Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,897 members, 7,817,644 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:16 PM

Is Childbirth Really The Most Painful Thing Or Is It Exaggerated? - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is Childbirth Really The Most Painful Thing Or Is It Exaggerated? (58765 Views)

Women, Childbirth And Laziness / Most Painful Death Of A Loved One You Had / Your Experience During Childbirth In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Childbirth Really The Most Painful Thing Or Is It Exaggerated? by sayso: 9:55am On Apr 01, 2009
The undeniable value of a WOMAN
Re: Is Childbirth Really The Most Painful Thing Or Is It Exaggerated? by ijleke(f): 10:25am On Apr 01, 2009
@ poster, honestly yes it is painful but another way its an experience that most women cant be able to explain cause at that moment all you want is deliver the baby so i cant really say. but after the pain subsides. Another thing is most women are LAZY( they dont do any form exercise during pregnancy) and when they get to the labour room it seems like the whole world is coming to an end. My dear pain is part of life so dont be sacred to get pregnant its a good thing.
Also when u get preg. try to be having more sex, it helps. peace
Re: Is Childbirth Really The Most Painful Thing Or Is It Exaggerated? by Nobody: 10:33am On Apr 01, 2009
the last time i checked the topic/title of the thread is/was Is Childbirth Really The Most Painful Thing Or Is It Exaggerated?
that suggests that only 'mothers' can respond and explain what child birth is all about.

why are there so many inputs from  'kids'?
Re: Is Childbirth Really The Most Painful Thing Or Is It Exaggerated? by C2H5OH(f): 10:42am On Apr 01, 2009
what of kidney stones, huh?
Re: Is Childbirth Really The Most Painful Thing Or Is It Exaggerated? by NeroPapas(m): 10:45am On Apr 01, 2009
In order to experience joy, you need pain so my dear Childbirth is painful. After Eve caused Adam to sin against God in the garden of Eden, One of the punishments pronounce to women by God is that they shall go through pain in childbearing, nevertheless they shall be saved and it remain so till today.

I am a Man now but as a young boy of about 14yrs, I witnessed a woman giving birth and the memory still remain fresh till today. Childbirth is totally God at work. It's an awesome thing.

Take for instance, sex for the first time. As in a virgin, is it a good enjoyable experience? No! Not even for the man talkess of the woman. And am so sure that no matter how small a child may be at birth, it will be bigger that the thing of any man so if that thing man carries which is smaller than the smallest child could inflict so much pain on a woman then childbirth will be much much painful.

Conclusively, dont let that scare you. God has said you shall be save and that's what counts. People have a way of putting fear into others, so don,t mind what other women say determine that yours won't be so.  Am not trying to complicate things here o, Childbearing is a painful process.
Re: Is Childbirth Really The Most Painful Thing Or Is It Exaggerated? by ijleke(f): 10:46am On Apr 01, 2009
@ OMOIBO, wat do u mean if i remember very well i can see u MALE not female, all the posts are from mothers not those who dont know anything about child-birt. i dont think there is anyone who has contributed that has not had a baby, but so be the case they dont know then.
 Personally 2000 when i had my first baby most of my female freinds ask me how it was TO ME its an experience that i CANT explain. caue at the moment i felt differnt things at the same time. NO ONE IS A KID HERE.
  So mind your post,
Re: Is Childbirth Really The Most Painful Thing Or Is It Exaggerated? by C2H5OH(f): 10:51am On Apr 01, 2009
Mmmhmm I say pumping out kidney stones are far worse.

yeah, okay, okay you lots are still special, but don't deny it.
Re: Is Childbirth Really The Most Painful Thing Or Is It Exaggerated? by homegirl1: 11:09am On Apr 01, 2009
Im praying seriously to get married and become pregnant immediately. i'm not scared by what some women are saying that child birth is painful. afterall my mother did it for seven good times. so if it is that painful, she shouldn't have gone up to seven times. i like some posters that really encouraged would-be mothers like us that it is not a big deal, labour pain has been there and will continue to be there. we all came through that process and must exprience it too.lol

1 Like

Re: Is Childbirth Really The Most Painful Thing Or Is It Exaggerated? by Toppiano(m): 11:35am On Apr 01, 2009
No pain No gain. That starts from the first day when the cover is removed from the natural HOLE. If the the process is painful and still enjoyable, then nothing mega. Its natural. If it's really painful then women should stop giving birth.
Re: Is Childbirth Really The Most Painful Thing Or Is It Exaggerated? by ijleke(f): 12:23pm On Apr 01, 2009
@ toppiano true talk, for me it wasn't like expected it, most people over exaggerate it.
Re: Is Childbirth Really The Most Painful Thing Or Is It Exaggerated? by peeep: 12:42pm On Apr 01, 2009
No pain, No gain. God according to the Bible has ordained it to be so that a woman will go through pain before she gives birth. When my wife had our 1st and 2nd kids, the pains were not really much, just mild (according to her). I witnessed it live, Within minutes of getting to the hospital, it was over. But when she gave birth to the 3rd and last one, she went through hell for hours. The boy came out sitting down. Thank God the Doctor was experienced on such situation. It was not a good experience for us at all. In all, one need not be afraid of giving birth. God will not abandon His own in the labour room. Behold, He is with you always.
Re: Is Childbirth Really The Most Painful Thing Or Is It Exaggerated? by olaeday(m): 12:51pm On Apr 01, 2009
I believe childbirth is the most important painful thing in this whole wide world. Its easily done without forcing someone into it. What I mean is that, you get impreginated easily by enjoying the most lovely and passionate things about being pregnant. When in labour (delievry time), you find it difficult to release what is about coming out of you which is the opposite way of grabbing it easily. Thereby, becoming a path-way leading to death, some may even lead to barrines and some may lead to ailness that associated with delivering. I am giving it a second thought, parherps adoption would better in Nigeria this days 'cos am afraid of loosing the greatest partner of my life (my dearest wife). Life would be nothing without her. (Love You Mamma Cita).

1 Like

Re: Is Childbirth Really The Most Painful Thing Or Is It Exaggerated? by damiso(f): 1:37pm On Apr 01, 2009
I am pregnant with my first and i can say that i have just blanked my mind from thinking about labour undecided(deal with it when i get there or should i say when am nearer the time).

Enjoyed reading through most of the most experienced mothers posts,one question sha for those who have been there,I am terrifed of the way they have described the epidural procedure(needle and all,really hate needles and aint no super woman when it comes to pain),so as i have been able to gather from these posts, the size of the Epidural needle is worth not going through the pain?I am asking cos my midwife was asking me the other day about pain relief and tybe of birth bla bla,just told her i dont want to talk about it now.
Let me just enjoy the scenes of my hubby mopping and cooking and leave the unpleasant thoughts till later. grin.
Re: Is Childbirth Really The Most Painful Thing Or Is It Exaggerated? by minute(f): 1:46pm On Apr 01, 2009
I think childbirth and renal stone are about the same, painwise undecided undecided undecided

I was  talking to my mother,she says its painful but you

get brakes in between contraptions so its not as bad undecided undecided undecided

Also theres something to push out,so its not just pain for nothing. undecided undecided undecided

Shes had kidney stones too.
Re: Is Childbirth Really The Most Painful Thing Or Is It Exaggerated? by sistawoman: 2:14pm On Apr 01, 2009
Yes the Epidural needle is worth it.

Really all i remember from my births was a small sting and then all you feel is the pressure of the baby.

You should explore all of your pain mangement options before you go into delivery and have all of that set up and ready.

Once you see that baby all the pain and discomfort washes away.

Not to mention the look on your husbands face as he sees his first child being born. My first husband dropped to his knees in the delivery room and wept when he saw his son.

It makes it sooooooooo very much worth it.
Re: Is Childbirth Really The Most Painful Thing Or Is It Exaggerated? by elsirich: 5:35pm On Apr 01, 2009
@poster thanks for the topic.

It is a very interesting topic and educative for future mothers.
I think it is one of the painful experience a woman have to go through,but like other mothers the joy is in having the baby well and alive cos some still gothrough the pain and end up looseing the baby.I think that those of us who have gone through the pain should try as much as possible not overemphasize or (over exaggerate) in other not to scare the future mothers from getting pregnant cos if i had read this before i don't think i would have agreed with my husband in making babies. I guess we should encourage the pregnant women and yet to be mothers to having babies and also share with them the positive side of it cos in as much we go through pains, we dont go through it for the complete 9months.
You know when i was pregnant with my first child, i remember how sad i was cos i wasn't ready for it. But thank God my elder sister and my sisters inlaw where always there telling me what to do and what not to do together with my hubby's love and care i was able to pull through not. I don't think i experienced as much pain as its being painted here.

During my days of pregnancy, i enrolled in a gym house and with my hubby's support i was always going for the exercise classes even when i fill tired he will always trick me into going somehow.Always going to the hospital with me for anti-natas and when it seems like am forgetting something he will always remember, it was as if he was more interested in the baby than i was.Takes me out and makes sure i was never lonely even in the office i felt pampered by both senior and junior colleagues.
I was always keeping myself busy with my house chores-we divided it between ourselves cos i didn't want a househelp cos it would have made me lazy.With all these during my pregnancy i was able to give birth without much pain cos i was strong and very active. My first child is a boy and i only laboured for 2hrs 30mins and the second are my two beautiful girls and i spent about 5 hrs in the labour room and it was all a natural birth,no pain relief and my husband witnessed the two.
Re: Is Childbirth Really The Most Painful Thing Or Is It Exaggerated? by uzwu: 9:20pm On Apr 01, 2009
I am yet to cross the bridge and when i do i will definetely know. I am seriously looking forward to it anyways
Re: Is Childbirth Really The Most Painful Thing Or Is It Exaggerated? by emiemi(f): 9:01am On Apr 02, 2009
home girl:

Im praying seriously to get married and become pregnant immediately. i'm not scared by what some women are saying that child birth is painful. afterall my mother did it for seven good times. so if it is that painful, she shouldn't have gone up to seven times. i like some posters that really encouraged would-be mothers like us that it is not a big deal, labour pain has been there and will continue to be there. we all came through that process and must exprience it too.lol

After the first one, it becomes relatively less painful and easy. So you can have 10 if you wish. cheesy
Re: Is Childbirth Really The Most Painful Thing Or Is It Exaggerated? by Nobody: 9:17am On Apr 02, 2009
Indeed it is the most painful experience anyone can ever experience but if a lot of women including yours truely have been there, done that sucessfully then u can too just have faith
Re: Is Childbirth Really The Most Painful Thing Or Is It Exaggerated? by Omolola1(f): 1:11pm On Apr 02, 2009
hmmmmmmmn

sometimes i get really scared you know sad
Re: Is Childbirth Really The Most Painful Thing Or Is It Exaggerated? by tundysho(m): 11:28pm On Apr 02, 2009
Omolola1:

hmmmmmmmn

sometimes i get really scared you know sad

How old re you
Re: Is Childbirth Really The Most Painful Thing Or Is It Exaggerated? by nana(f): 11:34pm On Apr 02, 2009
*runs out of thread*
Re: Is Childbirth Really The Most Painful Thing Or Is It Exaggerated? by Pataki: 11:58pm On Apr 02, 2009
nana:

*runs out of thread*
After you watching eastenders, why won't you run? grin
Re: Is Childbirth Really The Most Painful Thing Or Is It Exaggerated? by mohawkchic(f): 2:49am On Apr 03, 2009
elsirich:

I think that those of us who have gone through the pain should try as much as possible not overemphasize or (over exaggerate) in other not to scare the future mothers from getting pregnant cos if i had read this before i don't think i would have agreed with my husband in making babies. I guess we should encourage the pregnant women and yet to be mothers to having babies and also share with them the positive side of it [/b]cos in as much we go through pains,we dont go through it for the complete 9months

~In as much as this thread is Educative,it has to be Factual based on the true Emotions or Experience of the Mothers responding! The Uterus [b]Must
Contract,The Cervix Dilate . .T-H-I-S will cause P-A-I-N cheesy No sugar-coating!! Tis what it Is!!

~Pain is Physical,so there's no way of telling What one might consider an exagguration while trying to put into words the Intensity of pain they felt!!

~I think a good way of encouraging Mums-To-Be is by Raising Awareness on how to have a Good Birth Experience regardless of the Pain,To Educate themselves in :

~The Stages Of Labor: Pre-Labor ~Early Labor ~Active Labor ~Transition ~Pushing
~Pain Relief during Labor: Epidural ~Pethidine ~Gas & Mask ~TENS
~Relaxation Techniques: The Way to Breathe . .which is very important !
~ Posture & Positions . .

~If every Expectant mother is aware of these things,the whole process of childbirth. . .they'll be less fearful / Anxious of what to expect!Worked for me . . wink

~Sometimes there will be[i] Challenges[/i] but It's all about the individual's attitude . .a Positive one at that grin
Re: Is Childbirth Really The Most Painful Thing Or Is It Exaggerated? by sexyLeamon(f): 6:16am On Apr 03, 2009
mohawkchic:

~In as much as this thread is Educative,it has to be Factual based on the true Emotions or Experience of the Mothers responding! The Uterus Must Contract,The Cervix Dilate . .T-H-I-S will cause P-A-I-N cheesy No sugar-coating!! Tis what it Is!!

~Pain is Physical,so there's no way of telling What one might consider an exagguration while trying to put into words the Intensity of pain they felt!!

~I think a good way of encouraging Mums-To-Be is by Raising Awareness on how to have a Good Birth Experience regardless of the Pain,To Educate themselves in :

[color=#000099]
~The Stages Of Labor: Pre-Labor ~Early Labor ~Active Labor ~Transition ~Pushing
~Pain Relief during Labor: Epidural ~Pethidine ~Gas & Mask ~TENS
~Relaxation Techniques: The Way to Breathe . .which is very important !
~ Posture & Positions . .

~If every Expectant mother is aware of these things,the whole process of childbirth. . .they'll be less fearful / Anxious of what to expect!Worked for me . . wink

~Sometimes there will be[i] Challenges[/i] but It's all about the individual's attitude . .a Positive one at that grin
[/color]

God that is so useful I don't know any of this? shocked shocked shocked
Re: Is Childbirth Really The Most Painful Thing Or Is It Exaggerated? by silat(f): 10:31am On Apr 03, 2009
helo female nairalanders, childbirth is not as painful as it sounds,even though its different 4 every1. its sweeter n relieving wen u hear ur baby cry. its a nice xperience. i know u will like to xperience it. goodluck n remove fear.
Re: Is Childbirth Really The Most Painful Thing Or Is It Exaggerated? by Boslo: 1:39pm On Apr 08, 2009
Childbirth is a wonderful experience, it is actually painful but is just for a period of time.something like serious menstrual pain.Pray that you dont have a long labour.The longer the labour the more the pain.

In all it is worth it sha.After u av seen ur baby u forget about the pain and u feel great joy.It is like u having to go through the pain of reading for an exam.Once u av a gud result u for get about the pain and focus on your success.

I have two kids already so i know better,dont mind people jo,if it was dat bad y dont they stop on one or two,some even go as far as having 5 or more.

Abeg the God that put it there will help u thru ur delivery.Dont be scared
Re: Is Childbirth Really The Most Painful Thing Or Is It Exaggerated? by ayodot(m): 12:38am On Apr 11, 2009
There lots of children that are in motherless baby home, so u could help yourself out.
A saying goes 'Ikoko to ba maje ata idi e a koko gbona'. idi yi most 2 gbona
Re: Is Childbirth Really The Most Painful Thing Or Is It Exaggerated? by LadyangeA(f): 11:05am On Apr 13, 2009
sure it is the most painful thing but not to worry once the baby is out the pain subsides and you can look at your baby and smile.
Re: Is Childbirth Really The Most Painful Thing Or Is It Exaggerated? by bolu1(f): 1:58am On Jun 01, 2009
It is painful and tiring. I have twins and I pushed them out, so you can imagine. Thank God for epidural!
Re: Is Childbirth Really The Most Painful Thing Or Is It Exaggerated? by sweetpie23: 9:27am On Jul 21, 2009
childbirth is like going through a physical pain and experiencing an emotional joy afterward.
Re: Is Childbirth Really The Most Painful Thing Or Is It Exaggerated? by Nobody: 2:30pm On Jul 22, 2009
I wouldn't think so, otherwise, all the 13 or 14 year old girls
wouldn't risk indulging in sex. I thing rape is the most painful thing a woman
can go through as it will stay in her mind for the rest of her life.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

I Just Saw CONDOM In My Husband's Wallet, Am I Suppose To Just Overlook It? / Your Experience During Childbirth In Nigeria / My Brother-In-Law Dips His Hands Inside My Pot Of Soup

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.