Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,707 members, 7,816,908 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:56 PM

Why Can't I Date My Cousins, Atleast 2 Of My Indian Friends Married There Cousin - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Can't I Date My Cousins, Atleast 2 Of My Indian Friends Married There Cousin (1635 Views)

"If I date a man for 3 months and I don’t cheat, then that’s my husband" - lady. / Should I Date My Best Friend's Ex Boyfriend? / S€X STORY: How I Slept With Anita “my Indian Maid” (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Can't I Date My Cousins, Atleast 2 Of My Indian Friends Married There Cousin by Timileyin(m): 6:50am On Aug 12, 2015
But for real why can't I dare my cousins atleast most u Indians friend Married there cousins with no repercussions.
Re: Why Can't I Date My Cousins, Atleast 2 Of My Indian Friends Married There Cousin by Mbkite(m): 6:52am On Aug 12, 2015
go ahead

1 Like

Re: Why Can't I Date My Cousins, Atleast 2 Of My Indian Friends Married There Cousin by priscaoge(f): 6:53am On Aug 12, 2015
U are free to marry her! Pls make sure u do that quickly, the gods are waiting for their IV angry angry and God in heaven will also ordain Ur marriage. angry angry

1 Like

Re: Why Can't I Date My Cousins, Atleast 2 Of My Indian Friends Married There Cousin by Ciscogod(m): 6:53am On Aug 12, 2015
Because this is nigeria and not t india.
Our culture and tradition forbids it. Not in our custom.

3 Likes

Re: Why Can't I Date My Cousins, Atleast 2 Of My Indian Friends Married There Cousin by realtestament(m): 6:55am On Aug 12, 2015
Are u from india? undecided

1 Like

Re: Why Can't I Date My Cousins, Atleast 2 Of My Indian Friends Married There Cousin by Cutehector(m): 6:55am On Aug 12, 2015
Nobody is stoppin u to do what u like.... U can even marry hippopotamus if u want sef

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Can't I Date My Cousins, Atleast 2 Of My Indian Friends Married There Cousin by Nobody: 6:57am On Aug 12, 2015
op ar u an indian man? what works for indian man might not work for you. and the Bible Call It Incest.

1 Like

Re: Why Can't I Date My Cousins, Atleast 2 Of My Indian Friends Married There Cousin by Ddonoflife(m): 6:57am On Aug 12, 2015
Stop comparing ursef with another person....moreover ur cultures differs....

1 Like

Re: Why Can't I Date My Cousins, Atleast 2 Of My Indian Friends Married There Cousin by segemint(f): 7:03am On Aug 12, 2015
Ok !
Me: Stylist do me that same hair u did for NKechi
Stylist: But ur head big pass nkechi own so e no go fit u grin grin grin
Me: No insult me abeg jst do am like tat angry

Op be warned!

1 Like

Re: Why Can't I Date My Cousins, Atleast 2 Of My Indian Friends Married There Cousin by iamauxin(m): 7:03am On Aug 12, 2015
Why not marry your sisters...my friends in Angola and Brazil also did it with zero repercussions. Bunkum!

3 Likes

Re: Why Can't I Date My Cousins, Atleast 2 Of My Indian Friends Married There Cousin by Nobody: 7:05am On Aug 12, 2015
Timileyin:
But for real why can't I dare my cousins atleast most u Indians friend Married there cousins with no repercussions.

The problem is that if you marry your cousin, there is a high chance that you might have children with genetic defects (note I said high chance....not that you would have).

You mentioned India. Well...from the Indian newspaper The Hindu

In our study we showed that consanguinity could increase the incidence of many blinding disorders like retinitis pigmentosa, Leber congenital amaurosis, Lawrence-Moon-Bardet-Biedl syndrome, Stargardt disease, Usher syndrome etc (Consanguinity and Ocular Genetic Diseases in South India: Analysis of a Five-year study. Community Genetics: 2002:5:180-185). Consanguinity could increase the risk of inheriting any one of the 4968 (autosomal recessive) genetic diseases that could affect any part of the body from head to foot.

The report I quoted did go on to say that you could marry your third cousin without any issues. And if your cousin was adopted....ie no genetic tie to your extended family.....that should not be a problem.

However, most Nigerian cultures don't accept consanguineous marriages.And even where it is ''legal'' most families might not accept such. (As an example, an American singer married his cousin....who was actually a girl adopted by one of his uncles and aunt...his mother's sister. The singer's sister disagreed with the relationship....even though it was technically legal...and there was a falling out which took some time to resolve). So.....I would advise you not to proceed.

Source:

The Hindu article

Another article

2 Likes

Re: Why Can't I Date My Cousins, Atleast 2 Of My Indian Friends Married There Cousin by Nobody: 7:06am On Aug 12, 2015
elijah2u:
op ar u an indian man? what works for indian man might not work for you. and the Bible Call It Incest.

Sharap bro

In the bible days people got married to their cousins some even their sisters. Have you asked who Cain got married to? What about the story of lots daughter, who drunked their father to sleep with them so that they can continue his linage!!

Some cultures in Nigeria still accepts such tradition. Just that the society sees it as achiac

so op, there are many fishes in the river and not only those in your pond!!!
Re: Why Can't I Date My Cousins, Atleast 2 Of My Indian Friends Married There Cousin by Behira(f): 7:11am On Aug 12, 2015
kiss Go on my dear am ryt behind........mumu lokon angry
Re: Why Can't I Date My Cousins, Atleast 2 Of My Indian Friends Married There Cousin by Nobody: 7:11am On Aug 12, 2015
Yungwizzzy:

Sharap bro

In the bible days people got married to their cousins some even their sisters. Have you asked who Cain got married to? What about the story of lots daughter, who drunked their father to sleep with them so that they can continue his linage!!

Some cultures in Nigeria still accepts such tradition. Just that the society sees it as achiac

so op, there are many fishes in the river and not only those in your pond!!!
please, dude take time to read leviticus 18 start from verse 6 please. i understand your point ok, but read it and examine what happen in genesis very well to leviticus
Re: Why Can't I Date My Cousins, Atleast 2 Of My Indian Friends Married There Cousin by Obinovictor(m): 7:15am On Aug 12, 2015
Timileyin:

Are you for real?
Re: Why Can't I Date My Cousins, Atleast 2 Of My Indian Friends Married There Cousin by greatness22(m): 7:23am On Aug 12, 2015
I love amadioha and ogun for just one thing.,

They don't spare their victims. Op, i hope u get my point? grin
Re: Why Can't I Date My Cousins, Atleast 2 Of My Indian Friends Married There Cousin by isan(m): 7:36am On Aug 12, 2015
Op go ahead nah u can even marry yur mama
Re: Why Can't I Date My Cousins, Atleast 2 Of My Indian Friends Married There Cousin by Timileyin(m): 7:55am On Aug 12, 2015
God in Nigeria is different from God in India?
Re: Why Can't I Date My Cousins, Atleast 2 Of My Indian Friends Married There Cousin by Nobody: 8:02am On Aug 12, 2015
Marry her,don't mind anybody..
Re: Why Can't I Date My Cousins, Atleast 2 Of My Indian Friends Married There Cousin by abbeyty(m): 8:48am On Aug 12, 2015
Op are you sure you have not been sleeping with one of your cousins ?

1 Like

Re: Why Can't I Date My Cousins, Atleast 2 Of My Indian Friends Married There Cousin by Emmyk(m): 9:25am On Aug 12, 2015
iamauxin:
Why not marry your sisters...my friends in Angola and Brazil also did it with zero repercussions. Bunkum!
Cutehector:
Nobody is stoppin u to do what u like.... U can even marry hippopotamus if u want sef

Funny guys cheesy cheesy
Re: Why Can't I Date My Cousins, Atleast 2 Of My Indian Friends Married There Cousin by IamLEGEND1: 9:32am On Aug 12, 2015
of coz you can....

they have a vagina

you have a penís.....

ur penís can fit into her vagina just fine and her vagina can eject a baby just as well....

so there is absolutely nothing stopping you from doing the needful.

#Idiot
Re: Why Can't I Date My Cousins, Atleast 2 Of My Indian Friends Married There Cousin by Timileyin(m): 7:45pm On Aug 12, 2015
Humm

(1) (Reply)

8 Major Reasons Why Every Lady Should Be Serious At The Age Of 25. / Guys Waiting For Nicki Minaj To Repent? (pics) / The Ugly Truth; If You Cheat On Someone, You Dont Love That Person.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.