Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,753 members, 7,820,606 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:59 PM

Photos Of A Mighty Hippopotamus Caught In Gombe State Today - Agriculture (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Photos Of A Mighty Hippopotamus Caught In Gombe State Today (76032 Views)

Tuta Absoluta Destroys Tomatoes In Gombe 3 LGA / Soldiers Kill Hippopotamus In Gombe State / Photos Of A Hippopotamus Caught In Gombe State Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Photos Of A Mighty Hippopotamus Caught In Gombe State Today by MDJALO(m): 7:39pm On Aug 06, 2015
Oga police ooh waiting be diz
Re: Photos Of A Mighty Hippopotamus Caught In Gombe State Today by Philipsdael(m): 7:39pm On Aug 06, 2015
Rikidony:
POOR ANIMAL THOSE HUNGRY BAST.ARD WILL SOON FEAST ON IT.angry

every day endangered species are being killed,
nature will be angry with us if we don't allow future generations to see this animals. angry
Did our fore fathers allow us to see Dinasour, Dragon, flying horse etc ?
Matter of fact, we are happy for not seeing them Dragons... Preservation ma left azz.
Fry the marrafucker, eat the murraphucker !
#Where's my knife sef
Re: Photos Of A Mighty Hippopotamus Caught In Gombe State Today by abat4real37(f): 8:08pm On Aug 06, 2015
Cutehector:
The meat of hippopotamus is called what?
hipomeat
Re: Photos Of A Mighty Hippopotamus Caught In Gombe State Today by Smooyis(m): 8:09pm On Aug 06, 2015
Sabrwahaqqo:

No, It doesn't swim! Let's say it loves frolicking in water like the pig... Kinda
But even then it's still a mystery how how it manages not to get stucked in the quagmire.
Re: Photos Of A Mighty Hippopotamus Caught In Gombe State Today by Nobody: 8:38pm On Aug 06, 2015
Smooyis:

But even then it's still a mystery how how it manages not to get stucked in the quagmire.
Lol, really, everything is mystery.

1 Like

Re: Photos Of A Mighty Hippopotamus Caught In Gombe State Today by myrao(f): 9:20pm On Aug 06, 2015
conserve this keep that! ..we should stop deceiving ourselves...most of us have this mentality whatsoever that these animals descend from the sky....even wit all the conservations the Europeans practice... they still export their animal products... and are the highest exporters of groceries
Re: Photos Of A Mighty Hippopotamus Caught In Gombe State Today by ColeworldMD(m): 9:25pm On Aug 06, 2015
kITATITA:
What happens to conservation?

No really how many hippos do we have in Naija? Nigeria is so blessed too bad we have no regard for tourism! Go abroad you will miss many things we take for granted here! RIP Hippo!
Re: Photos Of A Mighty Hippopotamus Caught In Gombe State Today by Lachynos2k2(m): 9:36pm On Aug 06, 2015
dimexilux:
***singing*** H I P for the hip for the hippopo P O P O for the hippopo and T A M U S for the hippopotamus... HIPPOPOTAMUS!!!! gbam

RIP!!
the man on suit looks like glucose jonathan

1 Like

Re: Photos Of A Mighty Hippopotamus Caught In Gombe State Today by Gabrendo(m): 9:52pm On Aug 06, 2015
OMG ITS BIG!... Though i see lots of vegetarians here.
Re: Photos Of A Mighty Hippopotamus Caught In Gombe State Today by Nobody: 10:13pm On Aug 06, 2015
dimexilux:
***singing*** H I P for the hip for the hippopo P O P O for the hippopo and T A M U S for the hippopotamus... HIPPOPOTAMUS!!!! gbam

RIP!!

Lol
Re: Photos Of A Mighty Hippopotamus Caught In Gombe State Today by koppa(m): 10:25pm On Aug 06, 2015
dimexilux:

RIP!!

Bro ah don catch you today "NL Tweaking Dept"
Re: Photos Of A Mighty Hippopotamus Caught In Gombe State Today by dimexilux(m): 10:37pm On Aug 06, 2015
koppa:

Bro ah don catch you today "NL Tweaking Dept"
lol... u are also sighted bro
Re: Photos Of A Mighty Hippopotamus Caught In Gombe State Today by edward1984(m): 10:43pm On Aug 06, 2015
Dbboy:
WE DONT NEED TO KILL THIS ANIMAL.

Am with you. It was a wrong move.
Re: Photos Of A Mighty Hippopotamus Caught In Gombe State Today by moscyt(m): 10:48pm On Aug 06, 2015
kITATITA:
What happens to conservation?
Y'all will be shouting conservation here conservation there, when you see this mighty beast coming towards you with an intent to kill, will you stay there and do nothing all in the name of conservation? It was neva said that it the beast was killed in its habitat
Re: Photos Of A Mighty Hippopotamus Caught In Gombe State Today by edey2real: 12:28am On Aug 07, 2015
They are all supposed to be jailed for killing the animal without government permission.

I don't know what happened to wildlife, aquatic and forest laws in this country.
Re: Photos Of A Mighty Hippopotamus Caught In Gombe State Today by edey2real: 12:33am On Aug 07, 2015
myrao:
conserve this keep that! ..we should stop deceiving ourselves...most of us have this mentality whatsoever that these animals descend from the sky....even wit all the conservations the Europeans practice... they still export their animal products... and are the highest exporters of groceries

You may be right about Europeans killing wild animals but the fact remains that you don't just kill indiscriminately.

You need to have a license before you can kill a wild animal.

Even the conservationist do kill animals to balance the habitat. But it must be necessary.

1 Like

Re: Photos Of A Mighty Hippopotamus Caught In Gombe State Today by map5: 6:29am On Aug 07, 2015
So, we still have animal of this siz e in Nigeria.
Re: Photos Of A Mighty Hippopotamus Caught In Gombe State Today by thundafire: 7:19am On Aug 07, 2015
but to be fair dis neva prepared brains called aboki shldnt have killed it cs dy hippo is white and hardly cin in dy wild dy shld have captured it i wonder if it was only dy blacks in dis world der could ve bin no more meat or anything called game reserve cs all dy knw is eat
Re: Photos Of A Mighty Hippopotamus Caught In Gombe State Today by Nobody: 8:30am On Aug 07, 2015
Wow hippos are huge sad
Re: Photos Of A Mighty Hippopotamus Caught In Gombe State Today by koppa(m): 8:48am On Aug 07, 2015
LadyBoss1:
Wow hippos are huge sad
yeah,keep one as a pet though,you wanna see it?
Re: Photos Of A Mighty Hippopotamus Caught In Gombe State Today by Nobody: 9:15am On Aug 07, 2015
koppa:
yeah,keep one as a pet though,you wanna see it?
Lol no
Thought dey were like dangerous animals ..
Re: Photos Of A Mighty Hippopotamus Caught In Gombe State Today by koppa(m): 9:27am On Aug 07, 2015
LadyBoss1:

Lol no
Thought dey were like dangerous animals ..
lol...yeah,buh mine is well trained..they very dangerous sha...this is off the hook though,are you a Liverpool fan
Re: Photos Of A Mighty Hippopotamus Caught In Gombe State Today by grandstar(m): 10:25am On Aug 07, 2015
Rikidony:

so because them plenty any stray animal caught should be killed immediately angry

Did you not read it was terrorising them? Hipppos are more dreaded than lions in South Africa. It is a common complaint from people in the Benue river area.

Have faith in God. One day he will bring ruin to those ruining the earth (Rev 11:18)
Re: Photos Of A Mighty Hippopotamus Caught In Gombe State Today by Nobody: 11:03am On Aug 07, 2015
koppa:
lol...yeah,buh mine is well trained..they very dangerous sha...this is off the hook though,are you a Liverpool fan
Yup liverpool all day everyday grin
Re: Photos Of A Mighty Hippopotamus Caught In Gombe State Today by koppa(m): 11:05am On Aug 07, 2015
LadyBoss1:

Yup liverpool all day everyday grin
wow,finally meeting a first female kopite...that's lovely,do you use twitter
Re: Photos Of A Mighty Hippopotamus Caught In Gombe State Today by Nobody: 11:11am On Aug 07, 2015
koppa:
wow,finally meeting a first female kopite...that's lovely,do you use twitter

Ohhh no .. But u'll see me in sports section when season starts lol
Dis weekend whoop whoop
U see beneteke last goal .. Promising right wink
Re: Photos Of A Mighty Hippopotamus Caught In Gombe State Today by obodundo(m): 1:46pm On Aug 07, 2015
lots of hypocritical comments here. how would u react if ur child or sibling or friends announces dat he has applied to study wild life conservation or forestry at the uni. I bet you will be alarmed
so please, don't blame these poor farmers. the fault lies somewhere else......with the 'educated' folks like you and i
Re: Photos Of A Mighty Hippopotamus Caught In Gombe State Today by koppa(m): 1:51pm On Aug 07, 2015
LadyBoss1:

Ohhh no .. But u'll see me in sports section when season starts lol
Dis weekend whoop whoop
U see beneteke last goal .. Promising right wink
yeah,good technicality to that,been no player that can score that since Suarez had gone,let's not derail,season gonna be interesting
Re: Photos Of A Mighty Hippopotamus Caught In Gombe State Today by Baroba(m): 2:27pm On Aug 07, 2015
myrao:

What are you talking about? I don't see Europeans exporting their wildlife, if you mean livestock, that's entirely different. They have an advanced system of animal husbandry whereby livestock are mass produced in large numbers, they can afford to export these animals or their by products for profit without even a dent in their stock..
Re: Photos Of A Mighty Hippopotamus Caught In Gombe State Today by Sagamite(m): 2:08pm On Aug 08, 2015
Good they already asked for permission before killing it.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/08/how-hippopotamus-meat-was-shared-in-gombe/
Re: Photos Of A Mighty Hippopotamus Caught In Gombe State Today by dazzlingd(m): 7:59pm On Aug 08, 2015
animals killing innocent animals, barbaric stone age blacks
Re: Photos Of A Mighty Hippopotamus Caught In Gombe State Today by Preprobiotics: 11:34pm On Jun 25, 2017
Molasses and Lactobacillus Serum for Livestock, Poultry and Home Use
Undiluted Organic Molasses for Strong Nutritional Value with many Health Benefits. Lactobachillus a Superb Growth Booster for Livestock, Poultry and Fish Farming, Also an effective Foul ODOUR Removal for Farms, Households, Dust Bins,Sewage, etc.
Call: 08121790440
Price from =N=1,500

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Please Help! My Chicks Legs Are Getting Bent Day By Day!! / I Found Multiple Pythons On My Farm (Photos) / BECOME MILLIONAIRES THROUGH EDIBLE MUSHROOM CULTIVATION AND SPAWN PRODUCTION

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.