Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,640 members, 7,813,128 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 07:30 AM

“The Next Ooni Will Not Eat Sijuwade’s Heart” - Ife Chief - Culture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / “The Next Ooni Will Not Eat Sijuwade’s Heart” - Ife Chief (58413 Views)

Aderemi Sijuwade Buys Car For Labisi Folawiyo Hours Before Their Wedding / Meet The Contenders To The Ooni Stool; How The New Ooni Will Emerge / How The Next Ooni Will Emerge – Priest (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: “The Next Ooni Will Not Eat Sijuwade’s Heart” - Ife Chief by emamos: 10:54am On Aug 15, 2015
expertman:
Lol funny people. Wetin concern me with eating of hearts?

If he like make he no eat the head.

[s]All I want is PMB to declare his asset publicly as he promised[/s].

Iya basira abeg give me 40naira beans,3 pomo and 100Naira bread ojare
@ the bold, stale and no longer funny
Re: “The Next Ooni Will Not Eat Sijuwade’s Heart” - Ife Chief by cabaliciouscabal: 10:56am On Aug 15, 2015
Is good news, change of heart, d world has progress and Nigeria can not be left behind. Bye bye to primitive culture. I Wish d new ooni a smooth and wonderful tenure.
Re: “The Next Ooni Will Not Eat Sijuwade’s Heart” - Ife Chief by cabaliciouscabal: 10:56am On Aug 15, 2015
Is good news, change of heart, d world has progress and Nigeria cannot be left behind. Bye bye to primitive culture. I Wish d new ooni a smooth and wonderful tenure.
Re: “The Next Ooni Will Not Eat Sijuwade’s Heart” - Ife Chief by josite: 10:56am On Aug 15, 2015
in other words the man inadvertently admits the heart of the late king gets eaten and they in fact do sacrifices.obviously knowing he can get into trouble,he wont come here to tell us they use humans.as someone said ,who really cares about all these nonsense.the late oni was a modern man all the way,he guessed he would die and yet elects to go and die in a london hospital ignoring the legion of native doctors and herbalists in yorubaland.The guy just used the throne to enjoy his life .
Re: “The Next Ooni Will Not Eat Sijuwade’s Heart” - Ife Chief by TheDauraMallam: 10:57am On Aug 15, 2015
Jospenboy:
That's our culture. ... but not biblical

Foolish post.

Deny your culture, and accept the white man's packaged stories.

Even the white men don dey deny the stories. But you still cling on to it like coal tar.

Kontunu.
Re: “The Next Ooni Will Not Eat Sijuwade’s Heart” - Ife Chief by limfo: 10:58am On Aug 15, 2015
Big batua!! grin
Re: “The Next Ooni Will Not Eat Sijuwade’s Heart” - Ife Chief by limfo: 10:58am On Aug 15, 2015
limfo:
Big batua!! grin
Re: “The Next Ooni Will Not Eat Sijuwade’s Heart” - Ife Chief by oloriadejoke(f): 10:59am On Aug 15, 2015
Fat lie,abeg no dey give us bobo drink jareee we are both sons and daughters on the soil and we know that no tribes jokes with their customs and tradition

1 Like

Re: “The Next Ooni Will Not Eat Sijuwade’s Heart” - Ife Chief by OgaJonah(m): 10:59am On Aug 15, 2015
I don tire wit this man news everyday. Abi them don pour sand on him yesterday.
Re: “The Next Ooni Will Not Eat Sijuwade’s Heart” - Ife Chief by jeje123(m): 10:59am On Aug 15, 2015
Lets say d truth no matter how bitter it's!
Re: “The Next Ooni Will Not Eat Sijuwade’s Heart” - Ife Chief by ManTiger(m): 10:59am On Aug 15, 2015
...then the Isoro's shall ask him "kilo je"? And he shall answer "Mo je Oba". That's after the completion of the sacrifice which include... in the inner room.

1 Like

Re: “The Next Ooni Will Not Eat Sijuwade’s Heart” - Ife Chief by ceejay80s(m): 11:01am On Aug 15, 2015
And I believe the oni go dey expect to enter heaven after he don eat human being heart ? So yoruba never stop these rubbish, how can u bury a living being with person wey don die and u call it tradition
Re: “The Next Ooni Will Not Eat Sijuwade’s Heart” - Ife Chief by lengraaam04o: 11:03am On Aug 15, 2015
Re: “The Next Ooni Will Not Eat Sijuwade’s Heart” - Ife Chief by 247notire(m): 11:04am On Aug 15, 2015
But only one page. Why?
ascholani09:
Y do they have to eat someones ♥ in d first places. Dat tradition is riridiculous, disgusting.well sha, tank GOD it's no more.. And also let dat abobaku of a tin should be scraped off. In D world 2day is either u ar a Muslim (beliver) or a Christian, and am sure he and his household should be either one of d two.. So Pls let dem 4get all dis disgraceful act in d name of a so called tradition. I rest my case.
But only one page. Why?

Re: “The Next Ooni Will Not Eat Sijuwade’s Heart” - Ife Chief by funkybully(f): 11:04am On Aug 15, 2015
Story for d gods. Animal heart eaten not human heart? As far as heart is eaten, How do We confirm? Why was d oba buried by 12 midnight and none of his family members witnessed it except the ogboni cult memers u call oro cult members? What happens to his corpse in d dark before burial?

Just like they denied the death of d ooni till rituals were completed, they will also deny this heart eating nonsense cos it can be taken up by d authority.
Re: “The Next Ooni Will Not Eat Sijuwade’s Heart” - Ife Chief by OrlandoOwoh(m): 11:05am On Aug 15, 2015
Ifayemi Elebuibon, one of the great custodians of the culture and tradition of the Yoruba people. This Ifa priest practises his trade even in the Americas, Europe, Asia and the West Indies.
Re: “The Next Ooni Will Not Eat Sijuwade’s Heart” - Ife Chief by Nobody: 11:07am On Aug 15, 2015
ennysuccess:
Hmmmm na wa for this so called throne o

I'm a prince and we don't practice such dubious acts

U are a prince and you can't afford common N250 naira glasses to take a picture, you had to use photo editor to give your self glasses. Smh undecided
Re: “The Next Ooni Will Not Eat Sijuwade’s Heart” - Ife Chief by ceejay80s(m): 11:07am On Aug 15, 2015
amuniiopz:
na wah o....but my question is, why was his wives and children barred from there the king's burial.... something fetish must be happening there...I don't trust those chiefs.
U no dey watch yoruba films, dem wan remove all vital organs for ritual, dem no want make him family know
Re: “The Next Ooni Will Not Eat Sijuwade’s Heart” - Ife Chief by refreshrate: 11:10am On Aug 15, 2015
...says the guy who said the ooni was not dead and in fact they spoke with him the day before.

1 Like

Re: “The Next Ooni Will Not Eat Sijuwade’s Heart” - Ife Chief by ojosegun2011(m): 11:11am On Aug 15, 2015
Ignorance is a terrible disease. In this modern time people still believe those old story of human sacrifice. There is nothing like that again we are too much engrossed in rumour mongering in Nigeria.[color=#550000][/color]
Re: “The Next Ooni Will Not Eat Sijuwade’s Heart” - Ife Chief by Dindondin(m): 11:14am On Aug 15, 2015
Austin4lif:
I dnt really know if yoruba people practice real islam or Christianity without adding fetish practices. This is cannibalistic, show us the animal heart or we will not believe it.
people like me practice real Christianity but we don't neglect our culture.
Its not about fetishism

1 Like 1 Share

Re: “The Next Ooni Will Not Eat Sijuwade’s Heart” - Ife Chief by Nobody: 11:14am On Aug 15, 2015
Nigerian traditionalists have been practicing cannibalism for long. Eating dead king's heart is more than horrible and disgusting thing to do!

Holy Moses would have to help the good people divide the red sea for them to leave the primitive part of land of evil to the promised part flowing with milk and honey. That country is full of evil.

It is time to stop all traditional activities in that society so that it can move forward and the people can live a civilized life.angry angry angry angry lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed cry cry cry

1 Like

Re: “The Next Ooni Will Not Eat Sijuwade’s Heart” - Ife Chief by 9jatatafo(m): 11:15am On Aug 15, 2015
These Ife chiefs have come again. Always giving us story. This is how the death of the Ooni was denied at the beginning.

1 Like

Re: “The Next Ooni Will Not Eat Sijuwade’s Heart” - Ife Chief by guiddoti: 11:17am On Aug 15, 2015
I would myself biliv this epistle, if they kill, can anyone come on air to tell us.
[color=#990000][/color] cry

2 Likes

Re: “The Next Ooni Will Not Eat Sijuwade’s Heart” - Ife Chief by fako1(m): 11:17am On Aug 15, 2015
A new king eating the heart of the deceased king isnt a new thing. Dats d tradition. And d chief saying no life will be used for sacrifice. #storyforthegods. They chiefs are trying to sound civilized! We all know sum aspect, we give ceasar wat is due. Except if una irunmole don dey take chicken and chips as sacrifice.

2 Likes

Re: “The Next Ooni Will Not Eat Sijuwade’s Heart” - Ife Chief by Anuoluwapo3054(m): 11:18am On Aug 15, 2015
Story for the Orunmila,as if we don't know that's the practice. who's deceiving who? mtshewwwww.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: “The Next Ooni Will Not Eat Sijuwade’s Heart” - Ife Chief by Anuoluwapo3054(m): 11:20am On Aug 15, 2015
fako1:
A new king eating the heart of the deceased king isnt a new thing. Dats d tradition. And d chief saying no life will be used for sacrifice. #storyforthegods. They chiefs are trying to sound civilized! We all know sum aspect, we give ceasar wat is due. Except if una irunmole don dey take chicken and chips as sacrifice.
Don't mind them,as if we are kids who doesn't know their left from their right? shey we get tribal mark ni?

2 Likes

Re: “The Next Ooni Will Not Eat Sijuwade’s Heart” - Ife Chief by Uncletony(m): 11:26am On Aug 15, 2015
In this 21st century?!
Re: “The Next Ooni Will Not Eat Sijuwade’s Heart” - Ife Chief by Gablo500(m): 11:32am On Aug 15, 2015
[b][/b]
Wisdomkosi:
How e take concern me?

I Just Tire oooooooooo.
NL no get beta topic?
Wisdomkosi:
How e take concern me?

I Just Tire oooooooooo.
NL no get beta topic?
Wisdomkosi:
How e take concern me?

I Just Tire oooooooooo.
NL no get beta topic?
Re: “The Next Ooni Will Not Eat Sijuwade’s Heart” - Ife Chief by fragile96: 11:41am On Aug 15, 2015
angry Nothing pain me pass dis pple wey dey shout "yoruba dis, yoruba dat" as if dey dnt av their own culture and tradition, which is evn worst angry

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

A Brief Historical Origin Of Ibillo Community In Edo State / Baby Bump: Naomi Ogunwusi Pregnant? / The Beauty Of Northern Nigerian Women

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.