Stats: 3,160,531 members, 7,843,639 topics. Date: Wednesday, 29 May 2024 at 09:09 AM

Is It Wrong To Marry Your Cousin? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is It Wrong To Marry Your Cousin? (3804 Views)

If You Knew What You Know Now, Would You Marry Your Spouse? / Is It Wrong To Stay In Your Own Lane When Newly Married? / Guy Shares Pics With Cousin & People Are Reacting With The Way He Is Holding Her (2) (3) (4)

Re: Is It Wrong To Marry Your Cousin? by zinachidi(m): 10:13pm On Aug 07, 2015
freecocoa:
Well, where I come from, it is not acceptable but I don't know if there's really anything wrong with that. I hve seen cousins marry and they are fine.
same here,, its not allowed in my homettown, buh i'm yet to see anything bad
Re: Is It Wrong To Marry Your Cousin? by Nobody: 10:14pm On Aug 07, 2015
MrsPhyno:

Ahswear
What's wrong with people these days
Tufia
End time things my sister. .. Every wrong thing has turned normal. ..

Someone else opened a thread few days ago asking if fornication is a sin....

Re: Is It Wrong To Marry Your Cousin? by zinachidi(m): 10:16pm On Aug 07, 2015
charlito94:
Well from my legal knowlegd of statutory position d marriage will be void n by customary it is wrong to marry from dsame consanguinity
lol, ok bros,, dis ur english hard me grab oo..grin
Re: Is It Wrong To Marry Your Cousin? by zinachidi(m): 10:18pm On Aug 07, 2015
DollyParton1:
the child of your cousin is not ur distant cousin.
oh, ok thanks
Re: Is It Wrong To Marry Your Cousin? by zinachidi(m): 10:19pm On Aug 07, 2015
DollyParton1:
Dang!!!! No more fine and responsibile guys around? Why do I wanna be banging my cousin? my cousin is like my brother.
love is blind u know, u'd be surprisedgrin
Re: Is It Wrong To Marry Your Cousin? by zinachidi(m): 10:22pm On Aug 07, 2015
aaronson:
shout out to people whom their destiny is written in pages of the bible.

The bible also said "stone you children" Dueteronomy 21:18-21

Have you obeyed your bible?
food for thought bro..
Re: Is It Wrong To Marry Your Cousin? by zinachidi(m): 10:24pm On Aug 07, 2015
MarvellousGod:

end time Why is it wrong, thats just what i want to know,,
Re: Is It Wrong To Marry Your Cousin? by Nobody: 10:25pm On Aug 07, 2015
MarvellousGod:

Dey are very sick
Re: Is It Wrong To Marry Your Cousin? by Nobody: 10:25pm On Aug 07, 2015
zinachidi:
love is blind u know, u'd be surprisedgrin
Ehhhhh?
Chimooooooo
Re: Is It Wrong To Marry Your Cousin? by gidjah(m): 10:29pm On Aug 07, 2015
Really do not think anything is wong wit this o, some part of nig do same, let us evn ask our selves who a cousin really is, it is even practiced in d north,can we condem those doing it? Who be u to do dat?even in d bible sef,it is done for preservative puposes na
Re: Is It Wrong To Marry Your Cousin? by Nobody: 10:31pm On Aug 07, 2015
zinachidi:
end time Why is it wrong, thats just what i want to know,,
Your cousin is your relative hence part of your family. The thought of it is even nauseating...

Na you sabi abeg, I wan sleep. ..
Re: Is It Wrong To Marry Your Cousin? by zinachidi(m): 10:53pm On Aug 07, 2015
MarvellousGod:
Your cousin is your relative hence part of your family. The thought of it is even nauseating...

Na you sabi abeg, I wan sleep. ..
ok,, goodnight,,
Re: Is It Wrong To Marry Your Cousin? by rezzy: 1:29am On Aug 08, 2015
My husband and I discussed this 2 days ago.

I can't because I see them as my brothers. We even look alike.

I think the Bible forbids it.

Fourth cousins can get married but not first cousin.

It's practiced in the North.
Re: Is It Wrong To Marry Your Cousin? by DollyParton1(f): 8:19am On Aug 08, 2015
rezzy:

Exactly!!!
With the kind of family I come, we all look alike on my paternal side.

How will I be boinking someone that looks like my brother. Life is hard yea, but not this hard.
Re: Is It Wrong To Marry Your Cousin? by Nobody: 8:24am On Aug 08, 2015
zinachidi:
ok,, goodnight,,
I don wake cheesy

So you'll allow your kids marry your brother's or sister's kids?
Also, with this development cousins wouldn't be so free visiting uncles/aunts knowing they can do anything with their cousins. ....
Re: Is It Wrong To Marry Your Cousin? by zinachidi(m): 8:28am On Aug 08, 2015
rezzy:

I think the Bible forbids it.

Fourth cousins can get married but not first cousin.

It's practiced in the North.
and ur hubby didnt see anything wrong with it right?
Re: Is It Wrong To Marry Your Cousin? by zinachidi(m): 8:30am On Aug 08, 2015
DollyParton1:

Life is hard yea, but not this hard.
lol, i like this part.., buh what if u guys didnt look alike,, would u?? I understand ur concern about u guys resemblance though.. Buh if u didnt
Re: Is It Wrong To Marry Your Cousin? by zinachidi(m): 8:32am On Aug 08, 2015
MarvellousGod:
I don wake cheesy

Also, with this development cousins wouldn't be so free visiting uncles/aunts knowing they can do anything with their cousins. ....
i would,, thats if they wanna get married, buh i dunno if my sister/brother would allow his child to,, i'm not sure they share my views on this...

Good morning oocheesy, and hope u slept well..

Re: Is It Wrong To Marry Your Cousin? by DollyParton1(f): 8:44am On Aug 08, 2015
zinachidi:
lol, i like this part.., buh what if u guys didnt look alike,, would u?? I understand ur concern about u guys resemblance though.. Buh if u didnt

No way!!!
Incest!!!
My cousin is my brother. We share some blood.
Re: Is It Wrong To Marry Your Cousin? by Nobody: 8:48am On Aug 08, 2015
zinachidi:
i would,, thats if they wanna get married, buh i dunno if my sister/brother would allow his child to,, i'm not sure they share my views on this...

Good morning oocheesy, and hope u slept well..
hmmmmmm, issorait...

Good morning to you too... Yeah, I slept so well, hope you did too?
Re: Is It Wrong To Marry Your Cousin? by rezzy: 8:52am On Aug 08, 2015
zinachidi:
and ur hubby didnt see anything wrong with it right?

At first, he was arguing that nothing was wrong with it. So I asked him, you grew up with your father's elder brother, can you marry any of his daughters?

He said NO, they are my sisters naa. (Maybe he didn't remember what cousin is again.)
Re: Is It Wrong To Marry Your Cousin? by Trottle: 8:52am On Aug 08, 2015
Depends on where you come from. some region, its wrong. others acceptable. So nobody should wholly say its wrong or right, as it depends on what is acceptable to you!
Re: Is It Wrong To Marry Your Cousin? by DollyParton1(f): 8:53am On Aug 08, 2015
MarvellousGod:
I don wake cheesy

lol.... my friend who is of Sri-Lanka origin gave me a gist of how two of her paternal cousins ended up falling in love and marrying each other. According to her, all the cousins used to be free with each other before then , they saw each other as brothers and sisters. But those two cousins ruined it for them. Things became awkward between everyone. In her own words "It is still very disturbing that all those hugs and sitting on each others laps that we assumed was innocent among us was actually not innocent. The day they came out with their relationship was the day those unnecessary physical contacts came to an end among us. Because it was and it is still disturbing that they took it further"
And I did relate with what she said. .
Re: Is It Wrong To Marry Your Cousin? by zinachidi(m): 11:13am On Aug 08, 2015
DollyParton1:

No way!!!
Incest!!!
My cousin is my brother. We share some blood.
lol,, incesst kwa,, haha,, buh is ur cousin really your blood??
Re: Is It Wrong To Marry Your Cousin? by zinachidi(m): 11:14am On Aug 08, 2015
MarvellousGod:
hmmmmmm, issorait...

Good morning to you too... Yeah, I slept so well, hope you did too?
yup,, thank you anyways, ur thoughts on this have been quite helpful..
Re: Is It Wrong To Marry Your Cousin? by zinachidi(m): 11:15am On Aug 08, 2015
rezzy:

At first, he was arguing that nothing was wrong with it. So I asked him, you grew up with your father's elder brother, can you marry any of his daughters?

He said NO, they are my sisters naa. (Maybe he didn't remember what cousin is again.)

lol,, he wasnt standing firm on his point i guess...
Re: Is It Wrong To Marry Your Cousin? by zinachidi(m): 11:16am On Aug 08, 2015
Trottle:
Depends on where you come from. some region, its wrong. others acceptable. So nobody should wholly say its wrong or right, as it depends on what is acceptable to you!
thank you for that bro,, its relative,,..

Re: Is It Wrong To Marry Your Cousin? by zinachidi(m): 11:18am On Aug 08, 2015
DollyParton1:

lol.... my friend who is of Sri-Lanka origin gave me a gist of how two of her paternal cousins ended up falling in love and marrying each other. According to her, all the cousins used to be free with each other before then , they saw each other as brothers and sisters. But those two cousins ruined it for them. Things became awkward between everyone. In her own words "It is still very disturbing that all those hugs and sitting on each others laps that we assumed was innocent among us was actually not innocent. The day they came out with their relationship was the day those unnecessary physical contacts came to an end among us. Because it was and it is still disturbing that they took it further"
lol..me too,, though, i must admit marrying ur cuz may sound weird, buh i dont think its that wrong...
Re: Is It Wrong To Marry Your Cousin? by Nobody: 12:10pm On Aug 08, 2015
Medically,it is not advice able, nobody will like a situation whereby a stupid and sickly recessive gene meet another generationally stupid gene to produce a being full of dorminant genetic abnormalities and hereditary diseases.

Marrying someone far off from the family tree ensures that sickly recessive genes remains so, thereby reducing all this genetic and hereditary disease.

Wonder how cousins with AS genotypes running amok in their family will FALL IN LOVE AND CONTEMPLATE MARRIAGE without cringing on the thought of having an SS child, talk more of diabetes, hypertension, and the imbeciles of klinefelter's ,Turner's and Downs syndrome.

You can fu=©k whomever you want and can FALL IN LOVE with your sister but do not bring into the world a walking encyclopedia of genetic malformations as a result.

Re: Is It Wrong To Marry Your Cousin? by zinachidi(m): 12:21pm On Aug 08, 2015
LadyFiona:
Medically,it is not advice able, nobody will like a situation whereby a stupid and sickly recessive gene meet another generationally stupid gene to produce a being full of dorminant genetic abnormalities and hereditary diseases.

Marrying someone far off from the family tree ensures that sickly recessive genes remains so, thereby reducing all this genetic and hereditary disease.

Wonder how cousins with AS genotypes running amok in their family will FALL IN LOVE AND CONTEMPLATE MARRIAGE without cringing on the thought of having an SS child, talk more of diabetes, hypertension, and the imbeciles of klinefelter's ,Turner's and Downs syndrome.

You can fu=©k whomever you want and can FALL IN LOVE with your sister but do not bring into the world a walking encyclopedia of genetic malformations as a result.
hahaha,, ya, medically u have a point there,, really..

Re: Is It Wrong To Marry Your Cousin? by Nobody: 1:23pm On Aug 08, 2015
DollyParton1:

My dear, you don talk am finish... if such is allowed then everyone will so cautious among his relatives. ...

Re: Is It Wrong To Marry Your Cousin? by zinachidi(m): 1:39pm On Aug 08, 2015
MarvellousGod:
My dear, you don talk am finish... if such is allowed then everyone will so cautious among his relatives. ...
cautious how,, kindly explain further to me...

Mum Dresses Daughter In The Attire Of A Native Doctor To Celebrate Her Birthday / My Wife’s Salary Was A Mystery Until I Discovered How Much She’s Truly Worth / Were You Ever Fed In This manner? See the Picture..