Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,542 members, 7,823,373 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 09:15 AM

If Igbos Are Butchered Again, Nigeria Will Break; Fani- Kayode Warns - Politics (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / If Igbos Are Butchered Again, Nigeria Will Break; Fani- Kayode Warns (48569 Views)

'Do Not Murder Sleep In Ondo'' - Femi Fani-kayode Warns INEC / Fani-Kayode Warns Lai Mohammed: 'Stop Insulting PDP Or I Will Spank You' / If Igbos Are Butchered Again, Nigeria Will Break; Fani- Kayode Warns (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If Igbos Are Butchered Again, Nigeria Will Break; Fani- Kayode Warns by TRUTHTOPOWER: 7:07pm On Aug 19, 2015
Evaromantik:
Dear Fani Kayode............i didn't think this should bother you alot.....it will cost a numpty nothing to observe that the Biafrans have been subdued and kept under pressure since Nigeria came into existence i.e 1914......i must be giving thanks to God that my people are becoming interested in the issue of Biafra once again.....the jaunty junaid is actually calling on the wrath that will swallow him up,forgeting that 1970 to 2015 has the interval of 45yrs....i wasn't born then,but my father[Biafran soldier] told me about the genocide and i went blue in hatred towards the Northerners.......we Biafrans have rejig with what happened some 45yrs again and the atmosphere reek strongly of the elimination of the Europian-given-name Nigeria....we aswell are trying to reunite with our brothers[south-south] that receded away from us decades of years ago....Nigeria is a country that comprises of nations.i dn't knw how you will tell me one Nigeria while ,since the creation of Nigeria,our problem had been tribalism,nepotism and religeous conflicts.....junaid is making a nuisance of himself with such stinking statement he blowed into the air.....he should curb the streak aspect of his nuisance making because Biafra is obviously coming like a zion train to take us home to the promised land........our thirst for Biafra can never quench and is inexorable aswell.....ogologo ndu oh Biafra

The justice you seek, sir, is your fundamental right. I wish I could get some enlightenment from you if you feel disposed. I will understand, if you declined to attend to one or two questions I feel compelled to ask you:
1. If you believe that Dr Junaid speaks for non-Biafrans, how did you come to that belief?
2. If you considered the possibility that some some Nigerians hold Igbos in high esteem no more and no less than they hold their tribes men, will it be fair to project them as enemies of the Biafran dream?
3. How can the Biafran Dream be actualized in an atmosphere of hostility?
4. if there are hostilities where are the potential frontiers and who are the potential casualties?
5. if there is a declared capital of Biafra will that be a necessary military target for Federal troops?
Will Abuja be necessary military target for Biafran troops?
6. If you look at the radii of both targets geographically, what do you think the collateral impact of assault would be in terms of geographical spread?
7.Do you not think that before the people of kwara or sokoto would feel the impact of hostilities, south eastern states, given their proximity, would have felt it at least 3 times harder?
8. In the event of hostilities, what happens to billion dollar investments of would be Biafrans in a country where they would be regarded as hostile aliens?
9.Is Biafran Dream possible without hostilities?
10. what is the best approach?
11 Is the aspiration of the ordinary Nigerian ( fulfillment of fundamental rights FHR) different from that of a would be Biafra?
12. if FHR is available for everyone will there still be a need for separation?
13. if politics are conducted along ethnic lines will the outcome not reflect the process?
14. if politics are conducted on strictly FHR basis will the outcome not essentially reflect FHR.

Observation:- Ordinary citizens fan the embers of war even though they have neither bunkers, escape route nor the wherewithal to acquire vital supplies to sustain them in the even of protracted hostilities. why? if an ethnic group feels so alienated from others it must consider its options for separation very carefully. if its indigenes are broadly dispersed, its lands are virtually locked in, its population is less than 1/3, its food supplies are out sourced and and some of its leaders may switch allegiance when push comes to shove, then the only GODLY option is dialogue and firm commitment towards social justice. They will not keep quiet when others are suffering because what goes around comes around. "follow peace with all men" - this is the canon of Christ.
Re: If Igbos Are Butchered Again, Nigeria Will Break; Fani- Kayode Warns by laudate: 7:28pm On Aug 19, 2015
TRUTHTOPOWER:

The justice you seek, sir, is your fundamental right. I wish I could get a some enlightenment from you if you feel disposed. I will understand, if you declined to attend to one or two questions I feel compelled to ask you:...........

Hmmmn....is TruthtoPower, FFK's pseudonym? Or is FFK the same person as TruthtoPower? Just asking. Curious minds would like to know....? cool
Re: If Igbos Are Butchered Again, Nigeria Will Break; Fani- Kayode Warns by TRUTHTOPOWER: 7:37pm On Aug 19, 2015
laudate:

Hmmmn....is TruthtoPower, FFK's pseudonym? Or is FFK the same person as TruthtoPower? Just asking. Curious minds would like to know....? cool

We are pole apart. I AM Proudly a Change Agent. Charity All and Malice to None.
Re: If Igbos Are Butchered Again, Nigeria Will Break; Fani- Kayode Warns by TRUTHTOPOWER: 7:37pm On Aug 19, 2015
laudate:

We are poles apart. I AM Proudly a Change Agent. Charity All and Malice to None.
Re: If Igbos Are Butchered Again, Nigeria Will Break; Fani- Kayode Warns by ACM10: 8:50pm On Aug 19, 2015
LastProphet:

illiteracy is a deadly disease, someone told you a public knowledge is documented and you are asking him for the source without knowing where to go, a major event like a civil war and you asking where to go? did you even see the reply of the person i talked to who is supposed to be very angry if he was a mofo like you? take the advice i gave you before, your shop won't run away before you finish school cert

Seriously I underestimated your stupidity. What do you mean by "public knowledge?" Who is public? You and your hopeless father. . You must be a darn fool to think that you can confuse me with your grammar.

Now let me refresh your mind with the bolded.

LastProphet:

I wish I had enough time I would have taken my time to write you a worthy reply since you sound educated at least. now first off I am not Ibo, hausa or yoruba and have no desire to be any so listen very well:

1) Nigeria did not start the war, Ibos started it. Kaduna Nzeogu did a coup and killed all other regional leaders except his own - Okpara, who was assisted to escape by other igbo officers. The same Nzeogu was the one that slaughtered Ahmadu Bello right in his palace in front of his family and no SINGLE HAUSA RAISED A VOICE. it took more than 3 GOOD GOOD WEEKS before Hausas and other tribes began to give the Nzeogu coup a tribal interpretation. Killing Ahmadu is equivalent to killing the Ooni of Ife, Oba of Lagos and Alafin of Oyo together and YET YOU REMAIN UNHARMED FOR WEEKS FOLLOWING THAT. Can anybody try that with any tribe and just get away? It is only Ibos in their natural sense of arrogance that can do such a thing and assume you cant do anything and that was what they paid for.

2) Please this is also documented - Ibos were warned severally both by word of mouth and radio many many weeks before the fighting broke out in the north to leave, any Ibo that denies this must be flogged on his brain. Kaduna radio was used to annouce many many times to Ibos to leave and that they were no longer welcomed YET THE IBOS REMAINED and to make matters worse they even started to ridicule the late Ahmadu Bello, IT IS DOCUMENTED that many Ibo traders started selling caricature photos of the late emir entering hell fire at markets and public places. If you were hausa and you got to market you will be shown the calendar-like paper as the Ibos mocked everyone. This was what led to the unfortunate 'araba' massacre which started in kaduna where my family grew up at the time

I choose to ignore your hate-filled conjectures and stereotypes. Now, tell us about this document which you are privy to. I want to learn too. I won't allow you to throw assertions carelessly. Give us a link to that documented public knowledge.

1 Like

Re: If Igbos Are Butchered Again, Nigeria Will Break; Fani- Kayode Warns by Algebra12: 9:08pm On Aug 19, 2015
laudate:

Now you have truly lost me. Am scratching my head trying to understand what you meant, by saying: "Biafra is a geographical located just off the coast of the Bight of Biafra. It simply is not a creation of Ojukwu and does not constitute only Igbo people."

Can you explain this? My thoughts were that Biafra comprises of the South-East (SE) Igbo as well as indigenous Igbo in the Niger-Delta. Is that correct? undecided

The geographical area called Biafra was derived from the name of the surrounding coastal waters, the Bight of Biafra. And within this area, you find other ethnic nationalities in addition to the igbo people.
The south east of Nigeria as we know it today, isn't really d geographical south east of Nigeria, but a political south east. The south east would be all the area East of the Niger.
Re: If Igbos Are Butchered Again, Nigeria Will Break; Fani- Kayode Warns by Kaysalas(m): 10:04pm On Aug 19, 2015
Duru1:

The above crap can only be a product of Nigerian thought process. It never occurred to me or any other reasonable fellow that a coup precipitated by members of Nigerian armed forces will degenerate into civil war. One wonders if Nigerian soldiers came from various nationalities. Can the poster of the above junk tell us why many coups after the civil war did not lead to civil war? Since you sounded like a political minnow, you should realize that coup plotters do not set out to kill as equal number of political operatives from equal number of ethnic groups. Only tribal irredentists such as you have a knack for such foolish stream of thought. May I ask you who warned eastern region of Nigeria about the impending perils of civil war? Have any Nigerian engaged in civil war besides peace-keeping duty in Congo? It is shame that most dumbass Nigerians do not know when to keep their putrid mouth shut.
over and over again, i see it with my very own eyes the fact that people result to verbal or physical abuse when short of credible/intelligent points to back up their reasoning. The guy you issued this response made a lot of sense. Call me names if you like, but it doesnt change the fact who the bigot is here. (kindly notice i am not one to BASH other tribes, i read up to know more about Naija history)

2 Likes

Re: If Igbos Are Butchered Again, Nigeria Will Break; Fani- Kayode Warns by LastProphet: 8:13am On Aug 20, 2015
ACM10:

Seriously I underestimated your stupidity. What do you mean by "public knowledge?" Who is public? You and your hopeless father. . You must be a darn fool to think that you can confuse me with your grammar.

I choose to ignore your hate-filled conjectures and stereotypes. Now, tell us about this document which you are privy to. I want to learn too. I won't allow you to throw assertions carelessly. Give us a link to that documented public knowledge.

give me a link to the document that claims ibos are black people, at least that should prove your father is not a complete idiottt
Re: If Igbos Are Butchered Again, Nigeria Will Break; Fani- Kayode Warns by LastProphet: 8:38am On Aug 20, 2015
ACM10:

lest i forget, you were called an emotional fellow earlier in the thread, have you finished insulting The person? please hurry up on that so that you can respond to me with expected excrement

1 Like

Re: If Igbos Are Butchered Again, Nigeria Will Break; Fani- Kayode Warns by GentleToks(m): 8:57am On Aug 20, 2015
centjamie:

Jesus! My guy you have so much hatred inside of you.i don't normally talk on issues like this,but for you to have brought Nolly wood into this discourse, shows how much you hate the igbo nation without any good reason hence,the need to quote you.

the nollywood that has producers,directors,actors and actresses,from different parts of Nigeria has suddenly been wrongly monopolized by the igbos? And they have also barred people of other ethnicity from breaking in? And if a yoruba,hausa,tiv or an idoma producer or director decided not to portray his culture but the igbos' in his movie,the igbo people are to be blamed?

My God! Why are people like this?
Wake up bro.

In abridgement of the many things i have to say,let me ask you this question......

let even believe you are right about the igbos, wouldn't it be better to allow them(igbos) break away than allowing them stay together in the same country with other tribes where they(igbos) lord their selfishness over others?

Your answer will tell you if you have been rational enough in your submission or not.

I ll humbly address your points with civility and respect cos of your manner of approach.

Firstly, I ll like to address the issue of Nollywood. In recent time, couple of Nollywood Yoruba actors have said that they were asked to changed their Yoruba name to English name before they could be offer a role while Igbo actor retained their Igbo names. And typical example of this repulsive attitude is a well known actress called Rukky(Rukiatu) Sandra. Also, a victim of this is Desmond Elliot who was forced to leave his Olushola Yoruba name out his names throughout his career in Nollywood. The same story is applicable to Ramsey Noah who equally left Tokunboh of his names through his journey in Nollywood. Ironically, Igbo actors such as Emeka Ike used his Igbo name through out his career.

Please, you can get in touch with these guys through their media platform to ask them about my submission but i doubt if they would come out to the public to say all these things anymore considering their status as far as Nollywood is concerned. However, if you search for one the Rukky's interview few years ago, she categorically stated it.

As a directors or producers, you don't necessarily need to portray your culture in all movies, otherwise it becomes boring which is what Nollywood has finally become; boring.

The irony of life is that a soothsayer usually sees the day people around him would die but fail to see his own. If a soothsayer couldn't see the day he would die, I am not expecting you to see this point of mine as an Igbo man.

Finally, nobody is holding Igbos back in Nigeria; Igbos can leave anytime any day if they want. How is this achievable without resulting to war? Recall all your senators, military officers, permanent secretaries in federal ministries, house members, your brothers and sisters from d West and d North so as to to pass your message across to the world that you are really mean business.

2 Likes

Re: If Igbos Are Butchered Again, Nigeria Will Break; Fani- Kayode Warns by pazienza(m): 9:04am On Aug 20, 2015
zendy:

Oh I see........ So it is the mandate of the Nigerian Army to " protect the territorial integrity of Nigeria"?. The same old "stale Dogma" that Gowon used commit mass murder.

News Flash!! Nigeria has no territorial integrity whatsoever to protect!! Nigeria is the construct of the White man who usurped the sovereignty of the native West-Africans he met on the ground and forced them into an unholy union without the consent of the natives. By this act of illegality, the territory of Nigeria has no intergrity and the Nigeria Army derives its power from a non a existent mandate. Nigeria is the product of gross illegality and criminality and Biafra is the only solution to this criminal enterprise

It's an illegal entity created by Caucasians for brain dead negros.
A look at how the Caucasians stayed as far away as Europe in their Kangaroo international court to issue a statement and instruct the OBJ the so called Civil war hero to hand over Bakkassi to Cameroun without putting up a single fight says it all. The coward was scared of defying the French, the caucasians hunt in pack( NATO) after all, and his fraud of a country can't manufacture her own weapons, he couldn't stand a French backed Cameroun that will have an unlimited supply of weapons from France in case of war, while the French force Britain and the rest of the Caucasian powers to stay away or join Cameroun if they must get involved, like Britain did with Biafra. The Coward knew the game too well and so quietly chickened out, it's easy to be a hero when you are but a Caucasian puppet with unlimited weapon supply. *grins

No real nation gives away it's territory without putting up a fight, but Nigeria did that on the altar of British- French illegal colonial treaties, so much for a country that fights to keep and protect her territory. More like a fraud that serves the purpose its Caucasian creators and can never dare go against Caucasian orders.

2 Likes

Re: If Igbos Are Butchered Again, Nigeria Will Break; Fani- Kayode Warns by centjamie(m): 12:42pm On Aug 20, 2015
GentleToks:

I ll humbly address your points with civility and respect cos of your manner of approach.

Firstly, I ll like to address the issue of Nollywood. In recent time, couple of Nollywood Yoruba actors have said that they were asked to changed their Yoruba name to English name before they could be offer a role while Igbo actor retained their Igbo names. And typical example of this repulsive attitude is a well known actress called Rukky(Rukiatu) Sandra. Also, a victim of this is Desmond Elliot who was forced to leave his Olushola Yoruba name out his names throughout his career in Nollywood. The same story is applicable to Ramsey Noah who equally left Tokunboh of his names through his journey in Nollywood. Ironically, Igbo actors such as Emeka Ike used his Igbo name through out his career.

Please, you can get in touch with these guys through their media platform to ask them about my submission but i doubt if they would come out to the public to say all these things anymore considering their status as far as Nollywood is concerned. However, if you search for one the Rukky's interview few years ago, she categorically stated it.

As a directors or producers, you don't necessarily need to portray your culture in all movies, otherwise it becomes boring which is what Nollywood has finally become; boring.

The irony of life is that a soothsayer usually sees the day people around him would die but fail to see his own. If a soothsayer couldn't see the day he would die, I am not expecting you to see this point of mine as an Igbo man.

Finally, nobody is holding Igbos back in Nigeria; Igbos can leave anytime any day if they want. How is this achievable without resulting to war? Recall all your senators, military officers, permanent secretaries in federal ministries, house members, your brothers and sisters from d West and d North so as to to pass your message across to the world that you are really mean business.

Talking about nollywood,after reading your write up,it might interest you to know that the following names are not of igbo descent and as such,do use their native names;

Ini edo,bimbo akintola,jibola dabo,solomon akiyesi,sandra ebiye,omotala jalade ekahinde,olu jacobs,mercy aigbe,Venita Akpofure,nuhu ali,Damilola Adegbeti,Funlola Aofiyebi Raimi,yvonne jegede,nse etim ekpe,jide kosoko,ayo adesanyo etc.

Now look at the bigger picture.nolly wood,even though it has the presence of more igbos than people of other descents is not owned by the igbos.it's a Nigerian entertainment industry.the igbos do not have monopoly over it.it is not their fault if the movies produced do not represent other people's culture.rather,producers and directors, from other tribes,are to be held responsible.even so,i have seen many nollywood production which showcased the yoruba and ibibio cultures.

Having said these,it will be ilogical and grossly irrational,to say that people of non-igbo descent are coerced into changing their names before they can break into nollywood.this goes to say that,i do not even know under which premise that i will start asking the names you mentioned questions to ascertain if they were really forced into changing their names,as this is obviously a rumour,laced with hatred in the undertone just to spite the igbos and rubbish their achievements in the industry......ibinabo fibrasima isn't igbo,but she was(maybe she still is) the president of actors guild of Nigeria.she wasn't made to change her name either.

While i remain indifferent in issues about Biafra,i will not fail to point it out to you that the igbos,like any other tribe, have the right to self-actualization if they feel marginalized.it doesn't matter what others think,it's their God given right.

The truth of the matter is that the rest of the people feel that the name "NDI IGBO" is synonymous with everything wrong in Nigeria.at least,it is a wide held view that ndi igbo are the problem of Nigeria.hardly you see something bad happen without it being stereotyped to the behavour of people from the south east.the igbos precipitated the 1967-1970 civil in Nigeria by killing leaders from other zones while they spared their own, and as result,were responsible for the genocide against them.consequently,the igbos do not reserve the right to feel aggrieved.they give Nigeria a bad name in the international community by being the only Nigerian tribe involved in drug peddling,internet fraud and other crimes perpetrated outside Nigeria.back home,they are always the culprit in armed robbery cases,kidnapping,counterfeiting of original products(the famous aba made),piracy,baby factory,monopoly of nollywood,and the list goes on.

While i wouldn't want to argue the validity of the above accusations,i won't fail to repeat my ealier question in the event that those accusations were really true.

When a particular set of people have been identified as the chief cause of a country's problem,is it not wise to let them break away and form a country of their own?
At least,it will give the rest of the people a sense of relief.

The issue of igbo leaders pulling out from their respective offices to show seriousness in breaking away is immaterial because,as is widely known,everybody must not support a course.their must be a diverge interest.these leaders might not be interested in the Biafra quest because of their selfish gains,that does not mean that the entire people are not serious about it.they do not represent the interest of the entire igbo nation and so,their actions or inactions should not be used as a yardstick to measure how serious ndi igbo are in achieving their aim.radio Biafra is huge enough to show their level of seriousness.

On the part of Nigeria government,i charge them to support a referedum to ascertain the willingness of the igbo nation to either break away or remain in Nigeria.it will go a long way in proving how willing,Nigeria,as a country, is, in sanitizing the system by getting rid of bad elements(ndi igbo).it will amount to cluelessnes after identifying a problem and do nothing to solve it.

In the absence of this,i expect the Nigeria government to react to inciting statements like that of Junaid mohammed's, against the igbo nation,by criticizing such utterance(s) and further giving him an ultimatum to make an open apology to ndi igbo or be punished.action like this, will give them(igbos) a sense of belonging, and furtherly kill their agitation for self actualization.also,the punishment attached to such inciting utterance will serve as a deterrent to other would-be offenders.

the presidency's silence only proves one thing.....that Junaid is his protege.

2 Likes

Re: If Igbos Are Butchered Again, Nigeria Will Break; Fani- Kayode Warns by ACM10: 5:15pm On Aug 20, 2015
LastProphet:

give me a link to the document that claims ibos are black people, at least that should prove your father is not a complete idiottt

You are not making sense. Are you mentally ret@rded from birth or did you acquire it from chronic fura de nunu drinking binge? You drew a blank analogy to cover your hate-filled fictional comment. You are too mentally slow to contribute to a discussion of this nature. #LastFoolishProphet
Re: If Igbos Are Butchered Again, Nigeria Will Break; Fani- Kayode Warns by PentiumPro(f): 5:32pm On Aug 20, 2015
Algebra12:

The geographical area called Biafra was derived from the name of the surrounding coastal waters, the Bight of Biafra. And within this area, you find other ethnic nationalities in addition to the igbo people.
The south east of Nigeria as we know it today, isn't really d geographical south east of Nigeria, but a political south east. The south east would be all the area East of the Niger.

Going by your logic, the whole of Delta state will be South west. Obviously the River Niger is the natural and true boundary
Re: If Igbos Are Butchered Again, Nigeria Will Break; Fani- Kayode Warns by LastProphet: 6:05pm On Aug 20, 2015
ACM10:

You are not making sense. Are you mentally ret@rded from birth or did you acquire it from chronic fura de nunu drinking binge? You drew a blank analogy to cover your hate-filled fictional comment. You are too mentally slow to contribute to a discussion of this nature. #LastFoolishProphet

waiting for your link and your response to those that called you emotional - in otherwords stuuupid, you see am not the only one and gues who is mad?
Re: If Igbos Are Butchered Again, Nigeria Will Break; Fani- Kayode Warns by Bgino(m): 6:44pm On Aug 20, 2015
Fani kayode once wrote "I am weary of a 100 year old forced marriage that is clearly not working..it is not a crime to call for self determination;yet we will eventually take our freedom by force,if it is not freely given to us:we shall take it by fire,by the shedding of blood & by our own bleeding,if necessary.We will take it by fire and by sacrificing our lives if that is what we are forced to do..give me Oduduwa or let me die...He said this in his agitation for Oduduwa
Built2last:
The hatred people have for Fani kayode and PDP will not allow them read what he said in the above article and the sense in it.

I know Junaid will not make such senseless statement during GEJs time but now that PMB holds sway. we should expect that.

below is my earlier assertions on realisation of Biafra and eventual breakaway of Igbos from Nigeria. If Igbos want to go. whats the big deal. all these attention and palpable fear of Nigerians on Igbos is becoming too much. haba. If they want to go, lets free them peacefully. all these Igbo and Biafra news is becoming boring.

I think that the governments move against Radio Biafra is coming rather late and giving it all the publicity they never had.

I am not one of those who fool themselves that Biafra will not be realised one day. History has it that those who have been held as slaves or third class citizens always gain freedom. The Jews gained freedom from the Egyptians after 450years, Indian got independence from Britain, 1948 the Jews stubbornly carved out a state for themselves in the middle east. The black Americans now vote and contest elections. The scotish will break away from the British someday..its just time. The followership of Radio Biafra is crazy and if the agitation has not died 40years after the war. It wont die again. White Americans told black Americans that they will remain in perpetual servitude. Today history and time has proven those white Americans wrong.
Pro-Biafran groups are doing all they can to gain global world leaders attention and trust me they are gaining momentum. The last Biafra day celebration accross the globe gives credence to this. BBC, New York Times and Jerusalem Post has reported in Biafra in the last one week. Thats a reach out if you ask me.

Here is my proposition.
I will not tell Igbos to go or stay. It is their right to choose what they want. As a matter of fact the push by many people for them not to go is giving the struggle much more popularity.
There was war in Nigeria years back with a monumental pogrom that left many Igbos dead. Nigerian state must not pretend all is well and keep moving ahead.
There is need for a reconciliation and assimilation meeting between the state of Nigeria abd Igbo leaders.
Ask your Igbo friends at work if they truly will desire to leave Nigeria. 8 out of ten will say yes. The more reason i think the agitation for Biafra actualisation will not die.

The Niger Deltans who were cold enemies with Igbos are gradually aligning and having clandestine meetings.
Veraciously clamping down on Igbo Biafra will not work. The support and sponaorship is high and we must not pretend that the inventive power of the Igbos will not help them in this Radio war. How about NBC licensing Radio Biafra with a Different name like Radio Igbo or something else.

I write this because i have the deepest concern for what will become of our great country Nigeria in the coming years if its not well managed.
I am married to an industrous Igbo woman who has given me 2 sons. I asked her on bed last night if she supports realisation of Biafra, she said she will sponsor yhe agitation when the time is right. My wife has never mentioned Biafra but its deeply seated in her. We are both highly educated and understand rights. She and my two sons are all i've got. The Irish marry the English, yet the Irish is planning to secede, so, don't crucify me.

There is need for a wound healing meeting now before its too late. We will appear delusional if we think that the Nigeria of 1960 is same today.
History has a way of proving those who say things are impossible wrong. Some people said PMB will never become Nigeria's president again. They said he was old, he is a dictator and all sorts. Today he is the president. Biafra will be realised if Igbos are not fully re-integrated into Nigerian politics and all the hate against them stamped out.

1 Like

Re: If Igbos Are Butchered Again, Nigeria Will Break; Fani- Kayode Warns by LastProphet: 1:43am On Aug 21, 2015
ACM10:

surprisingly i didn't hear from you, however I have decided to respond to you not because you deserve it but for education since you obviously have little to none. below is just one link to a documented account of the happenings of 1966 which i talked about and which you eagerly refuted (without checking as expected of ibo arrogance ):

www.africamasterweb.com/CounterCoup.html

i will advise you to read the section titled 'provocations ' many times over since am sure your lying parents would have omitted that part from their account of the events leading up to the war.

am waiting for you ariaria

1 Like

Re: If Igbos Are Butchered Again, Nigeria Will Break; Fani- Kayode Warns by laudate: 1:54am On Aug 21, 2015
LastProphet:

surprisingly i didn't hear from you, however I have decided to respond to you not because you deserve it but for education since you obviously have little to none. below is just one link to a documented account of the happenings of 1966 which i talked about and which you eagerly refuted (without checking as expected of ibo arrogance ):

i will advise you to read the section titled 'provocations ' many times over since am sure your lying parents would have omitted that part from their account of the events leading up to the war.

Hmmn..now the 2nd part of the saga will start. sad

Either him (or one of his friends) will come back to discredit the writer of that article, or dismiss the facts contained in it as fiction, or claim there was no evidence to support everything written there. Just watch. undecided

But why did you call him all those bad names including ariara? Pls don't sink to his level even when the temptation to do so gets high, because of his provocative remarks. undecided
Re: If Igbos Are Butchered Again, Nigeria Will Break; Fani- Kayode Warns by LastProphet: 2:12am On Aug 21, 2015
laudate:

Hmmn..now the 2nd part of the saga will start. sad

Either him (or one of his friends) will come back to discredit the writer of that article, or dismiss the facts contained in it as fiction, or claim there was no evidence to support everything written there. Just watch. undecided

But why did you call him all those bad names including ariara? Pls don't sink to his level even when the temptation to do so gets high, because of his provocative remarks. undecided

forgive me bro you know how annoying it can be when a bold and ignorant lad is arguing what he knows nothing about. all ibos omitted that part from their narrative so the younger ones never heard of this except the ones humble enough to seek knowledge on the matter. as for refuting this that can only amount to madness, my mother was working at radio kaduna at the time and we lived there so i have just being pitying his ignorance all along. no wahala my bro lets see if shame will allow him to reply
Re: If Igbos Are Butchered Again, Nigeria Will Break; Fani- Kayode Warns by laudate: 2:26am On Aug 21, 2015
LastProphet:

forgive me bro you know how annoying it can be when a bold and ignorant lad is arguing what he knows nothing about. all ibos omitted that part from their narrative so the younger ones never heard of this except the ones humble enough to seek knowledge on the matter. as for refuting this that can only amount to madness, my mother was working at radio kaduna at the time and we lived there so i have just being pitying his ignorance all along. no wahala my bro lets see if shame will allow him to reply

Hmmn... I know what you mean. One thing that saddens me about the war, is that very few people are ready to tell and accept the truth about the causes and effects of that war, on both sides of the divide. undecided

The Igbo believe they were the only ones who suffered pain, meanwhile there were casualties on both sides. Some folks find it easy to talk about the Asaba massacre, but yet these same people would conveniently ignore the atrocities meted out to minority groups, within the old Biafra, as if the pain & suffering those groups went through, did not matter. shocked

Many would rather see themselves as the victims and others as villains, forgetting that to every action there is a reaction. It cuts both ways.

Everyone has his own perspective of the war. Maybe one day, there might be an impartial recount of the events that led up to it, the way it was conducted and the aftermath. So that everyone can learn from it and say...."never again." War is not romantic. And it is certainly not pretty. sad

May God save us all.
Re: If Igbos Are Butchered Again, Nigeria Will Break; Fani- Kayode Warns by LastProphet: 2:49am On Aug 21, 2015
laudate:

Hmmn... I know what you mean. One thing that saddens me about the war, is that very few people are ready to tell and accept the truth about the causes and effects of that war, on both sides of the divide. undecided

The Igbo believe they were the only ones who suffered pain, meanwhile there were casualties on both sides. Some folks find it easy to talk about the Asaba massacre, but yet these same people would conveniently ignore the atrocities meted out to minority groups, within the old Biafra, as if the pain & suffering those groups went through, did not matter. shocked

Many would rather see themselves as the victims and others as villains, forgetting that to every action there is a reaction. It cuts both ways.

Everyone has his own perspective of the war. Maybe one day, there might be an impartial recount of the events that led up to it, the way it was conducted and the aftermath. So that everyone can learn from it and say...."never again." War is not romantic. And it is certainly not pretty. sad

May God save us all.

amen to the prayer my bro, you know one reason the popular media hasnt talked much about the wrongs of the ibos was because they didn't want to appear to condone massacre, that was just all otherwise there is no dispute as to what led to the war. even though it will take time do readup on the link there, the level of documentation and referencing of this account is quite authoritative and i encourage you to read it
Re: If Igbos Are Butchered Again, Nigeria Will Break; Fani- Kayode Warns by laudate: 4:38am On Aug 21, 2015
I actually read that article about two years back, and am reading it again. I have also read other books on the civil war.

The sad thing is that a lot of people have not read enough material from different sources about the war. They rely on hearsay and "what their parents or relatives told them". Then they hold on blindly to these positions irrespective of what the real truth is.

There are many perspectives of the war, because there were many participants in that war. War is not pretty. And there are always casualties, on all sides.

Different books on the events that took place at that time need to be read along with other accounts of the Civil War, in order to compare the different perspectives so that readers can draw their own conclusions. Some of the books listed below are independent accounts of the war.

Please read the following:

1). Reflections on the Nigerian Civil War : Facing the Future by Ralph Uwechue
Publisher: Trafford Publishing (2004) 236pp
ISBN-1412223628,
ISBN-9781412223621
Read the review here: http://meniru..com/2009/10/ojukwu-or-uwechue-who-is-biafran-war.html

2). Oil, Politics and Violence: Nigeria's Military Coup Culture (1966-1976) by Max Siollun
Published by Algora Publishing (2009) 268pp.
ISBN-13: 978-0875867083
ISBN-10: 0875867081
Read the review here: https://maxsiollun./my-book/

3). The Biafran War: The Struggle for Modern Nigeria by Michael Gould
Published by I. B. Tauris (2013) 288pp
ISBN-10: 1780764634
ISBN-13: 978-1780764634

4). There Was a Country: A Personal History of Biafra Hardcover by Chinua Achebe
Publisher: Penguin Press; US (2012) 352pp
ISBN-10: 9781594204821
ISBN-13: 978-1594204821
ASIN: 1594204829
Please read the 1st review here: http://www.nigeriaintel.com/2013/03/31/biafra-the-facts-the-fiction/
Please read the 2nd review: http://www.amazon.com/There-Was-Country-Personal-History/dp/1594204829/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top?ie=UTF8
Please read the 3rd review: http://www.premiumtimesng.com/opinion/108978-achebes-there-was-a-country-an-outsiders-review-by-femke-van-zeijl.html ; http://adegoke.info/2015/04/19/stop-teaching-tribal-superiority/

4). The Nigerian Revolution and the Biafran War by Alexander A. Madiebo
Publisher: Fourth Dimension Publishing Co.; Reissue edition (2000) 424pp
ISBN-10: 9781561173
ISBN-13: 978-9781561177
2 reviews here: http://www.amazon.com/The-Nigerian-Revolution-Biafran-War/dp/9781561173

5) The Tragedy of Victory: On-the-spot Account of the Nigeria-Biafra War in the Atlantic by Godwin Alabi-Isama
Publisher: Spectrum Books Limited, Ibadan, Nigeria (2013) 757pp
ASIN: B00G6HFDRQ
File Size: 18071 KB
Kindle e-book available
Please read the review here: http://www.amazon.com/The-Tragedy-Victory-spot-Nigeria-Biafra-ebook/dp/B00G6HFDRQ
Please read the 2nd review: http://dailyindependentnig.com/2014/02/alabi-isamas-tragedy-of-victory-a-review-2/

According to Nigerian scholars in 2011, over 69 books and pamphlets, 53 government publications, 3 bibliographies and various theses have
been published on the 30 month long Nigerian Civil War that took place between 1967 and 1970. In the US, over 2,000 books were written about their own civil war.

So there is still a need to write more. People need to tell their stories about what happened during the war, becuase in the words of Chimamanda Adichie "we all remember differently."
Re: If Igbos Are Butchered Again, Nigeria Will Break; Fani- Kayode Warns by pazienza(m): 10:55am On Aug 21, 2015
LastProphet:

Really Omoigui articles?

You need to be pitied. Omogui has no proof whatsoever for his fictions, many times he had been tasked to provide proofs, all times he failed.

If you have an ounce of brain cells, you should stay away from Omogui articles.

1 Like

Re: If Igbos Are Butchered Again, Nigeria Will Break; Fani- Kayode Warns by pazienza(m): 10:56am On Aug 21, 2015
No provocations whatsoever happened. The song Ewu n'ebe akwa was not even sang by an Igbo man, and it had nothing to do with the North.
Re: If Igbos Are Butchered Again, Nigeria Will Break; Fani- Kayode Warns by pazienza(m): 11:06am On Aug 21, 2015
The truth as we know it:

The Arewa supported by their Odua side kicks carried out massacre of innocent Igbo civilians in
the North.

The lies of Igbo provocations cannot hold, seeing as this was not the first time the Arewas massacred Ndiigbo in the North.

There was no provocations whatsoever by the innocent Easterners, other than the provocation of the murder of Balewa and Bello by the military. Provocations which the Arewa had. already acted upon by murdering Eastern military leaders including Ironsi. But were not satisfied by that,so much that they went on massacre frenzy against innocent Eastern civilians.

Any right thinking sane Igbo man will know that we have no reason whatsoever sharing the same country with the Arewa-Odua.

1 Like

Re: If Igbos Are Butchered Again, Nigeria Will Break; Fani- Kayode Warns by mightyhaze: 11:59am On Aug 21, 2015
Okimski:
[img]http://cdn1.vanguardngr.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/412x250xfani-Igbo.jpg.pagespeed.ic.IVAwk_Borx.webp[/img]

Source: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/08/if-igbos-are-butchered-again-nigeria-will-break-fani-kayode-warns/
lol at if dey butcher over 100,000 igbos. Na fowl una wan butcher abi? So 100,000 or below is ok 2 butcher.Am not a great fan of secession,but let wot happened in 1966 rear its head again. Nigeria will simply cease 2 exist! Fuckin jesters
Re: If Igbos Are Butchered Again, Nigeria Will Break; Fani- Kayode Warns by LastProphet: 1:41pm On Aug 21, 2015
pazienza:

Really Omoigui articles?

You need to be pitied. Omogui has no proof whatsoever for his fictions, many times he had been tasked to provide proofs, all times he failed.

If you have an ounce of brain cells, you should stay away from Omogui articles.

i have never heard of him until this morning but yet he corroborated what hundreds people including my own mother a staff of federal radio kaduna at the time said, she too has never met him and they never had a meeting am sure. my mother has had first hand experience at markets and if only many many other non-indigenes living in kaduna, there is no single person in Kaduna at the time stupid enough to deny this except am sure ibos been the natural liars that you are. i am not hausa, ibo or Yoruba and have no wish to be any, am from kogi please, idah to be precise (no single ibo was attacked in my place, you can ask your parents ). so please for The first time in your life cool down your arrogance and check with other sources before pitying yourself. and lastly please outgrow indirect arguments please its boring, yes omorui or whatever is a liar yes but if a liar said he saw your house burning only a foool will sit back and say it must be a lie, a sensible person with a brain even as small as that of my dog will go and check either the house or other independent sources. see this is not the first time i have talked with ibos, you guys have a culture that stands logic on the head and it is no wonder you have never amounted to anything politically because people find it hard to follow fooolish reasoning, please go and pity yourself because anyone that read that article with the abundant references to the words and accounts of people still living and yet can still come here to ask hopeless questions should truly be pitied actually. and don't think that i dont suspect you are the same guy with that hopeless ibo boy acm10 logging in with another profile since he has been put to shame. you ibos are a really pathetic lot

1 Like

Re: If Igbos Are Butchered Again, Nigeria Will Break; Fani- Kayode Warns by ACM10: 8:05am On Aug 22, 2015
LastProphet:

Normally, I don't insult people on this forum, but I can't keep quiet when a riffraff like you insults my father.

I'm a busy person and the nature of my job makes me work round the clock most of the time. So, I hardly have time to engage in long fruitless debate with someone that resists knowledge.

1. I expected you to quote Nowa Omoigui article, that's what impressionable kids do when they are cornered in a debate here. I've been a member of NL since 2010; during my stay I've debated this topic over and over again. You will notice Nowa Omoigui frequent use of the term "there were reports", "alleged". To cap his fiction, he assigned a hit song (Ewu ne be akwa) released in 1964 by Late Cardinal Jim Rex Lawson to Celestine Ukwu. It may interest you to know that Rex Lawson is from Kalabari in River state. you can search for the song on Youtube. How can a song of 1964 mock an event of 1966? He must be a Nostrademus incarnate. There is nothing provocative about the song, I play it everyday in my car. I can provide the lyrics its translation, if you care.

2. Have you ever wondered why Nigeria refused to include th events of the civil war as part of the curriculum in school? 'cos they will be embarrassed by the truth. Why is Nowa Omoigui, the only author that referred to the so-called "Igbo provocations?" Do you know that Nowa Omoigui has been shamed over and over again with facts. No notable author bothers to quote his fiction.

I can go on and on, but my program is tight; moreover I am typing with my phone. I will respond to other laughable assertions of yours if time permits? Duru1 we have Omoigui disciple here. grin
Re: If Igbos Are Butchered Again, Nigeria Will Break; Fani- Kayode Warns by ACM10: 8:45am On Aug 22, 2015
LastProphet:

i have never heard of him until this morning but yet he corroborated what hundreds people including my own mother a staff of federal radio kaduna at the time said, she too has never met him and they never had a meeting am sure. my mother has had first hand experience at markets

From having a first hand account; your story is slowly assuming a new dimension. You must be an unscrupulous character.

i am not hausa, ibo or Yoruba and have no wish to be any, am from kogi please, idah to be precise
Do we really care?

you are the same guy with that hopeless ibo boy acm10 logging in with another profile since he has been put to shame. you ibos are a really pathetic lot
Not only are you pathetic, stupid and unscrupulous; you are also delusional. Everyone cannot be a dishonest character like you.
Re: If Igbos Are Butchered Again, Nigeria Will Break; Fani- Kayode Warns by LastProphet: 11:14am On Aug 22, 2015
ACM10:

Normally, I don't insult people on this forum, but I can't keep quiet when a riffraff like you insults my father.

I'm a busy person and the nature of my job makes me work round the clock most of the time. So, I hardly have time to engage in long fruitless debate with someone that resists knowledge.

1. I expected you to quote Nowa Omoigui article, that's what impressionable kids do when they are cornered in a debate here. I've been a member of NL since 2010; during my stay I've debated this topic over and over again. You will notice Nowa Omoigui frequent use of the term "there were reports", "alleged". To cap his fiction, he assigned a hit song (Ewu ne be akwa) released in 1964 by Late Cardinal Jim Rex Lawson to Celestine Ukwu. It may interest you to know that Rex Lawson is from Kalabari in River state. you can search for the song on Youtube. How can a song of 1964 mock an event of 1966? He must be a Nostrademus incarnate. There is nothing provocative about the song, I play it everyday in my car. I can provide the lyrics its translation, if you care.

2. Have you ever wondered why Nigeria refused to include th events of the civil war as part of the curriculum in school? 'cos they will be embarrassed by the truth. Why is Nowa Omoigui, the only author that referred to the so-called "Igbo provocations?" Do you know that Nowa Omoigui has been shamed over and over again with facts. No notable author bothers to quote his fiction.

I can go on and on, but my program is tight; moreover I am typing with my phone. I will respond to other laughable assertions of yours if time permits? Duru1 we have Omoigui disciple here. grin

General Aguiyi-Ironsi gave a nation-wide order on 1st June 1966, that is also documented and it wasnt by Omoigui or whatever his name is. Ironsi is ibo snd your brother so please what is the order? i bet this will be the last i will hear of you
Re: If Igbos Are Butchered Again, Nigeria Will Break; Fani- Kayode Warns by LastProphet: 11:30am On Aug 22, 2015
ACM10:

for you to refer to omoigui as the only source of the incident shows that you have less hope than my dog and it shows your parents are failed individuals to have deluded a child with such falsehood that makes him blind even in the face of facts is mind boggling. the same fani kayode that raised this issue said something about the same provocation of the ibos in a well publicized article some years ago, you can educate me on what the article with sufficient references said so am waiting and i wont give you the link.
Re: If Igbos Are Butchered Again, Nigeria Will Break; Fani- Kayode Warns by ACM10: 12:07pm On Aug 22, 2015
LastProphet:

for you to refer to omoigui as the only source of the incident shows that you have less hope than my dog and it shows your parents are failed individuals to have deluded a child with such falsehood that makes him blind even in the face of facts is mind boggling. the same fani kayode that raised this issue said something about the same provocation of the ibos in a well publicized article some years ago, you can educate me on what the article with sufficient references said so am waiting and i wont give you the link.

So Femi Kayode is now your source? You are disgustingly pathetic. I'm done with you.

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Buhari To Military: Crush Niger-Delta Avengers / Benin Republic Invades Kwara, Nigeria Takes Over 16 Border Villages / Army Reacts To Boko Haram/ISWAP's Attack On Governor Zulum's Convoy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 173
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.