Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,853 members, 7,810,281 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:07 AM

I Dont Understand - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / I Dont Understand (1677 Views)

Why Is The Bride Crying(photo) I Dont Understand. / I Dont Understand Her!! / I Dont Understand My Landlord's Wife Anymore! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Dont Understand by DieOne(f): 12:54pm On Jul 29, 2011
Pls i need your personal opinions. thank you. My boyfriend of almost six months now, who claims to love me so much, hardly or should i say rarely spends on me.We both are mature minds but i don't understand this situation. i dont know how to confront him on the issue. i love him too but why is it that this guy doesn't give me money. pls what do you think about this. should i start asking for money from him,i mean
when in need of it or what?
Re: I Dont Understand by Nobody: 1:00pm On Jul 29, 2011
how much have you given him before  angry angry

Do you want a PARASITIC OR SYMBIOTIC relationship?
Re: I Dont Understand by Asabaman(m): 1:12pm On Jul 29, 2011
Firearm:

how much have you given him before angry angry

Do you want a PARADITIC OR SYMBIOTIC relationship?

GOOD QUESTION.

@ op, please answer that question . smiley smiley smiley
Re: I Dont Understand by claremont(m): 1:15pm On Jul 29, 2011
Firearm:

how much have you given him before  angry angry

Do you want a PARASITIC OR SYMBIOTIC relationship?

Seconded!
Re: I Dont Understand by Nobody: 1:16pm On Jul 29, 2011
Die One:

Pls i need your personal opinions. thank you. My boyfriend of almost  six months now, who claims to love me so much, [size=13pt]hardly[/size] or should i say [size=13pt]rarely[/size] [size=15pt]spends[/size] on me.We both are mature minds but i don't understand this situation. i dont  know how to confront him on the issue. [size=13pt]i love him too but why is it that this guy[/size] [size=15pt]doesn't give me[/size][size=19pt] money[/size]. pls what do you think about this. should i start asking for money from him,i mean  
when  in need of it or what?
It's OBVIOUS you dont love him! You claim to LOVE him just Because of his money! And after 6 months, any "sharp" Dude should have sniffed out a Materialistic Girlfriend! I wont be surprised if he is warming up to DUMP YOUR A.S.S!
Re: I Dont Understand by amblors(m): 1:45pm On Jul 29, 2011
madam "dieone" you judge love by the amount of money he gives you? epic FAIL

SMH.
Re: I Dont Understand by sistajay(f): 2:20pm On Jul 29, 2011
Poster. . . . . . If you're an able body, go get a J.O.B!
Re: I Dont Understand by Ournaija: 2:22pm On Jul 29, 2011
Love is now pay as you go?    kiss

Typical Nigerian girl, you want him to spend when you are not willing to be spent. Tomorrow you will come back here to say he used me, he abused me, he disrespect me and blah blah blah blah rubbish.
Re: I Dont Understand by kpolli(m): 2:24pm On Jul 29, 2011
where r those NL ladies??
Re: I Dont Understand by Goldieluks: 2:26pm On Jul 29, 2011
@OP, do you love him because you want him to spend on you?
or you love him for real,and you want to be patient with him and allow him to use his mind,to spend
on you?

please be patient and stop sending the wrong signals to the public,except if you are a gold digger(no offience).
Re: I Dont Understand by Ogaga4Luv(m): 2:28pm On Jul 29, 2011
[size=13pt]I think with all these respond the poster already is done !  cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

Nairaland is the best place on board, . .  wink
[/size]
Re: I Dont Understand by obowunmi(m): 2:28pm On Jul 29, 2011
funy OP  cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: I Dont Understand by ronkebp(f): 2:38pm On Jul 29, 2011
I do not think this is about being parasitic, a man has to be able to care for the fiancee, why would i date someone that does not have a common sense to buy, something for me, this is not all about gold-digging,, i give my man anything, if i see a tie i love i buy for him, shirt, shoes, perfumes, and so on , i don't have to wait for him to ask me before i buy him stuff, likewise i expect he opens his eyes and get me something, just because you have the money and can afford it does not mean he should not at least, see 'scarf' and buy, just to show that i appreciate you, That means he is Stingy,

@ POSTER I AM NOT SAYING, you should be collecting money from him oooo, to meet your daily needs oooo, all am saying is that be careful and watch him, lest you marry a STINGY man. that would find it difficult when you marry to give you money to cook soup or that would expect you to pay the bills at home.
Re: I Dont Understand by Ogaga4Luv(m): 2:44pm On Jul 29, 2011
[size=13pt]I laugh though after reading the respond of people about this issue. . . i have to suspend my real comment and contribution to help her .  grin

You see ? people shouldn't just conclude my attacking the girl for expressing her inner self out in public forum like this~ It isn't really easy for so many to share their true experience of life on-line . What i can see maybe she's only confuse about her relationship with her man and i guess our answer may do some help . ~ Please , guys and guys i huge we should handle this issue well one can never tell the situation the poster is passing through right now because of this LOVE thing  . I mean , some of the respond are kind'a hard and not really encouraging .  smiley ~ I knew she wouldn't have said the guy dunno spend Money $$$ on her assehole to prove his love  , honestly that's a very wrong word to use if she truly love the man  . Even , the words '' Claim '' mean's so much that one can easily notice somehow she doesn't love the guy .

Loving a woman doesn't really only depend on money~ after all , 6 months relationship is not too old enough to complain like such .

Poster , i advice you should really understand the man you're trying to build relationship with , at least try and tolerate some certain things even though but the most important ~ try to prove your love and affection to him by all means ~ maybe he's just watching to see your reaction and know the type character or the level of your love towards him  wink wink wink.
[/size]
Re: I Dont Understand by omega25red(m): 2:46pm On Jul 29, 2011
Die One:

Pls i need your personal opinions. thank you. My boyfriend of almost six months now, who claims to love me so much, hardly or should i say rarely spends on me.We both are mature minds but i don't understand this situation. i dont know how to confront him on the issue. i love him too but why is it that this guy doesn't give me money. pls what do you think about this. should i start asking for money from him,i mean
when in need of it or what?
grin grin grin grin

[size=18pt]See this one how about getting a job [/size] and not worry as to why a man is not spending on you. Do you think because you gave him some p^ssy means he has to feed and cloth you? Geez and you have the onions to ask if you should start asking him for money. Get a job you leach
Re: I Dont Understand by kanayo74(m): 2:57pm On Jul 29, 2011
@ poster you be long throat< must he give you money to prove that he loves you.

as someone replied HOW MUCH HAVE YOU GIVEN HIM and HOW MANY TIME HAS HE BLEEPED YOU or[b] should he pay for every bleeping[/b] ?

Shake my head and leave the thread.
Re: I Dont Understand by Ogaga4Luv(m): 3:01pm On Jul 29, 2011
[size=13pt]Hey people . . . . ^^ grin

Pls take it easy the poster may really need useful advices to make the relationship going or put her through in the kind of love adventure ~ she may be newbie on the whole thing and advance people that have passed through this road can even advice by saying something instead of attacking comments all over here - note : she's just a new member on this forum and i dunno think she'll be expecting hard stuffs instead of friendly , helpful advices to sail up her boat . wink wink

abeg , make una nor chase her away ~~ the kind comments I've read so far may not encourage her  , just few . smiley
[/size]
Re: I Dont Understand by Nobody: 4:18pm On Jul 29, 2011
ronkebp:

I do not think this is about being parasitic, a man has to be able to care for the fiancee, why would i date someone that does not have a common sense to buy, something for me

are you saying that buying you "things" is a requirement?! also focus where the poster said that HE DOES NOT[b] GIVE[/b] HER MONEY.

this is not all about gold-digging,, i give my man anything, if i see a tie i love i buy for him, shirt, shoes, perfumes, and so on , i don't have to wait for him to ask me before i buy him stuff, likewise i expect he opens his eyes and get me something, just because you have the money and can afford it does not mean he should not at least, see 'scarf' and buy, just to show that i appreciate you, That means he is Stingy,

people show their appreciation in different ways. if thats what/how you expect your man to be then you must TELL HIM because most wouldn't think like that.
as i always say: a gift once in a while when someone DESERVES it and because you WANT to give it, is understandable. anything other than that is BLACKMAIL!

@ POSTER I AM NOT SAYING, you should be collecting money from him oooo, to meet your daily needs oooo, all am saying is that be careful and watch him, lest you marry a STINGY man. that would find it difficult when you marry to give you money to cook soup or that would expect you to pay the bills at home.

that "stingy" vendetta gotta stop? what about a man saving to buy a home, to make their lives better, to save for forthcoming wedding etc
men who fall for this"stingy" bull shiit need to wake up. simply ask your gf how she was taking care of herself before you came in the picture. . . . . . . . . .and advise her to continue that way. dating someone, even for 10yrs, shouldnt be a reason to be responsible for their upkeep. if men, who are WISE with their money, are automatically "stingy" then let us ALL be STINGY then.
Re: I Dont Understand by iice(f): 4:21pm On Jul 29, 2011
You are not his wife or sibling.
And why on green earth, is it, that people have a hard time talking to their partners? If you can't talk to the person you share your life with, who are you supposed to talk to?  
Re: I Dont Understand by amblors(m): 4:34pm On Jul 29, 2011
iice:

You are not his wife or sibling.
And why on green earth, is it, that people have a hard time talking to their partners? If you can't talk to the person you share your life with, who are you supposed to talk to?  

word.
Re: I Dont Understand by ronkebp(f): 4:34pm On Jul 29, 2011
MRbrownJAY:

are you saying that buying you "things" is a requirement?! also focus where the poster said that HE DOES NOT[b] GIVE[/b] HER MONEY.

people show their appreciation in different ways. if thats what/how you expect your man to be then you must TELL HIM because most wouldn't think like that.
as i always say: a gift once in a while when someone DESERVES it and because you WANT to give it, is understandable. anything other than that is BLACKMAIL!

that "stingy" vendetta gotta stop? what about a man saving to buy a home, to make their lives better, to save for forthcoming wedding etc
men who fall for this"stingy" bull shiit need to wake up. simply ask your gf how she was taking care of herself before you came in the picture. . . . . . . . . .and advise her to continue that way. dating someone, even for 10yrs, shouldnt be a reason to be responsible for their upkeep. if men, who are WISE with their money, are automatically "stingy" then let us ALL be STINGY then.

1. i am not saying that buying stuff should be a requirement, like you said' once in awhile is acceptable'. i do not care about collecting money from guys, infact i really don't want anybody buying me stuff, so that you would not want something! something!!! in return, so it would be easier for me to calculate the money spent on me and pay the dude, before they call me gold-digger, i no fiit shout!! grin

2. All i care about is that ' for a relationship leading to the alter, that is if it is, there is nothing wrong in spending on your fiancee, and pampering her, what will they be doing if shopping in and out is not included in the list of activities, personally i love to spend on my man and my man on me' that's the way it is, it has nothing to do with gold digging, the $50.00 or N5000.00 you will spend on your chick does not stop you from building your house, undecided
Re: I Dont Understand by Ogaga4Luv(m): 5:18pm On Jul 29, 2011
[size=13pt]Poster i can't tell who you are now since the internet have make so many to use false identity to deceive so many ! but if true true you are a woman by gender and what you've just shared on thread is real i really hope and see everything is gonna be fine with you some day ~ So , many women have pass through this same road~ honestly you do not belong to anywhere in the mans life now  . like what I've notice from your post he doesn't really care for you the way you want it . I suggest you should find a good time and talk with him to know your stands~ at least you should know this is a Modern World and if you dunno prove your love to the man you love other women from outta space would take your place. . . You berra be smart and prove your love to him before he get you packed out of his house .

I'm a man and i know what i am sharing with you now , get serious with him , that does not mean because he's not  spending $ 500 , 0000 USD weekly for shopping that doesn't mean he doesn't really care or love you~ Men , can face so many things in daily basis but won't share all with the woman grin .

Poster. . . retrace your steps and stop chasing after money now~ If the man loves you , love him too but dunno think he doesn't have money~ we men in this kind of issue of relationship we are very secreted .

Just calm down and focus on love and i believe every other wealth of the man is also yours when you finally get married. wink wink wink 
[/size]
Re: I Dont Understand by Nobody: 5:24pm On Jul 29, 2011
ronkebp:

1. i am not saying that buying stuff should be a requirement, like you said' once in awhile is acceptable'. i do not care about collecting money from guys, infact i really don't want anybody buying me stuff, so that you would not want something! something!!! in return, so it would be easier for me to calculate the money spent on me and pay the dude, before they call me gold-digger, i no fiit shout!! grin

2. All i care about is that ' for a relationship leading to the alter, that is if it is, there is nothing wrong in spending on your fiancee, and pampering her, what will they be doing if shopping in and out is not included in the list of activities, personally i love to spend on my man and my man on me' that's the way it is, it has nothing to do with gold digging, the $50.00 or N5000.00 you will spend on your chick does not stop you from building your house, undecided

remember, i never said that men shouldnt buy gifts to their gfs (if they choose to), i just have a hard time understanding the notion that its NEEDED ON A REGULAR BASIS in order for any r/ship to function.

sorry but i am a practical man, so i will give you MY reasoning as to why spending foolishly "leading to the altar" IS WRONG!

you see, men have to be themselves and should NEVER portray or pretend to be someone they are not. if a man IS NOT "the buying gift for no reason" type then he should stand by his views rather than spend lavishly before marriage AND THEN STOP after marriage. no wonder so many women get married, and then think that marriage killed their romance, when in fact they only discover the REAL man that was pretending before marriage to be who he WAS NOT!

NO MAN, i repeat NO MAN should buy anything he doesnt want to buy, just to please some damsel that they want to marry. any gifts they buy is as bad as opening a can of worms.
Re: I Dont Understand by claremont(m): 5:36pm On Jul 29, 2011
MRbrownJAY:

remember, i never said that men shouldnt buy gifts to their gfs (if they choose to), i just have a hard time understanding the notion that its NEEDED ON A REGULAR BASIS in order for any r/ship to function.

sorry but i am a practical man, so i will give you MY reasoning as to why spending foolishly "leading to the altar" IS WRONG!

you see, men have to be themselves and should NEVER portray or pretend to be someone they are not. if a man IS NOT "the buying gift for no reason" type then he should stand by his views rather than spend lavishly before marriage AND THEN STOP after marriage. no wonder so many women get married, and then think that marriage killed their romance, when in fact they only discover the REAL man that was pretending before marriage to be who he WAS NOT!

NO MAN, i repeat NO MAN should buy anything he doesnt want to buy, just to please some damsel that they want to marry. any gifts they buy is as bad as opening a can of worms.
Sound point! I am definitely NOT that type.
Re: I Dont Understand by Ogaga4Luv(m): 5:53pm On Jul 29, 2011
[size=13pt]Guys we've not come to this thread to argue let's just leave it at that grin . The issue here is that , the poster isn't sure of her relationship and i believe from individuals advices she'll learn something. . . You know? she's just a lady and most of the comments are too hard . smiley[/size]
Re: I Dont Understand by iv4real(f): 6:16pm On Jul 29, 2011
Six months , its even a new relationship. Y not take time to knowing the person better his good and bad, what makes both of u angry and happy together. A man spending money on you does not make him a good boyfriend and does not mean he loves you. You need to change your orientation about relationships or else you will end up with the wrong person.
Re: I Dont Understand by ronkebp(f): 6:36pm On Jul 29, 2011
Ogaga4Luv:

[size=13pt]Guys we've not come to this thread to argue let's just leave it at that grin . The issue here is that , the poster isn't sure of her relationship and i believe from individuals advices she'll learn something. . . You know? she's just a lady and most of the comments are too hard . smiley[/size]
Ogaga i gat you , but i will have to answer Mr Jay, grin

MRbrownJAY:

Ok , Mr Jay, i gat you, i really do not want to be dragging this, but for me personally, any man i am dating that do not think it necessary to buy me a card, 'just because it is tuesday' and does not do any of those pampering stuff for me, is STINGY, with a capital 'S'. Even if i am a CEO of a company and my guy is a shoemaker, i would love him to buy me 'groundnut or plaintain chips' just because he is sensitive, that is it for me, i do not need a guy to give me the world to prove he loves me, i need him to be Sensitive to my needs and wants, my person,
Re: I Dont Understand by Nobody: 6:46pm On Jul 29, 2011
bro Ogaga4luv
we are not arguing, far from that, this is a great discussion.
you see, women have to understand that men who buy these gifts (against their will) before marriage, only do so because they want to win their heart. the minute they got it, and marry them, they stop doing. so we have to let women know that MOST men wouldn't spend lavishly on them, if it wasn't for the emotional blackmail that is attached to NOT doing it.

i am even talking of "offering gifts" here while some women (probably like the poster) DEMAND for a monthly allowance.

therefore if women do not want to be surprised after marriage, THEY should stop forcing their future husbands to pretend to be someone he is not, just to please their egos.

. . . . . . . . . .and if women want the gifts but dont have any plans on marrying the guy then, DEFINITELY, men should keep
their money. lol

@Ronkebp
i got you, so if your guy buys you stuff once in a while its ok then?! there is no requirement for ALWAYS bringing something, just because he can.
Re: I Dont Understand by ronkebp(f): 7:30pm On Jul 29, 2011
^^^^ yes, Mr Jay, that is exactly what am saying, i don't need a monthly allowance, lol, just a show of some affection in different ways,
Re: I Dont Understand by Nobody: 7:43pm On Jul 29, 2011
Typical kind of talk from a hungry Nigerian girl.

So you want him to start giving you money abi? Why should he give you money? Shey na him born you? Can't you go and hawk pure water or fish and make some money for yourself? So you feel because u have given him some punny, therefore he should feeding and clothing you? Nonsense.

Don't go and hustle for yourself. Lazyass like you.
Re: I Dont Understand by claremont(m): 7:52pm On Jul 29, 2011
pDude:

Typical kind of talk from a hungry Nigerian girl.

So you want him to start giving you money abi? Why should he give you money? Shey na him born you? Can't you go and hawk pure water or fish and make some money for yourself? So you feel because u have given him some punny, therefore he should feeding and clothing you? Nonsense.

Don't go and hustle for yourself. Lazyass like you.
grin grin grin
Re: I Dont Understand by chibaby5(f): 8:32pm On Jul 29, 2011
Sum ladies will neva cease to amaze me. Unbelivable. Kerri Hilson sed sum ladies take too damn much. I think sum guyz take even much more. Is he your fada dat u are planning to start askin him for money? kmt

(1) (2) (Reply)

out! / Bride Slumps As Taxi Driver Escapes With Wedding Food / Get Married Stop Flirting Choose Your Desired Eligible Spouses Now

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.