Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,475 members, 7,816,119 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:42 AM

Mozambique (0) Vs Nigeria (0) On Sunday 29th March - Sports (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Mozambique (0) Vs Nigeria (0) On Sunday 29th March (15283 Views)

Poll: Which country will win this and ride on to SA 2010?

Mozambique: 6% (6 votes)
Nigeria: 93% (83 votes)
This poll has ended

Egypt Vs Nigeria AFCON Qualifier: 1 - 0 on 29th March 2016 / Caf U23 Championship Qualifier :Nigeria 0 Vs Congo 0 (Live) / Nigeria Vs South Africa : International Friendly : (1 - 1) On 29th March 2015 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mozambique (0) Vs Nigeria (0) On Sunday 29th March by dayokanu(m): 4:19pm On Mar 29, 2009
Cameroun lost to Togo that went to the last world cup and have the current African footballer of the year in their midst.

I cant name any Mozambique player maybe Eusebio
Re: Mozambique (0) Vs Nigeria (0) On Sunday 29th March by honeric01(m): 4:20pm On Mar 29, 2009
dayokanu:

The Olympic team straight from beijing would have won this game in 20 minutes CONVINCINGLY!!!!

Honeric na Egbeda you dey stay? Na my hood be dat.

I 90% AGREE WITH YOU, at least we had a good midfield in that team compared to this one, but won't win the match in 20 minutes lol,

Yes oo, na Egbeda i dey stay now, but my hood na Surulere, so u still dey stay for Egbeda or na there u airlifted from?

so i just paid 300 Naira to the bike man for nothing? na wasted my money to fuel the Generator, wasted my strength to start the Gen too? Ewoo, this won't happen again until Siasia becomes Super Eagle's coach.
Re: Mozambique (0) Vs Nigeria (0) On Sunday 29th March by messiah(m): 4:21pm On Mar 29, 2009
super chickens don fk up agen. we live in past glory. simple.
Re: Mozambique (0) Vs Nigeria (0) On Sunday 29th March by ojesymsym: 4:22pm On Mar 29, 2009
One of the painful thing about this amodu issue is that, as from moro, u'll start hearing excuses ranging from
1. At least we did not lose, wen cameron did
2. Its only the first game
3. Amodu has lost only one game
5. etc
Even when we were winning those games and forming super star, the enlightened minds could observe that the team was far from good, a disciplined side with no respect for names (come to think of it sef, wich big name we get) will beat us right now.
Amodu should graciously resign. Those teams dat lost games in d first round out of fear have gone, these teams have self belief. Without no technical input and no formation non plan, den forget about wining. With Tunisia in d same group the plot simply thickens. I wish us luck, but would been beta if the luck was matched with a good team play, to make the work easier for mother luck.
Re: Mozambique (0) Vs Nigeria (0) On Sunday 29th March by Redman44(m): 4:23pm On Mar 29, 2009
@Sauron

Stop supporting Amodu. You know that he and his boys did not perform well today. He has started meeting tough teams and his deficiencies are now showing. Hmn, things are looking odious. This game is a bad omen.
Re: Mozambique (0) Vs Nigeria (0) On Sunday 29th March by Sauron1: 4:23pm On Mar 29, 2009
dayokanu:

Cameroun lost to Togo that went to the last world cup and have the current African footballer of the year in their midst.
I cant name any Mozambique player maybe Eusebio

What a disgusting line of argument??
So because Togo has the current African Footballer of The Year in their midst means Cameroun didn't lose THREE POINTS??
Should Cameroun be losing to Togo even if they have Ronaldo and Fabregas in their midst??
The same Cameroun team that has Kameni, Etoo, Song, Geremi, Makoun and Assou-Ekotto in their team??

sherrify:

NO MAKE ME VEX OOO,WHICH KIND TIME U WAN GIVE PERSON LIKE AMODU,FOR US TO GIVE HIM TIME WE SHOULD SEE THAT HE IS TECHNICALY SOUND,MY PROBLEM WAS NOT THE DRAW OR THE TEAM,WE HAD GUD PLAYERS MY PROBS WAS WITH THE TECHNICAL CREW,

U DON AVE AN IDEA WHY D THING THEY PAIN ME LIKE THIS,I WORK FOR A FUTBALL FIRM ABROAD,ALL THIS THINGS THEY KILL BUISNESS WE KNO FIT MARKET NIGERIAN PLAYERS LIKE BEFORE, SMALL CLUBS ABROAD PREFARE PLAYERS FROM GHANA,TOGO,ANGOLA AND THE REST,

NA GOD GO PUNISH THIS NFA PEOPLA COS THEM WAN TAKE FOOD COMOT FOR MY MOUTH

ROFLMAOWPIMP grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Mozambique (0) Vs Nigeria (0) On Sunday 29th March by derint(m): 4:25pm On Mar 29, 2009
which nigerian tv station showed the match because nta in the USA did not show the match
Re: Mozambique (0) Vs Nigeria (0) On Sunday 29th March by ajekpaks(m): 4:26pm On Mar 29, 2009
Oh boy make them sack Amodu(na Ajebutter coach) We need kpako koach like Siasia how many months them give Siasia to use produce silver medal winning team
Re: Mozambique (0) Vs Nigeria (0) On Sunday 29th March by PurestBoy(m): 4:27pm On Mar 29, 2009
Can the moderator allow us to edit our vote poll? I had predicted this already.
Re: Mozambique (0) Vs Nigeria (0) On Sunday 29th March by otokx(m): 4:27pm On Mar 29, 2009
this AMODU guy will not do us any good
Re: Mozambique (0) Vs Nigeria (0) On Sunday 29th March by sherrify: 4:28pm On Mar 29, 2009
@ SAURON,
               ROFLMAOWPIMP              

U DEY TAKE ME DO YEYE ABI,OK OOOOOOOO,WETIN DEY PAIN ME.
Re: Mozambique (0) Vs Nigeria (0) On Sunday 29th March by Redman44(m): 4:29pm On Mar 29, 2009
well, I predicted a goalless draw this morning. I am not happy about the display of the Eagles. I've got my life to live anyway. Cheers.
Re: Mozambique (0) Vs Nigeria (0) On Sunday 29th March by naso2(m): 4:31pm On Mar 29, 2009
I have said it b4 and will repeat " amodu is not the right coach for the  super eagles"

Every team has its bad day but the question is "on a bad day what does the coach see"

We did not play better than this against siera-leone in freetown, in fairness SA could have beaten us by 3-0 but they lost all their chances and we used our only chance and amodu said it was a strategy. We saw a woeful perfromance against Brasil Jamaica in friendly but amodu said it was ok.

Siasia lost only the final match in the olympics but he showed his displeasure in two of those matches and asked the boys to sit up. If you re-watch those matches you will see that even for the matches where siasia was displeased his boys played better than their opponents. That is what we call a coach. So that u are sure of seeing a better performance after a not-too-good one.

Ask amodu about this match and you will hear excuses, NO ROOM FOR IMPROVEMENT.

The players will big name always support amodu becuase it is only in his team that players like taiye taiwo and co are guaranteed automatic shirts.

Cry the beloved country . We are not playing well and not getting the points. what a shame
Re: Mozambique (0) Vs Nigeria (0) On Sunday 29th March by dayokanu(m): 4:38pm On Mar 29, 2009
What a disgusting line of argument??
So because Togo has the current African Footballer of The Year in their midst means Cameroun didn't lose THREE POINTS??
Should Cameroun be losing to Togo even if they have Ronaldo and Fabregas in their midst??
The same Cameroun team that has Kameni, Etoo, Song, Geremi, Makoun and Assou-Ekotto in their team??

A single player can make a difference in a game.

Argentina did with Maradona, he left the squad in US 94 and they failed to win a game afterwards.

Shevchenko carried his team to the world cup, George Weah with Liberia ran Nigeria ragged towards Japan Korea,

Zidane made the whole difference in France, After he left the team they became a joke. Last in their Euro cup group.

Chilavert did with Paraguay in France 1998 lost in the last minutes against eventual world champion France

Well for little minds like you who knows nothing about football, Its absurd
Re: Mozambique (0) Vs Nigeria (0) On Sunday 29th March by sley4life(m): 4:42pm On Mar 29, 2009
amodu nids more orientation. we nid inform players. 60% of our players are bench warmers in their respective clubs
Re: Mozambique (0) Vs Nigeria (0) On Sunday 29th March by SirQweird(m): 4:45pm On Mar 29, 2009
And it begins; similar to qualifications for WC 2006.

I didn't watch the match , but I am sure I would not blame Amoudu (if I had seen the match) or any coach for that matter.

These boys are not hungry to play for their country. A good number of them are being paid over $70K/week salaries - what the hell do they care?!?. A good number of these guys play for world-class coaches - what the hell would Amoudu say to them that they'd listen to really (tactical or otherwise).

Remember the team at WC '94 - that team was made up of a bunch of hungry footballers. We do well in the youth championships, because the boys that make up the team are hungry to achieve.

The super eagles should be made up of good footballers that are local (at least to the tune of 75% of the team). See what happens then.

Asswipes drawing with Mozambique. Can you imagine that crap !!! (Pardon my venting).
Re: Mozambique (0) Vs Nigeria (0) On Sunday 29th March by Sauron1: 4:46pm On Mar 29, 2009
dayokanu:

A single player can make a difference in a game.
Argentina did with Maradona, he left the squad in US 94 and they failed to win a game afterwards.
Shevchenko carried his team to the world cup, George Weah with Liberia ran Nigeria ragged towards Japan Korea,
Zidane made the whole difference in France, After he left the team they became a joke. Last in their Euro cup group.

U are a witless apprentice. . . . . . Are u trying to say Togo should be beating a Cameroon side that has the best striker in Europe??
On current form, would u choose Adebayor over Samuel Etoo or are you just playing dumb??
Why didn't George Weah take Liberia to the world cup?? Why didn't Shevchenko win the world cup/Euros with Ukraine.
Figo did nothing for Portugal. Zidane did not really have any influence with France in 1998. He copped a red card that made him miss 3 matches.
If France depended on him like you keep bleating, they woulda been eliminated by the time he joined the team later in the tourney.

Chilavert did with Paraguay in France 1998 lost in the last minutes against eventual world champion France

Chilavert ma ass. . . . . . .With their negative football, what do you expect??

Well for little minds like you who knows nothing about football, Its absurd

Go and sit down and brush your football acumen.
Adebayor(African Player Of the Year) ma foot. . . . . . .He cannot even get a first team shirt anymore at Arsenal.
Van Persie and Eduardo will start before Adebayor.
Re: Mozambique (0) Vs Nigeria (0) On Sunday 29th March by honeric01(m): 4:48pm On Mar 29, 2009
Togo went to the world cup the last time, they are not a minnow anymore, but who is Mozambique? they have only been to the nations cup once, so i think it's still a shame they dictated the match from start to finish and with our wasteful martins, what can you say?
Re: Mozambique (0) Vs Nigeria (0) On Sunday 29th March by naso2(m): 4:51pm On Mar 29, 2009
sley4life:

amodu nids more orientation. we nid inform players. 60% of our players are bench warmers in their respective clubs

Whose responsibility to get hungry boys or to make these
men hungry? If the coach can not do that to get his job done then let him forget about the job. Its a world cup ticket we are talking about. Now whose responsibilty to get the right match strategy? may be its me
Re: Mozambique (0) Vs Nigeria (0) On Sunday 29th March by Sauron1: 4:58pm On Mar 29, 2009
honeric01:

Togo went to the world cup the last time, they are not a minnow anymore, but who is Mozambique? they have only been to the nations cup once, so i think it's still a shame they dictated the match from start to finish and with our wasteful martins, what can you say?

Mozambique is on high altitude. . . .These climate conditions tend to affect players based in Europe.
Nigerians couldn't match their fitness and the lads deserve some credits for clawing a point away from home.
They will beat Mozambique in Nigeria. . . . . .As long as Nigeria can win all their home games and nick one or 2 victories away from home, they will be fine.
Re: Mozambique (0) Vs Nigeria (0) On Sunday 29th March by dayokanu(m): 4:59pm On Mar 29, 2009
U are a witless apprentice. . . . . . Are u trying to say Togo should be beating a Cameroon side that has the best striker in Europe??
On current form, would u choose Adebayor over Samuel Etoo or are you just playing dumb??
Why didn't George Weah take Liberia to the world cup?? Why didn't Shevchenko win the world cup/Euros with Ukraine.
Figo did nothing for Portugal. Zidane did not really have any influence with France in 1998. He copped a red card that made him miss 3 matches.
If France depended on him like you keep bleating, they woulda been eliminated by the time he joined the team later in the tourney.

Are you questioning why Liberia beat Nigeria in Moronvia in 2001?

Zidane did not have any influence on France? I laff in Krio.  grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

1994 without Zidane they didnt qualify for WC,
1996 begining of Zidane era lost to Czech on penalties in the semis,
World cup 1998 with Zidane they won he was World footballer of the year,
Euro 2000 they won and Zidane was named player of the tournament and Ballon D'or and FIFA player of the year, 2 years later Zidane was injured they couldnt score a single goal,
2004 he was highest goal scorer for the French in Euro 2004,
2006 he had to come out of retirement to get them to the finals
2 years later 2006 the French were last in their Euro cup Group WITHOUT ZIDANE.

Now they are back to where they were pre Zidane.

Honeric are you minding Sharon? Mozambique is now equal to Togo? because Togo a world cup team beat Cameroun means Mozambique with most of their players based in Mozambique and South Africa Should draw Nigeria even if we play in the moon.
The same excuse we have for losing to Uganda. Away game Like Tunisia was not playing away yesterday against Kenya
Re: Mozambique (0) Vs Nigeria (0) On Sunday 29th March by honeric01(m): 5:00pm On Mar 29, 2009
Amodu can never go hunting for new players to complement the ones on ground, SHOW ME ONE PLAYER AMODU ROOTED OUT OF THE BLUES TO BUILD HIS TEAM HOME OR ABROAD, JUST SHOW ME ONE.
Re: Mozambique (0) Vs Nigeria (0) On Sunday 29th March by nich(m): 5:07pm On Mar 29, 2009
so how did the match end.

sorry i did not watch the match. undecided
Re: Mozambique (0) Vs Nigeria (0) On Sunday 29th March by Sauron1: 5:09pm On Mar 29, 2009
dayokanu:

Are you questioning why Liberia beat Nigeria in Moronvia in 2001?

It's a football game. Any small team can beat a big team.
Cameroon beat Argentina in 1990 world cup. . . . .Opening game with Maradona in his prime. . .What do u have to say that??
Liberia beat Nigeria in Moronvia but Nigeria came back to beat em 3-0 in Portharcourt. . . . .Who went to the World Cup that year?? Liberia.
Who cares how teams get to the world cup?? The goal is GETTING THERE.

Honeric are you minding Sharon? Mozambique is now equal to Togo? because Togo a world cup team beat Cameroun means Mozambique with most of their players based in Mozambique and South Africa Should draw Nigeria even if we play in the moon.
The same excuse we have for losing to Uganda. Away game Like Tunisia was not playing away yesterday against Kenya

Cameroun LOST to Togo. . . . . . .Nigeria DREW Mozambique(2 different scenarios).
The result Nigeria copped today is much better than Cameroun's situation.
There are many games to go. Chile and Columbia have beaten Argentina in South America.
Peru and Ecuador have taken points from them as well . . . .so whatz the fuss about??
Re: Mozambique (0) Vs Nigeria (0) On Sunday 29th March by naso2(m): 5:12pm On Mar 29, 2009
honeric01:

Amodu can never go hunting for new players to complement the ones on ground, SHOW ME ONE PLAYER AMODU ROOTED OUT OF THE BLUES TO BUILD HIS TEAM HOME OR ABROAD, JUST SHOW ME ONE.
We will not qualify if they dont sack him early. Amodu is making Christian chukwu look like a genius
Re: Mozambique (0) Vs Nigeria (0) On Sunday 29th March by honeric01(m): 5:20pm On Mar 29, 2009
~Sauron~:

Mozambique is on high altitude. . . .These climate conditions tend to affect players based in Europe.
Nigerians couldn't match their fitness and the lads deserve some credits for clawing a point away from home.
They will beat Mozambique in Nigeria. . . . . .As long as Nigeria can win all their home games and nick one or 2 victories away from home, they will be fine.

Bro, 80% of the Moz players play in the south African league, the weather there is relatively similar to the one in Europe, so please stop giving excuse of hot weather, don't we have such hot weather here in Nigeria that these players grew up from? they camped for a week on the same kind of pitch in south Africa so they knew what they were to meet when they get to Moz.

Do you think with this kind of play, we can beat Tunisia and Kenya with stronger play and tactics in their home?

~Sauron~:

It's a football game. Any small team can beat a big team.
Cameroon beat Argentina in 1990 world cup. . . . .Opening game with Maradona in his prime. . .What do u have to say that??
Liberia beat Nigeria in Moronvia but Nigeria came back to beat em 3-0 in Portharcourt. . . . .Who went to the World Cup that year?? Liberia.
Who cares how teams get to the world cup?? The goal is GETTING THERE.

Cameroun LOST to Togo. . . . . . .Nigeria DREW Mozambique(2 different scenarios).
There are many games to go. Chile and Columbia have beaten Argentina in South America.
Peru and Ecuador have taken points from them as well . . . .so whatz the fuss about??

man, will you stop this? are we competing with Cameroon and top or with Tunisia and Kenya? what happens to Cameroon is not our problem, our problem is the poor display our team dished out for us today, so compare Nigeria with the rest 3 teams in our group and not with Cameroon and Togo pls,
Re: Mozambique (0) Vs Nigeria (0) On Sunday 29th March by Sauron1: 5:27pm On Mar 29, 2009
honeric01:

Bro, 80% of the Moz players play in the south African league, the weather there is relatively similar to the one in Europe, so please stop giving excuse of hot weather, don't we have such hot weather here in Nigeria that these players grew up from? they camped for a week on the same kind of pitch in south Africa so they knew what they were to meet when they get to Moz.

Do you know the effects of HIGH ALTITUDE to football players??
Go and do a research then get back to me.

Do you think with this kind of play, we can beat Tunisia and Kenya with stronger play and tactics in their home?

Yes we can!!!!!
You can lose a game against a small team and beat a big team.
Football ain't arithmetic. Form on the day WINS.

man, will you stop this? are we competing with Cameroon and top or with Tunisia and Kenya? what happens to Cameroon is not our problem, our problem is the poor display our team dished out for us today, so compare Nigeria with the rest 3 teams in our group and not with Cameroon and Togo pls,

It's too early to start predicting DOOM.
We could have won today's game and go on to lose the remaining group games.
Things will IMPROVE. Slow n steady wins the race.
Re: Mozambique (0) Vs Nigeria (0) On Sunday 29th March by honeric01(m): 5:33pm On Mar 29, 2009
[quote][/quote]

Man, Argentina is the one leading their group, stop mixing things together, they handled their business yesterday by beating Venezuela 4 nil yesterday, Brazil is playing Bolivia tonight.
Re: Mozambique (0) Vs Nigeria (0) On Sunday 29th March by asha80(m): 5:34pm On Mar 29, 2009
@dayokanu

I think french national teams in general rely on a classic playmaker to perfom.

France played well in 1958 world cup and reached the semi finals when they had a classic playmaker called Kopa.After he retired in the early sixties french football went into doldrums until late seventies due to the emergence of platini and they qualified for 1978 world cup even though they did not perfom well.However we all know what the french did in 1982,1984 and 1986 when Platini was at his peak.

When Platini retired france could not qualify for 2 successive world cups and i am not sure they played euro88.Their euro92 was a dismal outing.

Then came the emergence of Zidane.
Re: Mozambique (0) Vs Nigeria (0) On Sunday 29th March by umbawo(m): 5:36pm On Mar 29, 2009
E get one saying wey say Na PERSON WEY CARRY FIRST FOR CLASS NA HIM KNOW BOOK PASS, no body cares how he came first.
All we want is nigeria to qualify thats all. to qualify is one thing and to compete after qualification is another .
Bottom line,  i dont believe in amodu.
Re: Mozambique (0) Vs Nigeria (0) On Sunday 29th March by Sauron1: 5:38pm On Mar 29, 2009

Man,  Argentina is the one leading their group, stop mixing things together,  they handled their business yesterday by beating Venezuela 4 nil yesterday, Brazil is playing Bolivia tonight.

U dunno your football.
Argentina is 2nd to Paraguay. Paraguay is 4 points ahead.
In this world cup qualifying campaign, Argentina has lost 2 group games
Paraguay has lost 2 group games as well which means Nigeria CAN also drop points and STILL go to the world cup.
Enough of all these knee-jerk reactions
Re: Mozambique (0) Vs Nigeria (0) On Sunday 29th March by mukina2: 5:39pm On Mar 29, 2009
cheesy cheesy cheesy  grin grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Brazil Women Players To Get Equal Pay As Men / Birmingham 2022: Islamiyat Yusuf Claims Bronze In Women's Weightlifting Event / Nigeria Beat South Africa 3-2, Qualify For Quarter Final Of Under 17 Nations Cup

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.