4800MW compared to 4700MW we have this week.

To know more read these excerpts.

Last Thursday, the Permanent Secretary in the Ministry of Power, Ambassador Godknows Igali, was reported to have said that power generation nationwide had dropped from 4,800MW to 1,327MW, leading to the massive load shedding across the country.

The AEDC has been sending sms to its customers to apologise for the colossal drop in supply.

The source added: “ You may also have received my company’s apology via a Bulk SMS we sent out to GSM subscribers in FCT, Kogi, Nasarawa and Niger states, in which we explained the cause of the huge drop in supply to our customers, in view of the heavy drop in allocation to AEDC from the national grid, from about 450MW daily to less than 200MW in recent times.

“In fact, our allocation for Friday, May 22, 2015 was 145MW, while both Saturday and Sunday, May 23 and 24, 2015, was 115.6MW. And the situation has been worsened by the system collapse at Shiroro this evening, which brought our supply down to 15MW.”

Also yesterday, the Nigerian Electricity Regulatory Commission (NERC) said 18 of the 23 power plants in the country are unable to produce electricity due to shortage of gas supply for the thermal plants.

NERC chairman Dr. Sam Amadi said : “At present, 18 of the 23 power plants in the country are unable to generate electricity due to shortage of gas supply to the thermal plants with one of the hydro stations faced with water management issue. This has led to loss of over 2,000 megawatts in the national grid.”

According to him, in the last couple of months, electricity supply has been generally poor on account of increase in vandalism in the run-up to the April 2015 elections.

But this bad supply condition, he said,  has worsened in the last few days.
Re: Power Supply Is Almost Constant In My Area. Why? What Happened?? by BarrElChapo(m): 1:59pm On Aug 02, 2015
U dey fear to talk ur area... Make Nepa for no remember una switch am off ?? grin
Re: Power Supply Is Almost Constant In My Area. Why? What Happened?? by strongerthaneva(m): 1:59pm On Aug 02, 2015
ELTON123:
God bless GEJ
Mr Elton gay what is the blessing of GEJ got to do here?Hypocrite fellow..Am sure u must be a dwarf..

2 Likes

Re: Power Supply Is Almost Constant In My Area. Why? What Happened?? by Nobody: 2:00pm On Aug 02, 2015
MizMyColi:

Your views are welcome.
I THINK YOU ARE FROM THE NORTHERN PART OF NIGERIA.

THE NORTH SIDE OF NIGERIA ALWAYS DO HAVE CONSTANT POWER SUPPLY ( WHAT I MEAN BY CONSTANT IS ABOUT 15-16HRS OF UNINTERRUPTED POWER SUPPLY)
Re: Power Supply Is Almost Constant In My Area. Why? What Happened?? by alvincy(m): 2:00pm On Aug 02, 2015
Its not about gmb we have constant power supply since january so its nt about gmb. I live in trans amadi in ph ask any body, thats the truth
Re: Power Supply Is Almost Constant In My Area. Why? What Happened?? by Bdemmy(m): 2:01pm On Aug 02, 2015
INTROVERT:
let me wait too...

The situation is obviously good around the country now. The dams are full, gas supply is constant and yes... Nobody wants to mess with GMB.

This current situation shouldn't make the government lax. More investments are needed in the power sector especially the TSGP so that more gas fired plants can be built up north.

Let's however wait till dry season for us to really complement.

...but this is not the first time we are having full dam and stuff.
The fear of PMB is the beginning of accountability.

God bless my president.

2 Likes

Re: Power Supply Is Almost Constant In My Area. Why? What Happened?? by ddippset(m): 2:01pm On Aug 02, 2015
kinglekan:

Exactly!
I have no personal feud whatsoever against PMB and though I have my reservations about him, I can't just seem to wrap my hands around the logic behind praising him for the improvement in power supply.
How exactly has this government affected power generation? I haven't read of any reports claiming that our power generation has increased.
Someone should put up facts we can actually digest and not just come with the same rhetorics 'change has come', as though the mere announcement of that makes a difference.

sometimes facts don't come in the physical. It's simple! The analogy is clear. You have 2 kings. The first one overseas a large harvest of crops and stores them in hundreds of barns while his people starve. The second king takes over and releases y the food crops and the people eat to their fill. Which of them takes the glory? Which deserves the glory? It's clear there was a deliberate sabotage in the power sector which lingered because we had a president who was know to be weak and to condone corruption and impunity. PMB came in and the saboteurs took off, knowing the era of impunity was over. Give it up, humble yourself and give the new administration the credit. You love to give gej the credit for power but shy away from giving him the stick for the devaluation of the naira when it all began to devalue in GEJ's regime! Hypocrites and wailers everywhere I look.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Power Supply Is Almost Constant In My Area. Why? What Happened?? by Caracta(f): 2:01pm On Aug 02, 2015
Power supply has been constant in my area too. It's so good that we even don't leave the refrigerator on all the time.

I suspect rainy season.
Re: Power Supply Is Almost Constant In My Area. Why? What Happened?? by Nobody: 2:01pm On Aug 02, 2015
mployer:
It is normal for power generation to improve during rainy season. The water level in the dam is high resulting in higher power output.

enjoy it while it lasts, the party won't be long grin
bros abeg was there no rain during GEJ's tenure ni grin

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Power Supply Is Almost Constant In My Area. Why? What Happened?? by tete7000(m): 2:01pm On Aug 02, 2015
I believe that investments made in power sector by past administrations are gradually yielding result and of course probably with no nonsense posture of current govt things are gradually falling in place. Let's keep praying however, it is too early to rejoice.

3 Likes

Re: Power Supply Is Almost Constant In My Area. Why? What Happened?? by lovelyadeola(m): 2:02pm On Aug 02, 2015
Maybe Ch....
Checkout my signature.
Re: Power Supply Is Almost Constant In My Area. Why? What Happened?? by Section8(m): 2:02pm On Aug 02, 2015
Light no dey una complain, wen light cme dey again una still dey complain Chai!!!
Re: Power Supply Is Almost Constant In My Area. Why? What Happened?? by Nobody: 2:02pm On Aug 02, 2015
Caracta:
Power supply has been constant in my area too. It's so good that we even don't leave the refrigerator on all the time.

I suspect rainy season.
was there no rain during GEJ's tenure ma

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Power Supply Is Almost Constant In My Area. Why? What Happened?? by BabaO2: 2:03pm On Aug 02, 2015
daft is out of goverment
Re: Power Supply Is Almost Constant In My Area. Why? What Happened?? by mployer(m): 2:03pm On Aug 02, 2015
adeekiti:
bros abeg was there no rain during GEJ's tenure ni grin

There was light in the rainy seasons of GEJ tenure smiley

2 Likes

Re: Power Supply Is Almost Constant In My Area. Why? What Happened?? by nunzk: 2:03pm On Aug 02, 2015
Una too like talk. Dnt worry, just put down d area u live so the switch men can turn off d power n brk d switch
Re: Power Supply Is Almost Constant In My Area. Why? What Happened?? by fairheven: 2:03pm On Aug 02, 2015
MizMyColi:

Your views are welcome.

Nothing much changed ,just the "fear of Buhari" is the beginning of know-how
NEPA officials cud supply us no light ,at higher billings an still get away it under Jonathan,but now they know the Big brother is watching

3 Likes

Re: Power Supply Is Almost Constant In My Area. Why? What Happened?? by mindfreaks(m): 2:04pm On Aug 02, 2015
How cool, this guy that is always advertising his TLC is trying to avoid aome potential vistors through bias comments, what a nice business killiing move.
Demmocrats:
Its Jonathan not my sai buhari
Re: Power Supply Is Almost Constant In My Area. Why? What Happened?? by Nobody: 2:04pm On Aug 02, 2015
strongerthaneva:
Mr Elton gay what is the blessing of GEJ got to do here?Hypocrite fellow..Am sure u must be a dwarf..
shoo shocked dwarf gini? grin

1 Like

Re: Power Supply Is Almost Constant In My Area. Why? What Happened?? by sunnyb0b0(m): 2:04pm On Aug 02, 2015
MizMyColi:

Your views are welcome.

Amaechi boys have stopped vandalising gas pipelines.
Re: Power Supply Is Almost Constant In My Area. Why? What Happened?? by persius555(m): 2:04pm On Aug 02, 2015
ECOTERRORS:
the rainy season is a strong factor, I'm not suprised with this develeopment but I will advise PMB to invest more if he wants this transformation to be sustained
You make it sound like the country is buhari's and you are here on holiday( no offence). Nigeria is every nigerians responsibility. Nigerians are responsible for our long suffering economy, no other person will turn the situation around except we nigerians. Nigeria is our responsibility.

3 Likes

Re: Power Supply Is Almost Constant In My Area. Why? What Happened?? by olaolulazio(m): 2:04pm On Aug 02, 2015
The fear of Buhari is the beginning of power.

3 Likes

Re: Power Supply Is Almost Constant In My Area. Why? What Happened?? by dahaz(m): 2:04pm On Aug 02, 2015
MizMyColi:

Please don't laugh at my seeming ignorance in this regard, but I have a question...

Do they need water and gas to transmit the light?
I thought it's either of the two?
In nigeria, we generate electricity through our dams which require water and through power generation stations which require gas. They are suppose to compliment and work hand in hand
Re: Power Supply Is Almost Constant In My Area. Why? What Happened?? by dynamitee: 2:05pm On Aug 02, 2015
how come the power supply improved only AFTER GEJ left asorock? All this transformation na for mouth and television. We no dey see am.
ECOTERRORS:
celebrate GEJ and his transformation in that sector

3 Likes

Re: Power Supply Is Almost Constant In My Area. Why? What Happened?? by tintingz(m): 2:05pm On Aug 02, 2015
Same here in my area too OP.

Electricity is almost stable in area.

We are now having enough gas to supply energy.

The fear of Buhari ehn.. He has threaten the power sector. grin

Before the end of this year we will be having stable electricity everywhere in Nigeria.
smiley

6 Likes

Re: Power Supply Is Almost Constant In My Area. Why? What Happened?? by sweatlana: 2:05pm On Aug 02, 2015
Thanks to GEJ.
Re: Power Supply Is Almost Constant In My Area. Why? What Happened?? by totorimi: 2:05pm On Aug 02, 2015
MizMyColi:

Your views are welcome.

two things readily come to my mind its either the last administration was heavily sabotaged or they are grossly ineffective. Why, because this new govt haven't added or removed anything yet power is above average. we demand the real reasons to be able to know exactly what is happening in our dear country.

3 Likes

Re: Power Supply Is Almost Constant In My Area. Why? What Happened?? by Nobody: 2:06pm On Aug 02, 2015
mployer:

There was light in the rainy seasons of GEJ tenure smiley
so u don't need to say things abt GMB's tenure if that was true, let's embrace every development in Nigeria be it anybody

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

Governor Yahaya Bello New Look (Photos) / Buhari And Wife In US With 108-Man Delegation Despite Recession / Abba Moro's Sitting Position At Ortom's Inauguration That Got People Talking (pi

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.