Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,563 members, 7,816,375 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:23 AM

Power Supply Is Almost Constant In My Area. Why? What Happened?? - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Power Supply Is Almost Constant In My Area. Why? What Happened?? (47983 Views)

We Now Have 23hrs Eletricity Supply In My Area: Is It The Same In Your Own Zone? / Improved Power Supply Is Not Sustainable, Electricity Employees Explain / REPLY: Power Supply Is Almost Constant In My Area.Why?what Happened?by MizMyColi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Power Supply Is Almost Constant In My Area. Why? What Happened?? by Nobody: 2:20pm On Aug 02, 2015
It's nothing new. We are in the season of torrential rain so the dams are woring in full capacity. Let's wait till dry season then you will see the masturbating masturbators blame GEJ again
Re: Power Supply Is Almost Constant In My Area. Why? What Happened?? by IsraeliAIRFORCE: 2:20pm On Aug 02, 2015
fulanimafia:

You will have to act sensibly by providing links so dates and other claims can be confirmed, before you accuse anyone of lying.

Acting impulsively with sourceless articles will not save you.

And you chose to take me for blind debaters. No I know more than what are written on Nairaland.

There are many sources in corroboration with my citation.

http://thenationonlineng.net/new/power-supply-collapses/
Re: Power Supply Is Almost Constant In My Area. Why? What Happened?? by osbornfotovideo: 2:20pm On Aug 02, 2015
[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font]Please let nepa alone now, the last power minister with GEJ on the switch, lock the power house before handover. Don't remind them before they'll know what is wrong.
Re: Power Supply Is Almost Constant In My Area. Why? What Happened?? by Smooyis(m): 2:21pm On Aug 02, 2015
Power is constant in my area but truly waiting till dry season before one can conclude.

Nonetheless kudos to GEJ for his commitment towards stable electricity through privatization, and PMB for his aura of discipline and financial prudence.
Re: Power Supply Is Almost Constant In My Area. Why? What Happened?? by dynamitee: 2:22pm On Aug 02, 2015
GEJ has been "investing" in the power sector for years... can you give me an explanation for why power waited till two weeks after he left office before becoming stable?
ECOTERRORS:
can you give me PMB policies, input or funding that made the lights to remain.

Give honour to whom its due

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Power Supply Is Almost Constant In My Area. Why? What Happened?? by Nobody: 2:23pm On Aug 02, 2015
Yes everywhere most especially in River State,
But
It was ex-president GEJ who did it before His departure from the presidential sit.

Even the Nigeria dumped Refineries was rebuiled by GEJ.

Hypocrites may not like to credit GEJ for this wonderful improvement.

1 Like

Re: Power Supply Is Almost Constant In My Area. Why? What Happened?? by kitombo: 2:24pm On Aug 02, 2015
mployer:
It is normal for power generation to improve during rainy season. The water level in the dam is high resulting in higher power output.

enjoy it while it lasts, the party won't be long grin

Just my thoughts too!

1 Like

Re: Power Supply Is Almost Constant In My Area. Why? What Happened?? by ocelot2006(m): 2:24pm On Aug 02, 2015
mployer:
It is normal for power generation to improve during rainy season. The water level in the dam is high resulting in higher power output.

Power is supplied mostly by gas-powered plants, NOT hydroelectric plants.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Power Supply Is Almost Constant In My Area. Why? What Happened?? by PassingShot(m): 2:24pm On Aug 02, 2015
Demmocrats:

Bro sai buhari has always been my love but bro learn to say the truth when you see the truth

Check all my comments you will know am crazy about buhari because I know he will make Nigeria great again
What is the truth in what you've said.

Restructuring in the power sector was completed about three years ago, how come the improvement didn't come since then.

Give it to PMB for his stance on fighting corruption head-on!

The fear of being held accountable for your actions and inactions can achieve wonders.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Power Supply Is Almost Constant In My Area. Why? What Happened?? by Nobody: 2:24pm On Aug 02, 2015
Because some people just decided to do things right for the fear of being probed. Though in my area power has ever been good even during the last admin,except if the transformer is faulty.

2 Likes

Re: Power Supply Is Almost Constant In My Area. Why? What Happened?? by seanbond00(m): 2:25pm On Aug 02, 2015
mployer:

You know when most people say that it's because of the rainy season that we have constan5 light, I beg to differ.

Why was the light not this constant last year rainy season?

Abeg make we hear better story.

6 Likes

Re: Power Supply Is Almost Constant In My Area. Why? What Happened?? by front247: 2:25pm On Aug 02, 2015
1 d rate of vandalism of gas pipelines hav dropped. 2 there is supply of gas now to d different power plants 3 the level of water in d dams in d hydro power plants have increased
Re: Power Supply Is Almost Constant In My Area. Why? What Happened?? by Davvymavvy(f): 2:25pm On Aug 02, 2015
The op knows the answer now. Politics shouldn't be about blind loyalty but assessing government and governance based on the happenings that have both direct and indirect effects in advancing our cause for a better society. The new Sheriff in town is a no nonsense man but the facilities have been on ground just that Jonathan's friends rode on the horse of his ignorance and weakness to sabotage and frustrate all his efforts. Yet, he held them dear to his heart

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Power Supply Is Almost Constant In My Area. Why? What Happened?? by fulanimafia: 2:26pm On Aug 02, 2015
IsraeliAIRFORCE:

There are many sources in corroboration with my citation.

http://thenationonlineng.net/new/power-supply-collapses/

You are just making pointless posts.

I gave you two July 2015 reports of improved gas supply to Egbin in recent months, and you are giving me links to reports of poor gas supplies written in May 2015, under the incompetent and corrupt administration of GJ.

What is your point??

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Power Supply Is Almost Constant In My Area. Why? What Happened?? by InvertedHammer: 2:26pm On Aug 02, 2015
/
Everything was in order under GEJ.

But his minions made sure those things didn't work to create avenues for allocations which they subsequently.embezzled.

The ones caught with their hands in the cookie jar were not punished. So the others noted that the leader is a clueless and alcoholic imbe.cile, and from thence, it became a marathon race to see who loots the most.

What is happening to.Nigeria and.their psychology is akin to buying fuel during fuel scarcity. In one station, everyone is fighting for queue. In another station, everyone is queuing up in orderly manner. Why? Because there are soldiers with Koboko watching them.

Nigerian laws need to be enforced.
/

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Power Supply Is Almost Constant In My Area. Why? What Happened?? by nuelyoyo(m): 2:26pm On Aug 02, 2015
johnstar:
Nigeria mentality ehn, i knw juz no yyyy, hna 2 dey complain, if light no dey una go conplain, nw wey light don dey nw una stil dey complain, like dis our yeye bro wey dey ask qstns
they aren't complaining, they are commending. And you have to talk whether to complain or commend.
Re: Power Supply Is Almost Constant In My Area. Why? What Happened?? by missKiffy(f): 2:28pm On Aug 02, 2015
mployer:

"The party won't last long ba" then I guess u will be happy wen d power supply stops embarassed

2 Likes

Re: Power Supply Is Almost Constant In My Area. Why? What Happened?? by pjecly: 2:28pm On Aug 02, 2015
This is a good thread to share the current improvement of light in Nigeria as a whole. Since inauguration of PMB my area Ilasamaja in Lagos has never experienced light-out anymore. At least we enjoy light now for 20hours a day. So what a massive impression. It has neva happened in d history. One thing I know is the FEAR OF PMB AND THE PERIODJOF IMPUNITY IS OVER.
God bless PMB/PYO
God bless Nigeria

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Power Supply Is Almost Constant In My Area. Why? What Happened?? by dokunbam(m): 2:28pm On Aug 02, 2015
same here
Re: Power Supply Is Almost Constant In My Area. Why? What Happened?? by IsraeliAIRFORCE: 2:28pm On Aug 02, 2015
fulanimafia:

You are just making pointless posts.

I gave you two July 2015 reports of improved gas supply to Egbin in recent months, and you are giving me links to reports of poor gas supplies written in May 2015, under the incompetent and corrupt administration of GJ.

What is your point??

Living in bondage.
Re: Power Supply Is Almost Constant In My Area. Why? What Happened?? by jmaine: 2:29pm On Aug 02, 2015
dynamitee:
I don't actually think buhari particularly did much sef, to be honest. But GEJ had 6 years to make it happen, and he didn't despite his statement that we should not vote for him if he doesn't stabilise power . For some reason, light became stable less than 2 weeks afta swearing in. Less than 2 months after that we have 3 refineries working at increasing capacity. GEJ might have started the transformation, but it was pmb that transformed whatever GEJ may have started into change that we can actually see and feel, not just pictures and videos of transformation.

I believe in results, not just telling me power is stable when I'm having to put on gen to watch news every night. if pmb could do it in 2 weeks, then GEJ could have done it sooner. Lord knows I probably would have voted for him if he had.

Please quit the blabbing and tell us what part of GEJ power policy drive was transformed by Buhari into improved power supply . . .

Did he build new gas pipelines, new IPP plant e.t.c . . . . .

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Power Supply Is Almost Constant In My Area. Why? What Happened?? by dynamitee: 2:29pm On Aug 02, 2015
u prefer the era when GEJ wld tell amanpour that we have constant power supply in Nigeria and u only get to hear about it on twitter because you did not have enough money to buy fuel for the gen to watch TV?
I don't care about reports and claims, or rhetorics either ... anyone can paint a false picture or generate a cooked report or manipulate fact's and figurus. That was what GEJ was all about. I care about what I can see.
kinglekan:

Exactly!

I have no personal feud whatsoever against PMB and though I have my reservations about him, I can't just seem to wrap my hands around the logic behind praising him for the improvement in power supply.

How exactly has this government affected power generation? I haven't read of any reports claiming that our power generation has increased.

Someone should put up facts we can actually digest and not just come with the same rhetorics 'change has come', as though the mere announcement of that makes a difference.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Power Supply Is Almost Constant In My Area. Why? What Happened?? by Moz22: 2:30pm On Aug 02, 2015
Demmocrats:

Bro sai buhari has always been my love but bro learn to say the truth when you see the truth

Check all my comments you will know am crazy about buhari because I know he will make Nigeria great again
indeed..you are crazy

1 Like

Re: Power Supply Is Almost Constant In My Area. Why? What Happened?? by ocelot2006(m): 2:30pm On Aug 02, 2015
dynamitee:
GEJ has been "investing" in the power sector for years... can you give me an explanation for why power waited till two weeks after he left office before becoming stable?

Maybe because GEJ:

Built and commissioned FAR MORE power stations than his predecessors COMBINED

Fixed and expanded existing power stations

Ensured adequate gas supply via the GAS REVOLUTION that saw the construction and expansion of the MASSIVE gas delivery system

Upgraded and expanded the transmission grid, building far more substations and stringing new power lines

Responsible for massive distribution of of step down transformers initially held up at ports and PHCN offices

Built new distribution substations across the federation

Unbundled PHCN and sold it off, allowing for private sector participation

Outsourced TCN to major Canadian Utility Firm
Re: Power Supply Is Almost Constant In My Area. Why? What Happened?? by Nobody: 2:31pm On Aug 02, 2015
persius555:
You make it sound like the country is buhari's and you are here on holiday( no offence). Nigeria is every nigerians responsibility. Nigerians are responsible for our long suffering economy, no other person will turn the situation around except we nigerians. Nigeria is our responsibility.
I think the reverse is the case because I'm against the sycophancy of Buhari's foot soilders
Re: Power Supply Is Almost Constant In My Area. Why? What Happened?? by fulanimafia: 2:32pm On Aug 02, 2015
IsraeliAIRFORCE:

Living in bondage.

Jonathan is gone cool, and never coming back.

6 Likes

Re: Power Supply Is Almost Constant In My Area. Why? What Happened?? by Demmocrats(m): 2:32pm On Aug 02, 2015
Moz22:
indeed..you are crazy

Thank you and have a wonderful day
Re: Power Supply Is Almost Constant In My Area. Why? What Happened?? by Nobody: 2:33pm On Aug 02, 2015
MizMyColi:
I don't know if a topic such as this has been discussed on here, but I'm piqued as to the reason I, and many others (I'm sure) now have almost constant power supply. Did NEPA (sic) forget where they usually switch off the light? (Pun intended).

I would like to glean from the insights of those who have first hand knowledge on what went wrong earlier, and what is going rightly this time.

Your views are welcome.
Possibly Buhari built many power stations within 2 months of becoming the president. Bwahaha...
Re: Power Supply Is Almost Constant In My Area. Why? What Happened?? by AZeD1(m): 2:33pm On Aug 02, 2015
kodded:
the gas is like the fuel needed to power on the dam and the force of water in the dam is what is generating power
Bros small small
Gas is used in stations with Gas turbines (most power stations in the south of Nigeria are gas fired) while water is used in hydro power stations.

As for the answer to the OP's question, improving infrastructure and more investments are the reason. If you want to "praise" somebody, then praise the Federal government of Nigeria. Its not a GEJ or a PMB thing but that of sustained policy of the Federal Government.

*****Note before the PDP and APC agents eat me up,
1) OBJ paid for the new power plants but forgot about the gas pipelines
2) GEJ completed the power stations and built the gas pipelines (GAS master plan)
3) So far Buhari hasn't cancelled GEJ's road map so for now we can assume he will continue with it.

2 Likes

Re: Power Supply Is Almost Constant In My Area. Why? What Happened?? by fulanigirl(f): 2:34pm On Aug 02, 2015
ECOTERRORS:
Maybe in the 97% places that voted PMB because there is a thread about blackout in Nsugbe Anambra state for the past two week

I recently returned from Niger state, where a town, Kagara had no electricity for over 2 months. This was due to transformer issues. They voted GMB, so not everything is tribal or politocal

3 Likes

Re: Power Supply Is Almost Constant In My Area. Why? What Happened?? by ddippset(m): 2:34pm On Aug 02, 2015
erico2k2:

I do not think you analogy fits this situation as you cannot hud power generation, if you where talking about petrol and other fuel then yes.
but i think generating even 1 million megawatts of power without the political will to transmit, distribute and power the citizens homes through sabotage is tantamount to hoarding it.

5 Likes

Re: Power Supply Is Almost Constant In My Area. Why? What Happened?? by ocelot2006(m): 2:35pm On Aug 02, 2015
dynamitee:
u prefer the era when GEJ wld tell amanpour that we have constant power supply in Nigeria and u only get to hear about it on twitter because you did not have enough money to buy fuel for the gen to watch TV?
I don't care about reports and claims, or rhetorics either ... anyone can paint a false picture or generate a cooked report or manipulate fact's and figurus. That was what GEJ was all about. I care about what I can see.

I do not recall GEJ saying we had constant power supply, but him saying that power supply had improved and it would've been a thing of the past. And he was RIGHT. Power had indeed improved across the country. In the restive North East were I worked, the states enjoyed almost 24hrs of power supply.

But the hatred for GEJ never allowed people like you to see the progress made, just the propaganda garbage you were fed daily.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

Edo Youths Protest Against SARS In Front Of Oba Of Benin's Palace (Video) / Emir Sanusi And Osinbajo In A Closed-Door Meeting (Photos) / Buhari Denies Claim Of Picking Lawan As Consensus Candidate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.