Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,732 members, 7,809,808 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:19 PM

Is Childbirth Really The Most Painful Thing Or Is It Exaggerated? - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is Childbirth Really The Most Painful Thing Or Is It Exaggerated? (58753 Views)

Women, Childbirth And Laziness / Most Painful Death Of A Loved One You Had / Your Experience During Childbirth In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Childbirth Really The Most Painful Thing Or Is It Exaggerated? by Nobody: 12:32am On Apr 01, 2009
sley4life:

for me child bearing is really felt in the last stages where u will be under certain diet & mayb the part of delivery but the other part might not seems so difficult to handle
We're talking about labor.

If you don't know what the thread is about, kindly take your leave,
Re: Is Childbirth Really The Most Painful Thing Or Is It Exaggerated? by Sissy3(f): 12:33am On Apr 01, 2009
tope2000:

u still here? when is ur internet run outta money??

i seriously think he is looking for someone to pick up an argument with on such useless topic

so like you said, i will keep my peace wink

Ebony-Silk:

Ebony, no mind him. just keep ur peace. he aint worth the extra time wink
Re: Is Childbirth Really The Most Painful Thing Or Is It Exaggerated? by Nobody: 12:36am On Apr 01, 2009
I'm very peaceful, I just hate it when men try to bring women down.

Hmmm, maybe I'm kinda a feminist. Just a little cool cool

@Sissy
You seem so knowledgeable when it comes to kids. . . .I know where I know my part from. . . .are you a mother, elder sister, or a student?

If you don't mind me asking wink
Re: Is Childbirth Really The Most Painful Thing Or Is It Exaggerated? by Hauwa1: 12:39am On Apr 01, 2009
given that no epidural in those days, i wonder how parents managed to rake 9 10, 11, 12 and more kids. undecided
Re: Is Childbirth Really The Most Painful Thing Or Is It Exaggerated? by Nobody: 12:40am On Apr 01, 2009
*Hauwa*:

given that no epidural in those days, i wonder how parents managed to rake 9 10, 11, 12 and more kids. undecided

Watch the first scene of Kunta Kente grin grin
You'll see
Re: Is Childbirth Really The Most Painful Thing Or Is It Exaggerated? by tope2000(f): 12:40am On Apr 01, 2009
*Hauwa*:

My sister took an epidural n she said she doesnt know the purpose cux it still hurts like hell. undecided
Re: Is Childbirth Really The Most Painful Thing Or Is It Exaggerated? by sley4life(m): 12:44am On Apr 01, 2009
Ebony-Silk:

i guess u arent geting my pt. didnt u read where i said the painful part is the delivering part(labor). before getting 2 labor do u knw the pains u feel b4 & after. . the first labor is kind of painful but thereafter the pains arent felt much
Re: Is Childbirth Really The Most Painful Thing Or Is It Exaggerated? by sley4life(m): 12:45am On Apr 01, 2009
~Sissy~:

i seriously think he is looking for someone to pick up an argument with on such useless topic

so like you said, i will keep my peace wink

Ebony, no mind him. just keep ur peace. he aint worth the extra time wink
na u be the poster, u supose de sleep now abi na aus u dey
Re: Is Childbirth Really The Most Painful Thing Or Is It Exaggerated? by Sissy3(f): 12:46am On Apr 01, 2009
sley4life:

i guess u arent geting my pt. didnt u read where i said the painful part is the delivering part(labor). before getting 2 labor do u knw the pains u feel b4 & after. . the first labor is kind of painful but thereafter the pains arent felt much

now you r on topic!

so wot was that your ranting about eve eating and all that about them undecided
Re: Is Childbirth Really The Most Painful Thing Or Is It Exaggerated? by Nobody: 12:47am On Apr 01, 2009
sley4life:

So where does the serpent and eve come into this?
You're trying to start the inferiority thing again, aren't you?

This should have been your first post to this thread. wink
Re: Is Childbirth Really The Most Painful Thing Or Is It Exaggerated? by Sissy3(f): 12:47am On Apr 01, 2009
sley4life:

na u be the poster,  u supose de sleep now abi na aus u dey

do u have sleeping pills, cox i cant seem to fall asleep, mister?

or better, come and tuck me in then?
Re: Is Childbirth Really The Most Painful Thing Or Is It Exaggerated? by factbox(f): 12:51am On Apr 01, 2009
cool cool cool cool
if it is worth the pain then who cares,even some virginity give pains more than childbirth since it has to be done like 3 to 4 times b4 the hymen eventually breaks off.so better be positive about it, though i have never xprienced it b4 but so sure to cope when the time finally comes with God Almighty.ce finni.
Re: Is Childbirth Really The Most Painful Thing Or Is It Exaggerated? by Nobody: 12:55am On Apr 01, 2009
ROTFLMAO!!

SMH
Re: Is Childbirth Really The Most Painful Thing Or Is It Exaggerated? by sley4life(m): 12:57am On Apr 01, 2009
Ebony-Silk:

So where does the serpent and eve come into this?
You're trying to start the inferiority thing again, aren't you?

This should have been your first post to this thread.  wink

i knw. but just wanted 2 chill my ass 2 the seat 2 conc on d topic proper, its one reason y d whites dnt like much kids. but the blacks are strong to withstand such pains cos our immune is more boosted,
Re: Is Childbirth Really The Most Painful Thing Or Is It Exaggerated? by Sissy3(f): 12:57am On Apr 01, 2009
Ebony-Silk:

I'm very peaceful, I just hate it when men try to bring women down.

Hmmm, maybe I'm kinda a feminist. Just a little  cool cool

@Sissy
You seem so knowledgeable when it comes to kids. . . .I know where I know my part from. . . .are you a mother, elder sister, or a student?

If you don't mind me asking  wink
Re: Is Childbirth Really The Most Painful Thing Or Is It Exaggerated? by sley4life(m): 1:01am On Apr 01, 2009
~Sissy~:

do u have sleeping pills, cox i cant seem to fall asleep, mister?

or better, come and tuck me in then?

i get coffee&kola wit me, mayb i go wire am electronicaly for u,
abeg i dey feel for una wey de go child birth, abeg make una take heart, the part i hate is when the labour goes otherwise, i have lots of experience wit ladies that got operated cos the baby stuck during delivery
Re: Is Childbirth Really The Most Painful Thing Or Is It Exaggerated? by Sissy3(f): 1:03am On Apr 01, 2009
sley4life:

i get coffee&kola wit me, mayb i go wire am electronicaly for u,
abeg i dey feel for una wey de go child birth, abeg make una take heart, the part i hate is when the labour goes otherwise, i have lots of experience wit ladies that got operated cos the baby stuck during delivery

yes thats always the scariest part coz then it is do or die embarassed
Re: Is Childbirth Really The Most Painful Thing Or Is It Exaggerated? by Nobody: 1:07am On Apr 01, 2009
~Sissy~:

Ebony no vex oo, i didnt see ur question b4 embarassed

okay, i'm three of those description you posted there cheesy

elder sister, sister, and medical student, studying to be a pediatrician (almost finish yay) cheesy cheesy

again sorry, i didnt see ur question kiss kiss

and you?
No wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!

OMG!! I loff you!! cheesy cheesy

You just described me cool cool Not yet a Med Student, thoguh.

Girl, go for it and strive for the best wink

Do you go to the hospital ? That's what I love abt my school, we're allowed to shadow the nurses and docs.

No wonder!! wink
Re: Is Childbirth Really The Most Painful Thing Or Is It Exaggerated? by Nobody: 1:10am On Apr 01, 2009
Y
sley4life:

i knw. but just wanted 2 chill my ass 2 the seat 2 conc on d topic proper, its one reason y d whites dnt like much kids. but the blacks are strong to withstand such pains cos our immune is more boosted,
Next time you come to a thread about women where you see women talking abt labor, watch what you say o tongue
Re: Is Childbirth Really The Most Painful Thing Or Is It Exaggerated? by sley4life(m): 1:13am On Apr 01, 2009
~Sissy~:

yes thats always the scariest part coz then it is do or die embarassed
i understand, my wiffy wont undergoe such. i heard kids born thru operation arent much smart. but they still have to undergoe intensive care. sometimes u see the baby coming out with the wrong part maybe the legs first, such cases are very bad, thanx for the modern era where u get the facilities to treat any disorderliness and also provide sedatives for the woman on labor so the pains might not be much felt
Re: Is Childbirth Really The Most Painful Thing Or Is It Exaggerated? by Nobody: 1:15am On Apr 01, 2009
Once you do C-Sec, you do it for the rest of your babies also.

So no C-sec ppl cheesy
Re: Is Childbirth Really The Most Painful Thing Or Is It Exaggerated? by Sissy3(f): 1:20am On Apr 01, 2009
sley4life:

i understand,  my wiffy wont undergoe such. i heard kids born thru operation arent much smart. but they still have to undergoe intensive care. sometimes u see the baby coming out with the wrong part maybe the legs first, such cases are very bad, thanx for the modern era where u get the facilities to treat any disorderliness and also provide sedatives for the woman on labor so the pains might not be much felt

who fed you with such pathetic lies?

Ebony-Silk:

Once you do C-Sec, you do it for the rest of your babies also.

So no C-sec ppl  cheesy

nah, due surgical technique today, vaginal birth after C-section (VBAC) is possible in many cases. In fact, 60 percent to 80 percent of women who try VBAC have a successful though it is not right for everyone but it is very much possible
Re: Is Childbirth Really The Most Painful Thing Or Is It Exaggerated? by Nobody: 1:24am On Apr 01, 2009
~Sissy~:

who fed you with such pathetic lies?

nah, due surgical technique today, vaginal birth after C-section (VBAC) is possible in many cases. In fact, 60 percent to 80 percent of women who try VBAC have a successful though it is not right for everyone but it is very much possible
Would you go through with C-sec?
Re: Is Childbirth Really The Most Painful Thing Or Is It Exaggerated? by Sissy3(f): 1:26am On Apr 01, 2009
Ebony-Silk:

Would you go through with C-sec?

thats not my first choice cheesy cheesy but if complications arises i wouldn't give it a second thought
Re: Is Childbirth Really The Most Painful Thing Or Is It Exaggerated? by sley4life(m): 1:29am On Apr 01, 2009
@sissy thats wat i heard. somtimes u dnt question those that brought such statements. babies i heard born thru operation goes thru alot.  its what ive heard long time ago but some might be lucky to come out sucessfuly & stil bcome smart like ones born thru d normal child labor process
Re: Is Childbirth Really The Most Painful Thing Or Is It Exaggerated? by hassymo5(m): 6:03am On Apr 01, 2009
I work in a clinic, i have neva enter d labour room cos i'm a laboratory personel, but when a woman is in a labour room about to deliver her scream tells me she is in a serious pain. So its very painful my sister. That's the reality.
Re: Is Childbirth Really The Most Painful Thing Or Is It Exaggerated? by Nobody: 6:36am On Apr 01, 2009
Re: Is Childbirth Really The Most Painful Thing Or Is It Exaggerated? by Em2va: 6:52am On Apr 01, 2009
:-x
Re: Is Childbirth Really The Most Painful Thing Or Is It Exaggerated? by Nobody: 7:24am On Apr 01, 2009
It depends on ones ability to stand pain.
Personally, i can endure pain.
It wasn't that painful.
Again, i think local anesthesia would help.
Re: Is Childbirth Really The Most Painful Thing Or Is It Exaggerated? by 7eleven: 7:37am On Apr 01, 2009
the first time i was glad to be a man, was when I saw the pain women go thru during child birth-I was 9 at the time. Since then I've always respected (and pitied) the women folk. But I hear that the joy of seeing the child take all the pain away, THAT'S THE STRENGHT OF A WOMAN!

[center]But do u ladies have what it takes to be the first NAIRALAND IDOL? FIND OUT @ [/center]
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-256239.0.html

Re: Is Childbirth Really The Most Painful Thing Or Is It Exaggerated? by dellynash(f): 9:34am On Apr 01, 2009
yes its the most most painful thing but once the baby comes the pain subsides.
Re: Is Childbirth Really The Most Painful Thing Or Is It Exaggerated? by emiemi(f): 9:40am On Apr 01, 2009
It's better undergone than have someone describe whether or not it is a painful process.

Then and only then can you grasp the true meaning of pain and joy just about the same

time.

Go on and have your SIX beautiful children!!! grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Meet Sayo And Jomi: Taiwo Sayo & Kehinde Folajomi, Identical Twin Sisters / I Couldn't Say A Word When I Saw This (photo) / Corper Divorces Her Husband In Jos, Refunds N80K Dowry

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.