Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,645 members, 7,813,164 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 08:07 AM

“The Next Ooni Will Not Eat Sijuwade’s Heart” - Ife Chief - Culture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / “The Next Ooni Will Not Eat Sijuwade’s Heart” - Ife Chief (58414 Views)

Aderemi Sijuwade Buys Car For Labisi Folawiyo Hours Before Their Wedding / Meet The Contenders To The Ooni Stool; How The New Ooni Will Emerge / How The Next Ooni Will Emerge – Priest (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: “The Next Ooni Will Not Eat Sijuwade’s Heart” - Ife Chief by VickyRotex(f): 10:32am On Aug 15, 2015
Sun Re Oba Sijuade
Re: “The Next Ooni Will Not Eat Sijuwade’s Heart” - Ife Chief by IYANGBALI: 10:32am On Aug 15, 2015
Bullshiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit
Re: “The Next Ooni Will Not Eat Sijuwade’s Heart” - Ife Chief by Rilwayne001: 10:33am On Aug 15, 2015
Pure lie.
Re: “The Next Ooni Will Not Eat Sijuwade’s Heart” - Ife Chief by Lagunalic: 10:33am On Aug 15, 2015
Y?
Re: “The Next Ooni Will Not Eat Sijuwade’s Heart” - Ife Chief by Sweetlemon(f): 10:33am On Aug 15, 2015
I don't know why all these chiefs are bothering with all these lies.
undecided
If they are feeling guilty then they can abolish the damn tradition. But it should not be like they are trying to make themselves look better because abeg leave story, Royalty in Africa is very very very very dirty business. The kinds of things these royals and their chiefs do periodically ehn? You will coil! The King's death is the zenith of all. You just cannot imagine!

As for those saying the Oba is now a Christian. Leave that thing. No pastor can do nada. The Oba is a public property. He belongs to his people. I don't even think an Oba or any King can even decide to step down. Once you've been chosen by the oracle, you are the King whether you like it or not, if you no like am, then die.

4 Likes

Re: “The Next Ooni Will Not Eat Sijuwade’s Heart” - Ife Chief by ennysuccess(m): 10:33am On Aug 15, 2015
Jospenboy:
That's our culture. ... but not biblical
Fetish culture u shouldn't be proud of it
Re: “The Next Ooni Will Not Eat Sijuwade’s Heart” - Ife Chief by ULSHERLAN(m): 10:34am On Aug 15, 2015
If they can deny the death if Ooni then they can deny anything.

I dont believe them

4 Likes

Re: “The Next Ooni Will Not Eat Sijuwade’s Heart” - Ife Chief by greatiyk4u(m): 10:34am On Aug 15, 2015
Now I understand y yoloba pple respect dia oba much.....dey re eat human heart.....abomination

3 Likes

Re: “The Next Ooni Will Not Eat Sijuwade’s Heart” - Ife Chief by paragonhank: 10:35am On Aug 15, 2015
They lie a lot . They denied his death in the first place. .
Re: “The Next Ooni Will Not Eat Sijuwade’s Heart” - Ife Chief by adesegun121(m): 10:36am On Aug 15, 2015
Hmmmmm

so them done comot the guy heart??

Yoruba daaju ooooo

hmmmmm
culture shaa

1 Like

Re: “The Next Ooni Will Not Eat Sijuwade’s Heart” - Ife Chief by qualityovenbake(m): 10:37am On Aug 15, 2015
York! Heart of an animal.
Re: “The Next Ooni Will Not Eat Sijuwade’s Heart” - Ife Chief by skyface00(m): 10:37am On Aug 15, 2015
Being a king in Nigeria harsh and scaring lolz, they must av remove a lot parts from him, I see why they refused family and children 2 see him.
Re: “The Next Ooni Will Not Eat Sijuwade’s Heart” - Ife Chief by Sweetlemon(f): 10:38am On Aug 15, 2015
skyface00:
Being a king in Nigeria harsh and scaring lolz, they must av remove a lot parts from him, I see why they refused family and children 2 see him.

It's an African thing o. I have heard scarier things in other countries esp in East Africa.
Re: “The Next Ooni Will Not Eat Sijuwade’s Heart” - Ife Chief by dollarlander: 10:40am On Aug 15, 2015
montestic:
Following reports that the Sarun, otherwise known as Abobakun, was on the run to escape being buried with the late Ooni of Ife, Ife chiefs have denied these as untrue. According to the Lowa Adimula of Ife, Oba Joseph Ijaodola, who is the Head of Inner Chiefs, he said, “No one was caught during the Oro festival, it is all lies. It has never been done in Ife land that somebody must be killed or buried with the Ooni.” The Secretary of the Royal Traditional Council, High Chief Adekoye Odewole, also said, “We don’t use human beings for rituals in Ile-Ife. We can use rams, goats or other animals, but not human beings.”

Meanwhile the Araba of Osogboland, Chief Yemi Elebuibon has said the heart of the late king would not be fed to the next Ooni.In his words, “The eating of the heart of a departed King by an incoming one belonged to the past. It no longer exists. People still make this insinuation because many are barred from witnessing the burial of a king. What the incoming king will eat is the heart of an animal and not that of a human. Nobody would be buried with the Ooni. Nobody would be killed for any form of sacrifice.”

http://citypeople.com.ng/i/the-next-ooni-will-not-eat-sijuwades-heart-as-ife-chiefs-speak-on-abobaku/#utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=the-next-ooni-will-not-eat-sijuwades-heart-as-ife-chiefs-speak-on-abobaku

Well they all belong to their father the devil who is a liar, for he had lied from the beginning.

Yemi elebuibon is a liar. Who does he want to deceive. Only God knows how many they have killed because of the crocodile of ile life that just passed on. If they were not going to kill abobaku why are they still keeping the title till 2015 if the culture belongs to the past. Why did abobaku has to run for his life if he is not fully aware of the essence of his title.

You this idol worshippers can tell you lies to mumu that are following your tricks and lies.

If the traditional worshipping can be totally abolished, ritual killings will disappear on that day.

LIARS!!!

6 Likes

Re: “The Next Ooni Will Not Eat Sijuwade’s Heart” - Ife Chief by Captainswag225(m): 10:41am On Aug 15, 2015
some old african practises tho. Smh.
Re: “The Next Ooni Will Not Eat Sijuwade’s Heart” - Ife Chief by skyface00(m): 10:41am On Aug 15, 2015
So why people fight and kill each other 2 be king lolz na wa ooooo

Sweetlemon:

It's an African thing o. I have heard scarier things in other countries esp in East Africa.
Re: “The Next Ooni Will Not Eat Sijuwade’s Heart” - Ife Chief by Youngzedd(m): 10:41am On Aug 15, 2015
Religion, the greatest problem of man.
Re: “The Next Ooni Will Not Eat Sijuwade’s Heart” - Ife Chief by tenry(m): 10:41am On Aug 15, 2015
Was it not the same chiefs who denied the pass away of the king? I can never believe them.
Re: “The Next Ooni Will Not Eat Sijuwade’s Heart” - Ife Chief by presidentpikin: 10:41am On Aug 15, 2015
expertman:
Lol funny people. Wetin concern me with eating of hearts?

If he like make he no eat the head.

All I want is PMB to declare his asset publicly as he promised.

Iya basira abeg give me 40naira beans,3 pomo and 100Naira bread ojare
Your money is 200 naira pere
Re: “The Next Ooni Will Not Eat Sijuwade’s Heart” - Ife Chief by Nobody: 10:42am On Aug 15, 2015
C
Re: “The Next Ooni Will Not Eat Sijuwade’s Heart” - Ife Chief by Youngzedd(m): 10:43am On Aug 15, 2015
dollarlander:

Well they all belong to their father the devil who is a liar, for he had lied from the beginning.

Yemi elebuibon is a liar. Who does he want to deceive. Only God knows how many they have killed because of the crocodile of ile life that just passed on. If they were not going to kill abobaku why are they still keeping the title till 2015 if the culture belongs to the past. Why did abobaku has to run for his life if he is not fully aware of the essence of his title.

You this idol worshippers can tell you lies to mumu that are following your tricks and lies.

If the traditional worshipping can be totally abolished, ritual killings will disappear on that day.

LIARS!!!

Well said.
Re: “The Next Ooni Will Not Eat Sijuwade’s Heart” - Ife Chief by DonBobes(m): 10:46am On Aug 15, 2015
butanepro:
Lies
dnt mind dem. Lie 4rm d pit of hell.
Re: “The Next Ooni Will Not Eat Sijuwade’s Heart” - Ife Chief by ascholani09(m): 10:46am On Aug 15, 2015
Y do they have to eat someones ♥ in d first places. Dat tradition is riridiculous, disgusting.well sha, tank GOD it's no more.. And also let dat abobaku of a tin should be scraped off. In D world 2day is either u ar a Muslim (beliver) or a Christian, and am sure he and his household should be either one of d two.. So Pls let dem 4get all dis disgraceful act in d name of a so called tradition. I rest my case.

1 Like

Re: “The Next Ooni Will Not Eat Sijuwade’s Heart” - Ife Chief by Richy4(m): 10:46am On Aug 15, 2015
After all the burial, we need to see the guy that was on the run in video not pictures to confirm that he was not actually buried with him.

1 Like

Re: “The Next Ooni Will Not Eat Sijuwade’s Heart” - Ife Chief by Abelmoscus(m): 10:47am On Aug 15, 2015
What the incoming king will eat is the heart of an animal and not that of a human.

B4 nko? They don't call it human heart na, it has always been animal heart. Human-animal. This traditions are barbaric

2 Likes

Re: “The Next Ooni Will Not Eat Sijuwade’s Heart” - Ife Chief by Nobody: 10:47am On Aug 15, 2015
pimplucious:
Na today yansh get centre parting? Tell that to the gods.
Don't mind them jare...... Very soon, someone will come out refuting this claim. Traditions my foot sad sad

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: “The Next Ooni Will Not Eat Sijuwade’s Heart” - Ife Chief by alfakoro1(m): 10:51am On Aug 15, 2015
Better. Nice explanations.
Re: “The Next Ooni Will Not Eat Sijuwade’s Heart” - Ife Chief by limfo: 10:51am On Aug 15, 2015
Dis mata na Batua!!! shocked
Re: “The Next Ooni Will Not Eat Sijuwade’s Heart” - Ife Chief by Christianwalase: 10:52am On Aug 15, 2015
Story for the gods
Re: “The Next Ooni Will Not Eat Sijuwade’s Heart” - Ife Chief by brirold1(m): 10:52am On Aug 15, 2015
Call us for ur Multifunctional USB Flash Drives, Data Transfer Cable, Charging Cable for both Android Phones/Iphones/Tablets/Computers ------ (All in 1) and also for ur OTG Flash Drive For Smartphones/Tablets/Computers, Monopod Selfie Stick and Mini Light for Laptops/Powerbanks

Re: “The Next Ooni Will Not Eat Sijuwade’s Heart” - Ife Chief by vinkod007: 10:52am On Aug 15, 2015
Na today....... All na gist

Meanwhile
Guy, play me shakitibobo

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

A Brief Historical Origin Of Ibillo Community In Edo State / Baby Bump: Naomi Ogunwusi Pregnant? / The Beauty Of Northern Nigerian Women

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.