Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,508 members, 7,816,230 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:03 AM

Power Supply Is Almost Constant In My Area. Why? What Happened?? - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Power Supply Is Almost Constant In My Area. Why? What Happened?? (47978 Views)

We Now Have 23hrs Eletricity Supply In My Area: Is It The Same In Your Own Zone? / Improved Power Supply Is Not Sustainable, Electricity Employees Explain / REPLY: Power Supply Is Almost Constant In My Area.Why?what Happened?by MizMyColi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Power Supply Is Almost Constant In My Area. Why? What Happened?? by jmaine: 2:36pm On Aug 02, 2015
InvertedHammer:
/
Everything was in order under GEJ.

But his minions made sure those things didn't work to create avenues for allocations which they subsequently.embezzled.

The ones caught with their hands in the cookie jar were not punished. So the others noted that the leader is a clueless and alcoholic imbe.cile, and from thence, it became a marathon race to see who loots the most.

What is happening to.Nigeria and.their psychology is akin to buying fuel during fuel scarcity. In one station, everyone is fighting for queue. In another station, everyone is queuing up in orderly manner. Why? Because there are soldiers with Koboko watching them.

Nigerian laws need to be enforced.
/

Offcourse . . . . . Nigeria was already a developed country but GEJ somehow hid those realities somewhere until PMB came along to magically made them visible . . .

Comedic APC fools on display . . . . .

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Power Supply Is Almost Constant In My Area. Why? What Happened?? by jrerico1(m): 2:38pm On Aug 02, 2015
MizMyColi:
I don't know if a topic such as this has been discussed on here, but I'm piqued as to the reason I, and many others (I'm sure) now have almost constant power supply. Did NEPA (sic) forget where they usually switch off the light? (Pun intended).

I would like to glean from the insights of those who have first hand knowledge on what went wrong earlier, and what is going rightly this time.

Your views are welcome.
please which area is that?? Because here in warri it's 2days off 1day on, and you might not see light on the day on
Re: Power Supply Is Almost Constant In My Area. Why? What Happened?? by InvertedHammer: 2:39pm On Aug 02, 2015
jmaine:

Offcourse . . . . . Nigeria is already a developed country but GEJ somehow hid those realities somewhere until PMB came along to magically made them visible . . .

Comedic APC fools on display . . . . .
/
My attention-getter worked on you.

You are an amateur. You see...

\
Re: Power Supply Is Almost Constant In My Area. Why? What Happened?? by kenchylala: 2:39pm On Aug 02, 2015
holatin:
Thank God one PDP mouthpiece is not only experiencing d change but talking about it.

PMB I believe

GEJ you mean.

1 Like

Re: Power Supply Is Almost Constant In My Area. Why? What Happened?? by dynamitee: 2:39pm On Aug 02, 2015
quit being insultive and dig your head out of the sand. I don't know what he did, and you don't know what GEJ did either. All these fancy words u are throwing around "gas pipelines", "IPP plant", you see where dem build am? Did u sight when they were building it? No be for television and news and pictures una dey see am? Whether na for yankee dem take the pic, u no know. Be shouting IPP plant there. Upon all the findings and policies and gas pipelinez they said they were building for 6 years, we did not see any improvement until the guy left.

I know you GEJ loyalists will nvr accept that the guy can do any wrong. But the facts are clear. Light is great now. It was terrible during GEJ''s tenure, and his tenure lasted 6 years. If you like, go and hug transformer.
jmaine:

Please quit the blabbing and tell us what part of GEJ power policy drive was transformed by Buhari into improved power supply . . .

Did he build new gas pipelines, new IPP plant e.t.c . . . . .

5 Likes

Re: Power Supply Is Almost Constant In My Area. Why? What Happened?? by Abduletudaye(m): 2:39pm On Aug 02, 2015
My people, the light in my area(Ketu, Lagos) has improved significantly. The light was indeed very bad before with the IKEDC coming to cut wires anyhow but now, i feel like someone has turn on a switch which was off initially.

When Jonathan was there, this light worsened but when PMB entered, it took just one month before the light became better.

Someone mentioned that Jonathan should be given credit for putting all the mecanisms in place...and @Barcanista, am referring to you.

Why should i give Ex-PGEJ thumbs up for putting mechanisms in place and not doing a follow up?

And please dont tell me he didnt have 'enough' time to do so.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Power Supply Is Almost Constant In My Area. Why? What Happened?? by najoke: 2:39pm On Aug 02, 2015
ECOTERRORS:
Egbin is still not functioning to its optimum capacity because of gas shortages and you can't dispute the upgrade being the efforts of our amiable darling GEJ.

http://twitter.com/home?status=Egbin%20power%20plant%20now%20generates%201%2C000MW%20http%3A%2F%2Fwww.punchng.com%2Fbusiness%2Fbusiness-economy%2Fegbin-power-plant-now-generates-1000mw%2F%20@MobilePunch

Hypocrisy is when you hail GEJ for the current power situation and blame PMB for $1=N243.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Power Supply Is Almost Constant In My Area. Why? What Happened?? by ApcSucks: 2:40pm On Aug 02, 2015
Beremx:
the rains are long over in the southwest. Still yet there's improvement of electricity supply.

Oga Buhari,thank you oooo!!! cheesy

Thanking him for what? Are you a daft?
Re: Power Supply Is Almost Constant In My Area. Why? What Happened?? by franudi: 2:40pm On Aug 02, 2015
PMB has not laid a foundation stone of even a one mega watt of electricity generating plant since he took over power.So kudos to GEJ on this.

1 Like

Re: Power Supply Is Almost Constant In My Area. Why? What Happened?? by DAVEZONIGLTD: 2:40pm On Aug 02, 2015
People still argue about light grin as for me, I sold my gen set since 2011 @ least 20hrs light sure per day.

Woji PHC.
Re: Power Supply Is Almost Constant In My Area. Why? What Happened?? by jmaine: 2:41pm On Aug 02, 2015
InvertedHammer:

/
My attention getter worked on you.

You are a learner. You see...

\

Your bizarre stupidity got my attention. That is not something to be proud of bruv . . . . .

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Power Supply Is Almost Constant In My Area. Why? What Happened?? by hilsocial(m): 2:42pm On Aug 02, 2015
23 hours steady power supply in Enugu. Change is here. For the past one month i don't know the location of a petrol station. Like i told my university friend bk den, i rather walk on a high way than stay on the boot of a car. Fix it.
One love

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Power Supply Is Almost Constant In My Area. Why? What Happened?? by asha80(m): 2:43pm On Aug 02, 2015
How is light in aba?
Re: Power Supply Is Almost Constant In My Area. Why? What Happened?? by jmaine: 2:44pm On Aug 02, 2015
dynamitee:
quit being insultive and dig your head out of the sand. I don't know what he did, and you don't know what GEJ did either. All these fancy words u are throwing around "gas pipelines", "IPP plant", you see where dem build am? Did u sight when they were building it? No be for television and news and pictures una dey see am? Whether na for yankee dem take the pic, u no know. Be shouting IPP plant there. Upon all the findings and policies and gas pipelinez they said they were building for 6 years, we did not see any improvement until the guy left.

I know you GEJ loyalists will nvr accept that the guy can do any wrong. But the facts are clear. Light is great now. It was terrible during GEJ''s tenure, and his tenure lasted 6 years. If you like, go and hug transformer.

It disgust me when intellectual imbec!les in your kind seek to distract me from more stimulating discourse on the board . . . . .Where do they import deplorable APC hacks from you from . . . . . .Damn !!! embarassed

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Power Supply Is Almost Constant In My Area. Why? What Happened?? by crispberry(f): 2:45pm On Aug 02, 2015
GMB is working

Nigerians are smiling smiley smiley
Re: Power Supply Is Almost Constant In My Area. Why? What Happened?? by stone07(m): 2:47pm On Aug 02, 2015
Light constant in my area too. Strangest thing ever.
Re: Power Supply Is Almost Constant In My Area. Why? What Happened?? by dynamitee: 2:48pm On Aug 02, 2015
Propaganda gabbage? I don't abuse ppl on naira land until they abuse me first, so please... do not insult me.
I have been in the southwest for 3 years, before that I stayed in abj. This 24hours power supply u are talking about in the northeast, I never saw it in abj, or the west. I won't argue your northeast theory with you because I did not stay there. But if it's only the northeast that could boast of power, then something is wrong don't u think?

As for what they feed me, unlike most of the blind loyalists on this thread, I actually question everything that comes out of the mouth of every politician. I don't believe GEJ made huge efforts to stabilise power just because some talking heads were throwing fancy words around that I didn't even understand.

I believe what I can see. If PMB came up now and said he is doing something to improve power, I would believe him, because I can see the effects, Not just talk propaganda gabbage, like u said.
ocelot2006:

I do not recall GEJ saying we had constant power supply, but him saying that power supply haf improved and it would've been a thing of the past. And he was RIGHT. Power had indeed improved across the country. In the restive North East were I worked, the states enjoyed almost 24hrs of power supply.

But the hatred for GEJ never allowed people like you to see the progress made, just the propaganda garbage you were fed daily.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Power Supply Is Almost Constant In My Area. Why? What Happened?? by kesprime(m): 2:49pm On Aug 02, 2015
Same in my area too oh
Re: Power Supply Is Almost Constant In My Area. Why? What Happened?? by hilsocial(m): 2:50pm On Aug 02, 2015
The difference between this government and the past governments is that this government will not tolerate excuses and sabotage. This is why things are changing on its own, not because of new ways of doing things but because of change in atittude. I followed PMB campaign and he kept on saying if he addresses corruption, the system will work on its own. PMB image and body language alone is changing things but it is not enough, he shd also refix the system to prevent corruption just like GEJ preached.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Power Supply Is Almost Constant In My Area. Why? What Happened?? by wiseoneking: 2:51pm On Aug 02, 2015
MizMyColi:
I don't know if a topic such as this has been discussed on here, but I'm piqued as to the reason I, and many others (I'm sure) now have almost constant power supply. Did NEPA (sic) forget where they usually switch off the light? (Pun intended).

I would like to glean from the insights of those who have first hand knowledge on what went wrong earlier, and what is going rightly this time.

Your views are welcome.
Where are you living, your location and city? I wanna comfirm
Re: Power Supply Is Almost Constant In My Area. Why? What Happened?? by Osyxcel(m): 2:51pm On Aug 02, 2015
MizMyColi:

Please don't laugh at my seeming ignorance in this regard, but I have a question...

Do they need water and gas to transmit the light?
I thought it's either of the two?

In power generation, there are equipment called Turbines. Turbines can be driven by water, gas or wind. It's the turbines that generate power.

In Nigeria, we use water and gas turbines. The hydro dam needs a high water level to function well, that's we experience drop in power generation when there is shortage of rainfall. The Gas power seems to be more reliable.

The last administration built a lot of Gas Turbine power plants. But because of the vandalism of gas pipelines, we were not able to generate enough power from the gas turbines. The vandalism has stopped since the present administration came in which makes one to suspect that part of the issues we had in the past were political.

To generate power is one thing, to transmit the power to end users is another thing. We suffered a lot from poor power transmission in the past, and a few efforts were made by the past administration which are paying off now.

The last administration suffered from sabotage, and it's a shame it couldn't do something about that.

4 Likes

Re: Power Supply Is Almost Constant In My Area. Why? What Happened?? by Nobody: 2:54pm On Aug 02, 2015
Abduletudaye:
My people, the light in my area(Ketu, Lagos) has improved significantly. The light was indeed very bad before with the IKEDC coming to cut wires anyhow but now, i feel like someone has turn on a switch which was off initially.

When Jonathan was there, this light worsened but when PMB entered, it took just one month before the light became better.

Someone mentioned that Jonathan should be given credit for putting all the mecanisms in place...and @Barcanista, am referring to you.

Why should i give Ex-PGEJ thumbs up for putting mechanisms in place and not doing a follow up?

And please dont tell me he didnt have 'enough' time to do so.
Bwahaha... How can he do that when he's not in power? grin grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy. I d i o t!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Power Supply Is Almost Constant In My Area. Why? What Happened?? by blakky97(m): 2:55pm On Aug 02, 2015
bad news for me ohhhhhh!!! yay! buhari must go!
abeg who go shaperly buy my inverters and solar panels?
see watin dis baba wan do my business?
Re: Power Supply Is Almost Constant In My Area. Why? What Happened?? by Yksoul(m): 2:57pm On Aug 02, 2015
THE NIGERIA ELECTRICITY TRANSMISSION ARE AFRAID OF BEING PROBE BECAUSE THEY KNOW THAT THE NEW PRESIDO 'PMB' IS NO NONESENSE MAN.IF U MISAPPROPIATE FUND OR POWER PRISON DEY WAIT FOR THEM
Re: Power Supply Is Almost Constant In My Area. Why? What Happened?? by avast007: 2:58pm On Aug 02, 2015
good dey ooo...
Re: Power Supply Is Almost Constant In My Area. Why? What Happened?? by dynamitee: 3:01pm On Aug 02, 2015
And reta.rd.s like yourself can't use the two halves of their brains at d same time are the reason why intelligent and decent human beings can not have simple intellectual discussions on naira land without resorting to words like imbec!le and re.ta.rd.

U are also the reason y politicians have been deceiving us and promising us the moon for ages and getting away with it. Address the issue or answer the question, u wont do that. It's all about sentiments for you.

By the way, little secret, I supported Jimi Agbaje for governor... but pls don't tell my bosses over at APC... shhhh! Tinubu might blow up Lagos state if he learns that one of his "deplorable hacks" has gone rogue.

Od.e!!!
jmaine:

It disgust me when intellectual imbec!les in your kind seek to distract me from more stimulating discourse on the board . . . . .Where do they import deplorable APC hacks from you from . . . . . .Damn !!! embarassed

6 Likes

Re: Power Supply Is Almost Constant In My Area. Why? What Happened?? by fyneboi79(m): 3:02pm On Aug 02, 2015
MizMyColi:

Your views are welcome.
Well I guess the saboteurs who used to pay nepa to sabotage power supply to be able to sell generators ,diesel,fuel, inverters and other power supplying equipments have all gone into hiding t. Also not forgeting that the MD of all institutions don't want to be sacked by Oga at the top for incompetence grin

2 Likes

Re: Power Supply Is Almost Constant In My Area. Why? What Happened?? by InvertedHammer: 3:02pm On Aug 02, 2015
jmaine:

Your bizarre stupidity got my attention. That is not something to be proud of bruv . . . . .
/
What other punishment would be enough for your ilks other than waking up to be reminded that
Buhari is still your president. Eat your hearts out. Deal with it. Go and find a job! GEJ is enjoying his life while useless folks like
you are the proverbial "women that tell the stories after the fight".

If you have anything serious going on in your life, you will not dedicate your life worshiping Jonathan.

You need a job.
\

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Power Supply Is Almost Constant In My Area. Why? What Happened?? by Abduletudaye(m): 3:03pm On Aug 02, 2015
all4naija:

Bwahaha... How can he do that when he's not in power? grin grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy. I d i o t!

Cant you just write without insulting? This is exactly what am talking about....how long did he actually need to do a follow up? I know you will support this....as i am not suprised one inch.
I believe you are one of the political bad::ass here..so, how long was Ex-PGEJ in office? Cause right now i feel i cant count.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Power Supply Is Almost Constant In My Area. Why? What Happened?? by Nobody: 3:03pm On Aug 02, 2015
INTROVERT:
let me wait too...

The situation is obviously good around the country now. The dams are full, gas supply is constant and yes... Nobody wants to mess with GMB.

This current situation shouldn't make the government lax. More investments are needed in the power sector especially the TSGP so that more gas fired plants can be built up north.

Let's however wait till dry season for us to really complement.

good comment.!!
btw i thought they said d above monika is a robot.
Re: Power Supply Is Almost Constant In My Area. Why? What Happened?? by kinglekan: 3:03pm On Aug 02, 2015
dynamitee:
u prefer the era when GEJ wld tell amanpour that we have constant power supply in Nigeria and u only get to hear about it on twitter because you did not have enough money to buy fuel for the gen to watch TV?
I don't care about reports and claims, or rhetorics either ... anyone can paint a false picture or generate a cooked report or manipulate fact's and figurus. That was what GEJ was all about. I care about what I can see.

Ok.
Re: Power Supply Is Almost Constant In My Area. Why? What Happened?? by Nobody: 3:04pm On Aug 02, 2015
mployer:
It is normal for power generation to improve during rainy season. The water level in the dam is high resulting in higher power output.

enjoy it while it lasts, the party won't be long grin

But it rained last year and d year before. So why was there no power supply then?

6 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

Oshiomole Summons NWC Meeting After Suspension Is Lifted / Mention Names Of Bishops At Shettima’s Unveiling - CAN Dares APC / Picture Of Aso Rock. Has Anyone Got Any?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.