Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,627 members, 7,816,577 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:25 PM

Power Supply Is Almost Constant In My Area. Why? What Happened?? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Power Supply Is Almost Constant In My Area. Why? What Happened?? (47990 Views)

We Now Have 23hrs Eletricity Supply In My Area: Is It The Same In Your Own Zone? / Improved Power Supply Is Not Sustainable, Electricity Employees Explain / REPLY: Power Supply Is Almost Constant In My Area.Why?what Happened?by MizMyColi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Power Supply Is Almost Constant In My Area. Why? What Happened?? by LouisVanGaal(m): 1:31pm On Aug 02, 2015
Truly Nigerians CAN NEVER be pleased! No light...why What happened
Now there's light, you still asking 'why and what happened'
If i should call you a WAILER now, you would pick offence...
Mind you, light situation has improved BUT we can still do better than this...when we clock at least 10k MW, then we should be rest assured that we have solved the problem of electricity..
Happy sundae
Re: Power Supply Is Almost Constant In My Area. Why? What Happened?? by MizMyColi(f): 1:33pm On Aug 02, 2015
Double post

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Power Supply Is Almost Constant In My Area. Why? What Happened?? by MizMyColi(f): 1:33pm On Aug 02, 2015
holatin:
Thank God one PDP mouthpiece is not only experiencing d change but talking about it.

PMB I believe

Mister, this is not a thread for party affiliational vainglories.

I asked for insights as to what might have happened or unhappened.

Provide facts please.

Cc: Jarus Israeliairforce Thesonofmark

4 Likes

Re: Power Supply Is Almost Constant In My Area. Why? What Happened?? by Nobody: 1:35pm On Aug 02, 2015
mikeywise:

Fixed
can you give me PMB policies, input or funding that made the lights to remain.

Give honour to whom its due

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Power Supply Is Almost Constant In My Area. Why? What Happened?? by Jetjacky(m): 1:35pm On Aug 02, 2015
MizMyColi:
I don't know if a topic such as this has been discussed on here, but I'm piqued as to the reason I, and many others (I'm sure) now have almost constant power supply. Did NEPA (sic) forget where they usually switch off the light? (Pun intended).

I would like to glean from the insights of those who have first hand knowledge on what went wrong earlier, and what is going rightly this time.

Your views are welcome.
nothing like that here oh. From almost 24hrs a day full light to almost 2days with no light here in umuahia! cry

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Power Supply Is Almost Constant In My Area. Why? What Happened?? by dahaz(m): 1:35pm On Aug 02, 2015
This is what i have been advocating all along that if buhari succed it will be for our own good.mizmycoli is a known anti change agent phcn did not ask her if she voted buhari or not but she has started to enjoy the change she strongly fought against.

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Power Supply Is Almost Constant In My Area. Why? What Happened?? by MizMyColi(f): 1:36pm On Aug 02, 2015
LouisVanGaal:
Truly Nigerians CAN NEVER be pleased! No light...why What happened
Now there's light, you still asking 'why and what happened'
If i should call you a WAILER now, you would pick offence...
Mind you, light situation has improved BUT we can still do better than this...when we clock at least 10k MW, then we should be rest assured that we have solved the problem of electricity..
Happy sundae

WANKERR, did you read the body of this thread at all?

You seem to have issues comprehending the difference between when someone is out to oppose and when someone is simply curious over a phenomena and needs answers.

3 Likes

Re: Power Supply Is Almost Constant In My Area. Why? What Happened?? by mployer(m): 1:36pm On Aug 02, 2015
Beremx:
the rains are long over in the southwest. Still yet there's improvement of electricity supply.

Oga Buhari,thank you oooo!!! cheesy

This is August and you are saying rainy season is over

It will take till October for the water level to go down. I hope you will still shout 'thank you Buhari' after october..

2 Likes

Re: Power Supply Is Almost Constant In My Area. Why? What Happened?? by Whynotthetruth(m): 1:37pm On Aug 02, 2015
holatin:
Thank God one PDP mouthpiece is not only experiencing d change but talking about it.

PMB I believe

There's being constant or an average of 22hours power supply in our house in Awka as far as 2014...

6 Likes

Re: Power Supply Is Almost Constant In My Area. Why? What Happened?? by mikeywise(m): 1:38pm On Aug 02, 2015
ECOTERRORS:
can you give me PMB policies, input or funding that made the lights to remain.

Give honour to whom its due
Nwanne m. Nothing I say will make u change your stance on Buhari.

2 Likes

Re: Power Supply Is Almost Constant In My Area. Why? What Happened?? by Nobody: 1:38pm On Aug 02, 2015
LouisVanGaal:

Happy sundae
The silence of PMB on the Power roadmap might lead to the retrogression in the progress we ve made so far in the power sector.

I owe you a beer for the last paragraph of your comment

1 Like

Re: Power Supply Is Almost Constant In My Area. Why? What Happened?? by MizMyColi(f): 1:39pm On Aug 02, 2015
dahaz:
This is what i have been advocating all along that if buhari succed it will be for our own good.mizmycoli is a known anti change agent phcn did not ask her if she voted buhari or not but she has started to enjoy the change she strongly fought against.

If you must accuse me, accuse me for all the right things, plzzzzzz

Now let me correct you..

Mizmycoli is a known anti-cosmetic change agent.

But that^ is not the topic for discussion.

What I want to understand here is, what happened exactly? Provide facts and figures where necessary please.

1 Like

Re: Power Supply Is Almost Constant In My Area. Why? What Happened?? by kinglekan: 1:41pm On Aug 02, 2015
jmaine:

So educate us on what PMB did to make power steady, any policy drive, funding e.t.c . . . . .

Thanks for your time as you inform us on what has changed . . . .

Exactly!

I have no personal feud whatsoever against PMB and though I have my reservations about him, I can't just seem to wrap my hands around the logic behind praising him for the improvement in power supply.

How exactly has this government affected power generation? I haven't read of any reports claiming that our power generation has increased.

Someone should put up facts we can actually digest and not just come with the same rhetorics 'change has come', as though the mere announcement of that makes a difference.

15 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Power Supply Is Almost Constant In My Area. Why? What Happened?? by Nobody: 1:41pm On Aug 02, 2015
Jetjacky:
nothing like that here oh. From almost 24hrs a day full light to almost 2days with no light here in umuahia! cry
I'm sorry you guys are part of the 5% DAFTUS swore not compensate for not voting him. Barth Nnaji is coming to the rescue soon

2 Likes

Re: Power Supply Is Almost Constant In My Area. Why? What Happened?? by MizMyColi(f): 1:42pm On Aug 02, 2015
mployer:

This is August and you are saying rainy season is over

It will take till October for the water level to go down. I hope you will still shout 'thank you Buhari' after october..

Please don't laugh at my seeming ignorance in this regard, but I have a question...

Do they need water and gas to transmit the light?
I thought it's either of the two?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Power Supply Is Almost Constant In My Area. Why? What Happened?? by IbokUtoroh(m): 1:43pm On Aug 02, 2015
stevecantrell:
May this country never see that rubbish govt that screwed up for 6 yrs ever again !
not 6yrs but 8yrs.
No govt in dis 4th republic has been in power for 6yrs, i stand to be corrected.
God punish obj dat ruled us without direction.

6 Likes

Re: Power Supply Is Almost Constant In My Area. Why? What Happened?? by MizMyColi(f): 1:43pm On Aug 02, 2015
kinglekan:

Exactly!

I have no personal feud whatsoever against PMB and though I have my reservations about him, I can't just seem to wrap my hands around the logic behind praising him for the improvement in power supply.

How exactly has this government affected power generation? I haven't read of any reports claiming that our power generation has increased.

Someone should put up facts we can actually digest and not just come with the same rhetorics 'change has come', as though the mere announcement of that makes a difference.

Someone is echoing my thoughts as well as the reason for my confusion.
Bless!

6 Likes

Re: Power Supply Is Almost Constant In My Area. Why? What Happened?? by Nobody: 1:44pm On Aug 02, 2015
mikeywise:

Nwanne m. Nothing I say will make u change your stance on Buhari.
I promise to give you the benefit of doubt if you can disprove my assertion that PMB is not the architect of our constant power
Re: Power Supply Is Almost Constant In My Area. Why? What Happened?? by MizMyColi(f): 1:45pm On Aug 02, 2015
themilanway:
Why not direct your question to the authorities?

Help me, will you?
Re: Power Supply Is Almost Constant In My Area. Why? What Happened?? by MizMyColi(f): 1:47pm On Aug 02, 2015
Demmocrats:
Its Jonathan not my said buhari

Bro, if you say it's Jona, what exactly did he do?
Why wasn't it this way during his time?
Clear my doubt please.

6 Likes

Re: Power Supply Is Almost Constant In My Area. Why? What Happened?? by IsraeliAIRFORCE: 1:48pm On Aug 02, 2015
Why create thread to seek answers where truth is hidden and the ones who knows the truth are afraid to speak.

Political gas vandalism has stopped, GEJ handed over 7,800 MW ready to deliver generation plants while we have 12,000MW total but some are limited by transmission infrastructures and gas supply pipelines.

President. Buhari should just focus on transmission infrastructures, gas pipelines and a framework where gas companies balance between capitalism and nationalism.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Power Supply Is Almost Constant In My Area. Why? What Happened?? by MizMyColi(f): 1:49pm On Aug 02, 2015
Jetjacky:

I understand that people are still having issues with PT.

But in my area, things are better.
So, hopefully, it'll circulate properly, and soon too.

We want a Nigeria that works.

3 Likes

Re: Power Supply Is Almost Constant In My Area. Why? What Happened?? by Ymodulus: 1:50pm On Aug 02, 2015
MizMyColi:
I don't know if a topic such as this has been discussed on here, but I'm piqued as to the reason I, and many others (I'm sure) now have almost constant power supply. Did NEPA (sic) forget where they usually switch off the light? (Pun intended).

I would like to glean from the insights of those who have first hand knowledge on what went wrong earlier, and what is going rightly this time.

Your views are welcome.
change

4 Likes

Re: Power Supply Is Almost Constant In My Area. Why? What Happened?? by themilanway(m): 1:51pm On Aug 02, 2015
MizMyColi:

Help me, will you?

Its one click away from your laptop wink wink
Re: Power Supply Is Almost Constant In My Area. Why? What Happened?? by omonnakoda: 1:51pm On Aug 02, 2015
ECOTERRORS:
the rainy season is a strong factor, I'm not suprised with this develeopment but I will advise PMB to invest more if he wants this transformation to be sustained
Really how strong? Kainji Dam has a Capacity of about 700 MW so what percentage of that 700 MW will drop during the dry season.Kainji is not our biggest plant ,that is Egbin and most of our plants are gas so the isue of rain is neither here nor there.
The other point is Nigeria is obliged to provide some of the electricity from Kainji to Niger Republic as part of the Damming agreement

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Power Supply Is Almost Constant In My Area. Why? What Happened?? by Whynotthetruth(m): 1:51pm On Aug 02, 2015
MizMyColi:
Lalasticlala, Barcanista, whynotthetruth, francizy, midolian, PassingShot, barcanista , Dearpreye, Firefire, PPANGEL, wombraiders, wildrage, eyeview, Flets, Mogidi, IsraeliAirforce, Obiagelli, Egift, Donphilopus, Pendy79, Emekamex
NgeneUkwenu, Jarlons, Mynd44, Caseless, Maxymilliano, hinwazaka, AprokoMan, every one please.

There has been constant power supply or an average supply of 22hours since 2014 in our house in Awka though not same here in Lagos...

Added to rainy season effect...the answer isn't far fetched...

BTW we have more than enough installed capacity already of close to 12,000MW... Improved TCN managed by foreign consortium under Jonathan...and reduced bursting of gas pipelines now...

Gencos don't generate at optimum capacity for now...TCN are still installing some of the equipment gotten in the last administration...

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Power Supply Is Almost Constant In My Area. Why? What Happened?? by mikeywise(m): 1:52pm On Aug 02, 2015
ECOTERRORS:
I promise to give you the benefit of doubt if you can disprove my assertion that PMB is not the architect of our constant power
The reduction in crude oil stolen and gas vandalism have helped to improve the transmission of power supply, not forgetting the rainy season.
Re: Power Supply Is Almost Constant In My Area. Why? What Happened?? by fulanimafia: 1:53pm On Aug 02, 2015
The increase in generation as a result of recent improvements in gas supplies at Egbin Power plant is responsible for the huge improvement witnessed in Lagos State and its environs. The power plant a few months ago, was generating below 500 megawatts (Mw) but currently it generates over 1050Mw.

http://thenationonlineng.net/manufacturers-others-laud-buhari-on-improved-power-supply/
http://www.punchng.com/business/business-economy/egbin-power-plant-now-generates-1000mw/

The reason for the improved supply in recent months is quite obvious for those who truly seek answers.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Power Supply Is Almost Constant In My Area. Why? What Happened?? by freedom96: 1:54pm On Aug 02, 2015
ECOTERRORS:
how long does it take to construct an IPP

What input have PMB done in the power sector

Celebrate GEJ and pray DAFTUS to sustain that transformation agenda.
See fool.Why wasn't light constant when he was in power?

U go chop slap for here if u missbehave undecided

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Power Supply Is Almost Constant In My Area. Why? What Happened?? by francizy(m): 1:54pm On Aug 02, 2015
MizMyColi:
Lalasticlala, Barcanista, whynotthetruth, francizy, midolian, PassingShot, barcanista , Dearpreye, Firefire, PPANGEL, wombraiders, wildrage, eyeview, Flets, Mogidi, IsraeliAirforce, Obiagelli, Egift, Donphilopus, Pendy79, Emekamex
NgeneUkwenu, Jarlons, Mynd44, Caseless, Maxymilliano, hinwazaka, AprokoMan, every one please.

This's the main problem I had with GEJ. He set up the structure and then allowed people to sabotage his government. He was too calm to govern Nigeria. GEJ as president of this country was like a sheep leading wolves and foxes.

We all know who controls the Ikeja and Eko power distribution companies and from what happened, they increased tarrif by 3 folds and then supplied power only 20 - 30 hours per month so that one can be frustrated to vote out GEJ. Immediately Buhari got in, they increased power supply and decreased the tarrif from what used to be 15k per month to 5k per month.

This is a big lesson to all Nigerians, especially those from minority tribes, tow the path of OBJ (which is what I think the present administration wants to do) if you want to rule Nigeria for 8 years and probably with an extension, if you can alter the constitution. This means, you don't give your opposition a breathing space, snuff the lives out of them by using security officials to hunt all of them down, shield your own party members/loyalists from the security officials but hunt the ones who go against your wish, only then can you rule Nigeria effectively even if you achieve little or nothing..

16 Likes

Re: Power Supply Is Almost Constant In My Area. Why? What Happened?? by kodded(m): 1:55pm On Aug 02, 2015
MizMyColi:

Please don't laugh at my seeming ignorance in this regard, but I have a question...

Do they need water and gas to transmit the light?
I thought it's either of the two?
the gas is like the fuel needed to power on the dam and the force of water in the dam is what is generating power
Re: Power Supply Is Almost Constant In My Area. Why? What Happened?? by dahaz(m): 1:56pm On Aug 02, 2015
MizMyColi:

If you must accuse me, accuse me for all the right things, plzzzzzz

Now let me correct you..

Mizmycoli is a known anti-cosmetic change agent.

But that^ is not the topic for discussion.

What I want to understand here is, what happened exactly? Provide facts and figures where necessary please.
ok miz anti-cosmetic change agent my apologies..what actualy hapenned was that formerly there were lots of corruption in our transmission sector that was left unchecked. people were doing whatever they like in that sector with inpunity. The managemnet were so corrupt and incompetent that they constantly engage in fitscups with the staffs which lead to sabbotage. That was why the govt then decided to bring in expatriate(manitoba)to manage the sector.manitoba did not succeed because of constant interferance by ministry officials. With the coming of new sheriff(buhari)everybody began to check his self into place.Manitobas contract was renewed with an order to be given free hand.so expect more better things

bottom line, generation is not our problem but transmission and distribution.

5 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

Suicide Bomber Refuses To Detonate Her Explosive Out Of Mercy (PHOTOS) / Supreme Court Adjourns New Naira Note Suit Till February 22 / Two Aspirants For Senate President, Speaker Offered $1million Per Vote- APC Gov

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.