Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,795 members, 7,956,033 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 09:54 PM

Is Childbirth Really The Most Painful Thing Or Is It Exaggerated? - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is Childbirth Really The Most Painful Thing Or Is It Exaggerated? (58998 Views)

Women, Childbirth And Laziness / Most Painful Death Of A Loved One You Had / Your Experience During Childbirth In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Childbirth Really The Most Painful Thing Or Is It Exaggerated? by tope2000(f): 11:27pm On Mar 31, 2009
**osisi:

Whoever came up with that medical crap of " a woman having no memory of childbirth pain" lied through their teeth grin
and all you ladies talking about how the baby wiped away the pain lied. lipsrsealed
I had my kids years ago and up till today I'm traumatized by the hell I went through from home to the maternity room and back grin
where do I begin?
The labor pain was more than anything I had ever experienced.

Leilah captured it and I'll rephrase it

It felt like a volcano was about to erupt in my pudendal region taking my buttocks with it

then after the birth,the afterpain cry cry cry cry cry
even shots of diamorphine couldn't relieve it
shall I talk of when when they discharge you with vaginal tears and episiotomies? cry cry cry
that you're required to wash with Iodine solution? shocked shocked shocked shocked
To walk sef na wahala
Pain plus 3 heavy duty pads in between your legs

Thank God I'm done.

Childbirth is not like not like eating agege bread abeg. grin
It's like a trip to the great beyond and back.

Oh Christ . . . . . Osisi thanx a bunch angry
Re: Is Childbirth Really The Most Painful Thing Or Is It Exaggerated? by Nobody: 11:37pm On Mar 31, 2009
**osisi:

Whoever came up with that medical crap of " a woman having no memory of childbirth pain" lied through their teeth grin
and all you ladies talking about how the baby wiped away the pain lied. lipsrsealed
I had my kids years ago and up till today I'm traumatized by the hell I went through from home to the maternity room and back grin
where do I begin?
The labor pain was more than anything I had ever experienced.
Leilah captured it and I'll rephrase it

It felt like a volcano was about to erupt in my pudendal region taking my buttocks with it

then after the birth,the afterpain cry cry cry cry cry
even shots of diamorphine couldn't relieve it
shall I talk of when when they discharge you with vaginal tears and episiotomies? cry cry cry
that you're required to wash with Iodine solution after each pee pee shocked shocked shocked shocked
I spoke Egbira and Kalabari
To waka sef na wahala
Pain plus 3 heavy duty pads in between your legs.

Thank God I'm done.

Childbirth is not like eating agege bread abeg. grin
It's like a trip to the great beyond and back.
Plz, inform our men who wants to pop one baby after the other in the oven.

No biggy, I've heard worst in maternity unit.

You should be happy that your babies came out well.

You should see babies with jaundice, deformities in the nursery.

@POST
What are we to do?
It's painful for some and nothing for others.

Just ask for epidural
Re: Is Childbirth Really The Most Painful Thing Or Is It Exaggerated? by osisi2(f): 11:42pm On Mar 31, 2009
who wants to have first hand information on epidurals?
well the second time I told Dr Goldstein that as soon as I hit the labor room ,I need the anesthetist
They marked it on my file
As soon as the labour started and the time was right, my man called Goldstein and  called the Hospital
After we checked in,I requested that I needed the epiduaral right away since I was not about to go through the torture I went through  a few years prior trying to be "natural"
A few minutes later Dr Chin Kong the anesthetist comes in with a needle and syringe the size of a shot gun grin
I thought he was was a veterinarian from the gadgets he had.
It didn't take long for me to realize that I was the horse grin
He swabbed my back and instructed me to keep still.
One small movement he could pierce through my spinal cord and I'll be paralyzed for life
I almost chickened out but I quickly remebered  what I went through a few years earlier and took my chances with paraplegia

It took the first time and it was heaven from then on.
I was flipping the channels on the TV
If I had my laptop ,I would have logged in to Nairaland grin

No do no do
here came baby Ofiafuluagu grin
Re: Is Childbirth Really The Most Painful Thing Or Is It Exaggerated? by chamotex(m): 11:42pm On Mar 31, 2009
~Sissy~:

Constantly remind her of how beautiful she looks and how excited you are about the arrival of the baby.

And what if she's not beautiful?? Should I lie??
Re: Is Childbirth Really The Most Painful Thing Or Is It Exaggerated? by Nobody: 11:43pm On Mar 31, 2009
**osisi:

A few minutes later Dr Chin Kong the anesthetist comes in with a needle and syringe the size of a shot gun grin
I thought he was was a veterinarian from the gadgets he had.

rotflmao grin grin
Re: Is Childbirth Really The Most Painful Thing Or Is It Exaggerated? by Nobody: 11:43pm On Mar 31, 2009
chamotex:

What? angry angry
Re: Is Childbirth Really The Most Painful Thing Or Is It Exaggerated? by tope2000(f): 11:45pm On Mar 31, 2009
~Sissy~:

many jare cheesy cheesy cheesy

no nagging from them men, we should be the one doing all the nagging in the house. cool
i think they need to be there in the labor room, to see what the hell they did angry
being a comforter when she needs it
support your pregnant wife by participating in a few more chores around the household
pick up a good book on massage, since massage can be a bonding experience, as well as pain or tension relieving for the pregnant woman
Never let your partner feel lonely or isolated cox sometimes pregnant women can sometimes feel that no body understands them. *hormonal changes*
Constantly remind her of how beautiful she looks and how excited you are about the arrival of the baby.

That cud work cheesy
Re: Is Childbirth Really The Most Painful Thing Or Is It Exaggerated? by Sissy3(f): 11:48pm On Mar 31, 2009
chamotex:

yes, you are required to lie to her. cause sometimes many pregnant women feel awful about their body. and some suffer low self esteem/depression. now is that what you really want her in that condition to suffer?
Re: Is Childbirth Really The Most Painful Thing Or Is It Exaggerated? by Nobody: 11:50pm On Mar 31, 2009
~Sissy~:

yes, you are required to lie to her. cause sometimes many pregnant women feel awful about their body. and some suffer low self esteem/depression. now is that what you really want her in that condition to suffer?
Are you answering him?
Chamotex berra be joking.
What man would tell his wife she looks a hot mess when she's in labor.
He wan die? shocked
Re: Is Childbirth Really The Most Painful Thing Or Is It Exaggerated? by Sissy3(f): 11:54pm On Mar 31, 2009
tope2000:

That cud work cheesy

if only men will listen cheesy cheesy

Ebony-Silk:

Are you answering him?
He wan die? shocked

hopefully grin grin cheesy cheesy
Re: Is Childbirth Really The Most Painful Thing Or Is It Exaggerated? by chamotex(m): 11:55pm On Mar 31, 2009
Ebony-Silk:

What? angry angry

Is it hard for you ti understand simple English? Should I type in Yoruba instead?? undecided undecided

~Sissy~:

Okay thanks . . . . . . I'll remember!

Ebony-Silk:

Are you answering him?
He wan die?  shocked

If we lie y'all will be like "he's not honest" . . . . . . . . . Can we do anything right?
You want ne to lie even when its damn obvious she's not pretty?
Re: Is Childbirth Really The Most Painful Thing Or Is It Exaggerated? by tope2000(f): 11:56pm On Mar 31, 2009
~Sissy~:

if only men will listen cheesy cheesy

Wont listen to who??
Girl . . . . .when a woman is in labor she is the queen bee . . . . .i can slap him if i like n get away with it grin cheesy
Re: Is Childbirth Really The Most Painful Thing Or Is It Exaggerated? by Nobody: 11:59pm On Mar 31, 2009
chamotex:

Is it hard for you ti understand simple English? Should I type in Yoruba instead?? undecided undecided
Yes, that'd be better.

chamotex:

If we lie y'all will be like "he's not honest" . . . . . . . . . Can we do anything right?
You want ne to lie even when its damn obvious she's not pretty?
When you get to that stage you wouldn't even ask this question.
At that time, your upmost goal would be trying to please and comfort her.
Kai! I nan jo!
Re: Is Childbirth Really The Most Painful Thing Or Is It Exaggerated? by sley4life(m): 12:00am On Apr 01, 2009
women shuldnt b scared of child birth cos when eve was givin adam apple she wasnt scared. so take what u see,
Re: Is Childbirth Really The Most Painful Thing Or Is It Exaggerated? by Nobody: 12:01am On Apr 01, 2009
sley4life:

women shuldnt b scared of child birth cos when eve was givin adam apple she wasnt scared. so take what u see,
What does that have to do with child bearing?
Re: Is Childbirth Really The Most Painful Thing Or Is It Exaggerated? by Sissy3(f): 12:01am On Apr 01, 2009
sley4life:

what nonsense angry angry
Re: Is Childbirth Really The Most Painful Thing Or Is It Exaggerated? by tope2000(f): 12:03am On Apr 01, 2009
sley4life:

I suggest u shut up next time . . . . u hear? grin cheesy
Re: Is Childbirth Really The Most Painful Thing Or Is It Exaggerated? by Sissy3(f): 12:03am On Apr 01, 2009
tope2000:

Wont listen to who??
Girl . . . . .when a woman is in labor she is the queen bee . . . . .i can slap him if i like n get away with it grin cheesy

some men can be clueless when it comes to that, so they need constant reminder grin grin
Re: Is Childbirth Really The Most Painful Thing Or Is It Exaggerated? by tope2000(f): 12:04am On Apr 01, 2009
~Sissy~:

some men can be clueless when it comes to that, so they need constant reminder grin grin

This is why there are books for new fathers. . . . .so he shud hit the bookstore n get one immediately im preggers grin
Re: Is Childbirth Really The Most Painful Thing Or Is It Exaggerated? by Sissy3(f): 12:08am On Apr 01, 2009
tope2000:

This is why there are books for new fathers. . . . .so he shud hit the bookstore n get one immediately im preggers grin

yea, some of them are too lazy to flip a page of any book sef grin grin changing diaper sef can be a war between iraq and iran
Re: Is Childbirth Really The Most Painful Thing Or Is It Exaggerated? by tope2000(f): 12:10am On Apr 01, 2009
~Sissy~:

yea, some of them are too lazy to flip a page of any book sef grin grin changing diaper sef can be a war between iraq and iran

That is another serious issue . . . . .why do men run away from this?? undecided
Am i the only that suppose to clean the baby's poo? cheesy
Re: Is Childbirth Really The Most Painful Thing Or Is It Exaggerated? by StrStruck(f): 12:13am On Apr 01, 2009
@topic, well some women die as a result of childbirth so it definitely cannot be exaggerated.
Re: Is Childbirth Really The Most Painful Thing Or Is It Exaggerated? by Sissy3(f): 12:14am On Apr 01, 2009
tope2000:

That is another serious issue . . . . .why do men run away from this?? undecided
Am i the only that suppose to clean the baby's poo? cheesy

most of them are scared of the poo cox to them it seems nasty as if they dont do it themselves angry angry
Re: Is Childbirth Really The Most Painful Thing Or Is It Exaggerated? by tope2000(f): 12:16am On Apr 01, 2009
~Sissy~:

most of them are scared of the poo cox to them it seems nasty as if they dont do it themselves angry angry

Nasty . . . .i guess their own comes with a perfume undecided
Re: Is Childbirth Really The Most Painful Thing Or Is It Exaggerated? by Sissy3(f): 12:19am On Apr 01, 2009
tope2000:

Nasty . . . .i guess their own comes with a perfume undecided

hahaha cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

no mind them, you can imagine pot calling kettle black
Re: Is Childbirth Really The Most Painful Thing Or Is It Exaggerated? by sley4life(m): 12:21am On Apr 01, 2009
kip asking, go ask baba we create us why, as i said before its has to be like that, d opp gender has to carry the pains cos they initiated the troubles we are facing nw wit the serpent,
Re: Is Childbirth Really The Most Painful Thing Or Is It Exaggerated? by Sissy3(f): 12:22am On Apr 01, 2009
sley4life:

kip asking, go ask baba we create us why, as i said before its has to be like that, d opp gender has to carry the pains cos they initiated the troubles we are facing nw wit the serpent,

seriously you are really pissing me off with this your ranting here angry angry angry
Re: Is Childbirth Really The Most Painful Thing Or Is It Exaggerated? by tope2000(f): 12:23am On Apr 01, 2009
just ignore abeg wink
Re: Is Childbirth Really The Most Painful Thing Or Is It Exaggerated? by Nobody: 12:25am On Apr 01, 2009
sley4life:

Go back and read what you wrote.
If you can understand, then break it down for me. wink
Re: Is Childbirth Really The Most Painful Thing Or Is It Exaggerated? by sley4life(m): 12:27am On Apr 01, 2009
tope2000:

I suggest u shut up next time . . . . u hear?  grin cheesy

abeg jare, why una first chop apple?  abi u wan make we xchange gender
Re: Is Childbirth Really The Most Painful Thing Or Is It Exaggerated? by tope2000(f): 12:30am On Apr 01, 2009
sley4life:

abeg jare, why una first chop apple? abi u wan make we xchange gender

u still here? when is ur internet run outta money??
Re: Is Childbirth Really The Most Painful Thing Or Is It Exaggerated? by sley4life(m): 12:31am On Apr 01, 2009
for me child bearing is really felt in the last stages where u will be under certain diet & mayb the part of delivery but the other part might not seems so difficult to handle

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Hauwa, Adam Nuru's Wife Packs Out Of Husband's House, May Seek Divorce / Man Dumps His 4 Kids At Agege LGA With Note 'I Can't Feed Them Cos Of Hardship' / Why Men Treat Side-Chicks Better Than Wives

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.