Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,630 members, 7,816,598 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:43 PM

Power Supply Is Almost Constant In My Area. Why? What Happened?? - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Power Supply Is Almost Constant In My Area. Why? What Happened?? (47994 Views)

We Now Have 23hrs Eletricity Supply In My Area: Is It The Same In Your Own Zone? / Improved Power Supply Is Not Sustainable, Electricity Employees Explain / REPLY: Power Supply Is Almost Constant In My Area.Why?what Happened?by MizMyColi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Power Supply Is Almost Constant In My Area. Why? What Happened?? by dynamitee: 3:05pm On Aug 02, 2015
wow... sounds like he really did a lot.
So, how come I lived in a total of 3 states and 4 different towns during his 6 year tenure and I still never experienced the power stability I am experiencing now?and how come people were still complaining about power supply
ocelot2006:

Maybe because GEJ:

Built and commissioned FAR MORE power stations than his predecessors COMBINED

Fixed and expanded existing power stations

Ensured adequate gas supply via the GAS REVOLUTION that saw the construction and expansion of the MASSIVE gas delivery system

Upgraded and expanded the transmission grid, building far more substations and stringing new power lines

Responsible for massive distribution of of step down transformers initially held up at ports and PHCN offices

Built new distribution substations across the federation

Unbundled PHCN and sold it off, allowing for private sector participation

Outsourced TCN to major Canadian Utility Firm

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Power Supply Is Almost Constant In My Area. Why? What Happened?? by searay(m): 3:05pm On Aug 02, 2015
No light since Wednesday

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Power Supply Is Almost Constant In My Area. Why? What Happened?? by Ancientboy(m): 3:06pm On Aug 02, 2015
INTROVERT:
let me wait too...

The situation is obviously good around the country now. The dams are full, gas supply is constant and yes... Nobody wants to mess with GMB.

This current situation shouldn't make the government lax. More investments are needed in the power sector especially the TSGP so that more gas fired plants can be built up north.

Let's however wait till dry season for us to really complement.
the wind of change is blowing

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Power Supply Is Almost Constant In My Area. Why? What Happened?? by ohmyade(m): 3:09pm On Aug 02, 2015
There's no power in Ibafo area for over Four years now.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Power Supply Is Almost Constant In My Area. Why? What Happened?? by ihesiuloa(m): 3:10pm On Aug 02, 2015
kossyablaze:
Buhari oooooo!!!
Woulda laid more emphasis on this buh the SHE_MALE above has said it all!
The only thing I need from this govt is just to diversify our economy like UAE,create more jobs-as we can see in d case of Taylor87 abi 86 and his companion Introvert...that's all.
I ll certify it Gold.

MEANWHILE,WHO TAKES IT?
Hit LIKE for chelsea and SHARE for Arsenal.

*modified*I just saw somebody below saying God bless GEJ...make thunder wey get small electricity and lightening fire u!
Some people are unfortunately full of sh*t making such unpleasant remarks on ones opinion! Who gave you the right to course? I'm sure that THUNDER may fall back on you if you don't reverse your statement quickly!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Power Supply Is Almost Constant In My Area. Why? What Happened?? by taofeektaiwo(m): 3:10pm On Aug 02, 2015
It's been quite a while it rained don't u think?
kinglekan:

Ok.

mployer:
It is normal for power generation to improve during rainy season. The water level in the dam is high resulting in higher power output.

enjoy it while it lasts, the party won't be long grin
Re: Power Supply Is Almost Constant In My Area. Why? What Happened?? by Nobody: 3:10pm On Aug 02, 2015
Abduletudaye:

Cant you just write without insulting? This is exactly what am talking about....how long did he actually need to do a follow up? I know you will support this....as i am not suprised one inch.
I believe you are one of the political bad::ass here..so, how long was Ex-PGEJ in office? Cause right now i feel i cant count.
I didn't insult you. You possibly misunderstood my post of humor for an insult. However, I know the past government was trying to commission some of the newly built power plants before the elections.

Perhaps, you need to be reasonable with your posts before concluding your propaganda. I don't admire the Nigerian government though. All of them.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Power Supply Is Almost Constant In My Area. Why? What Happened?? by Neplusultra(f): 3:11pm On Aug 02, 2015
kinglekan:

Exactly!

I have no personal feud whatsoever against PMB and though I have my reservations about him, I can't just seem to wrap my hands around the logic behind praising him for the improvement in power supply.

How exactly has this government affected power generation? I haven't read of any reports claiming that our power generation has increased.

Someone should put up facts we can actually digest and not just come with the same rhetorics 'change has come', as though the mere announcement of that makes a difference.

1,000 000 likes!!!

1 Like

Re: Power Supply Is Almost Constant In My Area. Why? What Happened?? by omonnakoda: 3:12pm On Aug 02, 2015
ECOTERRORS:
Egbin is still not functioning to its optimum capacity because of gas shortages and you can't dispute the upgrade being the efforts of our amiable darling GEJ.

http://twitter.com/home?status=Egbin%20power%20plant%20now%20generates%201%2C000MW%20http%3A%2F%2Fwww.punchng.com%2Fbusiness%2Fbusiness-economy%2Fegbin-power-plant-now-generates-1000mw%2F%20@MobilePunch
You are right Egbin is not functioning optimally but then NO PLANT is and Kainji if it were functioning optimally has still less capacity than Egbin. Nigeria is obliged to sell some electricity from Kainji to Niger as part of the agreement for Damming the river Niger so the total contribution of Kainji to electricity is still less than half on a non optimal Egbin. At any rate there is no year that it does not rain so that rain argument is rather lame . Its effect can only be marginal at best and most likely is non existent

1 Like

Re: Power Supply Is Almost Constant In My Area. Why? What Happened?? by jmaine: 3:12pm On Aug 02, 2015
InvertedHammer:

/
What other punishment would be enough for your ilks other than waking up to be reminded that
Buhari is still your president. Eat your hearts out. Deal with it. Go and find a job! GEJ is enjoying his life while useless folks like
you are the proverbial "women that tell the stories after the fight".

If you have anything serious going on in your life, you will not dedicate your life worshiping Jonathan.

You need a job.
\

Always learn to cloak your idiocy out of public glare where necessary . . . . . . . . . .Whenever your senses takes flight off your brain, endevour to keep shut . . . . . . . .

You said everything was okay under GEJ, I assume, that involves power, infrastructure, security et al., . . . . How low can a Buhari maggot sink to just to appear more daft . . . .
Re: Power Supply Is Almost Constant In My Area. Why? What Happened?? by nkemjacob2(m): 3:13pm On Aug 02, 2015
same here we done dey get light o. Like say na abroad we dey. Na jonathan hand work b dis. No b PMB. Kudos to jonathan.
Re: Power Supply Is Almost Constant In My Area. Why? What Happened?? by Nobody: 3:14pm On Aug 02, 2015
I ATTEST TO THAT.. LIGHT has been constant in our area too..

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Power Supply Is Almost Constant In My Area. Why? What Happened?? by jmaine: 3:15pm On Aug 02, 2015
dynamitee post=36529953[s:
]And reta.rd.s like yourself can't use the two halves of their brains at d same time are the reason why intelligent and decent human beings can not have simple intellectual discussions on naira land without resorting to words like imbec!le and re.ta.rd.

U are also the reason y politicians have been deceiving us and promising us the moon for ages and getting away with it. Address the issue or answer the question, u wont do that. It's all about sentiments for you.

By the way, little secret, I supported Jimi Agbaje for governor... but pls don't tell my bosses over at APC... shhhh! Tinubu might blow up Lagos state if he learns that one of his "deplorable hacks" has gone rogue.

Od.e!![/s]!

I have little tolerance for distracting dregs like you . . . .

1 Like

Re: Power Supply Is Almost Constant In My Area. Why? What Happened?? by Abduletudaye(m): 3:15pm On Aug 02, 2015
all4naija:

I didn't insult you. You possibly misunderstood my post of humor for an insult. However, I know the past government was trying to commission some of the newly built power plants before the elections.

Perhaps, you need to be reasonable with your posts before concluding your propaganda. I don't admire the Nigerian government though. All of them.

I for fear na..Its not just propaganda. Its what I see that i make noise about..anyway, politicians are all the same.

Although, the electricity supply in my area has upped, there are still areas in Lagos that need more power.

The only thing that pained me during PGEJ tenure was that that stewpid BH didnt let him focus

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Power Supply Is Almost Constant In My Area. Why? What Happened?? by asha80(m): 3:16pm On Aug 02, 2015
simplexvi:
fr aba here ogbohill side.... since last yr dexember we neva sleep without light
this sounds impossible
Re: Power Supply Is Almost Constant In My Area. Why? What Happened?? by Nobody: 3:17pm On Aug 02, 2015
ocelot2006:

Maybe because GEJ:

Built and commissioned FAR MORE power stations than his predecessors COMBINED

Fixed and expanded existing power stations

Ensured adequate gas supply via the GAS REVOLUTION that saw the construction and expansion of the MASSIVE gas delivery system

Upgraded and expanded the transmission grid, building far more substations and stringing new power lines

Responsible for massive distribution of of step down transformers initially held up at ports and PHCN offices

Built new distribution substations across the federation

Unbundled PHCN and sold it off, allowing for private sector participation

Outsourced TCN to major Canadian Utility Firm
Re: Power Supply Is Almost Constant In My Area. Why? What Happened?? by Gentlemedi(m): 3:18pm On Aug 02, 2015
MizMyColi:
I don't know if a topic such as this has been discussed on here, but I'm piqued as to the reason I, and many others (I'm sure) now have almost constant power supply. Did NEPA (sic) forget where they usually switch off the light? (Pun intended).

I would like to glean from the insights of those who have first hand knowledge on what went wrong earlier, and what is going rightly this time.

Your views are welcome.
where?
Re: Power Supply Is Almost Constant In My Area. Why? What Happened?? by purplekayc(m): 3:21pm On Aug 02, 2015
MizMyColi:
I don't know if a topic such as this has been discussed on here, but I'm piqued as to the reason I, and many others (I'm sure) now have almost constant power supply. Did NEPA (sic) forget where they usually switch off the light? (Pun intended).

I would like to glean from the insights of those who have first hand knowledge on what went wrong earlier, and what is going rightly this time.

Your views are welcome.
wr do u stay?
Re: Power Supply Is Almost Constant In My Area. Why? What Happened?? by paooxide(m): 3:22pm On Aug 02, 2015
ECOTERRORS:
Maybe in the 97% places that voted PMB because there is a thread about blackout in Nsugbe Anambra state for the past two week
How does that concern Buhari.. Anambra state has a power distribution company, call them naa
Re: Power Supply Is Almost Constant In My Area. Why? What Happened?? by Nobody: 3:23pm On Aug 02, 2015
DAVEZONIGLTD:
People still argue about light grin as for me, I sold my gen set since 2011 @ least 20hrs light sure per day.

Woji PHC.

Hahha...Team Woji. ..The 10 litres of petrol I bought MONTHS ago is still there in the generator. The light situation around Woji has been fairly constant for years.

Nice meeting you here. Happy Sunday.

1 Like

Re: Power Supply Is Almost Constant In My Area. Why? What Happened?? by omojeesu(m): 3:24pm On Aug 02, 2015
MizMyColi:

Your views are welcome.

I had wanted to raise this on Nairaland. Good you've done so! Like you I'm just surprised. Interestingly, those in charge are not talking and we are left with speculations.

1. Kainji water level is high for more generation. Will wait till after the rains to test the veracity of this.
2. Past failure was sabotage to discredit Jonathan and his government.
3. Past failure was deliberate to arm twist us to pay more.
4. They've just put their acts together.
5. Fear of Buhari.
6. A combination of these and / or other reasons.

Some thi

2 Likes

Re: Power Supply Is Almost Constant In My Area. Why? What Happened?? by beloved23: 3:24pm On Aug 02, 2015
mployer:
It is normal for power generation to improve during rainy season. The water level in the dam is high resulting in higher power output.

enjoy it while it lasts, the party won't be long grin

Don't tell us say na fish dey inside Titus, we were there for five years of GEJ and rainy season no seize. Na fear of probe make things dey work abeg. When you have a president which body language doesn't tolerate corruption things fall in place without lifting a hand.

1 Like

Re: Power Supply Is Almost Constant In My Area. Why? What Happened?? by beloved23: 3:25pm On Aug 02, 2015
nkemjacob2:
same here we done dey get light o. Like say na abroad we dey. Na jonathan hand work b dis. No b PMB. Kudos to jonathan.

Lol. Na people like u dey make ur wife carry ur pickin go give another man.

1 Like

Re: Power Supply Is Almost Constant In My Area. Why? What Happened?? by murmee: 3:25pm On Aug 02, 2015
megaik:
Its Simply the Fear/anticipation of Probe in the power sector. Shottage of Gas has stopped. Corruption in the power section has reduced already even before they will be invited.
You are right. Nebo & Co were sabotaging the power sector by making sure the gas pipes were blown up frequently so as to share the billions of Naira for repairs. But I believe the power sector will be probed.
Re: Power Supply Is Almost Constant In My Area. Why? What Happened?? by KINGSNEEZE(m): 3:26pm On Aug 02, 2015
holatin:
Thank God one PDP mouthpiece is not only experiencing d change but talking about it.

PMB I believe
shut up and be reasonable, ur pmb have not even finish the sitting arrangements of his office not to talk of improving the power sector
Re: Power Supply Is Almost Constant In My Area. Why? What Happened?? by azidomedogo: 3:26pm On Aug 02, 2015
am also surprised angry
Re: Power Supply Is Almost Constant In My Area. Why? What Happened?? by uzolexis(f): 3:29pm On Aug 02, 2015
MizMyColi:

Your views are welcome.

So there's power supply in Ago? Thank God o
Re: Power Supply Is Almost Constant In My Area. Why? What Happened?? by Paulordiah(m): 3:30pm On Aug 02, 2015
abeg RAIN NO FALL DURING JONA TIME?
Re: Power Supply Is Almost Constant In My Area. Why? What Happened?? by Frankmiles: 3:36pm On Aug 02, 2015
not convinced
Re: Power Supply Is Almost Constant In My Area. Why? What Happened?? by Frankmiles: 3:37pm On Aug 02, 2015
don't jumb into conclusions yet!. . . .. . . tho i've also been enjoying up to 10 hours of power supply almost everyday. . . but i don't see any reason why i should be drunk with happiness, when some countries enjoy 24/7 power supply year in year out. . its our right!, don't be clouded by it
Re: Power Supply Is Almost Constant In My Area. Why? What Happened?? by kossyablaze(m): 3:37pm On Aug 02, 2015
ihesiuloa:

Some people are unfortunately full of sh*t making such unpleasant remarks on ones opinion! Who gave you the right to course? I'm sure that THUNDER may fall back on you if you don't reverse your statement quickly!
oya sorry

3 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

Dele Momodu And Wife, Mobolaji Celebrate 27th Wedding Anniversary (Pictures) / Peoples' Gazette Suspends Ayoola Babalola Who Posted Peter Obi & Oyedepo Call / "The Language Is Now Clear For Everyone To Understand" - Bashir Ahmad

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.