Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,530 members, 7,843,635 topics. Date: Wednesday, 29 May 2024 at 09:04 AM

Is It Wrong To Marry Your Cousin? - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is It Wrong To Marry Your Cousin? (3803 Views)

If You Knew What You Know Now, Would You Marry Your Spouse? / Is It Wrong To Stay In Your Own Lane When Newly Married? / Guy Shares Pics With Cousin & People Are Reacting With The Way He Is Holding Her (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Wrong To Marry Your Cousin? by DollyParton1(f): 2:36pm On Aug 08, 2015
zinachidi:
lol,, incesst kwa,, haha,, buh is ur cousin really your blood??

My cousin is a child of one of my parent's siblings who happen to share same blood.
This cousin gets to inherit some 50% of his genetic composition from my Aunty or Uncle. Along the line, we end up sharing some genes.
Re: Is It Wrong To Marry Your Cousin? by zinachidi(m): 3:56pm On Aug 08, 2015
DollyParton1:

My cousin is a child of one of my parent's siblings who happen to share same blood.
This cousin gets to inherit some 50% of his genetic composition from my Aunty or Uncle. Along the line, we end up sharing some genes.
lol,, this your theory shaa,,,.. Maybe right though..
Re: Is It Wrong To Marry Your Cousin? by AskProf: 4:29pm On Aug 08, 2015
zinachidi:
please, there is an argument on this topic, and i really need ur candid opinion...

I went for a wedding where the bride is the maternal cousin to the groom...

I didnt see anything wrong with it, cos me personally, i dont see my cousins as my blood, just my relatives...(i may be wrong, buh its my view anyways..)..

buh most people were really against it,, saying marrying your cousin is an abomination and all that crap,,

So, my people, i bring this to you guys, maybe i can get a clear explanation here... What are your views on this??

Is marrying your cousin wrong??

Cheers.

Are their parents, uncles & aunts still alive?

Who gave out the bride to the groom?

Who officiated: a priest, a pastor, a babalawo or " Barr Francis"?
Re: Is It Wrong To Marry Your Cousin? by DollyParton1(f): 7:29pm On Aug 08, 2015
zinachidi:
lol,, this your theory shaa,,,.. Maybe right though..

Definitely right. Its my field.
Re: Is It Wrong To Marry Your Cousin? by zinachidi(m): 5:42am On Aug 09, 2015
AskProf:

Are their parents, uncles & aunts still alive?

Who gave out the bride to the groom?

Who officiated: a priest, a pastor, a babalawo or " Barr Francis"?
lol,,,.. Lemme sheephisly answer ur questions then,,

1)yes they are
2)the father of the bride
3)a pastor..

grin

So back to the question, is it right?
Re: Is It Wrong To Marry Your Cousin? by zinachidi(m): 5:45am On Aug 09, 2015
DollyParton1:

oh right, i thought as much
Re: Is It Wrong To Marry Your Cousin? by zinachidi(m): 5:46am On Aug 09, 2015
DollyParton1:

oh right, i thought as much, nice
Re: Is It Wrong To Marry Your Cousin? by PenAndPaper: 5:54am On Aug 09, 2015
In the modern world, there is a very thin line between good and bad.

So on this topic I believe it isn't right morally, to me they are blood relations.

In the north anyway, it is not rare to see this happen.
Re: Is It Wrong To Marry Your Cousin? by zinachidi(m): 8:50am On Aug 09, 2015
PenAndPaper:
In the modern world, there is a very thin line between good and bad.

So on this topic I believe it isn't right morally, to me they are blood relations.

In the north anyway, it is not rare to see this happen.
oh, ok, thanks for dat, this is kinda, d best explanation i've seen... Buh is ur maternal cousin ur blood too?
Re: Is It Wrong To Marry Your Cousin? by tiredface: 10:18am On Aug 09, 2015
IT WILL BE EARTHNOCENTRIC TO CALL IT WRONG, PERIOD. NO ONE CAN SAY IT'S GENERALLY WRONG BECAUSE IT MAYBE WRONG FOR SOME CULTURAL BUT ACCEPTABILE TO OTHERS. DON'T DO IT IF YOUR CULTURE DO NOT ACCEPT IT BUT DON'T COMDEMN OTHERS THAT DO
Re: Is It Wrong To Marry Your Cousin? by zinachidi(m): 10:29am On Aug 09, 2015
tiredface:
IT WILL BE EARTHNOCENTRIC TO CALL IT WRONG, PERIOD. NO ONE CAN SAY IT'S GENERALLY WRONG BECAUSE IT MAYBE WRONG FOR SOME CULTURAL BUT ACCEPTABILE TO OTHERS. DON'T DO IT IF YOUR CULTURE DO NOT ACCEPT IT BUT DON'T COMDEMN OTHERS THAT DO
u made a nice point there bruh... Though i dunno what earthnocentric means..grin
Re: Is It Wrong To Marry Your Cousin? by PenAndPaper: 11:10am On Aug 09, 2015
zinachidi:
oh, ok, thanks for dat, this is kinda, d best explanation i've seen... Buh is ur maternal cousin ur blood too?
Your mum's blood runs in your veins... The same blood runs in her siblings children's veins.... Get the drift?
My opinion though
Re: Is It Wrong To Marry Your Cousin? by zinachidi(m): 11:35am On Aug 09, 2015
PenAndPaper:

Your mum's blood runs in your veins... The same blood runs in her siblings children's veins.... Get the drift?
My opinion though
ya, i think i do,,

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Mum Dresses Daughter In The Attire Of A Native Doctor To Celebrate Her Birthday / My Wife’s Salary Was A Mystery Until I Discovered How Much She’s Truly Worth / Were You Ever Fed In This manner? See the Picture..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.