Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,114 members, 7,818,322 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:40 PM

Buhari Never Said He Would Declare His Assets Publicly, APC Did - Presidency - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Never Said He Would Declare His Assets Publicly, APC Did - Presidency (33734 Views)

What APC Did To Abuse GEJ - Reno Omokri Shares Throwback Photos / We Won’t Declare Assets Publicly, Say Ministers-designate / Buhari’s Ministers Must Declare Assets Publicly –kukah (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari Never Said He Would Declare His Assets Publicly, APC Did - Presidency by kahara(m): 12:23pm On Aug 15, 2015
barcanista:
When we say APC and Buhari are frauds their supporters call us "wailers". Plss read below

"“I pledge to publicly declare my assets and liabilities, encourage all my appointees to publicity declare their assets and liabilities as a pre-condition for appointment."
General Muhammadu Buhari
https://www.naij.com/388617-buhari-promises-to-publicly-declare-assets-if-elected.html

It is a shame that APC has come out to deny that PMB made the above statement.
Re: Buhari Never Said He Would Declare His Assets Publicly, APC Did - Presidency by BuddhaPalm(m): 12:24pm On Aug 15, 2015
kizzybalze:
@op, is buhari having ur familly belongings with him, i jus wonder how nigerians like trivalities so much, he(buhari) have said in his first hundred days in office,he will make his asset public but u guys wouldn't let him rest, all this bitter lossers stop weeping and come to face reality, Gej is gone and gone for bad. but wait o, did Gej declare his?

Trivial?

A president renegading on his promise is trivial? A supposedly easy thing to do.

If you can't be counted on in small things, how then big ones?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Never Said He Would Declare His Assets Publicly, APC Did - Presidency by GoldenJAT(m): 12:25pm On Aug 15, 2015
Owna go die ooo... I DE laugh so hard, instead of owna 2 pray mk naija beta, owna DE here DE rant like person way get mouth diarrhea, na him public declaration of asset go put food 4 owna table? it baffles me Dt u guys are so myopic as 2d fact Dt dis country was dead and buried under Jonathan's administration. He so ruined it 2d extent that he as a person was afraid 2 even contest d election result. Owna no even know. Stupid ethnic sentiment blinds u guys 2d truth.. Weda u WAILERS admit it or not.. D change we voted 4 is here, can't even imagine Dt d clueless Otueke man was still at d helm of affairs. BASHING IS ALLOWED.. not as if I care, me don talk my own.... Change! Change!! Change!!!!!!! I feel it all round me. BUHARI IS WORKING... WAILERS ARE CRYING..GOLDEN JAT DE BUBBLE.
Re: Buhari Never Said He Would Declare His Assets Publicly, APC Did - Presidency by BuddhaPalm(m): 12:31pm On Aug 15, 2015
onatisi:
The earlier buhari sacks Femi adeshina the better for him. That guy talks as if he doesn't think or do proper investigations on issues before commenting on them. I am expecting statement denial as usual since that has been what they have been doing or almost 100 days. Bunch of dullard expired brains.

No, this one can't possibly be denied.

He can't claim his twitter was hacked, as it's a VIDEO.

...except his mouth was hacked.
Re: Buhari Never Said He Would Declare His Assets Publicly, APC Did - Presidency by MizMyColi(f): 12:38pm On Aug 15, 2015
I believe Femi Adesina made a mistake.
I expect a recantation before 12 midnight....

Else, this is the most ridiculous, inept, flabbergasting, mouth widening, barefaced and fanged lie we have heard, and seen in over 20 years.

I mean!!!!!

Femi Adesina is not fit to be a media aide.
He must be sacked.
He is a lying, deceitful, cunning, conniving scam artist!

I reject this man of behalf of Mr President!!!

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Never Said He Would Declare His Assets Publicly, APC Did - Presidency by egobetatoday: 12:38pm On Aug 15, 2015
Jesusloveyou:
but he has be keeping d bigger promises

hehehe ...i give u nya-sh lying liar.
Re: Buhari Never Said He Would Declare His Assets Publicly, APC Did - Presidency by Frankmiles: 12:40pm On Aug 15, 2015
SexyKaycee:
Those of you saying did GEJ declare his?

isnt that the reason for change,

we elected change to depart from the norm or opaqueness

we want transparency, so you cant defend GMBs action by saying "did GEJ declare his?"

In other news, Nigeria is becoming like The Big brother London in George Orwell's 1984

at anytime they want APC will erase what they said and put up a different thing and the populace will all willingly erase thwir memory and remember "DOCTORED TRUTHS"

Nna eh, Nigeria is spiralling in a wrong direction
lmao. . . i see the exact political dispensation in that book playing in nigeria. . . it is just like minitruth where unwanted history can be thrown down the memory hole forever. . . And it amazes me how the the logic called "DOUBLE THINK" seems to work on almost all nigerians. We're so blinded with getting three square meals a day. And that has kept our consciousness in check....
Re: Buhari Never Said He Would Declare His Assets Publicly, APC Did - Presidency by MizMyColi(f): 12:40pm On Aug 15, 2015
I hate cosmetic change!
Re: Buhari Never Said He Would Declare His Assets Publicly, APC Did - Presidency by ezefrank87(m): 12:42pm On Aug 15, 2015
Jesusloveyou:
is it compulsory to keep all d promises? What will u be disappointed for, if he keep all d promises and Nigeria is working, and he fails to keep dis very one, what will be ur fate : still be disappointed?
wanna know the true meaning of hypocrisy? Look into the mirror.. by the way ain't doing your moniker any good..#advice

1 Like

Re: Buhari Never Said He Would Declare His Assets Publicly, APC Did - Presidency by joseph1832(m): 12:45pm On Aug 15, 2015
barcanista:
I think you are right! I am suspecting something fishy...
I mean you went from being Judas to a political prostitute now you're now throwing suspicion here and there? Wow!. Talk about metamorphosis.
Re: Buhari Never Said He Would Declare His Assets Publicly, APC Did - Presidency by Candyrain(m): 12:50pm On Aug 15, 2015
PassingShot:

Like which ones?

Stop crying over spilled milk. GEJ/PDP lost last election on poor performance. Accept it and move on.

Like 20,000MW of electricity not being in their manifesto but rather in their roadmap, how about that?
Re: Buhari Never Said He Would Declare His Assets Publicly, APC Did - Presidency by egobetatoday: 12:50pm On Aug 15, 2015
Jesusloveyou:
my point is that, even if he fails to keep dis very promise, i wil not be disappointed, and it shouldn't be a negative, we should rather be disappointed if he fails to effect changes in d life of d masses, are we going to eat d promise of publicly declare assets?

yes i know u wont be dissappointed. Even if Buhari n Tinubu are caught breaking into a bank u wouldnt still be dissappointed.
Re: Buhari Never Said He Would Declare His Assets Publicly, APC Did - Presidency by emmasege: 12:50pm On Aug 15, 2015
This is no surprise from a party of professional liars & scammers. I expect Femi Adesina to tell us shortly that Buhari never promised 5k monthly stipend for 25 million Nigerians. After all, it was his party & his running mate that promised heaven & earth.
I'm happy I didn't fall for the scam of the decade!

1 Like

Re: Buhari Never Said He Would Declare His Assets Publicly, APC Did - Presidency by vikyno(m): 12:51pm On Aug 15, 2015
August 29 is the deadline. I choose to ignore that confused Adesina. I want to hear the word directly from the horses mouth.
Re: Buhari Never Said He Would Declare His Assets Publicly, APC Did - Presidency by Elin: 12:53pm On Aug 15, 2015
Aint gat time yet till 100 days ... Just busy leaking my hot Ogbono soup with my fork.... Him never shee shomtin yek grin grin
Re: Buhari Never Said He Would Declare His Assets Publicly, APC Did - Presidency by vikyno(m): 12:54pm On Aug 15, 2015
GoldenJAT:
Owna go die ooo... I DE laugh so hard, instead of owna 2 pray mk naija beta, owna DE here DE rant like person way get mouth diarrhea, na him public declaration of asset go put food 4 owna table? it baffles me Dt u guys are so myopic as 2d fact Dt dis country was dead and buried under Jonathan's administration. He so ruined it 2d extent that he as a person was afraid 2 even contest d election result. Owna no even know. Stupid ethnic sentiment blinds u guys 2d truth.. Weda u WAILERS admit it or not.. D change we voted 4 is here, can't even imagine Dt d clueless Otueke man was still at d helm of affairs. BASHING IS ALLOWED.. not as if I care, me don talk my own.... Change! Change!! Change!!!!!!! I feel it all round me. BUHARI IS WORKING... WAILERS ARE CRYING..GOLDEN JAT DE BUBBLE.

Sycophancy where the truth is plainly there for all to see is a big disease.
Re: Buhari Never Said He Would Declare His Assets Publicly, APC Did - Presidency by egobetatoday: 12:57pm On Aug 15, 2015
PassingShot:

Like which ones?

Stop crying over spilled milk. GEJ/PDP lost last election on poor performance. Accept it and move on.

lol. if u are still talking about Gej/Pdp that we voted out last march then u must be very slow. this is a new govt who promised haeven on earth but cant deliver. u get it? As it is now, even Gej cant help Buhari in this quagmire.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Never Said He Would Declare His Assets Publicly, APC Did - Presidency by lordsbiz(m): 12:57pm On Aug 15, 2015
In conclusion if pro "pdp"s are wailing wailers, then pro "Apc"s are lying liers! Chikena!
Re: Buhari Never Said He Would Declare His Assets Publicly, APC Did - Presidency by sapientia(m): 1:00pm On Aug 15, 2015
The first serious issue that made me laugh sooo hard as i just saw the topic.. Lol.. Chai..

Animal Farm
Re: Buhari Never Said He Would Declare His Assets Publicly, APC Did - Presidency by egobetatoday: 1:01pm On Aug 15, 2015
sarutobie:

Really? Which of them pray tell. 1.steady power? 2.has boko haram been defeated yet? A resounding NO. 3.has petrol been reduced to 45naira/litre? 4.your naira is it equal to a dollar yet? 5.what about feeding poor families across the country? Any news on that yet? 6.talking about cutting cost, who accounts for the 2 BILLION naira used for the jamboree trip to the US..

u forgot to add
7. has fuel subsidy been lifted. NO
Re: Buhari Never Said He Would Declare His Assets Publicly, APC Did - Presidency by Nobody: 1:05pm On Aug 15, 2015
Ahmeduana:

ANIMAL FARM

A similar reference is in Animal where the pigs changed the rules on the barn wall and each time the animals conviniently remembered what they saw...

but my own reference was to 1984 another marvelous work my same author
Re: Buhari Never Said He Would Declare His Assets Publicly, APC Did - Presidency by Nobody: 1:07pm On Aug 15, 2015
Frankmiles:
lmao. . . i see the exact political dispensation in that book playing in nigeria. . . it is just like minitruth where unwanted history can be thrown down the memory hole forever. . . And it amazes me how the the logic called "DOUBLE THINK" seems to work on almost all nigerians. We're so blinded with getting three square meals a day. And that has kept our consciousness in check....

God bless you for this reply, every Nigerian should read that book and let their minds be opened to the tricks of governments
Re: Buhari Never Said He Would Declare His Assets Publicly, APC Did - Presidency by exco90(m): 1:07pm On Aug 15, 2015
dunkem21:
The guy said that though APC signed a document that the assets will be declared, Buhari never said that he will declare his assets publicly ..

..He offered N1m to anybody with links quoting Buhari saying that he will declare his assets publicly ..

This people are playing on nigerians intelligent.. This is a lesson to blind followers.
Re: Buhari Never Said He Would Declare His Assets Publicly, APC Did - Presidency by egobetatoday: 1:09pm On Aug 15, 2015
Princewell2012:
The masses voted for Buhari because he is going to fight corruption and fixed nigeria, and not because he is going to declare his asset publicly. Therefore these distraction is baseless. Please keep up the good work sir, we are solidly behind you.
God bless president mohamadu buhari.
God bless the federal republic of Nigeria.

declaring his assets publicly is the starting point of fixing nigeria. LYING LIAR
Re: Buhari Never Said He Would Declare His Assets Publicly, APC Did - Presidency by iconize(m): 1:13pm On Aug 15, 2015
Princewell2012:
The masses voted for Buhari because he is going to fight corruption and fixed nigeria, and not because he is going to declare his asset publicly. Therefore these distraction is baseless. Please keep up the good work sir, we are solidly behind you.
God bless president mohamadu buhari.
God bless the federal republic of Nigeria.

You're a moronic person!

Did he promise or did he not promise to declare his assets publicly?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari Never Said He Would Declare His Assets Publicly, APC Did - Presidency by jacksonite: 1:14pm On Aug 15, 2015
Bollinger:

Dear Nairalanders. Let me try to enlighten you on why declaration of assets does not me jack shiit. There is a deeper problem and for some reason you all are ignoring it or just don't know. If you all don't know it makes it worse and definitely scary.

As a citizen of Nigeria, it is your responsibility to pay taxes. For you to pay according to your worth, your income/assets should always be made assessible. If the state does not know your worth then how can they tax you properly? Asking someone to declare assets is both mo.ronic and s.tupid. The state and law enforcement agencies should have access to this without hindrance. The IRS will never come to ask you to declare your assets irrespective of position. They find your assets, and you can't hide from the IRS. President obama's taxes was made public this year. Think about that. Like i said, this is a deeper problem. Nigerian don't pay tax. And that, Ladies and gentlemen is not good for the Nation.
Are you saying that buhari has not been paying his taxes all this while hence his fear to declare his assets publicly? If so he is corrupt then and needs to be probed.
Re: Buhari Never Said He Would Declare His Assets Publicly, APC Did - Presidency by ojnnaco(m): 1:17pm On Aug 15, 2015
Now who is deceiving who with all this jargons in d name of politics ?
Re: Buhari Never Said He Would Declare His Assets Publicly, APC Did - Presidency by passionate88: 1:18pm On Aug 15, 2015
ochejoseph:
‎It is a Shame that we have people who clearly know the truth but malevolently strive to shove lies down our throat 

For The benefits of those who do not know here are the exact words of Gen Buhari 

“I pledge to publicly declare my assets and liabilities, encourage all my appointees to publicity declare their assets and liabilities as a pre-condition for appointment"

https://www.naij.com/388617-buhari-promises-to-publicly-declare-assets-if-elected.html

The "I" There stands for Singular when did the party become a person?

The word "pledge" used here  is stronger than the word "Promise" although I am not an authority in english .

He also promised to get his appointees to do same as a PRE- condition for appointments! 

We are yet to see the Asset Declaration of the following people 

1. Lawan Daura  DG SSS/ self appointed EFCC chairman 

2. Adeshina himself and Garba Shehu 

3. GMD NNPC, NIMASA MD, and a host of other appointments made.

Like Fayose said Buhari's Government makes so much noise without substance, informing  Armed robbers you are coming is simply telling them with me you will always have a head start ,so flee !

Buhari has no moral justification to alleniate himself from the party that gave him the ticket! 

They made the promise, Millions voted on The basis of those promises , they got what they wanted Now Nigerians must get what they were promised!!!!

May God Continue to Bless Nigeria and Nigerians 

Thank you.

I never for once believed that guy. Not once.
Re: Buhari Never Said He Would Declare His Assets Publicly, APC Did - Presidency by egobetatoday: 1:18pm On Aug 15, 2015
Elin:
Aint gat time yet till 100 days ... Just busy leaking my hot Ogbono soup with my fork.... Him never shee shomtin yek grin grin

abeg keep licking your ogbono soup jare. Buhari is preparing another and better lie for dem at the end of the 100 days.
Re: Buhari Never Said He Would Declare His Assets Publicly, APC Did - Presidency by Nobody: 1:22pm On Aug 15, 2015
I guess it's high time we make a list of the promises made by buhari and those made by the party since they are not the same again .
Re: Buhari Never Said He Would Declare His Assets Publicly, APC Did - Presidency by Dannie2015(m): 1:23pm On Aug 15, 2015
Nigerian politicians n their nonsense. They Say all Sorts of trasH juSt to get There n wen they do, they begin to search encyclopedia brItanica to aLter their own Statements. Why didn't ur pmB tell nigerianS tHat he won't wen His party said he wuld. I dnt even blamE them. I blame u for believing their lieS During campaign wtout Questioning n casting ur votes for all DS liarS. D baboons will soon fall victim again in 2019. Check my Signature
Re: Buhari Never Said He Would Declare His Assets Publicly, APC Did - Presidency by jacksonite: 1:25pm On Aug 15, 2015
major466:

According to the Nigerian law guiding Assets Declaration, the Code of Conduct Bureau has no obligation to make Public asset declaration by public officials, except with the Consent of the individuals in question. Except the law is amended to empower CCB to make assets declaration public, the agency can do nothing about it.
So as it stands, Buhari has no obligation to make his assets public even though he promised to do so and he failed. Thats the problem.
Why can't buhari give CCB that consent to publish his assets publicly knowing fully well that he made a solemn vow with Nigerians on it of which Nigerians fulfilled their own part by voting him into power.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Dapchi Residents Stone Governor Gaidem's Cars Over Missing Schoolgirls (Photos) / Yahaya Bello's Thug Arrested In Abuja / Lagos Judicial Panel Of Inquiry Visits Lekki Toll Gate, Discovers Bullet Shells

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.