Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,086 members, 7,818,258 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:20 AM

Buying Her A Phone: Does That Makes Me A Mugun? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Buying Her A Phone: Does That Makes Me A Mugun? (3421 Views)

Just Looking At Him Makes Me Wet(pics) / Things Your Spouse Does That You Dislike / When A Girl Bites Her Lower Lips What Does That Mean? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buying Her A Phone: Does That Makes Me A Mugun? by 9iceX(m): 10:38am On Mar 21, 2009
I met this girl 2 months ago and now i just got her a brand new phone. I told her my intention of getting her a phone b4 i bought it, and her response is that she doesn't need a phone now. I got worried cos she's a kinda indoor girl who needed a phone to control her movement so went ahead to get the phone. She refuses at first, but later accepted it after lots of pestering.
Now, my friends told me i am a MUGUN for buying a woman a phone, am i?
Re: Buying Her A Phone: Does That Makes Me A Mugun? by patwhizkid(f): 10:42am On Mar 21, 2009
Yes u are a mugu.
Re: Buying Her A Phone: Does That Makes Me A Mugun? by Loudspeeka(m): 10:48am On Mar 21, 2009
Nope U ain't Broda. Stay tite. U only become 1 when demands for recharge cards comes
Re: Buying Her A Phone: Does That Makes Me A Mugun? by 9iceX(m): 11:02am On Mar 21, 2009
If Nairalanders could say i am a mugun, then i believe i am, But can u tell me how i became a mugun or what exactly is wrong in buying someone u love a phone?
Re: Buying Her A Phone: Does That Makes Me A Mugun? by 9iceX(m): 11:04am On Mar 21, 2009
If Nairalanders could say i am a mugun, then i believe i am, But can u tell me how i became a mugun or what exactly is wrong in buying someone u love a phone?
Re: Buying Her A Phone: Does That Makes Me A Mugun? by 9iceX(m): 11:07am On Mar 21, 2009
Re: Buying Her A Phone: Does That Makes Me A Mugun? by cvibe: 11:08am On Mar 21, 2009
@ poster

Forcing a gift on your girl will not necessarily translate into love.  Cos what i see is that you're trying to buy her  loyalty.
Re: Buying Her A Phone: Does That Makes Me A Mugun? by touchmeder: 11:09am On Mar 21, 2009
If Nairalanders could say i am a mugun, then i believe i am

u got her a phone not cos she asked for one but cos you wanted to keep in touch with her as often as possible abi?
2months seems like a pretty short time to me but then again na u dey the relationship and na u sabi wetin sweet you
but then again your friends dont have to tell u if ure a mugu and u dont have to look for validation on naira land
be strong my brother when you make decisions, me thinks u are exhibiting a case of low self esteem.
Re: Buying Her A Phone: Does That Makes Me A Mugun? by mecussey(m): 11:12am On Mar 21, 2009
You could have allowed her to love you back first before buying her a phone; the phone you bought for her now won't change her feelings for you, you may be a mugun in the end.
Re: Buying Her A Phone: Does That Makes Me A Mugun? by CrazyMan(m): 11:21am On Mar 21, 2009
9iceX:

I met this girl 2 months ago and now i just got her a brand new phone. I told her my intention of getting her a phone b4 i bought it, and her response is that she doesn't need a phone now. I got worried cos she's a kinda indoor girl who needed a phone to control her movement so went ahead to get the phone. She refuses at first, but later accepted it after lots of pestering.
Now, my friends told me i am a MUGUN for buying a woman a phone, am i?
I think you’re a mugu.

Give her one month and you’ll be surprised by the kind of romantic text messages she’ll be receiving from other guys; and believe me, you won’t be able to do anything about it.

Or would you collect your phone back from her?
Re: Buying Her A Phone: Does That Makes Me A Mugun? by Archilles(m): 11:23am On Mar 21, 2009
9iceX:

Someone u love? Thought u said u met the gal 2 months ago? Buying a gal u love a phone doesnt mean u r a mugu, infact a guy is bound to buy a phone (and more expensive items) for the gal he lives if they date long enof. But to buy one after just 2 months and u have to plead before she collect, huh undecided . Well, just know since u forced her to have the phone, then you are forced to ensure it doesnt lack call credit. Then, you will answer for urself whether u r a mugu or not.  grin grin cool

PS: That girl must be an angel, a naija babe rejected a new phone (even if na nokia 3310) and had to be begged to collect it?  shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Buying Her A Phone: Does That Makes Me A Mugun? by Czarskit(m): 11:24am On Mar 21, 2009
Yes! U are a Certified Mugu! First Class Mugu. . . I wish I were a gal & u were my boyfriend. Abi can u buy me a phone without loffing me? Oní ranu. . . tongue
Re: Buying Her A Phone: Does That Makes Me A Mugun? by touchmeder: 11:58am On Mar 21, 2009
PS: That girl must be an angel, a naija babe rejected a new phone (even if na nokia 3310) and had to be begged to collect it? Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

HAHAHA 2 FUNNY NAIJA GIRL DON SUFFER
Re: Buying Her A Phone: Does That Makes Me A Mugun? by ikmoore2(m): 12:12pm On Mar 21, 2009
my man u are a mugu when u keep donating to girl that do not cherish u.
forcing her to to collect the phone shows that she does feel anything for u or that u are practically forcing  her to love u or trying to buy her love over. see it does not work that way.

what u have achieved in doing is to open free access for other guys to  woo her and she will continue giving out her number and the calls will keep coming and by then u cant do anything about it.

mind u that u will be the one to keep buying the recharge card.

so tell if u are a mugu or not?

infact, i certify u the 1st class mugu!!!!!

ekwu chelem, gbam!!!!!!!
ndi igbo ibem kwe nu, kwe nu, kwe zuo nu ooooo!!!!!

biko kam juo, nwoke obu nwa afo igbo, ka obu onye ofe mmanu?  na uche nkem obu onye ofe mmanu!

ndi igbo ibem, obu ako na uche ka eji agba 190!!!!!!!
Re: Buying Her A Phone: Does That Makes Me A Mugun? by tpia6: 3:20am On Jan 17, 2011
Re: Buying Her A Phone: Does That Makes Me A Mugun? by seedord247(m): 4:38am On Jan 17, 2011
I don't think the phone you gave her fall on this range, Nokia n97, n900, BB bold1 and Bold 2 or 3. BB storm1 or storm2, Sony Xperia. I bet you if were to be one of this phones dem no born am well make she reject am.
Re: Buying Her A Phone: Does That Makes Me A Mugun? by Mobinga: 5:08am On Jan 17, 2011
Shame on you! Big Mugu!! angry
Re: Buying Her A Phone: Does That Makes Me A Mugun? by queensmith: 5:12am On Jan 17, 2011
You bought her a phone to control her? that makes you possesive not a mugun

no buying your gf a present doesnt make you a maga, but youve only been dating for 2 months. . . . . how expensive was the phone? how rich are you?
Re: Buying Her A Phone: Does That Makes Me A Mugun? by Nobody: 5:13am On Jan 17, 2011
No, you are just a man who likes to please his woman. Just be careful hon, some women will take advantage. Give gifts but make sure it does NO INVOLVE RUINING YOUR FINANCIAL CREDIT!!!!!  

Sharrap Mobinga! LOL be nice sweetie.
Re: Buying Her A Phone: Does That Makes Me A Mugun? by Mobinga: 5:16am On Jan 17, 2011
^^^ kiss kiss kiss cool kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss

World Record grin
Re: Buying Her A Phone: Does That Makes Me A Mugun? by Nobody: 5:25am On Jan 17, 2011
^^^BEATEN! grin wink wink wink wink wink wink wink wink wink wink wink wink wink wink wink wink wink wink wink wink wink wink wink wink wink wink kiss kiss wink wink wink wink wink wink wink wink wink wink wink wink wink wink wink wink wink wink wink wink wink wink wink wink wink wink wink wink wink wink grin grin grin grin
Re: Buying Her A Phone: Does That Makes Me A Mugun? by Nobody: 9:33am On Jan 17, 2011
MzD@rkSkin:

[color=#0055bb]No, you are just a man who likes to please his woman. Just be careful hon, some women will take advantage. Give gifts but make sure it does NO INVOLVE RUINING YOUR FINANCIAL CREDIT!!!!!  

To me u aint a mugu but if u believe u r one since NLers have called u that then you are.
I see you as a very caring man who is trying to please his woman and not buying her loyalty like someone said.
For the fact that she is an indoor girl, u need to communicate with eachother and the only way to do that is by calling her on the fone since she doesnt like to go out.
I dont think u bought the fone to monitor her movement.
She didnt demand for it in the first place, u insisted to buy it for her. she may be a shy and a type that nothing freaks girl thats y she rejected it the first time but whn u persuaded her she collected it. It isnot every lady that likes to collect things from men.
Re: Buying Her A Phone: Does That Makes Me A Mugun? by Omolola1(f): 10:07am On Jan 17, 2011
I will only call you a mugu when i know the type of phone u bought within 2 months. . .
Re: Buying Her A Phone: Does That Makes Me A Mugun? by Wislet(f): 10:47am On Jan 17, 2011
ik_moore2:

my man u are a mugu when u keep donating to girl that do not cherish u.
forcing her to to collect the phone shows that she does feel anything for u or that u are practically forcing  her to love u or trying to buy her love over. see it does not work that way.

what u have achieved in doing is to open free access for other guys to  woo her and she will continue giving out her number and the calls will keep coming and by then u cant do anything about it.

mind u that u will be the one to keep buying the recharge card.

so tell if u are a mugu or not?

infact, i certify u the 1st class mugu!!!!!

ekwu chelem, gbam!!!!!!!
ndi igbo ibem kwe nu, kwe nu, kwe zuo nu ooooo!!!!!

biko kam juo, nwoke obu nwa afo igbo, ka obu onye ofe mmanu?  na uche nkem obu onye ofe mmanu!

ndi igbo ibem, obu ako na uche ka eji agba 190!!!!!!!

kai! nwanne m, emerukwala mmadu ahu ebe a. Ha ha ha ha ha ha. Eziokwu, ya buru nwa afo, o di mma ipia utari ka ako n'uche ya biaghachi. Lol
Re: Buying Her A Phone: Does That Makes Me A Mugun? by delicious1(m): 11:33am On Jan 17, 2011
She said she didn't need a new phone, yet you went ahead to buy her one.
What's up with that, cause that don't translate into her loving you more -hope you know that.
Re: Buying Her A Phone: Does That Makes Me A Mugun? by SALady(f): 11:37am On Jan 17, 2011
@Poster, Nothing wrong with that, you offered since you felt she needs it. It may also make communication in your relationship easy and fun. Now comes the maintenance Good Luck!!!
Re: Buying Her A Phone: Does That Makes Me A Mugun? by kimbrown: 11:41am On Jan 17, 2011
guy !!!!!!
why will u compel a girl with gift she doesn't want,
Re: Buying Her A Phone: Does That Makes Me A Mugun? by zionmmv: 12:18pm On Jan 17, 2011
Yes you are a MUGU.This is the problem with SOME naija men.When you are expected to be a LOVER,you turn into a PROVIDER.There is a huge difference between being a lover and a provider.She wants you to be a Lover,and NO,Just like a typical naija man,you end up buying her phone to win her love.It doesn't work.Now that you have become a provider,that is how you will roll except you make a detour and start being a LOVER,Else she wil leave you when a lover comes in.
Re: Buying Her A Phone: Does That Makes Me A Mugun? by watergate(m): 12:30pm On Jan 17, 2011
Passing, cool
Re: Buying Her A Phone: Does That Makes Me A Mugun? by DaddyBen009: 10:26am On Feb 12, 2020
zionmmv:
Yes you are a MUGU.This is the problem with SOME naija men.When you are expected to be a LOVER,you turn into a PROVIDER.There is a huge difference between being a lover and a provider.She wants you to be a Lover,and NO,Just like a typical naija man,you end up buying her phone to win her love.It doesn't work.Now that you have become a provider,that is how you will roll except you make a detour and start being a LOVER,Else she wil leave you when a lover comes in.
Typically me, promised her a phone, got it already but we only met a week ago and I feel like I’m about to be used though but I CARE more about not being used to loving her. How do I bargain the phone for a longer period to know I’m not being used?
Be candid.

(1) (Reply)

Living Together Before Marriage– A Good Idea? / My Pain / Am I Being Foolish Or Just Calm ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.