Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,644 members, 7,816,646 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:29 PM

Mozambique (0) Vs Nigeria (0) On Sunday 29th March - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Mozambique (0) Vs Nigeria (0) On Sunday 29th March (15289 Views)

Poll: Which country will win this and ride on to SA 2010?

Mozambique: 6% (6 votes)
Nigeria: 93% (83 votes)
This poll has ended

Egypt Vs Nigeria AFCON Qualifier: 1 - 0 on 29th March 2016 / Caf U23 Championship Qualifier :Nigeria 0 Vs Congo 0 (Live) / Nigeria Vs South Africa : International Friendly : (1 - 1) On 29th March 2015 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mozambique (0) Vs Nigeria (0) On Sunday 29th March by Cristalz(f): 10:56pm On Mar 25, 2009
FIFA World Cup 2010 qualifying matches taking place this weekend include the Super Eagles of Nigeria taking on Mozambique at 3pm Nigerian time.

This is the second group round, and the 20 remaining African nations have been drawn into five groups(A, B, C, D, E) of four countries each. Kenya, Mozambique, Nigeria and Tunisia are in Group B.
The group winners will qualify. The qualifers will also double up for the 2010 African Nations Cup finals.

Members of the Super Eagles' squad have already started arriving in camp in readiness for the crucial game. Let's hope there will be minimal disappointments this time around.

Go Eagles!!! grin
Re: Mozambique (0) Vs Nigeria (0) On Sunday 29th March by mukina2: 11:33pm On Mar 25, 2009
We all know who will win this grin cheesy
Re: Mozambique (0) Vs Nigeria (0) On Sunday 29th March by allboyz(m): 12:52am On Mar 26, 2009
Yes, Mozambique right? Hehehe
Re: Mozambique (0) Vs Nigeria (0) On Sunday 29th March by Cristalz(f): 12:53am On Mar 26, 2009
Nigeria! (hopefully)

Osazee to score all 3 goals for Naija grin
Re: Mozambique (0) Vs Nigeria (0) On Sunday 29th March by Afam4eva(m): 8:01am On Mar 26, 2009
mukina2:

We all know who will win this grin cheesy

Cristalz:

Nigeria! (hopefully)

Osazee to score all 3 goals for Naija grin

allboyz:

Yes, Mozambique right? Hehehe

That's how proud nigerians are, they rfuse to accord other nations that respect.That's the same way we spoke about Angola and you saw what happened.
Re: Mozambique (0) Vs Nigeria (0) On Sunday 29th March by Jarus(m): 8:21am On Mar 26, 2009
I had a dream a couple of days ago that they defeated Nigeria 2-0. I'm serious. But thankfully, I'm not a dream person. My dreams are usually opposite, if at all it bears any relationship with reality.
Re: Mozambique (0) Vs Nigeria (0) On Sunday 29th March by cyriluzo(m): 8:33am On Mar 26, 2009
@Jarus
"I had a dream a couple of days ago that they defeated Nigeria 2-0. I'm serious. But thankfully, I'm not a dream person. My dreams are usually opposite, if at all it bears any relationship with reality."

Bros na wao!, dis one u wey u dey dream football, wetin na!, lol
Re: Mozambique (0) Vs Nigeria (0) On Sunday 29th March by DoubleN(m): 8:44am On Mar 26, 2009
Who cares about Nigerian football these days?
Re: Mozambique (0) Vs Nigeria (0) On Sunday 29th March by vikiviko(m): 8:46am On Mar 26, 2009
Nigeria go beat Mozambique wella
Martins, Osaze and Uche go score.
Up Eagles
Re: Mozambique (0) Vs Nigeria (0) On Sunday 29th March by luvinhubby(m): 8:56am On Mar 26, 2009
NOTHING TO PAY = NOTHING TO PLAY.
    They`ll lose the game, `cos our guys are professionals(people who work for the pay) so they play for bonuses and the $200,000 meant for it was[b] stolen[/b] right under the nose of the NFA, so nothing to pay and nothing to play for.
Re: Mozambique (0) Vs Nigeria (0) On Sunday 29th March by Jarus(m): 8:57am On Mar 26, 2009
Kanu is a leader:

On Tuesday, skipper Nwankwo Kanu led five other players into the team's camp. Obafemi Martins, Osaze Odemwingie, Obinna Nsofor, Femi Ajilore and Onyekachi Apam were the other players who breezed into the Mthunzi Lodge camp of the Eagles.

The team trained for the first time Tuesday at the Thumalahashe Stadium in Mpumalanga, which is about an hour's drive from the hotel.

Meanwhile, skipper Nwankwo Kanu has insisted yesterday afternoon that the new arrivals must join the rest at training in the evening.

Earlier, Media Officer Idah Peterside had told KickOffNigeria.com that the new arrivals would have a well deserved rest to recover from their jetlag, but Kanu surprisingly showed up when the bus was about to leave for training, less than one hour after he and his posse arrived.

“There are only six players who are going for training and that will not be good. Even if those of us who have just arrived only get to jog around with the others, it will be good for the team,” Kanu told KickOffNigeria.com as he called on the others to come down and join the bus.

“We are here to prepare well so that we can win, and if we have to sacrifice a few hours rest, we can always get it back when we get back at night. Its for the good of the country.

“And the fans will also be at the stadium to see us, it will not be good to disappoint them,” Kanu stated.
http://www.dailytrust.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=6809&Itemid=16

This is where Kanu is quite different from JJ, perhaps this explains why he is more successful. This guy has passion, and always ready to sacrifice. Remember the last ANC in Ghana, he was almost more active on the coaching bench than even Vogts. Remember how he was standing up, doing the coaching. Also he doesn't bear any grudge in his being benched or given 15-minutes of play, especially during the time(2004-2006) he was doing the super-sub role for Eagles and delivering. Can JJ make that sacrifice? Many a time he will come to Eagles camp with injury, at times he will be played even with injury. He is also known to be playing father role to Nigerian players in England and beyond, talking to them on national team etc.

I think, more than what he does on pitch, this is why Kanu is widely liked in Nigeria.
Re: Mozambique (0) Vs Nigeria (0) On Sunday 29th March by cyriluzo(m): 9:03am On Mar 26, 2009
"The team trained for the first time Tuesday at the Thumalahashe Stadium in Mpumalanga, which is about an hour's drive from the hotel."

I can't imagine a team traveling one hour to go an train.
Re: Mozambique (0) Vs Nigeria (0) On Sunday 29th March by toideve(m): 9:18am On Mar 26, 2009
i just don't know but i have a mixed feelings for this match, i just pray the SE doesn't disappoint even if they have to win by a lone goal, 3 points is what matters
Re: Mozambique (0) Vs Nigeria (0) On Sunday 29th March by gentlegg(m): 10:04am On Mar 26, 2009
I can't remember when last I watch the super-eaglets ehh sorry super eagles.

Apart from Kanu, Martins, Yakubu and Osaze, I don't think I still know the name of any other present super eagles.

Being patrotic, Nigeria wins.
Re: Mozambique (0) Vs Nigeria (0) On Sunday 29th March by seedord247(m): 10:11am On Mar 26, 2009
Up Eagles grin

Re: Mozambique (0) Vs Nigeria (0) On Sunday 29th March by fesse(f): 11:02am On Mar 26, 2009
LETS HOPE, NIGERIA WILL WIN.

ALL THE BEST OF LUCK.
Re: Mozambique (0) Vs Nigeria (0) On Sunday 29th March by cvibe: 11:16am On Mar 26, 2009
Mozambique is not a major challenge but our boyz have this way of making teams like these difficult,i cant place my bet on eagles,dey misbehave wen u least xpect.i wish dey do well anyway cos d match is important
Re: Mozambique (0) Vs Nigeria (0) On Sunday 29th March by Cristalz(f): 11:19am On Mar 26, 2009
They've already started misbehaving. . .obviously getting to camp in time is the toughest task known to man.

Dunno why they always have to be pushed and prodded like cows. Forget the NFA, just do it for love of Nigeria.
Re: Mozambique (0) Vs Nigeria (0) On Sunday 29th March by Jarus(m): 11:21am On Mar 26, 2009
Mozambique is not a major challenge but our boyz
Let's write them off at our own peril. This same team held star-studded CIV team to a 1-1 draw.
Re: Mozambique (0) Vs Nigeria (0) On Sunday 29th March by RSA(m): 12:01pm On Mar 26, 2009
Since Nigeria is currently based in South Africa I will be behind them this time around.Although I have a deep connection with Mozambique(my father is mozambiquen) I think Nigeria will draw this one,this will make me happy. grin.See no one loses.
Re: Mozambique (0) Vs Nigeria (0) On Sunday 29th March by Kc0022000(m): 12:02pm On Mar 26, 2009
Gone are the days of super E, expect the unexpected with the current boys
Re: Mozambique (0) Vs Nigeria (0) On Sunday 29th March by ebami007(m): 12:33pm On Mar 26, 2009
nigeria needs to sit up if we want to qualify.
Re: Mozambique (0) Vs Nigeria (0) On Sunday 29th March by sayoplenty: 1:30pm On Mar 26, 2009
i dont think we should be nursing any doubt about who will win the match,but our guys are bunch of dissapointment. they will f**k you up when you least expect. they are big boys u know! ;d
Re: Mozambique (0) Vs Nigeria (0) On Sunday 29th March by onyeokwuak(f): 1:52pm On Mar 26, 2009
Nigerians should begin to see the rebranding of Nigeria from the angle of being supportive to Nigeria's  programs and sports  teams.Lets stop being negative lets be positive in every aspect I give a hundred percent support for the Super Eagles when they play on sunday.We have great players. Up Super Eagles !!!
Re: Mozambique (0) Vs Nigeria (0) On Sunday 29th March by deb(m): 2:42pm On Mar 26, 2009
I had a dream a couple of days ago that they defeated Nigeria 2-0. I'm serious. But thankfully, I'm not a dream person. My dreams are usually opposite, if at all it bears any relationship with reality.

Man! You had a dream about super eagles. I dey pray for you hear o make you no come get hypertension.
Dem fit disapoint person o.
Re: Mozambique (0) Vs Nigeria (0) On Sunday 29th March by PurestBoy(m): 3:10pm On Mar 26, 2009
These chickens are unpredictable kind of animals and I would rather relax in a cool spot with some cold bottle of beer instead of hoping on them and eventually get disappointed.
Re: Mozambique (0) Vs Nigeria (0) On Sunday 29th March by Fadajasi(m): 3:15pm On Mar 26, 2009
Damn!
Re: Mozambique (0) Vs Nigeria (0) On Sunday 29th March by Fadajasi(m): 3:16pm On Mar 26, 2009
Damn!
Re: Mozambique (0) Vs Nigeria (0) On Sunday 29th March by nateev(m): 4:10pm On Mar 26, 2009
NIGERIA will definitely win!!
Re: Mozambique (0) Vs Nigeria (0) On Sunday 29th March by nwajohn(m): 5:12pm On Mar 26, 2009
In the match on sunday Nigeria are the better side to win so let them go for it but we should be cautious because this same mozambique teams held cote'ivoire to a goalless draw in the 1st phase of the qualifiers at home and cote'ivoire manage to beat them 1-0 at Abijan a 75th goal so they are not push-overs.

The match is coming up at 1300hrs GMT that is 2pm not 3pm
Re: Mozambique (0) Vs Nigeria (0) On Sunday 29th March by LuCiA2(f): 5:25pm On Mar 26, 2009
you guys speak of CIV like they're gods playing football. if Moz. held CiV to a draw, to me its the most ordinary thing that can happen in football. that doesnt mean we aint gonna trash their asses in Maputo.
Re: Mozambique (0) Vs Nigeria (0) On Sunday 29th March by Ifeniyi22(m): 6:09pm On Mar 26, 2009
Here we go again.
with the over confidence and all.
I pray we win

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Roger Federer Announces Retirement From Professional Tennis / Phil Foden: Man City Midfielder Wins Premier League Young Player Of The Year / Stephen Keshi Listed On ESPN FC Most Influential Person In Sport 2013

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.