Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,374 members, 7,815,795 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:31 PM

Need Some Help Here - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Need Some Help Here (1679 Views)

Am Confused,i Need Some Help / Pls Narialand I Need Some Help / Please Help Me Out In This Confusing Occuring Issue. I Need Some Help Here. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Need Some Help Here by sistawoman: 8:38pm On Mar 25, 2009
How do you call someone a retard via IM in a PC type of way?

There are at least two people right now I am talking to via IM on Yahoo that need to be told they are retards.

I have tried to ask if they are slow?

I have tried to say they are special needs.

Yet they dont seem to understand what I am saying.

and if your reading this and chatting with me via IM and I have said the above to you in the past 5 mins then yes I am talking to you.

Do you get it now.

You are a retard and should take some meds to help you with that problem.

Ladies do you often run into retards from NL that just dont understand when you are being nice to them?
Re: Need Some Help Here by sistawoman: 8:41pm On Mar 25, 2009
Ok maybe that was mean.

But it really gets frustrating when some men act like 10 year olds via IM.

Really how do i say in a PC type of way that he is a retard.
Re: Need Some Help Here by Czarskit(m): 8:48pm On Mar 25, 2009
Same wae u just did. . . undecided
Re: Need Some Help Here by bluespice(f): 9:37pm On Mar 25, 2009
wow, are u really this stupid?

honestly ur acting like a retard now

i feel like einstein (its very childish but then they r retards doubt they'll figure that out tongue )

if all else fails yahoo audibles have some pretty 'nice' phrases
goodluck grin
Re: Need Some Help Here by sistawoman: 9:43pm On Mar 25, 2009
Dont be so serious. . . . . .

I am just poking fun at my "mind sex" friend.
Re: Need Some Help Here by bluespice(f): 9:47pm On Mar 25, 2009
ahhh those ones grin

my experience with them is to just ignore them
no matter how many times u say no or tell them how married(in ur case) or unavailable
or how plain dumb and demeaning such a request is, they never seem to translate that

best to do, ignore or block
Re: Need Some Help Here by Nobody: 9:49pm On Mar 25, 2009
Take your YIM off NL profile.

Trust me, you won't have that kinda problem.

You def don't NEED that kinda rubbishness wink
Re: Need Some Help Here by Hauwa1: 10:06pm On Mar 25, 2009
block them/invisible mode grin
Re: Need Some Help Here by Nobody: 10:09pm On Mar 25, 2009
*Hauwa*:

block them[b]/invisible mode[/b] grin
grin grin
Re: Need Some Help Here by bluespice(f): 10:15pm On Mar 25, 2009
that is my steady ish
u can never see me 'online'
few know im online tho
it gives u the freedom to get away with not talking to some people
imagine seeing my friends n i dont feel like saying hi
my being 'offline' means i dont need to! cheesy
Re: Need Some Help Here by No2Atheism(m): 10:15pm On Mar 25, 2009

ahhh those ones

my experience with them is to just ignore them
no matter how many times u say no or tell them how married(in ur case) or unavailable
or how plain dumb and demeaning such a request is, they never seem to translate that

best to do, ignore or block

1. Men would always be men, born hunters, women are born defenders/diplomats.

2. Women sometimes don't help matters,  i.e. that case of women meaning yes when they say no and vice versa

3. Hence some men 'sometimes think' some women are merely playing hard to get (when they use excuse of marriage or relationship), that's why they never seem to want to take no for an answer from other sincere women.

4. @Sistawoman, @bluspice, well the same reason ur man did not give up on you when u were still playing hard to get is the  same reason that those current guys chatting you up are likewise pestering you right now.

5. As for me sha, any woman am attracted to, 'immediately' becomes a 'no go area' once she gives me the any slight impression that she's either married or in a relationship (do unto others what you want others to do to you kind of principle). As such its the loss of any woman (am attracted to) if it turns out she was merely using the facade of being married or being in a relationship as a means of playing hard to get, as my own personal principle simply turns her into a no go area.

6. Women who deceptively use that facade of being married or in a relationship when they are not, are the ones confusing certain types of men, such that those types of men end up not believing other women who claim to be in relationships or marriages, since those men realise they had been lied to earlier by women who used the same technique.
Re: Need Some Help Here by bluespice(f): 10:36pm On Mar 25, 2009
that a woman says she's unavailable doesnt mean she's in a relationship
i know thats beside the point
but then why dont these guys try to imagine for a split second if what the lady says is actually the truth?
Re: Need Some Help Here by Moyola(f): 10:47pm On Mar 25, 2009
hehe!
Re: Need Some Help Here by No2Atheism(m): 11:05pm On Mar 25, 2009
bluespice:

that a woman says she's unavailable doesnt mean she's in a relationship
i know thats beside the point
but then why dont these guys try to imagine for a split second if what the lady says is actually the truth?

unfortunately saying she's unavailable is still an ambigous answer for the simple reason that it can mean two things:

1. in relationship

2. not in a relationship but still not interested,

A simple 'not interested' statement would go a long way to solve the problem,
Re: Need Some Help Here by bluespice(f): 11:09pm On Mar 25, 2009
ill use myself for this example
im very much single doesnt mean im looking for anyone now
when people ask and i say im single
before im given the opportunity to say "but not available/but not looking", they launch a full scale attack on me
my point is its better to go with unavailable than single but not looking
once guys hear the single bit, they tune off immediately not bothering to listen to the remaining story
Re: Need Some Help Here by No2Atheism(m): 11:22pm On Mar 25, 2009
bluespice:

ill use myself for this example
im very much single doesnt mean im looking for anyone now
when people ask and i say im single
before im given the opportunity to say "but not available/but not looking", they launch a full scale attack on me
my point is its better to go with unavailable than single but not looking
once guys hear the single bit, they tune off immediately not bothering to listen to the remaining story
true but not all guys, hence the need to make things less confusing for the serious and sensible ones,
Re: Need Some Help Here by bluespice(f): 11:58pm On Mar 25, 2009
how less confusing is 'single but not searching?' shocked
Re: Need Some Help Here by No2Atheism(m): 12:42am On Mar 26, 2009
you don't need to classify anything as single but not searching, cus that still gives the signal that u might change ur mind since u are still single.

Simply saying 'am not interested' is very straight forward and clear.
Re: Need Some Help Here by bluespice(f): 12:45am On Mar 26, 2009
am not interested is too long
unavailable is better cheesy
Re: Need Some Help Here by No2Atheism(m): 12:50am On Mar 26, 2009
bluespice:

am not interested is too long
unavailable is better cheesy
, sounds you enjoy the drama of 'messing' with the mind of the guy,

1. unavailable means u are 'probably' not available because u are in a relationship or something.

2. Guy 'cannot' read ur mind , hence women have to try to lessen the mental gymnastic on guys,
Re: Need Some Help Here by bluespice(f): 12:53am On Mar 26, 2009
dearie when u see the word unavailable on a
job ad do u still tender ur application?
Re: Need Some Help Here by iice(f): 8:43am On Mar 26, 2009
Men will be men or actually people will be people, 'coz some women can be that way.
I have no patience for dense people.  I have tried a couple of times years ago and found that it's not worth the stress personally.  Took off my IM within the first month and then i put it back on sporadically (once a month or so) - i did that for about 5 months or so but found that even that way was stressful, so i took it off and it has never been back on.

If you are adamant of leaving your IM on your profile, you'll have to develop patience and enhance your communication skills (knowing exactly what to say to get through to them).

Am quite good at spamming / blocking.  If someone buzzes me insistently, he/she gets blocked.
I get what i set out for.  .  .I lay it out from the get go, a sort of a warning if you will.  I find it amusing guys or people in general think they can work me over.  .  .but in the end, like i said i get what i set out for.  .  .so i rarely ever go invisible.  People know when to stay off even when am available. 
Re: Need Some Help Here by eyonigger(m): 9:19am On Mar 26, 2009
iice:

Men will be men or actually people will be people, 'coz some women can be that way.
I have no patience for dense people.  I have tried a couple of times years ago and found that it's not worth the stress personally.  Took off my IM within the first month and then i put it back on sporadically (once a month or so) - i did that for about 5 months or so but found that even that way was stressful, so i took it off and it has never been back on.

If you are adamant of leaving your IM on your profile, you'll have to develop patience and enhance your communication skills (knowing exactly what to say to get through to them).

Am quite good at spamming / blocking.  If someone buzzes me insistently, he/she gets blocked.
I get what i set out for.  .  .I lay it out from the get go, a sort of a warning if you will.  I find it amusing guys or people in general think they can work me over.  .  .but in the end, like i said i get what i set out for.  .  .so i rarely ever go invisible.  People know when to stay off even when am available. 

iice u got those points right on track, mama I think u should just use this technique iice has outlined. iice u got fb?
Re: Need Some Help Here by iice(f): 9:36am On Mar 26, 2009
Yeah. I rarely go there. Not really a fan of those things.
Re: Need Some Help Here by eyonigger(m): 9:42am On Mar 26, 2009
cud u email me ur email add u used to register? plz email to creamboy12@yahoo.com
Re: Need Some Help Here by iice(f): 9:42am On Mar 26, 2009
Funny.
Re: Need Some Help Here by eyonigger(m): 10:13am On Mar 26, 2009
iice, whats funny bout that? I respect u bt its lyk ur taking advantage of that. Plz send me the addy.
Re: Need Some Help Here by iice(f): 10:19am On Mar 26, 2009
No i think you don't understand my post.  .  .my response to this thread.
My addy has been closed since the year i joined.  So am[b] not [/b]the type to give my addy to anyone. smiley
Re: Need Some Help Here by eyonigger(m): 10:22am On Mar 26, 2009
All falls to ur playing hard and classy all the time, its ur natural self, I cant blame it, if ur forming it, would have blasted u ever since. I wonder where ur full database is.
Re: Need Some Help Here by bluespice(f): 11:01am On Mar 26, 2009
again n2a u see wat i was talking about?

grin grin wink
Re: Need Some Help Here by segzicres(m): 11:10am On Mar 26, 2009
tell the person that your 2 days old cousin more intelligent than the person. you will hit the nail on it's head.
Re: Need Some Help Here by Ben13: 11:41am On Mar 26, 2009
this thread is romantic.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ladies How Many Friends Request/emails Do You Get On Facebook Daily ? / Would U Wastime Seducing: / I Dont Understand

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.