Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,352 members, 7,815,729 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:19 PM

Swear If You Never Did This: Why Then Beating Ur Kid For It? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Swear If You Never Did This: Why Then Beating Ur Kid For It? (41148 Views)

Beating Ur Woman Dont Mean You Dont Love Her / I'm About Losing The Man I Love And Being Pressured To Marry The One I Never Did / Would U Still Amass Wealth For Ur Kid In Dis Century (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Swear If You Never Did This: Why Then Beating Ur Kid For It? by Freegift75: 7:11pm On Aug 07, 2015
Let us be sincere with ourselves! I was privileged to be present at an occasion where Prof Wole Soyinka gave speech and made reference to the years he was running in the rain rolling motor cycle's tyre with a stick.

He was trying to convince parents not to deprive their kids of their childhood privileges. He then tasked the audience to swear if they never did such while young. He said most parents of this end time generation never allow their kids but to be caged indoor from Jan to Dec.

What about you, SWEAR

― If you didn't kill earthworm with salt.
― If you didn't play rubber band.
― If you never bathed in the rain.
― If nobody told you about India vs Nigeria 99-1.
― If you didn't sleep on the couch and wake up on. the bed
― if u didn't throw your milk tooth on the roof for. the lizards to take it and give you new ones.
― If you didn't just wash your hands and legs instead of bathing when going to school.
― If you didn't act film in uncompleted building or
under bed with friends.
― If you never flew a kite.
- If you didn't use ur two legs to build houses with sand.
- If u didn't write ur name on paper and insert it into ur pen so that no one will steal it.
- If u didn't close d fridge door really slowly to see when d lights went off.
- If u neva waved @ white birds expectin ur nails to b
whiter
- If u didn't drive a single car Tyre with a stick and called it ur car!
- If u didnt mix garri n sugar in ur pocket and eat while walking in the street.
- If u never did mama and papa play i.e. cookin grass nd sand witout fire.
- If you didn't play table soccer. with bottle cover.....
.....then I guess ur Childhood wasn't fun!

Oya choose which one u do

Do you knw its not jangilova epo motor?
it is JINGLE OVER LIKE A MOTOR!!
I bet u didn't knw. Don't be shy, I didn't know either until now.

I am sure 99.9 % of adults that grew up in Nigeria dnt knw dat d nursery rhyme "sandalili sandalili" is actually "standard living standard living". I knw u
are singing it now again, smiles ***

295 Likes 44 Shares

Re: Swear If You Never Did This: Why Then Beating Ur Kid For It? by Nobody: 7:13pm On Aug 07, 2015
gringringringringrin

13 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Swear If You Never Did This: Why Then Beating Ur Kid For It? by slimzy28(m): 7:16pm On Aug 07, 2015
Lolz

6 Likes

Re: Swear If You Never Did This: Why Then Beating Ur Kid For It? by Nobody: 7:16pm On Aug 07, 2015
lipsrsealed
Re: Swear If You Never Did This: Why Then Beating Ur Kid For It? by icekream(m): 7:24pm On Aug 07, 2015
I did all grin grin
And i'v made a promise my kids won't attend any damn summer coaching... Dats y I love ma mum, my 3rd teem holidays were meant for ma hometown. This generation is all about books: no outdoor fun at all

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Swear If You Never Did This: Why Then Beating Ur Kid For It? by Bashirfuntua(m): 7:27pm On Aug 07, 2015
Especially the closing of fridge 99% of the world kids are guilty of this

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Swear If You Never Did This: Why Then Beating Ur Kid For It? by CreamyAutos(m): 7:31pm On Aug 07, 2015
I did all and really missed the good old days

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Swear If You Never Did This: Why Then Beating Ur Kid For It? by ORACLE1975(m): 7:43pm On Aug 07, 2015
minus me
Re: Swear If You Never Did This: Why Then Beating Ur Kid For It? by miqos02(m): 7:45pm On Aug 07, 2015
I flew kites

4 Likes

Re: Swear If You Never Did This: Why Then Beating Ur Kid For It? by sinkhole: 8:28pm On Aug 07, 2015
This OP, na real bad person grin I did absolutely all of them! I was actually frantically looking for the one I did not do, but alas, no success! But that india vs nigeria 99 - 1 thing, I did not really believed it o, but I was at the same time confused because thruly India could not be seen at world cup or any major football event!
jangirova epo moto grin

40 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Swear If You Never Did This: Why Then Beating Ur Kid For It? by tope3x(m): 8:34pm On Aug 07, 2015
Oh...I did all too...smiling now

4 Likes

Re: Swear If You Never Did This: Why Then Beating Ur Kid For It? by Ginaz(f): 9:49pm On Aug 07, 2015
there was this one I did, I and my little friends would go to the ponds and try to catch small frogs and put in a cup.

that "Sisco Sisco" game ko? grin

we go to river and swim our eyes red,....missing good old days.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Swear If You Never Did This: Why Then Beating Ur Kid For It? by Beremx(f): 10:12pm On Aug 07, 2015
Freegift75:

― If you didn't sleep on the couch and wake up on. the bed
― if u didn't throw your milk tooth on the roof for. the lizards to take it and give you new ones.
― If you didn't just wash your hands and legs instead of bathing when going to school.

- If u neva waved @ white birds expectin ur nails to b
whiter

I didn't do these when I was a kid o! I don't think there's anytime I didn't bath before going to school. For wetin na?! grin

@op,you forgot to add playing table tennis with a big board especially old wooden doors and a long stick to demacate the board into two. Then we used small flat wood we call "bat" to play table tennis. grin grin

Mehn! Good old days o!!

Lalasticlala,which ones didn't you do as a kid? I know say you be ajebo. grin grin

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Swear If You Never Did This: Why Then Beating Ur Kid For It? by wheesin(m): 10:38pm On Aug 07, 2015
I did allllll...no exception.. now life isnt as fun as it was back in those days undecided

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Swear If You Never Did This: Why Then Beating Ur Kid For It? by change49ja: 10:48pm On Aug 07, 2015
I did all grin grin grin cheesy wink smiley So funny..

1 Like

Re: Swear If You Never Did This: Why Then Beating Ur Kid For It? by Buho(m): 11:09pm On Aug 07, 2015
I did all apart from washing my hands and leg instead of bathing before going to school because i have always been a neat boy since i was a kid and i never put garri and sugar in my pocket. Closing the fridge slowly to see when the door goes off... Our fridge na one old fridge but original wey the block water in few hours.

3 Likes

Re: Swear If You Never Did This: Why Then Beating Ur Kid For It? by abduljabbar4(m): 11:39pm On Aug 07, 2015
I didnt do only 2 of them

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Swear If You Never Did This: Why Then Beating Ur Kid For It? by Nobody: 12:03am On Aug 08, 2015
i did almost all apart from the mixing of garri and sugar and eating from my pocket cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Swear If You Never Did This: Why Then Beating Ur Kid For It? by PrinxArthur1(m): 12:04am On Aug 08, 2015
me and friends that time we will catch a live lizard open its stomach and stitch it back while after 3 days it dies or survive

1 Like

Re: Swear If You Never Did This: Why Then Beating Ur Kid For It? by Freegift75: 12:06am On Aug 08, 2015
Beremx:
I didn't do these when I was a kid o! I don't think there's anytime I didn't bath before going to school. For wetin na?! grin

@op,you forgot to add playing table tennis with a big board especially old wooden doors and a long stick to demacate the board into two. Then we used small flat wood we call "bat" to play table tennis. grin grin

Mehn! Good old days o!!

Lalasticlala,which ones didn't you do as a kid? I know say you be ajebo. grin grin

You are a lia! I know you sometimes late eighties when you used to bath outside the compound with your big breast nak.ed outside. You become big girl and dey make yangga. Liar

3 Likes

Re: Swear If You Never Did This: Why Then Beating Ur Kid For It? by Freegift75: 12:08am On Aug 08, 2015
PrinxArthur1:
me and friends that time we will catch a live lizard open its stomach and stitch it back while after 3 days it dies or survive

You wicked ooo. Were you insinuating that you could be a doctor when you grow and you started practising using lizard? _ for don get leprosy
Re: Swear If You Never Did This: Why Then Beating Ur Kid For It? by PrinxArthur1(m): 12:10am On Aug 08, 2015
Freegift75:

You wicked ooo. Were you insinuating that you could be a doctor when you grow and you started practising using lizard? _ for don get leprosy
just that we were naive then

1 Like

Re: Swear If You Never Did This: Why Then Beating Ur Kid For It? by ki02020(m): 12:21am On Aug 08, 2015
I did them all....including fetching fruitss such as mango from trees smiley

1 Like

Re: Swear If You Never Did This: Why Then Beating Ur Kid For It? by maspero22(m): 12:51am On Aug 08, 2015
heheh..nice1 OP. i did virtually all. chai...growing up was fun. i miss ma childhood friends, many of whom, r gone. i remember sucking water taps that weren't running to see if water will drop into ma mouth after school. Also playing war zones wit friends in incomplete buildings, drinking much water to see if i'll be pregnant, watching robocup cartoon, Zero Zero, Willie Willie and superman. i will always watch ma elder brothers construct antenna wit aluminium and long bamboo pole and trust me, d local stations dey clear pass DSTV with d big rainbow that normally show first on NTA; d days of colored #1 ice cream, eleganza biro and chi chi sweet. so many things then. i miss those years allah. chai!

16 Likes

Re: Swear If You Never Did This: Why Then Beating Ur Kid For It? by bababuff(m): 12:51am On Aug 08, 2015
Memories grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Swear If You Never Did This: Why Then Beating Ur Kid For It? by kamair237(m): 1:47am On Aug 08, 2015
Ohhh life.....
how time flies....

1 Like

Re: Swear If You Never Did This: Why Then Beating Ur Kid For It? by Anapuao(f): 1:57am On Aug 08, 2015
Omg I did all except for the mixing of garri in the pocket and washing of arms and legs instead of bathing. Growing up was real fun cheesy cheesy grin
Lesson: we are all one in spite of our ethnicity, religion, background etc. Every Nigerian child born at a certain era can relate to the post

12 Likes

Re: Swear If You Never Did This: Why Then Beating Ur Kid For It? by Nobody: 2:14am On Aug 08, 2015
I did all,and more.
I love the papa,and mama play..
Bolanle suffer for my hands..

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Swear If You Never Did This: Why Then Beating Ur Kid For It? by Holluwatarhyor(m): 2:23am On Aug 08, 2015
Whenever I finish watching an action film or wrestling,I just go out and start looking for whom to practicalise it on,back then I was born in one ras area in mushin,you can just imagine grin

4 Likes

Re: Swear If You Never Did This: Why Then Beating Ur Kid For It? by lonelydora: 2:28am On Aug 08, 2015
At least, my childhood was fun. Not now children know only play station and cartoon network.

1 Like

Re: Swear If You Never Did This: Why Then Beating Ur Kid For It? by shevi4mb(m): 2:35am On Aug 08, 2015
Mehn...i swear, i did all...i mean EVERYTHING ON THE LIST.... my childhood....oh i miss my childhood. (garri and sugar in my uniform)

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Man Who Went Viral For Beating Wife Apologises, Begs Her To Return Home (Video) / Update On My Brother - He has Been Found / I Am Angry. My Wife Did Not Inform Me That Her Siblings Were Coming Over

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.