Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,607 members, 7,812,998 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 02:56 AM

“The Next Ooni Will Not Eat Sijuwade’s Heart” - Ife Chief - Culture (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / “The Next Ooni Will Not Eat Sijuwade’s Heart” - Ife Chief (58408 Views)

Aderemi Sijuwade Buys Car For Labisi Folawiyo Hours Before Their Wedding / Meet The Contenders To The Ooni Stool; How The New Ooni Will Emerge / How The Next Ooni Will Emerge – Priest (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: “The Next Ooni Will Not Eat Sijuwade’s Heart” - Ife Chief by tonychristopher: 2:47pm On Aug 15, 2015
Very barbaric and despicable culture and folks

1 Like

Re: “The Next Ooni Will Not Eat Sijuwade’s Heart” - Ife Chief by Shymm3x: 2:53pm On Aug 15, 2015
tonychristopher:
Very barbaric and despicable culture and folks

Definitely not as barbaric as the Osu caste system and communal cannibalistic feasts you lot practise, though. grin

Primitive people!
Re: “The Next Ooni Will Not Eat Sijuwade’s Heart” - Ife Chief by Shymm3x: 2:55pm On Aug 15, 2015
georgylee:
Must this be a subject of debate on the pages.......? Rather, should remain purely an issue within the tradtion and custom of Yoruba heritage and Africa at large.......

Well said.

The custodians of Yoruba culture are loutish and stupid. Not everything should be discussed on the pages of newspaper and the internet. And if at all they want to change anything, it should be a private thing. These folks are just making a mockery of everything and they don't know when to shut up.
Re: “The Next Ooni Will Not Eat Sijuwade’s Heart” - Ife Chief by aribs(m): 3:02pm On Aug 15, 2015
Sweetlemon:
I don't know why all these chiefs are bothering with all these lies.
undecided
If they are feeling guilty then they can abolish the damn tradition. But it should not be like they are trying to make themselves look better because abeg leave story, Royalty in Africa is very very very very dirty business. The kinds of things these royals and their chiefs do periodically ehn? You will coil! The King's death is the zenith of all. You just cannot imagine!

As for those saying the Oba is now a Christian. Leave that thing. No pastor can do nada. The Oba is a public property. He belongs to his people. I don't even think an Oba or any King can even decide to step down. Once you've been chosen by the oracle, you are the King whether you like it or not, if you no like am, then die.
Have you attended a coronation before? I have and no one dies in the process. do you know the number of people that would have been reported missing if it were fact that humans were used as sacrifice? It amuses me how the ignorant are the ones whose fingers type the fastest when speaking about things they are totally clueless about. take your time and ask questions then you can speak with authority not base your comments on foolish people who just type rubbish on the internet and pass it along for you guys. there is no tradition to abolish because it has not happened in many many years. hopefully you have been better educated now
Re: “The Next Ooni Will Not Eat Sijuwade’s Heart” - Ife Chief by icecool982: 3:03pm On Aug 15, 2015
I wish that was true but far from it,bunch of liars!
Re: “The Next Ooni Will Not Eat Sijuwade’s Heart” - Ife Chief by aribs(m): 3:06pm On Aug 15, 2015
Shymm3x:

Well said.

The custodians of Yoruba culture are loutish and stupid. Not everything should be discussed on the pages of newspaper and the internet. And if at all they want to change anything, it should be a private thing. These folks are just making a mockery of everything and they don't know when to shut up.
I am sure they said what they said to dispel the erroneous information being peddled around by those who have no idea what they are doing or saying. you want them to be accused of performing human sacrifice in this internet age? the implications of that to them and their family members would be enormous socially. blame those with cheap internet access who chose to spread stupid untrue news and those who were gullible enough to believe such idiocy with no research. No one dies and the fact that they keep their rites secret means they don't need the speculation or people poking their noses into what is not their business
Re: “The Next Ooni Will Not Eat Sijuwade’s Heart” - Ife Chief by aribs(m): 3:07pm On Aug 15, 2015
icecool982:
I wish that was true but far from it,bunch of liars!
Did you provide the human sacrifice?
Re: “The Next Ooni Will Not Eat Sijuwade’s Heart” - Ife Chief by lastpage: 3:13pm On Aug 15, 2015
Re: “The Next Ooni Will Not Eat Sijuwade’s Heart” - Ife Chief by lastpage: 3:13pm On Aug 15, 2015
pimplucious:
Na today yansh get centre parting? Tell that to the gods.

edited: here's to the real heros that have sacrificed their lives for a better nigeria, Dr. Stella Ayemo Adadevoh who died preventing the Liberian from escaping to public. May her soul RIP, LIEUTENANT SHITU KYOM LEO, . CAPTAIN KENNETH ONUBAH, MAJOR SAMUEL JEGA KANADY DALAKY etc who died fighting book haram

Y'all are the super gender, the real soldiers. May u all rest in peace

Dont forget to add [size=18pt]Prof Atahiru Jega[/size] , the one who ensured that criminal politicians cannot take Nigerians for granted since "Card reader" will ensure that our vote COUNTS! He is a hero of our time, may he live long!

And we shall vote out any criminal Politician! I hope Buahri is listening now? 2019 is just a few 'days' away! undecided undecided

Lastpage!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: “The Next Ooni Will Not Eat Sijuwade’s Heart” - Ife Chief by Shymm3x: 3:18pm On Aug 15, 2015
aribs:

I am sure they said what they said to dispel the erroneous information being peddled around by those who have no idea what they are doing or saying. you want them to be accused of performing human sacrifice in this internet age? the implications of that to them and their family members would be enormous socially. blame those with cheap internet access who chose to spread stupid untrue news and those who were gullible enough to believe such idiocy with no research. No one dies and the fact that they keep their rites secret means they don't need the speculation or people poking their noses into what is not their business

The Roman Catholic Church doesn't announce whatever ritual/rites they undergo to select a new Pope. Same for all the important royal families in the world. Why is this one different?

They don't owe anyone an explanation for anything. And talking everywhere about it, is the reason why all the these ignorant savages have turned the whole process into comic relief for mockery. Isn't Ife meant to be the spiritual home of all Yorubas? Now imagine how nauseating the whole thing, especially for folks who adore Yoruba culture/traditions - especially when it has to do with the Kingship of a place as important as that. They should just bury the dead and stop disgracing Yoruba folks everywhere.
Re: “The Next Ooni Will Not Eat Sijuwade’s Heart” - Ife Chief by lastpage: 3:21pm On Aug 15, 2015
aribs:

Have you attended a coronation before? I have and no one dies in the process. do you know the number of people that would have been reported missing if it were fact that humans were used as sacrifice? It amuses me how the ignorant are the ones whose fingers type the fastest when speaking about things they are totally clueless about. take your time and ask questions then you can speak with authority not base your comments on foolish people who just type rubbish on the internet and pass it along for you guys. there is no tradition to abolish because it has not happened in many many years. hopefully you have been better educated now

What exactly are you saying? You dont know nadda so STFU!

Please, l am from a royal family and "of age" as well. I have seen things with my own naked eyes, ...in the past.

Those things being discussed are NOT DONE at the Coronation proper (that one is a public event for all "neophyte eyes"wink.

The "preparation" is done way before then and its done in utter secrecy in the dead of the night and in places where only the "initiated" are allowed entry.

Even his wife and children dont have access to such initiation ceremony; only the "elders".

I doubt they can even abolish it because it is TRADITION and THAT IS HOW IT IS DONE .....though they are under immense pressure now that "internet and phone technology" is trying to expose that which use to be very secret and cultish. undecided undecided

But then, hwy are they even bordering to change people's opinion like they owe anyone an explanation?
Its our Tradition and culture and whoever does not like it can phuck-off to where they came from.

Lastpage!

2 Likes

Re: “The Next Ooni Will Not Eat Sijuwade’s Heart” - Ife Chief by Nobody: 3:28pm On Aug 15, 2015
Shymm3x:

You're a m0ron!

I used homosexuality as an example cos I know you're a flaming phaggot.

Homosexuality started as class ritual in ancient Europe, and the practice continued till medieval times, until it became a lifestyle for the people. However, European royal families still perform the ritual. I was alluding to the fact that homosexuality ritual is still done in the present times by the European royal families, Roman Catholic Church, and a lot of the most powerful western cults in the world - just as it has now become a lifestyle phaggots like you can embrace and act like it's civilisation.

So, my question is this, flaming phaggot: if you don't have a problem with a lifestyle that started as a ritual for Western nobility (and it's still a ritual to the upper class western society) - why do you have a problem with an African ritual?
What a f**king excuse you have there! I am not a homosexual, you i d i o t!How many times would I have to say that to you? Jeez! You are so dense! What is wrong with you, sir? angry lipsrsealed cry cry cry
Re: “The Next Ooni Will Not Eat Sijuwade’s Heart” - Ife Chief by kriss15: 3:29pm On Aug 15, 2015
lying set of people! They were still the same set of people that denied that the Ooni was still alive when the news of his death came up.
If the next Ooni likes let him eat human head am less concern.
Re: “The Next Ooni Will Not Eat Sijuwade’s Heart” - Ife Chief by Shymm3x: 3:37pm On Aug 15, 2015
all4naija:

What a f**king excuse you have there! I am not a homosexual, you i d i o t!How many times would I have to say that to you? Jeez! You are so dense! What is wrong with you, sir? angry lipsrsealed cry cry cry

Lol. You're a phaggot and the lifestyle you align with is just as barbaric and primitive as the one you're critiquing! grin

Flaming phaggot, how about shut the fvck up and practise the "freedom"/"equality" you're preaching? It's a free world, and traditionalists/animists have a right to engage in whatever their belief system practises, just as you're a perpetual butt pirate, you despicable booty bandit and dyck in the booty bonobo.
Re: “The Next Ooni Will Not Eat Sijuwade’s Heart” - Ife Chief by tete7000(m): 3:37pm On Aug 15, 2015
Beautiful to hear these barbaric part of our culture have been forgone. However, while it is a good news nobody was caught during the oro ritual, I am still curious: 'Had someone been caught, what would have been the punishment?'.
Re: “The Next Ooni Will Not Eat Sijuwade’s Heart” - Ife Chief by pimplucious: 3:39pm On Aug 15, 2015
Brightology2:
I greet u humbly sir,4 remembring them.

U are acknowledged big man
Re: “The Next Ooni Will Not Eat Sijuwade’s Heart” - Ife Chief by Rebuke: 4:01pm On Aug 15, 2015
[quote author=all4naija post=36980508]
Ptui! Don't you quote me again, savagge! You cannibal! How many human hearts have you eaten? I puke all over your face!

Africans, most especially, Nigerians are always giving excuses for evil! I don't understand such barbarism. Jeez!
angry lipsrsealed cry cry cry[/quote

Very barbaric I tell you. Just can't construe how any reasonable person will be defending such a terrible practice. Tomorrow they'll be crying up and down looking for solution to problems they've brought upon themselves by such practices.

How do you eat human heart in the name of culture? How do you seek a human be buried along side a dead king in the name of culture? Sooooo irritating. Very silly practice. Have had a talk with some one from that region and it's being confirmed to be very true.
I rebuke such.

1 Like

Re: “The Next Ooni Will Not Eat Sijuwade’s Heart” - Ife Chief by Nobody: 4:10pm On Aug 15, 2015
Barbarism @ its peak...Humans eating other dead human heart. Tufiakwa.
Re: “The Next Ooni Will Not Eat Sijuwade’s Heart” - Ife Chief by Rebuke: 4:20pm On Aug 15, 2015
all4naija:

Sorry dude, you are wasting your time dragging issue with that psycho. I wonder where those two likes for him are coming from. Rest your fingers bro, don't waste your time on him. He's a pervert. I'm very careful who I relate with these days......many are sick upstairs. I rebuke that pervert for real.

1 Like

Re: “The Next Ooni Will Not Eat Sijuwade’s Heart” - Ife Chief by jemir000: 4:29pm On Aug 15, 2015
da ;Dmmywizzy:
Asshole u are not making sense
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

okponu
Re: “The Next Ooni Will Not Eat Sijuwade’s Heart” - Ife Chief by Shymm3x: 4:41pm On Aug 15, 2015
Rebuke:

Sorry dude, you are wasting your time dragging issue with that psycho. I wonder where those two likes for him are coming from. Rest your fingers bro, don't waste your time on him. He's a pervert. I'm very careful who I relate with these days......many are sick upstairs. I rebuke that pervert for real.

Says an accursed m0ron who's always scrounging the internet for used items (just take a look at the two topics you created). Who knows if ya brain cells (that's if you have got any and not faeces for brain matter) is also used, you bummy oaf.

I honestly don't know who asked for ya idiotic opinions on a practice that's secluded for folks from the royal bloodline of a particular group. Or are you an Ife royalty? And to those from the bloodline - it's an optional thing. If you don't have an interest in the practice, you can reject the crown and do whatever it's you do. Effing bummy savage, ever wondered why you can only afford used things? - it's basically because you're too dumb and vacuous to navigate the planet. Wretched pillock!
Re: “The Next Ooni Will Not Eat Sijuwade’s Heart” - Ife Chief by t2luv1: 5:45pm On Aug 15, 2015
Jospenboy:
That's our culture. ... but not biblical

And what culture is that if you dont mind me asking.
Re: “The Next Ooni Will Not Eat Sijuwade’s Heart” - Ife Chief by Shymm3x: 5:45pm On Aug 15, 2015
@all4naija and the other African savages/zombies

This is an article about real life vampires who drink human blood in America (they're in their thousands worldwide): http://www.theguardian.com/society/2015/aug/15/real-life-vampires-interview

No one is disturbing them and they're allowed to lead whatever lifestyle they want.

Rather than use ya God given brain cells to stimulate intellectualism and proffer solutions to how solve the unique problem plaguing the continent/country - you utterly dumb folks are fixated on troubling folks who aren't disturbing you. Yet you wonder why there's no progression in Africa. When you loafers aren't dancing around like monkeys, it's about spamming everywhere with ya vacuous pseudo-civilise nonsense when you have no understanding of anything - apart from being fed like overgrown babies.

Just leave these people alone to perform whatever rites they want to perform as long as they aren't troubling you.
Re: “The Next Ooni Will Not Eat Sijuwade’s Heart” - Ife Chief by Rebuke: 5:48pm On Aug 15, 2015
Shymm3x:

Says an accursed m0ron who's always scrounging the internet for used items (just take a look at the two topics you created). Who knows if ya brain cells (that's if you have got any and not faeces for brain matter) is also used, you bummy oaf.

I honestly don't know who asked for ya idiotic opinions on a practice that's secluded for folks from the royal bloodline of a particular group. Or are you an Ife royalty? And to those from the bloodline - it's an optional thing. If you don't have an interest in the practice, you can reject the crown and do whatever it's you do. Effing bummy savage, ever wondered why you can only afford used things? - it's basically because you're too dumb and vacuous to navigate the planet. Wretched pillock!

Peeeew! So, you had to go check my profile to know how to get back at me huh? Well, if that is the best interpretation you can get from my topics, cool. Obviously, it's the best your brain can process. You may ask me for an award later, for your stupidity.

Pervert looking for a way to justify a barbaric culture. Go and bury your head in shame that you find nothing wrong with a practice that demands a human heart being eaten or another man buried alive with a dead king in the name of culture.

Sorry bro, but you are really sick upstairs. I rebuke you psycho.

Re: “The Next Ooni Will Not Eat Sijuwade’s Heart” - Ife Chief by Shymm3x: 5:57pm On Aug 15, 2015
Rebuke:

Peeeew! So, you had to go check my profile to know how to get back at me huh? Well, if that is the best interpretation you can get from my topics, cool. Obviously, it's the best your brain can process. You may ask me for an award later, for your stupidity.

Pervert looking for a way to justify a barbaric culture. Go and bury your head in shame that you find nothing wrong with a practice that demands a human heart being eaten or another man buried alive with a dead king in the name of culture.

Sorry bro, but you are really sick upstairs. I rebuke you psycho.

Nah, I rebuke perpetual poverty, used brain cells, and scrounging the internet for used items to buy. grin

Do you even know what a pervert is? And what's perverted about an optional rite that's secluded for a class of people to attain a certain status, without bothering others? This is why you should've opted for a brand new brain - rather than a used one, you homo habilis from the Hominini tribe and a curse on civilisation. The only depraved dark skinned neaderthal here is you with ya twisted and stolid thought process.

Anyway, I've got a Pakistani brethren that sells new brain cells for cheap - I can give you a hook up if you want. Utterly dumb bonobo! grin
Re: “The Next Ooni Will Not Eat Sijuwade’s Heart” - Ife Chief by Nobody: 6:38pm On Aug 15, 2015
i dont expect them to tell us the truth.
Re: “The Next Ooni Will Not Eat Sijuwade’s Heart” - Ife Chief by Rebuke: 7:03pm On Aug 15, 2015
Shymm3x:

Nah, I rebuke perpetual poverty, used brain cells, and scrounging the internet for used items to buy. grin

Do you even know what a pervert is? And what's perverted about an optional rite that's secluded for a class of people to attain a certain status, without bothering others? This is why you should've opted for a brand new brain - rather than a used one, you homo habilis from the Hominini tribe and a curse on civilisation. The only depraved dark skinned neaderthal here is you with ya twisted and stolid thought process.

Anyway, I've got a Pakistani brethren that sells new brain cells for cheap - I can give you a hook up if you want. Utterly dumb bonobo! grin

Hahaha, you just said poverty huh? I don't think I owe you any explanation on any of my topics. I see your brain is too weak for a good reasoning. Sh*t, that moment when you come to know the person you call poor can feed you, laughssss!. Shine your eyez dude.

Most of us here know the advantage of nairaland and we are using it positively. Don't come here forming big boy when in a real sense you are a broke ass and a low life nigga.

If at all you have a brain, you would face the topic of discussion and not trying too hard to display your stupidity in public.

We're saying no to a barbaric culture; one that calls for eating of human heart and burying alive another human along with a dead king in the name of culture.

Now, get the hell outa here man, you don't deserve the honour I have accorded you so far. Off you go!
Re: “The Next Ooni Will Not Eat Sijuwade’s Heart” - Ife Chief by Shymm3x: 7:37pm On Aug 15, 2015
Rebuke:

Hahaha, you just said poverty huh? I don't think I owe you any explanation on any of my topics. I see your brain is too weak for a good reasoning. Sh*t, that moment when you come to know the person you call poor can feed you, laughssss!. Shine your eyez dude.

Most of us here know the advantage of nairaland and we are using it positively. Don't come here forming big boy when in a real sense you are a broke ass and a low life nigga.

If at all you have a brain, you would face the topic of discussion and not trying too hard to display your stupidity in public.

We're saying no to a barbaric culture; one that calls for eating of human heart and burying alive another human along with a dead king in the name of culture.

Now, get the hell outa here man, you don't deserve the honour I have accorded you so far. Off you go!

Lmao @ feed me. grin With what, though? - I guess used/expired food, no? I doubt you can feed yourself and I bet you look anorexic in an hunger induced way. Honestly, I'm not the type to make fun of needy/disadvantaged folks cos I understand life better...but you're a joke thing. grin Anyway, since it seems you like used things, I've got a lot of items I'm trying to get rid of, you can shout me if you're interested. And you don't need to pay for them. I'm nice like that.

Also, even if the proposed new king would've to eat the heart of the dead one, as part of the ritual and the individual has no problem whatsoever with it - how does that affect ya life? You see, that's why folks like you never amount to nothing in life. Rather than focus on ya journey/race in life, you expend too much energy/time on what others are doing. Especially things that don't affect you in any way/shape/form. And also why African folks are perpetually at the bottom of the totem pole of everything and intellectually dead.

Regardless, you write like an illiterate and I guess that's induced by the cheap used brain you opted for. I'm done playing on the pontoon boat with you. Time to pull the pontoon off and let you sink in ya absurdity and, asinine mentality, you gormless yokel with mucus for brain matter.

Ciao! cool
Re: “The Next Ooni Will Not Eat Sijuwade’s Heart” - Ife Chief by freshdude99(m): 7:46pm On Aug 15, 2015
Simple26:
Shootbird
Na Madonna university slang be dat o, are u one of us?
Re: “The Next Ooni Will Not Eat Sijuwade’s Heart” - Ife Chief by stevinco(m): 7:50pm On Aug 15, 2015
Culture na culture sefini
Re: “The Next Ooni Will Not Eat Sijuwade’s Heart” - Ife Chief by front247: 8:53pm On Aug 15, 2015
Africa man does not want to change frm his fetish ways so if he does not eat d heart of man or animal he cannot be king . My people perish for lack of knowledge

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

A Brief Historical Origin Of Ibillo Community In Edo State / Baby Bump: Naomi Ogunwusi Pregnant? / The Beauty Of Northern Nigerian Women

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.