Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,630 members, 7,816,598 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:43 PM

Swear If You Never Did This: Why Then Beating Ur Kid For It? - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Swear If You Never Did This: Why Then Beating Ur Kid For It? (41159 Views)

Beating Ur Woman Dont Mean You Dont Love Her / I'm About Losing The Man I Love And Being Pressured To Marry The One I Never Did / Would U Still Amass Wealth For Ur Kid In Dis Century (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Swear If You Never Did This: Why Then Beating Ur Kid For It? by bolajeebabz(m): 10:11pm On Aug 08, 2015
Mushin-breed like me can never escape all these during childhood days..

In fact, realizing now that I did all these , make me feel happy from inside that; nobody rob me of my childhood right...

SAY NO TO "OMO-GET-INSIDE" grin
Re: Swear If You Never Did This: Why Then Beating Ur Kid For It? by fejikudz(m): 11:29pm On Aug 08, 2015
Freegift75:
Let us be sincere with ourselves! I was privileged to be present at an occasion where Prof Wole Soyinka gave speech and made reference to the years he was running in the rain rolling motor cycle's tyre with a stick.

He was trying to convince parents not to deprive their kids of their childhood privileges. He then tasked the audience to swear if they never did such while young. He said most parents of this end time generation never allow their kids but to be caged indoor from Jan to Dec.

What about you, SWEAR

― If you didn't kill earthworm with salt.
― If you didn't play rubber band.
― If you never bathed in the rain.
― If nobody told you about India vs Nigeria 99-1.
― If you didn't sleep on the couch and wake up on. the bed
― if u didn't throw your milk tooth on the roof for. the lizards to take it and give you new ones.
― If you didn't just wash your hands and legs instead of bathing when going to school.
― If you didn't act film in uncompleted building or
under bed with friends.
― If you never flew a kite.
- If you didn't use ur two legs to build houses with sand.
- If u didn't write ur name on paper and insert it into ur pen so that no one will steal it.
- If u didn't close d fridge door really slowly to see when d lights went off.
- If u neva waved @ white birds expectin ur nails to b
whiter
- If u didn't drive a single car Tyre with a stick and called it ur car!
- If u didnt mix garri n sugar in ur pocket and eat while walking in the street.
- If u never did mama and papa play i.e. cookin grass nd sand witout fire.
- If you didn't play table soccer. with bottle cover.....
.....then I guess ur Childhood wasn't fun!

Oya choose which one u do

Do you knw its not jangilova epo motor?
it is JINGLE OVER LIKE A MOTOR!!
I bet u didn't knw. Don't be shy, I didn't know either until now.

I am sure 99.9 % of adults that grew up in Nigeria dnt knw dat d nursery rhyme "sandalili sandalili" is actually "standard living standard living". I knw u
are singing it now again, smiles ***

GOOD OLD DAYS
Re: Swear If You Never Did This: Why Then Beating Ur Kid For It? by 9japatroit(m): 11:37pm On Aug 08, 2015
men,even today i still feel like playing table soccer.
Re: Swear If You Never Did This: Why Then Beating Ur Kid For It? by password88(m): 11:41pm On Aug 08, 2015
Memories: the use of palm canel as pomade; going to sch on bare footed; dilving to catch grass horper in the field; wearing unbottened school uniform to sch; using palm fronts as belt; dismissing ourselves from school before or during brake period; forgetting our sch bags from sch; shooting birds with catapot; trying to work with our two hands instead of our legs; grin its a nice feelings to recall all that. Then if we could enjoy all our childhood experiences, why can't we enjoy what it takes to be an adult(graduate) why can't our government make provition for job opportunities to we youths ? I hate this cat race type of life the we youths live. May God help us undecided
Re: Swear If You Never Did This: Why Then Beating Ur Kid For It? by ayusco85(m): 1:29am On Aug 09, 2015
Anapuao:
Every Nigerian child born at a certain era can relate to the post

I call that Era "The Last Sane Era". Am proud and lucky to be part of it

1 Like

Re: Swear If You Never Did This: Why Then Beating Ur Kid For It? by VinBukky(m): 7:05am On Aug 09, 2015
I did all except one.........mixing milk & Garri in my pocket.

My childhood was fun and crazy!!!! ;DI did all except one.........mixing milk & Garri in my pocket.

My childhood was fun and crazy!!!!
Re: Swear If You Never Did This: Why Then Beating Ur Kid For It? by Anapuao(f): 8:13am On Aug 09, 2015
ayusco85:

I call that Era "The Last Sane Era". Am proud and lucky to be part of it
Lol @lastSaneEra very true. Proud to be part of it too
Re: Swear If You Never Did This: Why Then Beating Ur Kid For It? by kane33: 8:21am On Aug 09, 2015
Na wa
Re: Swear If You Never Did This: Why Then Beating Ur Kid For It? by ferguson17(m): 8:59am On Aug 09, 2015
Am guity of all this i swear especially bathing in the rain, waving for birds to get white finger nails
Re: Swear If You Never Did This: Why Then Beating Ur Kid For It? by Nobody: 9:30am On Aug 09, 2015
Freegift75:
Let us be sincere with ourselves! I was privileged to be present at an occasion where Prof Wole Soyinka gave speech and made reference to the years he was running in the rain rolling motor cycle's tyre with a stick.

He was trying to convince parents not to deprive their kids of their childhood privileges. He then tasked the audience to swear if they never did such while young. He said most parents of this end time generation never allow their kids but to be caged indoor from Jan to Dec.

What about you, SWEAR

― If you didn't kill earthworm with salt.
― If you didn't play rubber band.
― If you never bathed in the rain.
― If nobody told you about India vs Nigeria 99-1.
― If you didn't sleep on the couch and wake up on. the bed
― if u didn't throw your milk tooth on the roof for. the lizards to take it and give you new ones.
― If you didn't just wash your hands and legs instead of bathing when going to school.
― If you didn't act film in uncompleted building or
under bed with friends.
― If you never flew a kite.
- If you didn't use ur two legs to build houses with sand.
- If u didn't write ur name on paper and insert it into ur pen so that no one will steal it.
- If u didn't close d fridge door really slowly to see when d lights went off.
- If u neva waved @ white birds expectin ur nails to b
whiter
- If u didn't drive a single car Tyre with a stick and called it ur car!
- If u didnt mix garri n sugar in ur pocket and eat while walking in the street.
- If u never did mama and papa play i.e. cookin grass nd sand witout fire.
- If you didn't play table soccer. with bottle cover.....
.....then I guess ur Childhood wasn't fun!

Oya choose which one u do

Do you knw its not jangilova epo motor?
it is JINGLE OVER LIKE A MOTOR!!
I bet u didn't knw. Don't be shy, I didn't know either until now.

I am sure 99.9 % of adults that grew up in Nigeria dnt knw dat d nursery rhyme "sandalili sandalili" is actually "standard living standard living". I knw u
are singing it now again, smiles ***

Hmmmmm I did all fa, thank God for the grace of life.
Re: Swear If You Never Did This: Why Then Beating Ur Kid For It? by jeoprince250(m): 9:44am On Aug 09, 2015
Hahaha. Those days in federal government college, we call it RUB AND SHINE!
Re: Swear If You Never Did This: Why Then Beating Ur Kid For It? by jeoprince250(m): 9:51am On Aug 09, 2015
Buho:
I did all apart from washing my hands and leg instead of bathing before going to school because i have always been a neat boy since i was a kid and i never put garri and sugar in my pocket. Closing the fridge slowly to see when the door goes off... Our fridge na one old fridge but original wey the block water in few hours.
had it been u went to a boarding school where fetching water is by survival of the fittest especially wen u r in the junior class, den u will undastnd wat op meant by washing your hands and leg instead of bathing before going to school
Re: Swear If You Never Did This: Why Then Beating Ur Kid For It? by Buho(m): 10:04am On Aug 09, 2015
jeoprince250:
had it been u went to a boarding school where fetching water is by survival of the fittest especially wen u r in the junior class, den u will undastnd wat op meant by washing your hands and leg instead of bathing before going to school
i went to a boarding school and i usually fetch water for bathing in the night and hide it under my bunk. In the morning when they are struggling for water i would jejeli take my bath.
Re: Swear If You Never Did This: Why Then Beating Ur Kid For It? by kcowen(m): 11:19am On Aug 09, 2015
Just got me laughing esp d part of mixing Garri wit sugar in d pocket,O boi I was like a glutton then,I eat anything..I did everything on the list till d latter.Good Old days,wat abt
(i)Stoning lizard on the wall
(ii)Grinding biscuit in d nylon to dust then eating it
(iii)Eating Groundnut in its nylon(taste swt sha)
(iv)The Days of condense ice cream,Baba Dudu
(v)Using the Empty Can of insecticide to make water Tap
Re: Swear If You Never Did This: Why Then Beating Ur Kid For It? by jeoprince250(m): 11:20am On Aug 09, 2015
Buho:
i went to a boarding school and i usually fetch water for bathing in the night and hide it under my bunk. In the morning when they are struggling for water i would jejeli take my bath.
those days, the water brought by water tankers hardly goings around everyone cos some greed seniors would fetch up to 100litres just 4 dem self. D little one we d juniors fetch and hide under the bunk, the seniors who weren't able 2 get water eventually raid it 4rm under our bunk. It was so horrible
Re: Swear If You Never Did This: Why Then Beating Ur Kid For It? by PrinxArthur1(m): 1:28pm On Aug 09, 2015
SWG1:

And are u a surgeon today, if not, ur environment didn't do u good.

I can't forget flying carpet with milo tin plastic cover. And playing soccer with counters. Now where.is my Goalie.

including stoning cashew seeds

wat of throwing cards or at a wall to know the cards that will lap like tv to the wall.
lol we even caught praying mantids and disember/amputate it
Re: Swear If You Never Did This: Why Then Beating Ur Kid For It? by Dparagon(m): 9:21pm On Aug 09, 2015
Hehehehe nice one. I did if not all, 98% of this. But I don't remember mixing that sugar and garri part in my pocket; maybe in a small black/white nylon.
Truely speaking, many children are now missing so much fun. Funny enough, when you look at the list again, you wish you can still try some of them for fun. That Nigeria vs India enhhh, I remember telling my friends and making it even look real (99-0, lion head etc). After all we didn't see india participate in fifa tournaments (Lol).
But it's as if that waving at white birds for white fingers works like magic (Lol).
Re: Swear If You Never Did This: Why Then Beating Ur Kid For It? by maspero22(m): 8:44pm On Aug 11, 2015
hehehehehe...u sef gaan...u be ashawo for olden days play play. i did that 'itu swell' wella. guess u did 'tempe-tempe' too? lol...nice1
Re: Swear If You Never Did This: Why Then Beating Ur Kid For It? by maspero22(m): 9:36am On Sep 22, 2015
[quote author=SWG1 post=36746999]

U sound like u grew up in Old Enugu. wili wili don die, clap, who kill am. was that game called Ikpo oga or itu swell
hahahaha...like seriously? are u kidding me? am just lafing here. y did u say i sound like I grew up there?
Re: Swear If You Never Did This: Why Then Beating Ur Kid For It? by Tenplet(m): 3:42pm On Jan 19, 2017
So all of u guys dat ar nw claiming and all dis ajebo gals were all ghetto kids?. Hmmmmm Am seeing tins grin
Re: Swear If You Never Did This: Why Then Beating Ur Kid For It? by kayzat: 7:39pm On Jan 19, 2017
Proudly 100% guilty as charged .

I did all of the above so op should try to research more .

Gbogbo baddest nigga.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Update On My Brother - He has Been Found / I Am Angry. My Wife Did Not Inform Me That Her Siblings Were Coming Over / Woman Who Gave Birth To Triplets Sacked (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.